Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOT TOYS Figures!

I have received my Batman DKR DX last week and it is awesome. However, I think it was quite overpriced from a local distributor.
    I'm wanting to get the new Snake Eyes from "G.I.Joe: Retaliation", but the same distributor it is quoting me around $475 dollars for it...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Those are some seriously expensive dolls. The Chris Evans doll is really well sculpted, it wouldn't take much photoshop to make it the shot appear as reality.

I looked over the photos and I'm curious as to the character selection for these dolls. How many Sweeny Todd dolls can you really produce and sell? More known characters like Superman may have a large enough fan base that the dolls sell, but I can't say I know too many people lining up to thrown down $200 on dolls. Some days I feel silly having action figures at my age.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 12, 2013 at 03:56am.

I am not big on gi joe but I always liked snake eyes and i want to get him, price compared to some others isn't so bad, similarly I am not big into marvel but i want nick fury
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Episode Five of the finest high-end action figure podcast is now up gentlmen.

On this episode we have an indepth interview with Big Chief Studios providing us with a great insight into the action figure making business.
    A must listen for any collector!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...st/id571814459
    http://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The...ode%20Five.m4a

May I recommend you and everybody else wrap your sound receptors around Episode Six of The Hottoycast?!

On this weeks show we are joined by Sideshow Collectables Manager, Brant Bridges for an extensive interview and discussion on everything high-end collectables with fascinating insights into everything from the process to getting actor approvals and many a tantalizing titbit!

Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    May I recommend you and everybody else wrap your sound receptors around Episode Six of The Hottoycast?!

On this weeks show we are joined by Sideshow Collectables Manager, Brant Bridges for an extensive interview and discussion on everything high-end collectables with fascinating insights into everything from the process to getting actor approvals and many a tantalizing titbit!

http://eamonart.com/Forum%20Images/H...t-Ep6-logo.jpg
    listened to it this morning, great interview... i for some reason am guessing the guy he was talking about with the hair dresser story was Adrian Brode, i have heard he is a bit like that ...

What what what....did I hear someone mention Adrien Brody?
    I freaking love Royce!!!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Well, I got my very first Hot Toys figure. DX-07 Bespin Luke, and what a figure he is! I did a video, and would love to know what you guys think. This is my first go at a review of a figure like this.

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've resisted all of these so far, but the Anne Hathaway Catwoman was finally something I couldn't pass on (and I didn't even particularly like Dark Knight Rises!). That one just looked so frighteningly real I had to take the plunge and pre-order her.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

my Joker 2.0 should be waiting for me when I get home. thank God for the flexpay option. I wish they wouldn't use fedex though as you always get dinged for duty AND their brokerage fees.

I want to get that Snake Eyes, and likely I will want Roadblock too (not a Joe fan but I'm a fan of snake eyes, the Rock and I am also (as half assed as it may be,) trying to make a museum of black pop culture characters and action figures. Right now due to funds that's limited to sculpts I want and characters/people I am a fan of. I still have to get myself a Nick fury. Missed the opportunity when I had the funds to get him for a better price than I've recently seen.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Wicked review Dan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    listened to it this morning, great interview... i for some reason am guessing the guy he was talking about with the hair dresser story was Adrian Brode, i have heard he is a bit like that ...
    Thanks dude!!
    www.eamonart.com

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ok...So I finally opened Sweeney....Then I accidentally bought 'City Hunter' predator..then I some how bid on a Captain America....Now I seem to have acquired a 'Berserker predator'.....

...is this the slippery slope into bankruptcy???

these things are plastic Crack!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ok...So I finally opened Sweeney....Then I accidentally bought 'City Hunter' predator..then I some how bid on a Captain America....Now I seem to have acquired a 'Berserker predator'.....

...is this the slippery slope into bankruptcy???

these things are plastic Crack!!!
    Thats why i live through others with these , i don't own anything hot toys accept for some Dark Knight busts that were a graduation gift (amazing sculpt on them ) scared of what i might start if i brought one.

howerver a Dolph He-man hot toys might be my breaking point if it ever happened and i am scarred of this new GIJoe line.. if they do a bruce willis !

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I have received my Batman DKR DX last week and it is awesome. However, I think it was quite overpriced from a local distributor.
    I'm wanting to get the new Snake Eyes from "G.I.Joe: Retaliation", but the same distributor it is quoting me around $475 dollars for it...
    I'm sure a board member will help you out to get it cheaper.

Fear is faith in failure

If you are US, Fanboy Collectables is good and if you are in UK, Modelzone is where to go.
    www.eamonart.com

Got my Joker 2.0 today!!! FANTASTIC!!
    These things can be additive, I REALLY want Snake Eyes Nick Fury Bespin Luke and (headsculpt dependent) Roadblock!! I'd like to get Bane as well, but my main wants are in this order

1. Roadblock (dependent on head sculpt)
    2. Snake Eyes
    3. Bespin Luke and Nick Fury
    4. Bane
    Money dictates I can't have what I want at the moment, but I may be able to swing snake eyes, there is still time.

Are there specific times when Hot Toys releases info on release dates and such?? or is it just whenever they feel like it??

Fear is faith in failure

"the high end action figure podcast for people of discerning tastes"

bunch of guys, yaking about their new dolls. id rather listen to the ceiling fan.

Listened to the hottoycast for the first time. Good stuff, man! I really dug the interview with Big Chief.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Listened to the hottoycast for the first time. Good stuff, man! I really dug the interview with Big Chief.
    Thanks! You may want to check out Episode Six where we have an interview with Sideshow Collectables. Some really interesting stuff there.

We have many more interesting guests on the way including some from Hot Toys and Enterbay.

If folks can help spread the word too about the podcast that would be sweet!
    www.eamonart.com

Just got The Avengers Thor and Black Widow today... I love the black widow, but not too fond of the Thor... he looks amazing, detail is all there, but trying to pose him is impossible due to his outfit being too restrictive... The hammer is completely made out of metal, and the detail is just breath taking!!! Plastic Crack indeed!
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

I broke down and decided to preorder the Iron Man 3 Iron Patriot. I am sucker for USA paint schemes and the fact I can pay it off over 5 months and use my Sideshow Rewards just made it too easy

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I got some Sideshow Clone Troopers, an Iron Man bust and am planning to buy some Iron Man stuff and some Bowen statues...life is good

Well after preordering Iron Patriot I decided to finally open up my Hot Toys Avengers Captain America, hated putting the hood on but love the figure overall. Now I just need to get the SDCC Rescue version and I will have all 3!

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

You know what SUCKS about getting into hot toys late?? Wanting to fill holes. I have started scouting for the Pirates of the Caribbean Davy Jones, so far the only two I have seen is on ebay - $400 used missing the box and other pieces, $1550 from china but MIB. both too rich for my blood.

I have Joker and Batman from the nolanverse, I have Capt Jack from On Stranger Tides, I need Davy Jones to pose with Jacky boy!

Fear is faith in failure

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I just want Red Skull,Thor (avengers), Green Goblin and then Im good to wait for Pfeiffer Catwoman! (and hope like hell they do a O'Donnell Robin!)

Last edited by Staff Of Ka; April 3, 2013 at 04:26am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Thanks! You may want to check out Episode Six where we have an interview with Sideshow Collectables. Some really interesting stuff there.

We have many more interesting guests on the way including some from Hot Toys and Enterbay.

If folks can help spread the word too about the podcast that would be sweet!
    Recently watched the Sideshow behind the scenes videos on their site so that interview was a nice follow-up.

As someone who entered the 1:6 toy world by accident in the early 2000s (I had to research them for work.) and initially with some hesitation, I appreciate the action figure vs doll discussion in episode one. Long ago, I too accepted the fact that 1:6 figures are indeed "dolls" but that somehow doesn't make them any less cool or me less "manly."

Keep 'em coming, man!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app