Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Plundor Discussion Thread

Still psyched for this figure now I've actually seen him. He looks goofier than I'd like, but has that 'straight from the cartoon' look I sort of expected.
    Maybe ill take an unwanted second one off an Orger to customise up?

Happy to finally be getting Plundor but December seems so far away.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I'm so happy we're getting Plundor. Only thing that sucks is wondering when will we ever get Gleedal.
    Gleedal's story is done but if MOTU stories ever returned to more lighthearted all age story telling then when used sparingly Plundor could the next Baxter Stockmen! After breaking out of prison I could see him becoming an intergalactic motivational speaker only in order to fund his revenge schemes against He-Man! once he realizes what keeps Avion afloat, Stratos won't have any free time due to his new arch nemesis!

But if Plundar loves rare eggs, wait until he finds out about the Meteorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    on a related note: i'm really curious how his bio will turn out. will it just be some back story followed by a rundown of his shenanigans in "quest for he-man", or will they try to tie him into the larger struggle and storyline?
    I don't see him as the joining type. However I see him picking up some Z list henchmen on the cheep and enhancing them with experimental technology. He probably does product testing, but is smart enough to kind someone stupid enough to do the work for him
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; July 21, 2013 at 07:35pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    From Ralph's old man from "A Christmas Story: "He looks like a deranged Easter bunny".

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Plundor strikes me as a character in a similar vein as Mojo from Marvel. He's absurd and over-the-top, doesn't entirely feel like he belongs in the "universe", but as an entirely self-serving and merciless creep he's a true danger when he crosses your path.

The figure looks great, and December needs to hurry itself over here. I do wish it was the Filmation sub character though. I imagine the non-filmation people would have been happier with Someone like Seahawk or Strongarm than Plundor.

Honestly, the more I see him, the more I'm sold on him based on the 4h's work. He's very well done. There aren't a lot of figures this fall that I really want or care about, but I think I want a Plundor. (did I just say that? )

Im so glad that Plundor was put in the regular sub vs the Filmation Sub lol! I agree with SCB Well played Scott!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Why was this figure in a regular monthly sub spot & not in the filmation or outside the sub?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Forget Snake Mountain and Skeletor's Robot thingees....I want *THESE*....
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

LOVE

a great image of my lord and master...
    make sure to view at highest resolution for MAXIMUM SPOILAGE!!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Strongarm, Masque, Scorpia, Imp, Robot Knights, Vultak, Lizzard man, Madame Razz, Hunga, and Granita got more votes than Plundor.

So that makes him a characer that is not so welcome for everybody. It is the perfect candidate for the Filmation Sub instead of the main sub. Because that is why the Filmation sub was made for, so they could use slots of the main sub for highly requested characters.
    Yep. Even if Plundor got some sort of loud response at his reveal, he has just as many that don't like him. Eternos Palace King Randor received a loud response at his debut, but ultimately proved to be a figure just as many collectors weren't impressed. Many including myself would have preferred an MYP King Randor.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Putting him in Club Eternia over Filmation? Well played Scott. Well Played
    Yes, it's kind of a slap in the face of Filmation ONLY subscribers who probably signed up to get this guy, as well as to Club Eternia subscribers who didn't think such Filmation ONLY niche character would take a monthly slot, especially considering we received 2 Filmation characters(Fang Man and Octavia) in 2013 and only 1 upcoming MYP character.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I loathe this figure. 1) The character is too silly for a savage sword and sorcery world. 2) The colors are garish. (pink and maroon?) 3) The head is too small for the body again.

Because he is part of the main sub, I imagine there will be an abundance of these pink monstrosities for sale at prices below cost akin to Karatii.
    Yeah, and for NA fans, Karatti was a highly demanded figure. Yet, those of us who have tried to get rid of him, damn near have to give him away at half price. There will be a HEAVY abundance of Plundor figures for sale, including mine. I would rather have had Nepthu instead of this travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by LegionCub View Post
    Plundor's episode never did anything for me. However, the dark pinkish-purple and sculpt on the ears really make him pop. I'm really looking forward to adding him to the collection and make him a serious threat in my cannon
    I honestly think that whole episode was a mockery of MOTU and the fans. The spitting fish that jumps out of the water and proceeds to hop off screen and the ridiculous Looney Tunes style alarm bells come to mind.

Attachment 86257Attachment 86258

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    I can't believe so many people don't like him, I can only assume that the more vocal fans have bland taste.
    Or, those fans you refer to could be of the opinion that Plundor fans like yourself have bad taste, but let's not go there. Although Filmation designs in general are more simplistic, I do like some of the 2013 Filmation figures like Octavia, Strong Arm, and even Nepthu.

Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    Mo-larr now has a companion on the uninvited shelf of fail. Lord Dactys soothes the hurt a little bit, but this is a quite embarrassing addition to the line. I predict A good number of credit card snafus for DEC. God knows I will be looking to dodge the monthly obligation because of this PINK BUNNY. Please read that again. PINK BUNNY.
    Can you imagine IF they ever decided to use Plundor for any future MOTU media like a new movie? He would single-handedly end the franchise.

That said, I'm "hoping" for one of those CC snafus in December to avoid paying for this MOTU mockery.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I am NOT at all happy about Plundor, and especially that he is being released in the standard sub. I bought FOUR of those.
    We should start a support group!

Club Eternia subscribers should have received a very popular character like Sea Hawk instead of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    They just announced no DOS for this silly rabbit, i think his stock just went through the roof...hold on to ur eggs, he might be good trade bait.
    The FIRST good thing I heard about the inclusion of Plundor in Club Eternia! Maybe I can trade him for a Strong Arm or Sea Hawk, you know, highly demanded figures from the MOTU majority.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; July 22, 2013 at 05:13am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I wonder if his Package will name hima s just Plundor or Plundor The Spoiler!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Lol. I like him more every time I look at him (and I look at comic con toy reveal pics a lot)! Being MOTU action figure fans, something we hardly notice anymore is how ridiculously buff these guys are. Lol. This musclebound pink rabbit is a work of art and will definitely be a conversation piece for any layman that looks at your displayed collection.

Heroic Warrior
    Plundor is an action figure that pretty much rips the fan community in two. About 50% like him, and the remaining 50% don't. Putting him in the sub and guaranteeing he'll have DOS stock seems to be pushing him, when characters such as Fang Man or Clamp Champ didn't get any DOS.

Figures that get no DOS tend to be more expensive too. It was the case with Clamp Champ. I wonder if TG's plan is to make some of the remaining 80's characters no DOS figures, artificially raising their value on the secondary market and making it harder (or at least more expensive) for the fans to get them, while pushing less requested figures such as Nepthu and Plundor, for instance...

I didn't want Plundor, though I am sure there are several that are happy to be getting him. I am very surprised he is Club Eternia and not in the Club Filmation though. The good thing, is my child wants him, once I showed it to him, so it will be an extra present for him in December.

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone else thinks, the axe will be as gummy as the black webstor blaster? On the pics, it`s bended... And the orb looks off with that long piece.

Heroic Warrior
    I like plundor, but i think he should've been CF not CE, i feel for those who subbed up with multi subs to support the line, only to get stuck at the end of the yr with a character that will be hard to sell. I have 2 of each sub, so it wouldn't have mattered on my end. These are the types of moves that really burn subbers and turn ppl off from supporting the line.
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Anyone else thinks, the axe will be as gummy as the black webstor blaster? On the pics, it`s bended... And the orb looks off with that long piece.
    Yeah, i'd say you're right. Accessories are made in the same mold, and since that gun is always rubbery (probably to save it from the risk of breaking the barrel) then we'll probably get a bit of a rubbery axe, though how rubbery remains to be seen.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Of the panel reveals Plundor comes in at my #2 spot behind Glimmer. He's such a campy, random character that I love it. Taking in the figures revealed in the display case before the panel he comes in behind Sea Hawk and the Sky Sled (not Sky High though).
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I agree the ax looks a little off, however I think they were going for the ability to do the 2 handed pose holding it above Skelly's head. I bet to get that it had to be longer. Might look better with both hands on it. At least thats what I'm hoping. Also, yes I think both will be gummy too.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Yes, it's kind of a slap in the face of Filmation ONLY subscribers who probably signed up to get this guy, as well as to Club Eternia subscribers who didn't think such Filmation ONLY niche character would take a monthly slot, especially considering we received 2 Filmation characters(Fang Man and Octavia) in 2013 and only 1 upcoming MYP character.
    I'm a Filmation only subscriber and glad its Strong-Arm instead of Plundor as part of the sub, especially since Nepthu is part of the sub. I don't dislike Plundor like Nepthu, though.

This ---^ Some may call him goofy, but no more so than any other more 'out there' MOTU concept. Plus he's an evil bunny who makes life pretty sucky for our favorite heroes, so he's no sissy.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    This ---^ Some may call him goofy, but no more so than any other more 'out there' MOTU concept. Plus he's an evil bunny who makes life pretty sucky for our favorite heroes, so he's no sissy.
    Agreed. I'm pretty happy to see him made into a figure. One of the great things that this line has done -- in addition to updating most of the favorites from the vintage line -- is to bring action figures of characters that were previously not made into toys to this line. Anytime I see that happen, I get pretty excited.

I couldn't be happier with this one. The team knocked it out of the park. He looks so gleefully evil...I love it.