Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Plundor Discussion Thread

Sheesh...I forgot how much of a Butter Face GLEEDIL was.

And BRI-MAN, that is truly incredible insight on PLUNDOR! In a crazy way, it makes perfect sense.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Plundar?

And some of you guys wonder why, even as a kid, I hated Filmation!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Bravo BC, Bravo!

I always thought this was a 'Joke' thread....But a LOT of you guys are actually serious????
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Dude...it's a pink bunny rabbit.

You're making fun of me for spitting out a poop sandwich!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

i wish i could show some love for plundor, but alas - i have no love for this guy! ... ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

So...how come someone like Chief Carnivus is villified as being 'too different' looking and 'not fitting in' with the other figures in MOTUC, but this guy is okay?

Easiest pass ever...

Plundor very much deserves a MOTUC figure. I'd like to see him used like Marzo. A reoccuring villain always with his own agenda.

With very minor tweaks he has a lot of potential. I do think he needs to be about 5% edger than what we've seen. But a psyshoctic-alchemist bunny man could be a lot of fun.

Make him just a little dark and just a little insane. Mix it with power hungry and you've got a winner.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Definitely want Plundor. No reason why a bunny figure can't be awesome.

I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    So...how come someone like Chief Carnivus is villified as being 'too different' looking and 'not fitting in' with the other figures in MOTUC, but this guy is okay?
    I'm not a PLUNDOR advocate by any means.

That reasoning is precisely why there should be a slot for him. ETERNIA has everything! Why is a humanoid bunny any weirder than a humanoid lion, humanoid insects, winged Amish flying apes, or a guy who's kind of a humanoid tree/bush??

I assume that's kind of what you meant

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I'd definitely be down for a Plundor. If he's run through the 4h machine he'd come out looking pretty cool.

After buying season 1, and waiting for S2, I am reminded of simpler days with these
    cartoons, when I had no worries and nothing to do. Yeah the animation now looks bad
    and cheesy, but that was almost 30 years ago, what really wasn't cheesy in the 80's?
    Look how far we've come, and we still have crap ass cartoons, like Sponge Bob, Chowder
    and Adventure Time....actually somewhat worse to me. I still like my cheesy 80's toons.

He-Man taught lessons as well as GI Joe and other 80's toons, somthing lacking in todays world for kids,
    who would rather get fat playing X-Box or texting than caring about values and manners.

While the Pink Foo Foo Bunny is even for the 80's, Filmation, & He-Man way too damn
    ridiculous even for me to look at, I would welcome a modern more sinister looking Classics version.
    I mean even a Rabbit can look bad ass if done right.

I still love the 80's no matter how bad some things were looking back, for me it a better, simpler time.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 5, 2011 at 12:28am.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Yea, I could go for this figure! He's classic and Filmation! He's cheezy, yes... but come on, the entire Filmation series wreaked of cheddar!

I say MAKE HIM!! I'll stand him next to my Mol-ar figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I'm not a PLUNDOR advocate by any means.

That reasoning is precisely why there should be a slot for him. ETERNIA has everything! Why is a humanoid bunny any weirder than a humanoid lion, humanoid insects, winged Amish flying apes, or a guy who's kind of a humanoid tree/bush??

I assume that's kind of what you meant
    Tastes vary...I'm not trying to tell people what to like, but it puzzles me that a Chief Carnivus is hated by a fair amount of fans (He 'won' one of those worst figures in motuc threads) but there seems to be quite a lot of support for a goofy looking pink bunny rabbit. (??)

I wonder if he would enjoy that same level of support if he were anything other than a Filmation character.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

I wonder if he would enjoy that same level of support if he were anything other than a Filmation character.
    Quoted for truth!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Tastes vary...I'm not trying to tell people what to like, but it puzzles me that a Chief Carnivus is hated by a fair amount of fans (He 'won' one of those worst figures in motuc threads) but there seems to be quite a lot of support for a goofy looking pink bunny rabbit. (??)

well, i don't hate carnivus...but i have a soft spot for anthropomorphic animal characters..
    but overall, i honestly do like plundor's design. i like his simplified outfit, i like the deceptively silly and cute quality...for me it's something akin to the stay puft marshmallow man.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Definitely want Plundor. No reason why a bunny figure can't be awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/pNcoC.jpg
    Are you saying that's awesome???

I seriously don't want to see him taking up a sub spot, I have loved most every other figure in this line but I just can't picture a Pink bunny being very cool.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    well, i don't hate carnivus...
    I Think he is one of the most powerful figures in the line, stunningly executed and great quality.

In a Mythos full of anthropomorphic characters, I often wonder if the dislike for Carnivus is mainly because he has been outed as one of TG's favorites, and a figure he pushed for!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I Think he is one of the most powerful figures in the line, stunningly executed and great quality.

In a Mythos full of anthropomorphic characters, I often wonder if the dislike for Carnivus is mainly because he has been outed as one of TG's favorites, and a figure he pushed for!
    CC is visually unappealing. He does not have a MOTU look to him. He has a weak and boring background. He does not fit with MOUTC. He is the only figure that I regret buying. It's not because he is a favorite of TG or he's 200X that he is hated on. Back to the story at hand PLUNDOR, PLUNDOR, PLUNDOR, MUST HAVE PLUNDOR!!!!!! I want Plundor.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

I have to agree with you. I never understood the hate for CARNIVUS either. Sure, I understand that he's not part of the 'Classic' line, but he was part of the 200X line, and the 200X line is included. Nobody had to buy him, or if they had a Sub, they could have sold him, traded him, or even given him away to a kid down the street.

Sorry, but I can't feel sorry for somebody who can easily afford something, hates it, yet still keeps it crammed in the back of a drawer.

That's entirely possible. Some people are 100% loyal to something from the beginning till the bitter end. If I bite into an apple and it's mushy and soft, then I'm done. I don't have that kind of commitment. Sure, I'll try another apple later, but I'm done with that one!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 5, 2011 at 07:42pm.

I'd purchase a Plundor, the evil pink bunny of doom. He's somewhat campy, but that's what I like about him....oh, and bunnies are scary.

Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    All these posts, and no-one's embedded the episode yet? [NB: Official CM upload!]

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    CC is visually unappealing. He does not have a MOTU look to him. He has a weak and boring background. He does not fit with MOUTC. He is the only figure that I regret buying. It's not because he is a favorite of TG or he's 200X that he is hated on. Back to the story at hand PLUNDOR, PLUNDOR, PLUNDOR, MUST HAVE PLUNDOR!!!!!! I want Plundor.
    Well, if I didn't have three Carnivus figures already, I'd have bought yours. I'll echo Ka's sentiments and say that personally for me, he's one of the best characters so far...but as I said tastes vary.

What I still don't understand is how one can say he doesn't fit in with MOTUC, yet pedge support for a character that would stick out like a sore thumb in this line?

Anyway, I don't want to harp on and on about it...I hope everyone who wants a Plundor made gets their wish.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post

If I bite into an apple and it's mushy and soft, then I'm done. I don't have that kind of commitment. Sure, I'll try another apple later, but I'm done with that one!
    Yeah, I'm a bit like that too.
    Last edited by Neal1972; September 6, 2011 at 05:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    I'd love to have a Plundor, but I'd love to see it done up 200x style. Of course I know that won't happen...

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    I like Bri-Man's observation about Plundor. I always liked the crazy, psychedelic look of this episode, so I'm definitely down for Plundor, and the eggbots too.

Bunnies aren't just cute
    like everybody supposes
    they got them hoppy legs
    and twitchy little noses
    and what's with all the carrots?
    what do they need such
    good eyesight for anyway?
    BUY THE SUB!!! JOIN THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Analog Jote View Post
    I like Bri-Man's observation about Plundor. I always liked the crazy, psychedelic look of this episode, so I'm definitely down for Plundor, and the eggbots too.

well, i tip my hat to you sir!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

This was actually one of my favourite episodes as a kid but I wouldn't want a Plundor figure.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26