Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prison Starr Discussion

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Prison Starr Discussion

We've discussed the possibilty of a MOTUC Castle Grayskull playset, as well as Snake Mountain, etc...
    Well, who would like a Prison Star playset?

If you recall, Prison Star was mentioned in a number of "pre-Filmation" era stories, about an intergalactic station where captured villains were held.

There is a great story in the first UK annual about breaking Faker out of the prison.

I think it would make a great little playset, and the "cells" could be great display capsules for the figures.

It could be really good.
    Thoughts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

As much as I like the Pre-Filmation era, I could do without a prison star. There are about 20 vehicles/playsets I'd like to see first, and I know MOTUC will probably never reach that number, or, if it does, take about 10 years!

Maybe far far down the road after a number of vehicles and playsets from the classic toy lines (and maybe even the toons) have been done would I think about a prison star.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I would be all for a playset like that made, but I doubt that I'd buy it.

Though, I'd love to see prison star being incorporated into the MOTUC story.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

As long as they make Graskull, Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, Crystal Castle, Eternia, Starship Eternia, and Eternos palace first!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    As long as they make Graskull, Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, Crystal Castle, Eternia, Starship Eternia, and Eternos palace first!
    Add Moon Nordor to that list too.

I would first Castle Grayskull, Fright Zone, Snake Mountain, Crystal Palace and Eternia of course!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    As much as I like the Pre-Filmation era, I could do without a prison star. There are about 20 vehicles/playsets I'd like to see first, and I know MOTUC will probably never reach that number, or, if it does, take about 10 years!
    I think I agree here.

Does anyone have pics of Prison Star? This is the first I've heard of it. It sounds cool, but I'm in the camp that believes that when it comes to playsets, we should get Grayskull, Snake Mountain, The Fright Zone, Point Dread, Eternia, Starship Eternia, The Slime Pit, and Nordor first (in that order, too!).

Prison Star is an intriguing idea though. I'd like the Bios to make mention of it.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

There's a quite good story from the UK comics with prisonstar in, where Hordak attacked and took over, so He-Man, Snout Spout and Sy-Klone go to the rescue, but get captured and thrown out into space! Whilst the good guys are trying to get on board, the freed prisoners decide they don't want Hordak as leader, and turn on him, locking him in the airlock! He-Man releases the wardens who get all the prisoners bak into their cells whilst the Horde escape
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

As an idea, it would be a great one and I would definitely buy one!

I think most fans want to see the other playsets first, but that shouldn't take away anyone's dream of a professionally done playset of a really cool locale they like. I would like a ROYAL PALACE playset, but if Mattel is silent on our demands for a CASTLE GRAYSKULL, then how much should we hope for at all?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I always liked the idea of Prison Star. Wish they would've used it in the cartoon and/or minicomics. In my world, Rio Blast actually wrangles outlaws in order to return them to the Prison Star and bring them to justice.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    We should get Grayskull, Snake Mountain, The Fright Zone, Point Dread, Eternia, The Crystal Castle, The Slime Pit, The Mutant Slime Pit, Castle BrightMoon, Eternos Palace The Mutant Mothership and Nordor first, but Prison Star would be cool eventually. Especially if they incorporated it into NA as a base for the good guys.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Prison Star would make for a great playset, but alas, it wouldn't really fit the MotUC line as there are a lot of other playsets that would have to be made first, given that they are actually vintage era

I would love to see one, though - a vintage Prison Star would have made a great playset, there's so much potential for play features with cells and things. And Rio Blast could finally be incorporated a little better into the mythos (nice one, Red Trinity) lol

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I have to agree, it sounds like an awesome idea!! Tying Rio Blast in it makes it all the better! But, as many other people pointed out, SO many otherp playsets first. And I totally want a Royal Palace playset too! (why we never got one is beyond me)

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    great idea, but I wouldn't buy it because my display space is precious.
    I'm reserving the space for the MOTUC Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain and Fright Zone.
    Those will already take up a huge amount of space.
    If they will not be made, I'm eventually going to custom make them

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Add Moon Nordor to that list too.
    And Slime Pit and Crystle Falls.

I'm not too bothered about playsets but i'd love for something like the Prison Star to be mentioned into bios and such. Of course if it were made then i'd be duty bound to buy it.

I wouldnīt buy it, but it would be a great sign if something like that was done.

Heroic Warrior

Prison Starr discussion

What all do we know about this place other than Jitsu being incarcerated on it? I know it's been mentioned before that though.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I believe it's featured several times in the UK Masters of the Universe comics. It's where Modulok was sentenced, as well as others. I think Rio-Blast even knows of it (took prisoners there), it's an intergalactic prison for the universe's (or galaxy's) worst criminals.

Is it a Brave Starr tie-in?
    Support the 2014 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

The first UK Masters of the Universe Annual had a story set on Prison Star.
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=599

I seem to recall that Trap Jaw was trying to break Faker out of jail.
    I always assumed that was the first mention of it, that annual predates the UK comic by about four years.

Heroic Warrior
    Prison Star was featured in one of the stories in the first MOTU annual. Faker was released from it in a raid organised by Trap Jaw and Skeletor.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Rio-Blast took prisoners to a place called Astro-Jail. Perhaps it's like Prison Star.

But here's an image of it from issue 64 (Modulok)....

And issue 44 is all about Prison Star. Here is He-Man's description...
    Last edited by The All American; November 30, 2012 at 06:21pm.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Rio-Blast took prisoners to a place called Astro-Jail. Perhaps it's like Prison Star.
    And of course there is Gaolatia (pronounced Jail-atia),It's basically the same thing, a prison that floats around in space from the New Adventures cartoon-

Reckon they could all be connected somehow!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL: