Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Plundor Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Beast-Man buck, Keldor/PG boots, Tri-Klops armor, paint the whole thing pink and toss on a new head. Bam. For whatever reason, I've been thinking he'd make a very cool member of the Horde. Not sure how that idea popped into my head, but I'm running with it.

a lot of people keep saying tri-klops armor. personally, i really hope they do the character justice and try to approximate the outfit from the cartoon as much as possible- with maybe just a slight bit of extra detailing. this goes for his boots as well. let's do plundor right!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Add me to the list of people who really want Plundor.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Beast-Man buck, Keldor/PG boots, Tri-Klops armor, paint the whole thing pink and toss on a new head. Bam.
    Add Stinkor forearms (assembled CORRECTLY) and that's how I envision him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    a lot of people keep saying tri-klops armor. personally, i really hope they do the character justice and try to approximate the outfit from the cartoon as much as possible- with maybe just a slight bit of extra detailing. this goes for his boots as well. let's do plundor right!
    I think it's because Filmation took toy designs and simplified them (He-Man's belt and bracelets) and in some cases took two different characters with the same toy design and slightly differentiated them (Teela and Evil Lynn). On that basis, it is very reasonable to assume that had Plundor actually been made as a toy in the 80's he would have had Tri-Klop's armor.

Plus, recreating a Filmation design 100% in Classics makes the figure look a little plain. Take Eternos Palace King Randor for instance. Many people thought his belt looked too plain but it matched exactly what was in the cartoon. If he had the standard He-Man belt (Just belt. I'm not suggesting the furry undershorts) then he would have blended in with the other MOTUC figures much better.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Not a fan of this Character. Never cared for thr easter egg robot knights. To me Plundor is a rip off of Skeletor in that one episode. I'm sure he will be made sind he is mostly a reuse of parts, but again I'm not a fan of this character.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Add me to the list of people who really want Plundor.

Add Stinkor forearms (assembled CORRECTLY) and that's how I envision him as well.

I think it's because Filmation took toy designs and simplified them (He-Man's belt and bracelets) and in some cases took two different characters with the same toy design and slightly differentiated them (Teela and Evil Lynn). On that basis, it is very reasonable to assume that had Plundor actually been made as a toy in the 80's he would have had Tri-Klop's armor.

Plus, recreating a Filmation design 100% in Classics makes the figure look a little plain. Take Eternos Palace King Randor for instance. Many people thought his belt looked too plain but it matched exactly what was in the cartoon. If he had the standard He-Man belt (Just belt. I'm not suggesting the furry undershorts) then he would have blended in with the other MOTUC figures much better.
    you make some good points. however, in terms of forearms, i think they should go with zodak. in fact, now that i'm looking at him i think his boots would work for plundor as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Not a fan of this Character. Never cared for thr easter egg robot knights. To me Plundor is a rip off of Skeletor in that one episode. I'm sure he will be made sind he is mostly a reuse of parts, but again I'm not a fan of this character.
    if by "rip-off" you mean create a character that is very different, then, yeah i guess. if it's because he uses robot guards- well, robots were in high demand as fodder for he-man because they were the only enemies he was allowed to destroy. in any case, thanks for your support by bumping this thread.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS

You're right about Zodak, the gloves are a nearly perfect match. I think the Tri-Klops armor would be acceptable though. I want Plundor to be so amazing that even those that hate the character fall in love with the figure! We know it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I love rip offs. The MOTU line is filled with them. Like Faker for instance. Faker is a rip off of He-Man with Skeletor armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    however, in terms of forearms, i think they should go with zodak.
    The only reason I suggested Stinkor's forearms is because they are sculpted with furry upper forearms to match the furry Beastman biceps whereas the Zodak gloves have smooth upper forearms which would clash with the furry biceps. I do agree that the Zodak gloves look better for the character than the Stinkor gloves. But my choice was based on the texture of the forearms. On a side note, I would have preferred Stinkor's forearms to have been sculpted with Zodak style gloves in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I want Plundor to be so amazing that even those that hate the character fall in love with the figure! We know it's possible.
    I hope for this as well.
    Last edited by FAKER II; March 9, 2013 at 11:17am.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

The only reason I suggested Stinkor's forearms is because they are sculpted with furry upper forearms to match the furry Beastman biceps whereas the Zodak gloves have smooth upper forearms which would clash with the furry biceps. I do agree that the Zodak gloves look better for the character than the Stinkor gloves. But my choice was based on the texture of the forearms. On a side note, I would have preferred Stinkor's forearms to have been sculpted with Zodak style gloves in the first place.
    I agree with you as well! Maybe they could swap the gloves and use the furry arms. That really would be Ideal.

No Tri-Klops armour!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    You're right about Zodak, the gloves are a nearly perfect match. I think the Tri-Klops armor would be acceptable though. I want Plundor to be so amazing that even those that hate the character fall in love with the figure! We know it's possible.
    completely agree, though not to the degree of turning the character into something he's not. i don't worry about that too much though. the 4H have been pretty good about finding a balance between re-using parts and staying true true to the characters roots- no matter what medium they got their start in.

- - - Updated - - -

you're right, you're right...well, i won't mind either way...i have no doubts that he'll still rock when all is said and done.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS

I would love plundor with some good 4HM design and then there also should be a great Gleadal to oppose thy plundering plundor!

There are 5 possible characters to be made from the Quest for He-Man episode:

-Plundor
    -Bunny Eggbots (army builder)
    -Gleedal
    -Gleedal's Cat
    -Schminivits (army builder)

Some questions:

-Should Plundor come with one of his eggbots just like Shokoti includes one of her darklings?
    -Should he be in a pack with Gleedal?

Some thoughts:

-Plundor requires relatively little new tooling (could be done with essentially just a new head), so new tooling could be used for his eggbots.

-Gleedal requires relatively little new tooling too (new head and feet, and possibly new forearms and thighs), and her cat could be a repainted Cringer with just a new head, so new tooling could be used for the schminivits.

-Plundor+Eggbot would be similar to Orko+PrinceAdam, and Gleedal+cat+schminivit similar to Marlena+Glenn+Cringer, so a convention-exclusive (or some such) Plundor+Gleedal pack could include all 5 characters for something like $60 (the price of a "double" Ram Man-sized release).

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Weird....in some of those pics, PLUNDOR has three fingers, and in others, he has four.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I cant help to wonder what plundor and Gleadal would have looked like if ever they were done in 200X style? plunder and eggbot pack Gleadal and Schmidt pack. or just the two in a pack but i prefer them to be seperate as i display them by factions. I feel the could be great adds for the line.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Not a fan of Plundor. I understand that many fans want him and I wouldn't mind having him in MOTUC at some point. Still there are many other Filmation characters I hope we get before him (Scorpia, Lizard Man, Madame Razz, Strongarm, Granita, Sea Hawk, Huntara...)
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I just understood why he's so important and he went straight in my wishlist!
    I want the evil spoiler!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Snappy Threader
    I think all of those characters would be cool. I'm a huge Plundor fan....

Quote Originally Posted by michaelAschamp View Post
    I cant help to wonder what plundor and Gleadal would have looked like if ever they were done in 200X style?
    Something like this?

I do wonder how they would have tackled the eggbots and the schminivits.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He makes very excellent points.......hope TG is listening!

With all these topics coming up about how much "everyone" dislikes Plundor and how Plundor is at best a D-list character, I'd like to go on record and say i'm not "everyone". I think Plundor's an awesome character I hope we are getting him soon. Thank you.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    With all these topics coming up about how much "everyone" dislikes Plundor and how Plundor is at best a D-list character, I'd like to go on record and say i'm not "everyone". I think Plundor's an awesome character I hope we are getting him soon. Thank you.
    Sadly not everyone understood Plundor but in the poll section I see only Nepthu dislikers...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Plundor is not a character I am really anxious to get. But, for those that want him, that's cool. There are characters I want that I know other people dislike. I'm sad that I probably won't get them though.

Well it is super rare that i show any support for any figure but Mermista.
    I think only Octavia and now that we got her...
    My #1 is Mermista.
    If she were to be revealed at SDCC it would then be Plundor!
    I think i love thus guy for the reasons why so many don't like him!
    He is out of place he is strange and thats so great in such an odd...OMGosh i have an evil pink motuc rabbit figure!
    MUST OWN!
    I don't want him to be too freakish or evil looking. I think that completely changes his uniqueness!
    His not being what he appears to be!
    I LOVE that about him.
    He-Man looks good.
    Skelator looks evil.
    She-Ra looks good.
    Hordak looks evil.
    Plundor looks like he should be good...that is UNIQUE in MOTU.
    He breaks the mold!

- - - Updated - - -

Well it is super rare that i show any support for any figure but Mermista.
    I think only Octavia and now that we got her...
    My #1 is Mermista.
    If she were to be revealed at SDCC it would then be Plundor!
    I think i love thus guy for the reasons why so many don't like him!
    He is out of place he is strange and thats so great in such an odd...OMGosh i have an evil pink motuc rabbit figure!
    MUST OWN!
    I don't want him to be too freakish or evil looking. I think that completely changes his uniqueness!
    His not being what he appears to be!
    I LOVE that about him.
    He-Man looks good.
    Skelator looks evil.
    She-Ra looks good.
    Hordak looks evil.
    Plundor looks like he should be good...that is UNIQUE in MOTU.
    He breaks the mold!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I used to hate this guy because he's such a cheesy, lazy design, but I've come to accept that we're probably going to get him based on recent rumours, and I have faith that the 4H can actually rescue him from utter lameness. I just hope the head doesn't wind up too goofy looking, without also straying too far from the Filmation look.