Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 477

Thread: Plundor Discussion Thread

  1. #301
    Heroic Warrior snakeeyes0217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,562
    I loathe this figure. 1) The character is too silly for a savage sword and sorcery world. 2) The colors are garish. (pink and maroon?) 3) The head is too small for the body again.

    Because he is part of the main sub, I imagine there will be an abundance of these pink monstrosities for sale at prices below cost akin to Karatii.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  2. #302
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Wait, Plundor never actually fought He-Man? He just rolled over and gave up?
    To be fair, almost every Filmation villain did. Even Skeletor at times. Once they saw how outmatched they were, most of the baddies simply ran away.

  3. #303
    -World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snake Mountain MI
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    and I love Goat Man...and I'm ecstatic we're getting characters we love and have waited a long time for!
    YES! Slow motion high five while jumping in 3.....2.....1..... (sorry I think Im still drunk)
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

  4. #304
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    2) The colors are garish. (pink and marion?)
    Pink? He's very clearly of a purplish/lilac tone, not girly pink. And the color combination with orange and maroon doesn't clash at all. The colors on the figure and gun harmonize very well, and only the blue axe stands out somewhat (but this weapon is really meant for Skeletor).

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    3) The head us too small for the body again.
    Yeah, whatever. You may loathe the character, but the fact is the 4H rendition of him is flawless.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  5. #305
    Widget
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Plundor's episode never did anything for me. However, the dark pinkish-purple and sculpt on the ears really make him pop. I'm really looking forward to adding him to the collection and make him a serious threat in my cannon

  6. #306
    Heroic Warrior Nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    201
    Even as a child I despised this character. Felt like he was just something that was randomly made up by Filmation as a filler episode when they were still finding their footing prior to hitting their stride with more impressive, better thought out characters. That said, my 4 year old son finds him hilarious and since then I donít mind him so much either, however he was an obvious fit for the Filmation sub so it baffles me why heís been included in the Club Eternia subscription instead. All that being said, Iím not hating at all! In fact the opposite is true because heís probably one of my favourite reveals! I feel ridiculous for saying that but I adore this figure. Itís just a beautifully sculpted toy and such a clever update to his original cartoonish look. Plus there really is a sense of malevolence which makes him look quite threatening, despite just being a giant purple bunny. The Four Horsemen are godlike geniuses in my opinion because Iím stupidly excited. I canít stop smiling when I look at it. The inclusion of Skeletorís axe is great too because Iíve always wanted one of those.

  7. #307
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,258
    I've never been fussed about a figure of Plundor but he is from one of my favourite episodes and one I remember most from my childhood.

    Is it just me or is his head a little small?
    Think he may have been better off in the Filmation sub.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  8. #308
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Because he is part of the main sub, I imagine there will be an abundance of these pink monstrosities for sale at prices below cost akin to Karatii.
    I will buy sooo many $10 Plundors!

  9. #309
    Completely Serious. Bri-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you...
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Actually i am not a hater, my point is this:
    In a recent org poll Plundor is wanted by 52%, so let's say it is not so wanted.
    And in a previous poll
    Strongarm, Masque, Scorpia, Imp, Robot Knights, Vultak, Lizzard man, Madame Razz, Hunga, and Granita got more votes than Plundor.
    So that makes him a characer that is not so welcome for everybody. It is the perfect candidate for the Filmation Sub instead of the main sub. Because that is why the Filmation sub was made for, so they could use slots of the main sub for highly requested characters.
    Don’t get me wrong…I’m not saying that you specifically are a hater…just that there are haters out there, and the last thing they would want is plundor in the main sub. My larger point, which we agree on, is that plundor should have been in the filmation sub.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    You might need to update your signature since 2 are coming yay. So excited!
    Oh, I’ll update my sig…when I’m clutching those figures in my claws!

    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Yep! You guessed it, she's not high on my list but she has a great design and her figure will probably be kickass.
    Yeah, I really want her at some point. Though my backstory for her is that she’s the daughter of skeletor and evil-lyn, who renounces them, choosing to do good. Because of this, she is eventually given what her parents tried to steal- the secrets of grayskull, succeeding teela as sorceress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    So I'm watching his episode for the first time...
    ...that voice... oh, that voice... O_o
    Wait, Plundor never actually fought He-Man? He just rolled over and gave up?
    Voiced by none other than the voice behind he-man, john Erwin, himself. And plundor is more of a schemer than a fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I'm not convinced with the accessories he will come with, though. He should have come with money and a lifeforce liquid flask, or with one of his "rabbots". Those would have been his "proper" accessories.
    Totally agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    I do like the character and think he fits in the MOTUC line. Love his new parts but something about his head/face sculpt looks off. The head should be a little bigger and poofier.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Is it just me or is his head a little small?
    His head looked better to me in the video when toyguru was holding him up. I think a lot of the pics are taken at weird upward angles.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

  10. #310
    Heroic Warrior GRANAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Posts
    193
    I love Plundor! I subbed to Filmation thinking surely he'd be a part of it but, oh well. If so many people truly dislike him I may have to army build him.
    I can't believe so many people don't like him, I can only assume that the more vocal fans have bland taste.

  11. #311
    Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I don't think, it will be a problem to get him. Many Fans will sell him...
    THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS a thousand times this. Mo-larr now has a companion on the uninvited shelf of fail. Lord Dactys soothes the hurt a little bit, but this is a quite embarrassing addition to the line. I predict A good number of credit card snafus for DEC. God knows I will be looking to dodge the monthly obligation because of this PINK BUNNY. Please read that again. PINK BUNNY.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

    My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

  12. #312
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,930
    I am NOT at all happy about Plundor, and especially that he is being released in the standard sub. I bought FOUR of those.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  13. #313
    Heroic Warrior rankinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    748
    I really like him, he's like the nestle quick bunny gone horribly wrong.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  14. #314
    Completely Serious. Bri-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you...
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    I love Plundor! I subbed to Filmation thinking surely he'd be a part of it but, oh well. If so many people truly dislike him I may have to army build him.
    I can't believe so many people don't like him, I can only assume that the more vocal fans have bland taste.
    I think some people have a very specific idea of what MOTU is supposed to be, and it more or less comes down to what you’re nostalgic for. I grew up with the filmation series before really getting to see the original artwork and comics.

    That combined with the fact that my tastes give me a fondness for characters that defy traditional masculine norms or expectations and my general love of absurdity, contributes to my love of plundor. But hey, I think plundor fans should take pride in their peculiarity.


    Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    God knows I will be looking to dodge the monthly obligation because of this PINK BUNNY. Please read that again. PINK BUNNY.
    you say "PINK BUNNY" like it's a bad thing...now, why is that?
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

  15. #315
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    Posts
    599
    They just announced no DOS for this silly rabbit, i think his stock just went through the roof...hold on to ur eggs, he might be good trade bait.
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

  16. #316
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,878
    I'm on the first page of this thread bashing on Plundor, but I will say: congrats Plundor fans! Glad you are getting what you want. This figure turned out very well -- the extra detail adds a lot to the design.

  17. #317
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Is it just me or is his head a little small?
    Think he may have been better off in the Filmation sub.
    No, it's not just you. It does appear to be noticeably undersized.

  18. #318
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,520
    All I can say is....I would have preferred Negator to Plundor....I'm at this moment not overly enthused about his appearance....I had hoped they would have made him more sinister....and they could have done so, and still kept the Filmation vibe and appearance of him....

    I can see Lou though....sitting there 30 years ago....

    I'm going to make a damn pink ass rabbit dude, and someday, it may take 30 years, but his ass will be a figure, and I want people to be like Hell No, I don't want him, but someone at Mattel will be like Oh yes, I love that Pink Bunny, I'm tossing him in this line no matter what the fans think....

    Lou knew what he was doing....sadly, he couldn't see Filmation going out of business....But at least he was right about Plundor!

    Seriously though, there's a plethora of other characters I would have loved to see over Pink Fluff here....He's coming, I'll take him, but I think he'll join the other few MOSC figures hanging on the wall, instead of the ones on the shelf.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  19. #319
    Crazy mad MattHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Posts
    24
    Since there appears to be so much backlash from those of you who subbed, and just now hearing he will not have any day of stock...PM me....I'm very interested in acquiring this figure. Thanks! Was not able to sub this year, would be disappointed if I missed him.

  20. #320
    Claw Full Of It Clawful Ofit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    847
    No DOS? Well that will ease the sting for those not wanting him.

    That said, I gotta admit the debate over this guy is just making him so dam appealing I can't stand it. I totally get both sides, and that makes Plundor my break out star of 2013. Not because I want him, or because he's best of the year, it's the fans. Both sides. The controversy. The supporters, the haters. The goofiness. The random, off the wall, obscure, evil, yellow eyed, polluting, pink bunny man & the reaction that followed. I'll never look at him the same as I did before his reveal. He is now awesome because of who he's become, not what he is. I love this guy, and yet, I hate this guy, which makes me love him even more.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

  21. #321
    Heroic Subscriber He-Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I only want his axe... not interested in this character...
    I was wondering if anyone else was happy to be getting Skeletor's Filmation axe.

  22. #322
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,335
    I'm so happy we're getting Plundor. Only thing that sucks is wondering when will we ever get Gleedal.

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I loathe this figure. 1) The character is too silly for a savage sword and sorcery world. 2) The colors are garish. (pink and maroon?) 3) The head is too small for the body again.
    Enough about Orko! This is the Plundor thread.

  23. #323
    Completely Serious. Bri-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you...
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    All I can say is....I would have preferred Negator to Plundor....I'm at this moment not overly enthused about his appearance....I had hoped they would have made him more sinister....and they could have done so, and still kept the Filmation vibe and appearance of him....

    I can see Lou though....sitting there 30 years ago....

    I'm going to make a damn pink ass rabbit dude, and someday, it may take 30 years, but his ass will be a figure, and I want people to be like Hell No, I don't want him, but someone at Mattel will be like Oh yes, I love that Pink Bunny, I'm tossing him in this line no matter what the fans think....

    Lou knew what he was doing....sadly, he couldn't see Filmation going out of business....But at least he was right about Plundor!

    Seriously though, there's a plethora of other characters I would have loved to see over Pink Fluff here....He's coming, I'll take him, but I think he'll join the other few MOSC figures hanging on the wall, instead of the ones on the shelf.
    lol...i believe plundor was created by paul dini, of batman:the animated series fame. but according to james eatock, dini imagined a more "twisted fairy tale" feel for plundor and the world of trannis. that said, even with the way he turned out, i can still picture him in a much darker context than he was portrayed in the cartoon. sort of an ironic menace- a clown in a purple suit, a chucky doll, or a stay puft marshmallow man doesn't seem threatening on the surface...but what they do can be quite horrible.

    i could very much see plundor being the joker of the he-man universe. a foppish schemer, that isn't a physical threat to the hero, and looks completely garish, but is in fact a monster with zero empathy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    No DOS? Well that will ease the sting for those not wanting him.

    That said, I gotta admit the debate over this guy is just making him so dam appealing I can't stand it. I totally get both sides, and that makes Plundor my break out star of 2013. Not because I want him, or because he's best of the year, it's the fans. Both sides. The controversy. The supporters, the haters. The goofiness. The random, off the wall, obscure, evil, yellow eyed, polluting, pink bunny man & the reaction that followed. I'll never look at him the same as I did before his reveal. He is now awesome because of who he's become, not what he is. I love this guy, and yet, I hate this guy, which makes me love him even more.
    well said, and i think you've outlined the beauty of divisive characters like plundor. i think it will be worth having him just for the conversations alone!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

  24. #324
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else was happy to be getting Skeletor's Filmation axe.
    I am, I just wish they'd do the damn Filmation Power Sword already....Pack that ***** in with someone....damn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    No DOS? Well that will ease the sting for those not wanting him.
    Who said Plundor wasn't getting DOS? They should have done it for Foe Men, Karatti and NAHM instead of Fang Man & Clamp Champ....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  25. #325
    Claw Full Of It Clawful Ofit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    847
    I didn't see an official announcement about DOS, just going off this-


    Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    They just announced no DOS for this silly rabbit, i think his stock just went through the roof...hold on to ur eggs, he might be good trade bait.
    Kinda surprised they didn't announce it earlier, but I figured it would have been Nepthu.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •