Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HOT TOYS Figures!

Has anyone gotten any of the snap kits? Those are cool...the Aliens really got my interest.

Episode Seven The High-end action figure podcast for high-end humans is now live for all to hear. This week we discuss Bane, city hunter with a special guest review of Luke Skywalker buy first time Hot Toy owner and renowned reviewer, Pixel-Dan.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...st/id571814459

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...the_hottoycast

http://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The...de%20Seven.m4a
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Hot Toys released pics of the GI Joe Retaliation roadblock figure. I am kind of disappointed. this was the figure I was most looking fwd to but the face sculpt while very good seems kind of off, just like that tony stark figure coming out it looks very human but more like a look a like than the actual actor. I can't put my finger on it but they have done better.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...itemid%3D20446

I think it's the lower jaw, it's a bit too short maybe. I'm not going to jump on the pre-order, still have to consider it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ok, I was wondering what would everyones Top 10 'Dream Figures' from hot toys be?

Mine are -

1.Magneto from the 2nd Xmen Film
    2.Ripley from Aliens
    3.Skeletor from the film.
    4.Quint From Jaws
    5.Brody From Jaws
    6.Hooper From Jaws
    7.Macready From the Thing
    8.Jack Torrance from the Shining
    9.Pennywise from 'It'
    10.Mrs lovett from Sweeney Todd

What would you guys REALLY want to see get the HT treatment?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ok, I was wondering what would everyones Top 10 'Dream Figures' from hot toys be?

Mine are -

1.Magneto from the 2nd Xmen Film
    2.Ripley from Aliens
    3.Skeletor from the film.
    4.Quint From Jaws
    5.Brody From Jaws
    6.Hooper From Jaws
    7.Macready From the Thing
    8.Jack Torrance from the Shining
    9.Pennywise from 'It'
    10.Mrs lovett from Sweeney Todd

What would you guys REALLY want to see get the HT treatment?
    1.Frank Langella Skeletor - normal version.

2.The Rock, WWF ring attire -track suit version and trunks version, with Tattoos and alternate 'mutton chop' head

3.Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean - DX treatment

4. Mathayus - The Scorpion King, from the movie the Scorpion King

5. Wesley - Dread Pirate Roberts with alternate unmasked head from The Princess Bride

6. Inigo Montoya - The Princess Bride

7. Black Dynamite
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Hot Toys released pics of the GI Joe Retaliation roadblock figure. I am kind of disappointed. this was the figure I was most looking fwd to but the face sculpt while very good seems kind of off, just like that tony stark figure coming out it looks very human but more like a look a like than the actual actor. I can't put my finger on it but they have done better.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...itemid%3D20446

I think it's the lower jaw, it's a bit too short maybe. I'm not going to jump on the pre-order, still have to consider it.
    This was on my most wanted list after seeing the movie but Hot Toys totally failed imho on the face sculpt and the size of the upper body. The Rock is a HUGE guy up top and this is like standard action/hero body. Something is also very off with the face, not sure if its the jaw or the point at the top of his head but its off.

And I am not just being nitpicky, my wife even said this was a disappointment.

A quick look on FB and I am not the only one, there is on thread with about 1200 comments all echoing the same concerns
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yeah, Roadblock looks way off.

In awesome news - I got my Hot Toys Avengers Thor today! I wasn't going to get him because he looks so close to the Thor movie one I have, but I won it in a contest from Sideshow. I'm glad I did! Although I like the helmet on the old one, the face sculpt and hair is much better on the new one. The body looks a big bulkier too.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    This was on my most wanted list after seeing the movie but Hot Toys totally failed imho on the face sculpt and the size of the upper body. The Rock is a HUGE guy up top and this is like standard action/hero body. Something is also very off with the face, not sure if its the jaw or the point at the top of his head but its off.

And I am not just being nitpicky, my wife even said this was a disappointment.

A quick look on FB and I am not the only one, there is on thread with about 1200 comments all echoing the same concerns
    I've been looking at the close up and it bugs me a lot more. the biggest reason is it feels like they got so close only to mess up so bad. obviously (and easily fixed) the body is WAY too tiny. but they have more muscular bucks already with terminator and predator toys, so it's a pretty easy fix. but the head sculpt. they got detailing so good but the likeness missing the mark both by just a little and by a huge margin. the errors in the face sculpt throw this off so bad. it's like the lottery draw is 1,3,5,7,9,11 but you wanted 2,4,6,8,10,12 you missed EVERYTHING by only one number but it makes a HUGE difference. a few issues it looks like the jaw and chin are too short and his face is too round, it's so slightly wrong it's hard to put your finger on WHY it's wrong but you can just SEE that it IS wrong
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 23, 2013 at 09:05am.

Fear is faith in failure

it's so slightly wrong it's hard to put your finger on WHY it's wrong but you can just SEE that it IS wrong
    Yup that is probably the best way to sum it up, hopefully they either redo it or fix it. The normal sized body I could at least live with but for almost $300 the head sculpt has to be spot on and since they can do it with other characters amazingly they should be able to do something more simple like the Rock.

Even just making the shape of the head more like a pineapple than a basketball I think would fix a lot of the problem, someone did just that and moved the face sculpt onto the more oblong head

Just do that and put him on a bigger body frame and you have my money
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yup that is probably the best way to sum it up, hopefully they either redo it or fix it. The normal sized body I could at least live with but for almost $300 the head sculpt has to be spot on and since they can do it with other characters amazingly they should be able to do something more simple like the Rock.

Even just making the shape of the head more like a pineapple than a basketball I think would fix a lot of the problem, someone did just that and moved the face sculpt onto the more oblong head

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...41444625_n.jpg

Just do that and put him on a bigger body frame and you have my money
    holy crap! lol what a huge difference!! I still want the bigger buck too but wow that guy proved most of my points!! I FEEL VALIDATED!!

The only thing is in GI Joe Retalition he is as dark as the hot toys sculpt. at least in the desert he is.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 23, 2013 at 02:38pm.

Fear is faith in failure

That does look better. Hopefully Hot Toys will correct it, as they are good about doing that if enough people complain, especially.

Wrap your sound receptors around episode eight folks!
    Hot Toys Avengers, Thor, Black Widow and Loki along with 3A Halo and Tomashii Nations C3PO.
    All accompanied by some well informed chat!

It is up now on iTunes:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...st/id571814459
    Website containing all podcasts:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...the_hottoycast
    Direct link:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...de%20Eight.m4a

Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Hey, Hot Toy's Roadblock looks better than the 12" figure Hasbro's trying to sell to us.
    I have one Hot Toys figure.
    DSC00779.JPG
    I wrote a review for him
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...astro-boy.html

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    The thriller Micheal Jackson that is coming out looks amazing.
    Yes it does
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Amazing. And probably WAY out of my price range with all the other Hot Toys stuff I have on order:

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Amazing. And probably WAY out of my price range with all the other Hot Toys stuff I have on order:
    I can skip the chair but that Robocop is way too beautiful. Even worse for my wallet, Hot Toys shall be releasing ED-209 as well... I would have to sell pretty much all MOTUC's in order to get both
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I know he's kind of old news by now but does anyone else absolutely love the Christopher Reeve Superman?
    hot-toys-Superman-3.jpg
    This may be the only one I'm willing to shell out that kind of money for. I mean, it's my childhood in plastic form. How can I NOT want this? XD

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    I know he's kind of old news by now but does anyone else absolutely love the Christopher Reeve Superman?
    This may be the only one I'm willing to shell out that kind of money for. I mean, it's my childhood in plastic form. How can I NOT want this? XD
    I agree 100% with you. If there's only 1 Hot Toys figure that you'd like to won, is this. Dark Knight Batman, Keaton's Batman, Nicholson Joker, Robocop are great figures, but none of those has the emotional Christopher Reeves Superman value if such thing can be measured.
    It is quite strange that Hot Toys did not make more orginal Superman movies figures such as Luthor, Zod & Ursa since they acquired the license from those films.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    hot-toys-Superman-3.jpg
    He's the best Superman figure ever made.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Thanks to Sideshow's Flexpay I was able to get the SDCC Captain America I thought I would never get

hot-toys-Superman-3.jpg
    I got him not that long ago, and he is indeed a truly amazing figure.

I have a few Hottoys predators they stack pretty well next to the Sideshow Joes. I must admit I really like the Retaliation stuff they're doing . my dream list would be

1. Dredd (urban movie style)
    2. predator 2 preds (in the 4" snap kit line if they were to resurrect it )
    3.gears of war 12" (no reason they couldn't pull off that they did resident evil stuff in the past)
    4. Metal gear figures (from all games)
    5 Resident evil Nemesis in 12" (or complete figures from the other games like a messed up William birken !)

Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    I have a few Hottoys predators they stack pretty well next to the Sideshow Joes. I must admit I really like the Retaliation stuff they're doing . my dream list would be

1. Dredd (urban movie style)
    2. predator 2 preds (in the 4" snap kit line if they were to resurrect it )
    3.gears of war 12" (no reason they couldn't pull off that they did resident evil stuff in the past)
    4. Metal gear figures (from all games)
    5 Resident evil Nemesis in 12" (or complete figures from the other games like a messed up William birken !)
    I would kill for a Dredd done in the movie style

Stallone as Barney from the expendables images came out, looks good but the eyes seem strange. Sucks that they gave him his fake movie tattos but thus far The Rock/Roadblock doesn't have his. REALLY PEOPLE?!?!?

Fear is faith in failure

Stallone as Barney from the expendables images came out, looks good but the eyes seem strange. Sucks that they gave him his fake movie tattos but thus far The Rock/Roadblock doesn't have his. REALLY PEOPLE?!?!?
    The lack of tattoos on the Rock Hot Toy is the LEAST of his problems