Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Plundor Discussion Thread

Long live Plundor!!! I for one wanted this glorious, pink, furry ******* back in the eighties. Anyone who doesn't want their Plundor can come sit by me. Let's make a deal!

Not subscribing over a couple figures you don't want being shoved down your throat isn't logical. If you can afford it you should subscribe. By the time you find the figures you do want on eBay and pay $10-15 in shipping you'll find it all comes out in the wash. I bet there are a bunch of folks who would jump at the chance to pay you $35-40 for the ones you don't want. And that way you'd have your subscription but still be able to unload the crap you don't want.

Sounds like alot of people have the "my way or the highway" mentality. I think you need a time-out in the corner.

I think it's cool that Plundor is a fig, I just wish he fit more into the classics style. He doesn't really have a place in my display, but his body may be a nice place to put the second horde prime head (buggy).

Heroic Warrior
    Plundor will probably be on permanent display in my home. That upcoming figure looks like a work of art- on the level of Fearless Photog...

I don't take issue with him having a figure so much as I do with him being part of the main sub. He would have been much better suited to the Filmation Sub. My gut reaction is why not switch him and Sea Hawk but they needed Sea Hawk to entice folks to buy the Filmation sub, so I would say they should have decided between him, Nepthu, Batros, or Icer and someone doesn't make the cut.
    Kittens are delicious!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would have thought that Plundor & Strong Arm would have shared the sham loin cloth.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    I don't take issue with him having a figure so much as I do with him being part of the main sub. He would have been much better suited to the Filmation Sub. My gut reaction is why not switch him and Sea Hawk but they needed Sea Hawk to entice folks to buy the Filmation sub, so I would say they should have decided between him, Nepthu, Batros, or Icer and someone doesn't make the cut.
    I think bcrduke has suggested Plundor swapped places with Strong-Or(Arm). I don't know why other than to defeat the rumors that Nepthu and Plundor were the remaining Filmation sub figures. If that's why, I think Plundor stands up better in the regular sub than Nepthu would have. Too bad they didn't have time to just dump Nepthu completely and add Lodar to the regular sub instead.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I do not care for Filmation characters at all and usually I am not very thrilled having to buy them as part of the main sub. But I am actually fine with getting Plundor. Of all the silly Filmation designs he is so over the top that I think he is cool again. I rather buy something totally crazy as him then some figure that is just average looking to me like Strongarm or Nepthu.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

What more can I add to the discussion then:

BTW, that "no way" word bubble didn't mean I was against this character, I just can't get that evil bunny form Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey in Hell outta my head !
    Last edited by theblock; August 6, 2013 at 08:17pm. Reason: clarification
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Heroic Podcaster
    Plundor was in the classic FILMation cartoon. He was also one of the most memorable characters ever to appear in that show that so many of us grew up on and still love. Thus, he deserves a figure.

Can't wait for mine!
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Love the affiliation Skeletor axe he comes with. You could also snap the crystal ball off & give it to Stinkor for an extra weapon.

Looking forward to Plundar. Goofy rabbit figures speak to me.

Good or bad for the bunny in the line...he has the 'small head issue'...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    well since he is a rabbit humanoid, who can say how big or small his head is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    it definitely looks the right size to me in this pic.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

So glad they didn't cheap out and just give him repainted Tri-Klops armour like some fans actually suggested.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    That's pretty much the way it's been with everyone who think they know who is and who isn't "fan demanded" or what does and doesn't sell. It's so tiresome.

My reaction to getting figures I don't necessarily want has been to learn how to paint. Next step is to learn how to sculpt. Takes some stress off the old circulatory system that way.
    Or just NOT sub and pay a little extra for the cool figures on the secondary market. No stress in that, and if I don't want it.... I don't pay for it. Period.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    So "I only speak for myself", yet you say that's "the way it's been with EVERYONE who think they know who is and isn't fan demanded or what does and doesn't sell"

Also that statement reeks of ignorance. Are you trying to say that just because I don't like the He-ster bunny, I am wrong about how popular he is or how well he would sell if Mattel didn't force him in the sub? Despite the way I feel about the He-ster bunny, I would be willing to bet that the He-ster bunny is among one of the least popular/known characters in all of MOTU and I am also willing to bet that the He-ster bunny would not sell very well if he was a stand alone item!

Your statement also implies that you do know what is popular and what would sell well, just because YOU happen to like all the obscure figures like the He-ster bunny or at least because you don't voice your opinion on him if you didn't like him.

Again, my feelings about the He-ster bunny or whether or not I voice my opinion about him, have no relation to whether I know what's popular or not or whether I know what sells or not. And guess what, it's the same for you hadley! Your feelings about the He-ster bunny or whether or not you voice your opinion on him, have no relation to whether you know whats popular or not or whether you know what sells or not.

You will begin to know what's popular or not and what will sell or not by being a MOTU fan over the years! Experiencing the toy lines and media released over the years is what gives you an idea of what is popular or not or what will sell or not. To think that whether some one likes or dislikes a character or voices a negative opinion about a character determines what they know about popularity or marketability of characters is a pretty ignorant way to think if you ask me.

You might think the He-ster bunny is "good" for the line, but (I'm only speaking for myself) his presence has at least cost the MOTUC line a 4 time subscriber who has spent close to $5000 total on the classics line. For your sake, I hope the He-ster bunny draws in someone new to fill the void I have left, but I wouldn't hold your breath

BTW, as an artist for close to 30 years, I can paint and sculpt just fine, but I don't buy my MOTUC to paint and sculpt on them. Nor should I be expected to.
    You know. I would have been apathetic concerning this character had it not been for the excessively repetitive use of the term "He-ster Bunny." In fact when I get him that is what I will call him. I feel that the intention was to be derogatory, but the more I hear it, the more I like it. It just makes me want him that much more. Kind of like the way I want a Disco Skeletor.

Headsculpt & paint makes him as cool as he could be while still being authentic.

Yes, I would have been fine if he had never been made
    No, I do not feel like he has ever been a must have figure

but...

No, I do not begrudge how happy him getting a figure makes some fans who had every reason to believe they would never get one
    Yes, I am ok with him and will be happy to give that axe to Skeletor & put him in the back of the bus on the display shelf

though...

I agree that he probably should have not been in the main subscription and been in the Filmation sub at max

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    So glad they didn't cheap out and just give him repainted Tri-Klops armour like some fans actually suggested.
    this is actually a very good point. I am glad they did what they could to make him fresh and worth the money. I appreciate that and am proud of Mattel for giving it their all. Or the Horsemen, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post

I know matty can't make him yet. But assuming they get the rights to filmation (it's only a matter of time imo), how should he be done? flocked? repainted triklops armour? What should he come with? his magic liquid and some money?
    How many ppl here would want to see this guy and who wants to forget he ever existed (and why)?

This character simply is not for me but...
    HEY WAIT!! he becomes with the axe ....uMMM..
    Hey this is better!!!
    The Witching Axe of Ruination
    skeletor_axe.jpg
    http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/11/re...ruination.html

so... no thanks Plundor... but...oh wait!! the character is amazing... of course if you 200xed XD check it out
    PLUNDOR: THE SPOLIER GALLERY
    http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Buffa...oiler.jpg.html

Plundor dicusion thread
    http://server4.he-man.org/forums/boa...cussion-Thread
    hmPlundor2.jpg

He looks like a mad menace and not like a joke.

LONG LIFE TO 200X!

Witching Axe of Ruination
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MARKTRON View Post
    This character simply is not for me but...
    HEY WAIT!! he becomes with the axe ....uMMM..
    Hey this is better!!!
    The Witching Axe of Ruination
    skeletor_axe.jpg
    http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/11/re...ruination.html

so... no thanks Plundor... but...oh wait!! the character is amazing... of course if you 200xed XD check it out
    PLUNDOR: THE SPOLIER GALLERY
    http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Buffa...oiler.jpg.html

Plundor dicusion thread
    http://server4.he-man.org/forums/boa...cussion-Thread
    hmPlundor2.jpg

He looks like a mad menace and not like a joke.

LONG LIFE TO 200X!

Witching Axe of Ruination
    oooooooohh, yeah! let's give him claws and fangs and make him MOAR EXXTREEEMMMME!!!11

sorry, no...there are a few characters that benefited from their 200X translation, but that style typically results in over-designed, overly busy schlock, and those redesigns of Plundor are no exception.

those look like what you would get if you got a bunch of insecure, inappropriately aggressive teenage males the opportunity to sit on a panel and redesign Plundor after each of them had chugged a couple of Monster energy drinks. the wise concept of "Less is More" is completely thrown out the window.

frankly, i think "Mad Menace" applies to the way that the 4H have interpreted Plundor. Menace and monstrosity are based on actions, not appearance.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm trying to stay positive about him... do I "want" him, no....do I think he should have been in the Filmation sub instead, heck yes. But he's no worse than any POP or NA fig IMO. His Filmation episode seems vagly familiar, I'm sure I saw it as a kid, but I really don't know anything about the character. I do wish he could have come with better accessories, and an alternate, more evil looking head. I personally don't care about the Skeletor Axe at all. A second, cooler head would have made it a decent fig IMO. I'm hoping he grows on me kind of like Fang Man has, or maybe my son will like him when we eventally tear of of these figs open and play with them in a few years!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    And now, for anybody who hasn't seen the episode... Here is a write-up, answering the question, "Why is there a pink bunny in He-Man?"

http://nerditis.com/2013/08/02/life-...ho-is-plundor/

To what are you alluding when you say, "I’m trying not to sound insensitive or bigoted or anything, but he… his voice… he sounds like he, um, enjoys some of the, er, more delicate things in life."

Please explicate!

My Plundor is totally going to be king of Castle Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope the axe is not made of gummy plastic. It looks bended on the pics...

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I think bcrduke has suggested Plundor swapped places with Strong-Or(Arm). I don't know why other than to defeat the rumors that Nepthu and Plundor were the remaining Filmation sub figures.
    I think this is exactly what happened. Scott didn't want the rumors to be true about the Filmation lineup so he swapped the figures.