Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOT TOYS Figures!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Got a few, but the prices are obviously restrictive. These are my favourites:

user59841_pic42325_1302722425.jpg

I was really hoping they would snap up the PROMETHEUS license and give us a 'David' and 'Liz Shaw' in environmental suits.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Any "toy" that costs more than a game console is overpriced. These are not $200 toys. $40 at best for a generic body, some doll clothes and a head.

I only own 1 Hot Toy, but a good friend of mine owns quite a few of the Batman Hot Toys produced (both the Tim Burton films and the Nolan films) and I have to say that they seem worth every penny. I own Alice from Resident Evil and the figure is extremely impressive.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Any "toy" that costs more than a game console is overpriced. These are not $200 toys. $40 at best for a generic body, some doll clothes and a head.
    Once you get one in your hands, see the stunning qualiy of that head and those "doll clothes", you might think differently. They truly are works of art. The Nostromo Dallas is one of the most impressive 'dolls' I've ever had the pleaure to hold in my hands...
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Gentlemen.... and the occasional lady...

....The High-end action figure podcast for high-end humans is now live for all to hear. Do your ears a favour and listen to Michael Crawford, Jeff Parker, James Doble and my good self discuss all things Hot Toys, Enterbay, 3A Toys and Sideshow Collectables.

http://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The...EpisodeOne.mp3
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I understand what you are saying and I feel that these shouldn't be more than $180 but the head sculpts are usually absolutely fantastic as is the sewing work and attn to detail. you're paying for the craftsmanship and low run. I got Jack sparrow for $140 shipped and he's AMAZING! the detail is outstanding it really is. I preordered Batman and Joker and am tempted to get Nick Fury, I can't afford to now but I'd like to.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Gentlemen.... and the occasional lady...

....The High-end action figure podcast for high-end humans is now live for all to hear. Do your ears a favour and listen to Michael Crawford, Jeff Parker, James Doble and my good self discuss all things Hot Toys, Enterbay, 3A Toys and Sideshow Collectables.

http://eamonart.com/Forum%20Images/Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg

http://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The...EpisodeOne.mp3
    You know, usually get my Hot Toys and high end collectibles kick from the Pre-Order 66 podcast but I will definitely give you guys a listen. I have been on the Men Who Collect Toys website for at least 10 years so I'd love to hear Michael Crawford's opinion.

Thank you for posting this, Mr. Eamon.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I got Nick Fury last month, and absolutely fell in love, they're truly works of art, the head sculpts alone are marvelous... then you look at the clothes and can't help to think that the money you spent was absolutely worth it, right after that I ordered the rest of the avengers and I'm expecting The Dark Knight Rises Batman to come to my doorstep any day now.

I'm addicted.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

www.eamonart.com

I own a bunch of HT figures. I buy mostly the Marvel and DC stuff.

That's just it. They aren't "toys." Toys are items intended for children to play with. Stuff you buy from the "Toy Department." These aren't Ken, Barbie, Gijoe, Monster High ...or any other type of mass produced childrens' toys.

Hot Toys figures are more like statues...with clothes. Designed for display not play.

Comparing the two is like comparing a butter knife to a machete. Do they both cut? Sure. But one is designed for one purpose and the other something completely different.

90% of my hottoys are 1/6 predators and aliens . but I was lucky enough to get a full set of the 1:18 snap fit Aliens and colonial Marines plus the AVP set with the Queen

Episode two of The Hottoycast is now up boys and girls!!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...?affId=1503186

www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    I got Nick Fury last month, and absolutely fell in love, they're truly works of art, the head sculpts alone are marvelous... then you look at the clothes and can't help to think that the money you spent was absolutely worth it, right after that I ordered the rest of the avengers and I'm expecting The Dark Knight Rises Batman to come to my doorstep any day now.

I'm addicted.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    YOU AREN'T HELPING ME!!!!
    I can't afford Nick right now, I'm busy paying off TDKR Batman and Joker 2.0 I got World's end Jack Sparrow and it's RIDICULOUSLY fantastic. hopefully next year I can find Nick at a good price.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

For those who do not have iTunes: http://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The...sode%20Two.m4a
    www.eamonart.com

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I finally got a HT figure...He looks superb,Ive Never seen detail like this!

But I aint opened him yet (had him 3 months) cos we are mid Renovations and dont want him getting covered in grime and dust!

am eying off the Original Captain America.cos I prefer the outfit...but I want an unmasked head...all too hard!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 14, 2012 at 04:46am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...20811968_o.jpg

But I aint opened him yet (had him 3 months) cos we are mid Renovations and dont want him getting covered in grime and dust!

am eying off the Original Captain America.cos I prefer the outfit...but I want an unmasked head...all too hard!
    lots of ebay sellers sell off parts, you might be able to find an unmasked head there.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...20811968_o.jpg

You have taken your first step into a larger world.

Yeah, like krosfyah said try Ebay. If there is a figure out there that I want but I don't need every part I usually just get it piece meal from Ebay or Toy Anxiety. That's how I was able to get Thor, Cap and one of the big Predators from Predator for really reasonable prices. But you must be vigilant. I know the parts for the original Black Widow fetch a pretty price these days. Her head alone usually goes for over 150.00.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Got up another HT review today... Iron Man Mark I 2.0!

Pictures and a video spotlight here if you want to check him out: Hot Toys MMS 168 Iron Man Mark I 2.0 12" Figure Review

Sallah

Another Hot Toys review is up... This time it is the huge-mongous Iron Monger!

Pictures and a video spotlight here if you want to check him out: Hot Toys MMS 164 Iron Monger 1/6th Scale Figure

Sallah

Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

Heroic Warrior
    I don't own any Hot Toys figures but I can appreciate the quality and work that goes into them.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

As far as I can see, there is no working link to the First Episode. MP3 link does not work.

I just got my Cap today, can't wait to open him

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

My Cap doesn't arrive till Monday.

I'm so far behind on these. I still haven't opened up Hawkeye, Fury, or my DKR Batman.

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool.
    "These are the days of high adventure"