Thread: Any wishing these had the same packaging as Ghostbusters

Heroic Warrior

Any wishing these had the same packaging as Ghostbusters

I love the ghostbuster packaging, where the bubble can be removed and snapped back on without disturbing the cardback or cutting the bubble. It really seemed ingenious to me, and would like to see the MOTUC follow suit

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah, I actually asked MAttel that question. See the Q&A thread. They said that there were no plans to do that with MOTUC, and that it was only for teh SDCC items...so I'm wondering if the rest of the GB figs will even have it.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Did the SDCC He-Ro have it then? It seems strange the they would only do it for those few figures

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, I actually asked MAttel that question. See the Q&A thread. They said that there were no plans to do that with MOTUC, and that it was only for teh SDCC items...so I'm wondering if the rest of the GB figs will even have it.
    It looks like they won't...a MOC Ray was for sale on Ebay and he's on a regular blister card, without the tabs Egon's packaging had that let you reseal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    No they won't. The other Ghostbusters have packaging like the MOTUC.
    Mattel answered it for some weeks.

The latest Four Horsemen 7Th Kingdom figures have resealable packaging too!
    It's a nice feature to have I think and I'd be well up for reconsidering this for MOTUC.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I`m glad that they opted NOT to do it, I really like the uniformed look of my collection thus far, not missing any figs at all, if they changed the packaging it would just throw the entire collection"off"

I'm a BIG fan of the uniform packaging as well. I have King Grayskull but one of the main reasons I'm excited for him to be re-issued is because he'll be in the standard package and I can add him to my MOC display.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm a BIG fan of the uniform packaging as well. I have King Grayskull but one of the main reasons I'm excited for him to be re-issued is because he'll be in the standard package and I can add him to my MOC display.
    I have the bronze version still MIB for my MOC collection but the "new" regular release will look awsome hung on the wall in standard packaging

Mattel is actually better off not doing it from a business standpoint alone. They're able to sell more pieces in the present format as a lot of people buy one to "open" and one to keep "closed" because they have no other option if thats how they choose to collect, as in MOC and loose.

With a package that features both attributes I'd imagine that many would simply resort to buying one and swap the figure in and out depending on their mood. Sure it's a bit ghetto to have Skeletor sitting on a dresser in June, and then hanging up on the wall in July, but when it comes to saving money I'm sure a bunch of people would opt for it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I have the bronze version still MIB for my MOC collection but the "new" regular release will look awsome hung on the wall in standard packaging
    SERIOUSLY! I've got both KG's MIB, but they're just sittin in a box cuz they're too tough to display MIB like that, and that ain't right.

And BTW, if they had done this line with re-sealable packaging from the BEGINNING I wouldn't have a problem with that, but to me one of the main points to doing this line was to have uniformity in many ways, so I just don't want them to change things now.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

what do they look like?
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    SERIOUSLY! I've got both KG's MIB, but they're just sittin in a box cuz they're too tough to display MIB like that, and that ain't right.

And BTW, if they had done this line with re-sealable packaging from the BEGINNING I wouldn't have a problem with that, but to me one of the main points to doing this line was to have uniformity in many ways, so I just don't want them to change things now.
    I`m with you, I don`t want them to change a thing!

What does the Ghostbusters packaging look like? I've never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What does the Ghostbusters packaging look like? I've never seen it.
    Nevermind. Just found a pic on eBay. I'm happy with the MOTUC packaging as is. And I agree, I'm a big fan of the uniform look for the line.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; September 18, 2009 at 09:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nope I didn't dig the Ghostbusters packaging. I think resealable is a great idea. However, it should have been done a bit like the Shocker Toys Indie Spotlights.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Heroic Warrior
    I would have liked the goodies to have come in the castle grayskull backdrop card while baddies on the snake mountain backdrop cards myself but too late now

uniform is better unlike the constant card changes for the modern star wars line

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I`m glad that they opted NOT to do it, I really like the uniformed look of my collection thus far, not missing any figs at all, if they changed the packaging it would just throw the entire collection"off"
    But, if they wanted to, they could probably do this in a way that wouldn't drastically change the look of the packaging. So, it's not like those with the resealable packaging would stand out like a sore thumb next to the rest.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"