Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Any figures arrived to Spain, Portugal, France or any other EU country?

That sucks Crusader, I was worried for the same. I also received Spikor early this morning but without a lazy eye.

Received my Spikor this morning, and everything was perfect as usual. May be I'm the only one that has never experienced any QC issues By the way, Spikor is an awesome figure. Can't wait to see Two-Bad in this line (I hope that we get to see it )

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Spikor arrived today. Superquick delivery this time, since it was only last week that the June figures arrived.

Was that package unusually large and/or expensive and/or UPS/tracked, or did the customs sting seem random?
    The parcel was big but not bigger than Stay Puft's. The declared value of Stay Puft was also higher... but I think the difference is that Stay Puft was sent by unregistered mail and May subs were sent by registered mail.
    Having read the new no refunds/replacement figures policy I guess this parcel was sent by registered mail to avoid "evil international customers asking for free figures"... the parcel arrived to Sweden by registered mail and went through customs, a sticker with origin and destination was placed and came to Spain via international priority mail (registered) and in Barajas Airport was stopped again the value checked and the tax applied... after that Correos (Spanish postal service) added the handling fee
    Last edited by Calderon; July 31, 2012 at 10:24am.

Got my Spikor today.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    That sucks Crusader, I was worried for the same. I also received Spikor early this morning but without a lazy eye.
    I hope my non-subscription Spikor is fine and has a good cardback. Then I can open this one and repaint the eye myself. I can live with some paint bleeding, but off-centered eyes really bug the hell out of me.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Spikors came today.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I hope my non-subscription Spikor is fine and has a good cardback. Then I can open this one and repaint the eye myself. I can live with some paint bleeding, but off-centered eyes really bug the hell out of me.
    Mine also arrived today, thank God I have 2 because one also has crossed eyes.

Every time new figures arrive it's comparising time wich one is decent enough to stay on card and wich one has a damage card or bad paint applications.
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Widget
    Spikor just arrived. He looks cool.

Still no sight of Horde Prime

That sucks, Crusader.

My Spikor fig arrived yesterday, but I haven't had time to check it yet. After reading your post, i probably will check it asap.

vykron and dana arrived, 33 euro taxes
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

I got my Spikor Yesterday and once again i got a perfect figure. I am very lucky i have never had any QC issues since the start of the line.

I was shocked to receive him so quickly i had become use to the 3-4 week delivery time its great to get one so fast. Hopefully Vykron & Dana will arrive soon

Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    vykron and dana arrived, 33 euro taxes
    Ouch that hurts!

I decided to order them separately... I hope I can avoid customs...

- - - Updated - - -

And looks like we are likely going to be hit by customs every month until the end of the year, starting september...

30 July: SMAA: already arrived, (Vikor, Spikor+Sky-Klone): arrived to me in 2 weeks! without any customs and with cheapest shipping option! fastest shipment from Matty ever.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    The parcel was big but not bigger than Stay Puft's. The declared value of Stay Puft was also higher... but I think the difference is that Stay Puft was sent by unregistered mail and May subs were sent by registered mail.
    Having read the new no refunds/replacement figures policy I guess this parcel was sent by registered mail to avoid "evil international customers asking for free figures"... the parcel arrived to Sweden by registered mail and went through customs, a sticker with origin and destination was placed and came to Spain via international priority mail (registered) and in Barajas Airport was stopped again the value checked and the tax applied... after that Correos (Spanish postal service) added the handling fee
    Oh, that's it then. Registered mail is one of the sure ways of getting a customs sting.

If you use UPS or DHL, it's them the ones who charge (and keep the amount charged for) a "customs handling fee" (the other part of the customs bill, the government-imposed value-added tax, they're required to collect but can't keep for themselves). So, if you use that shipping option, you can expect with 100% certainty to be hit with a hefty customs bill for every package that exceeds the legal threshold; simply because private carriers get a non-negligible amount of revenue from it, so they have quite a good incentive to not let any package escape their "customs handling" greed (with their fees easily exceeding the VAT part and even the value of the package itself; I've heard horror stories about some private carriers charging "customs handling fees" in excess of $100 per package).

However, registered mail is a customs-sting risk also with non-private carrier services. Not long ago, I won an eBay auction for a Shadow Beast and a Weapons Rack and was sent the package through USPS Priority (i.e., non-basic non-cheapest tracked service). The package was worth around $60 and the seller placed the eBay-generated invoice prominently on the package. I got stung with a $30 customs bill by Correos because of that, whereas I've had well over a dozen MattyCollector packages sent over the past months through their cheap, untracked Mail on the Move carrier (most within the $50 to $75 range, with one even slightly exceeding the $100 mark), and none have (thankfully) ever gotten a customs sting.

What I don't get is the reason why Digital River used registered mail in your case. It doesn't seem to make much sense that they (or their cheap Mail on the Move subcontractor) would willingly choose to send a package through a more expensive tracked service if the customer hasn't paid for that option. It's not as if an international customer actually has more than an snowball's chance of getting a replacement figure from Digital River if the original shipment gets "lost", that they would preemptively pay more out of their own pockets to ensure the package arrives at its destination.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena_Fan View Post
    That sucks, Crusader.

My Spikor fig arrived yesterday, but I haven't had time to check it yet. After reading your post, i probably will check it asap.
    Thanks man, I hope you got more luck than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    Mine also arrived today, thank God I have 2 because one also has crossed eyes.

Every time new figures arrive it's comparising time wich one is decent enough to stay on card and wich one has a damage card or bad paint applications.
    I do the same thing. And everytime it's a tough choice, because there's always something ...
    And in this case, both suffered from the same QC problem.

This one I opened:

I kept this one for my MOC collection.

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Got Spikor a few days ago, still no sign of June sub figures (SMAA, HP and Grifin)... I've been in contact with the customs all week and there's nothing being held there... and one of my fellow portuguese collectors who made the same order (3 figures but at day of sale) is still in the void as well. Those who ordered in the DOS separately already got their figures. Who the hell understands this???
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Horde Prime and Snake MAA arrived today.
    Day of sale purchases... sigh..

Got my subscription Sir Laser-Lot today.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Someone is waiting for his Laser-Lot?

I havent receive mine. Im in Spain...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Received my non-sub Mekaneck yesterday!! I like him a lot. Despite I would have liked his neck to be action feature rather than swappable pieces... but I suppose everything can't be perfect

Now waiting for next month's Rattlor!!!

Got my September sub package today.

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Still waiting for my sub figures.... Hope I didnīt get hit by customs ((fingers crossed))
    In Spain some people have received day of sale and sub items at the same time and got hit by customs (50+ euro) weird!
    Last edited by Calderon; October 10, 2012 at 12:01pm.

Still waiting for both - September sub stuff and September DOS stuff. It takes extra long this month. I hope the packages didn't get lost.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Still waiting for both - September sub stuff and September DOS stuff. It takes extra long this month. I hope the packages didn't get lost.
    Same here, it's taking forever. I'm optimistic that it's just around the corner as some people here and there have been getting their stuff - and mine shipped late.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Today my September DOS Snakemen and Zodak arrived. Still waiting for my September sub stuff.
    Interesting that DOS stuff arrived sooner than sub. Still I hope the sub package didn't get lost.

UPDATE: Received my September sub stuff yesterday (Oct 18)
    Last edited by Sabretooth; October 19, 2012 at 03:30am.