Thread: HOT TOYS Figures!

Hybrid View

HOT TOYS Figures!

Just wondering if anybody buys any of the Hot Toys stuff?

I just got the Iron Man Mark III and I wanted to geek out with somebody.

I also have the Mark I on the way and have my eye on the T-600.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    I love Hot Toys! By far the nicest 1/6 figures on the market (and you certainly pay for em haha...) I haven't picked up any of the Iron Man figures yet, though the Mark 1 looks amazing! Here are some pics of the figs I have. There are a few Medicom Real Action Heroes mixed in as well:

Is that the Joker figure with the moving eyes that was posted here some time back?

Oh man, I want that Predator!

Yeah! That is great Predator and yer gonna have a predator, it's gotta be the first one.
    Nice collection He-Lurker! I especially like the Batman and original Predator.

My problem with the 'clothed' figures, though nice is that they just don't look right to me and look too doll like.
    Of they never can get the clothes right as the cloth they use is still gonna be full size.

I've never owned a Hot Toys product before but I'm a little underwhelmed with my Iron Man Mark III. The colour is not the correct red, which makes him look more plasticy and his human head is too big. The packaging is great though but I might sell this one in exchange for the battle damaged version. What do you guys think?
    www.eamonart.com

The thriller Micheal Jackson that is coming out looks amazing.

Bang your head!!!
    I wish I had held off on the DCD Dark Knight 12 figures and got the Hot Toys versions ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    The thriller Micheal Jackson that is coming out looks amazing.
    Yes it does
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

I bought all three of the classic Planet of the Apes figures.

Gorilla Soldier
    Gorilla Captain
    General Ursus

They are hands down the best Apes ever made! Just unbelievable...
    I hope we'll see a Roddy McDowall soon, along with Dr. Zaius and Zira.

Pics man??

These are dangerous figures to getting fond of I tell ya!
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    The Hot Toys stuff is amazing. It's just a little too expensive for my blood. But I would LOVE to have the Dark Knight Two-Face! That thing is sweet.

My buddy Devall loves these though. Here is his TNTS review of the Mark III Iron Man:

We'll actually have a review of Mark II Iron Man up on the site next week, too.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The Hot Toys stuff is amazing. It's just a little too expensive for my blood. But I would LOVE to have the Dark Knight Two-Face! That thing is sweet.
    We'll actually have a review of Mark II Iron Man up on the site next week, too.
    I totally agree with you. These are a little too expensive for me too. I actually haven't nor will I ever pay for any Hot Toys.
    The Iron Man I just got is nice but I am glad I didn't pay for him or the Mark 1. 100 is a lot for a figure. I'd pay maybe 60 but 100 is just too much even if I was minted.

Just this minute I popped down to my local to pick the Dark Knight figures up for a look that's on display.
    Didn't like the Dark Knight Batman, too rubbery and the face was very pale.
    The Joker is nice but yes the Two-Face is very nice indeed. The clothes thing bothers me though.

Can you post your Hot Toys reviews here from now on Dan please? They are good reviews.
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post

Can you post your Hot Toys reviews here from now on Dan please? They are good reviews.
    Absolutely! The next review we do I'll make sure to post here!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Listened to the hottoycast for the first time. Good stuff, man! I really dug the interview with Big Chief.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Listened to the hottoycast for the first time. Good stuff, man! I really dug the interview with Big Chief.
    Thanks! You may want to check out Episode Six where we have an interview with Sideshow Collectables. Some really interesting stuff there.

We have many more interesting guests on the way including some from Hot Toys and Enterbay.

If folks can help spread the word too about the podcast that would be sweet!
    www.eamonart.com

Just got The Avengers Thor and Black Widow today... I love the black widow, but not too fond of the Thor... he looks amazing, detail is all there, but trying to pose him is impossible due to his outfit being too restrictive... The hammer is completely made out of metal, and the detail is just breath taking!!! Plastic Crack indeed!
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

I broke down and decided to preorder the Iron Man 3 Iron Patriot. I am sucker for USA paint schemes and the fact I can pay it off over 5 months and use my Sideshow Rewards just made it too easy

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I got some Sideshow Clone Troopers, an Iron Man bust and am planning to buy some Iron Man stuff and some Bowen statues...life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Thanks! You may want to check out Episode Six where we have an interview with Sideshow Collectables. Some really interesting stuff there.

We have many more interesting guests on the way including some from Hot Toys and Enterbay.

If folks can help spread the word too about the podcast that would be sweet!
    Recently watched the Sideshow behind the scenes videos on their site so that interview was a nice follow-up.

As someone who entered the 1:6 toy world by accident in the early 2000s (I had to research them for work.) and initially with some hesitation, I appreciate the action figure vs doll discussion in episode one. Long ago, I too accepted the fact that 1:6 figures are indeed "dolls" but that somehow doesn't make them any less cool or me less "manly."

Keep 'em coming, man!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Has anyone gotten any of the snap kits? Those are cool...the Aliens really got my interest.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Episode Seven The High-end action figure podcast for high-end humans is now live for all to hear. This week we discuss Bane, city hunter with a special guest review of Luke Skywalker buy first time Hot Toy owner and renowned reviewer, Pixel-Dan.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...st/id571814459

http://www.podcasts.com/the_hottoycast

http://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The...de%20Seven.m4a
    www.eamonart.com

Hot Toys released pics of the GI Joe Retaliation roadblock figure. I am kind of disappointed. this was the figure I was most looking fwd to but the face sculpt while very good seems kind of off, just like that tony stark figure coming out it looks very human but more like a look a like than the actual actor. I can't put my finger on it but they have done better.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=20446

I think it's the lower jaw, it's a bit too short maybe. I'm not going to jump on the pre-order, still have to consider it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ok, I was wondering what would everyones Top 10 'Dream Figures' from hot toys be?

Mine are -

1.Magneto from the 2nd Xmen Film
    2.Ripley from Aliens
    3.Skeletor from the film.
    4.Quint From Jaws
    5.Brody From Jaws
    6.Hooper From Jaws
    7.Macready From the Thing
    8.Jack Torrance from the Shining
    9.Pennywise from 'It'
    10.Mrs lovett from Sweeney Todd

What would you guys REALLY want to see get the HT treatment?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Hot Toys released pics of the GI Joe Retaliation roadblock figure. I am kind of disappointed. this was the figure I was most looking fwd to but the face sculpt while very good seems kind of off, just like that tony stark figure coming out it looks very human but more like a look a like than the actual actor. I can't put my finger on it but they have done better.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=20446

I think it's the lower jaw, it's a bit too short maybe. I'm not going to jump on the pre-order, still have to consider it.
    This was on my most wanted list after seeing the movie but Hot Toys totally failed imho on the face sculpt and the size of the upper body. The Rock is a HUGE guy up top and this is like standard action/hero body. Something is also very off with the face, not sure if its the jaw or the point at the top of his head but its off.

And I am not just being nitpicky, my wife even said this was a disappointment.

A quick look on FB and I am not the only one, there is on thread with about 1200 comments all echoing the same concerns
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback