Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Plundor Discussion Thread

Plundor Discussion Thread

I know matty can't make him yet. But assuming they get the rights to filmation (it's only a matter of time imo), how should he be done? flocked? repainted triklops armour? What should he come with? his magic liquid and some money?
    How many ppl here would want to see this guy and who wants to forget he ever existed (and why)?
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    While I like a lot of the Filmation villains, I'd rather forget about Plundor.

For me, he sums up how childish the Filmation series could be at times. If they'd designed him in a satrical way, he would have worked, but it just seemed like "hey, a man-rabbit. That's funny. Let's do it". It was just silly.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I would luv to see that wabbit
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    While I like a lot of the Filmation villains, I'd rather forget about Plundor.

For me, he sums up how childish the Filmation series could be at times. If they'd designed him in a satrical way, he would have worked, but it just seemed like "hey, a man-rabbit. That's funny. Let's do it". It was just silly.
    I totally agree!

Plundor is just so ridiculous that he'd make an excellent figure!

Off topic, but I wanna see that green rabbit from the Star Wars Marvel comics make it into Hasbro's toyline too.

Even if they had Filmation rights, that`s definetely a character i don`t want, reminds me yusagi Yojimbo from the TMNT!!

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, but Plundor is proof to me how dumb the original show was. That is one character I NEVER want to see again.

I'll have to pass on this one.
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

I think Plundor was the silliest "villain" in all of Filmation, or all of MOTU and it's asscociated spinoffs for that matter. That being said, I would buy a Plundor in a heart beat!

I haven't seen filmation since it's heyday, save for a few cringe-inducing clips on youtube. Seeing this picture has made me glad that almost all memory of it has been wiped from my brain.
    Apologies to the filmation fans for the hatin', but really, look at that picture...you have got to be freakin' kidding me!

I would LOVE one of these things!

This is my number one desired filmation character and I know he has some other fans on these boards as well.

I think of Plundor as a bit more dark and sinister than the goofy character from the cartoon though. A rabbit is no silly than any other animal they made characters of. He just needs to be played a bit more seriously and people would start to give him his dues.

He took over an entire planet in the Filmation toon. Even Skeletor is yet to pull that on off. I think he should be treated as a more serious alien threat.
    Last edited by davidlogan; August 7, 2013 at 07:11pm. Reason: spelling
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Even if they had Filmation rights, that`s definetely a character i don`t want, reminds me yusagi Yojimbo from the TMNT!!
    Hold it right there XD
    No insults on Usagi Yojimbo if you don't know what you're talking about!
    You don't know who Usagi Yojimbo is if you've only watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons.

Let me tell you what it's really about because you're missing out big time here;
    Usagi Yojimbo is one is the greatest characters ever written.
    He has a monthly ongoing comic book series ever since 1984 (and still gaining more popularity by the month with every new issue)!!!
    Completely created (written, drawn, etc) by only one legendary man: Stan Sakai.

The stories are truly amazing, very true to the beginning of Edo period Feudal Japan (early 17th century).
    The only so called "childish" thing you could name would be the fact that humans are replaced with anthropomorphic animals.
    Don't let that fool you because for the rest it's a totally adult mature badass comic book series with loads of authentic stories, customs and information about Feudal Japan.
    Usagi Yojimbo is a master swordsman. If you want to make comparisons to MOTU, think like the original Pre-Filmation Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, but then 100x better.

To me, no comic book series ever comes close to the masterpiece called: Usagi Yojimbo. It is simply genius!
    And that really says a lot because I read quite a few comics and I like many of them.
    Usagi Yojimbo is never boring, lame, childish, repeating, it's always interesting with many character developments. Anyone who never read an issue is missing out on this masterpiece.

-
    Back on topic:
    Plundor is a character I'd rather not see because he is simply too silly and goofy for my taste.
    There are lots of other MOTU characters that are way better imo.
    Last edited by synthalus; September 13, 2009 at 03:22pm.

childish?

it was a cartoon marketed at children. the entire franchise is. You say plundor is childish but look at EVERY motu character. it's hardly taking itself seriously is it now. this is a series with a skunk called STINKOR as one of the most popular bad guys. another called TWO-BADD. Wun-dar with a loaf of bread.... taking cats.... dwarves with springs for legs....

I'm sorry, but it you think motu is too childish anywhere you really need to open your eyes.

For me, the entire appeal is that it doesnt' take itself seriously like so many others. If I want something that takes itself seriously, i'll go for the abundance of other fantasy media available.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    To quote Darren McGavin:

"He looks like a deranged Easter bunny... he's a pink nightmare!"
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

No plundor please..

Off topic, but I wanna see that green rabbit from the Star Wars Marvel comics make it into Hasbro's toyline too.
    Do you mean Bucky O hair?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    We absolutely need a Plundor. This line is all about that cartoony fun designer look. He's perfect for MOTUC.

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post

No, I think he means Jax from the Star Wars comic Marvel put out after the first movie.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

Here's some amazing Plundor love from various respected board members.

Bearshow:

Buffalo-Bill-Man

And I don't recall who did this AMAZING custom 200X Plundor!!

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    ^^ Love those Pics.

Plundor actually wouldn't take that much to make(once Mattel gets the Filmation Rights) we already have most of his body parts.

Starting from the bottom up:
    Skeletor's Feet or BeastMan's(I think old bone heads look better though)
    BeastMan's Legs, Torso, Upper arms.
    Hordak's hands and lower arms
    Tri-klop's armor(though I am not sure if we should keep the knives)
    would not be against him being flocked just enough but has to be bright pink

The only new parts would be a new head sculpt and maybe a fuzzy bunny tail as well as some weapons(though I don't know which weapons other the a giant fork and a club shaped like a carrot).

And he is not to outrageous, for gosh sake we have Wun-dar and His Magic Bread of Power.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sorry, I got to say a big negative on Plundor or Plundarr however the hell you spell his name. I refuse to have a pink rabbit on my side. If you have no respect for the forces of evil you might have a little for He-Man. A hero is only as grand as the enemy who opposes him. What kind of dignity would He-Man have in a face-off against Plundor? As brave Sir Robin once stated: "What does he do...nibble your bum?"
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I think Plundor was the silliest "villain" in all of Filmation, or all of MOTU and it's asscociated spinoffs for that matter. That being said, I would buy a Plundor in a heart beat!
    Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    No, I meant Jaxxon, a character who appeared alongside Han and Chewie in early Star Wars comics. He does look a lot like Bucky O' Hare though.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; September 13, 2009 at 06:08pm.

Here's another one! An unfinished (as far as I know) Plundor that COTU was working on. Notice the painted bunny symbole on the armor. If you take a closer look at vintage tri-klops; said bunny symbol has always been there...just waiting for Plundor to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Hold it right there XD
    No insults on Usagi Yojimbo if you don't know what you're talking about!
    You don't know who Usagi Yojimbo is if you've only watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons.

Let me tell you what it's really about because you're missing out big time here;
    Usagi Yojimbo is one is the greatest characters ever written.
    He has a monthly ongoing comic book series ever since 1984 (and still gaining more popularity by the month with every new issue)!!!
    Completely created (written, drawn, etc) by only one legendary man: Stan Sakai.

The stories are truly amazing, very true to the beginning of Edo period Feudal Japan (early 17th century).
    The only so called "childish" thing you could name would be the fact that humans are replaced with anthropomorphic animals.
    Don't let that fool you because for the rest it's a totally adult mature badass comic book series with loads of authentic stories, customs and information about Feudal Japan.
    Usagi Yojimbo is a master swordsman. If you want to make comparisons to MOTU, think like the original Pre-Filmation Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, but then 100x better.

To me, no comic book series ever comes close to the masterpiece called: Usagi Yojimbo. It is simply genius!
    And that really says a lot because I read quite a few comics and I like many of them.
    Usagi Yojimbo is never boring, lame, childish, repeating, it's always interesting with many character developments. Anyone who never read an issue is missing out on this masterpiece.

-
    Back on topic:
    Plundor is a character I'd rather not see because he is simply too silly and goofy for my taste.
    There are lots of other MOTU characters that are way better imo.
    Amen to that, regarding Usagi! I love that charater, and while I enjoyed his appearances with TMNT (more in the modern toon, of course), I agree that his awesomeness knows no bounds and should be appreciated outside of that realm to be truly understood.

On topic, I actually would liek to have a Plundor figure. I agree that the Tri-Klops armor is an obvious use there, and he would be great with a fuzzy, Panthor-esque (albeit pink) flocked head.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!