Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Q&As from elsewhere on the net for 15 September 2009

Q&As from elsewhere on the net for 15 September 2009

1. Is the MOTUC Adora figure setting precedence for the direction of the design for future Princess of Power characters? Will they fall in line stylistically with the style guide rather than the original dolls?

Yes and no. The female body is pretty much set between Adora and Teela. The exact look of each character is handled on a figure by figure basis.

4. In MOTUC, when Mattel and the Horsemen approach the character of Grizzlor, how do you plan on executing him? Will he be furry like the original toy or will you go with the sculpted fur route?

We haven’t crossed that road yet, but Toy Guru is fighting for fur.

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/09/ask-matty-9159
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm backing Toy Guru on the Grizzlor front! Fur is the way to go! Thanks for posting this, Tallstar!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

FUR!!!! He needs FUR!!!
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Fur all the way!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

It wouldn't be Grizzlor if he didn't have fur.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Tallstar. Fur is the right choice.

Heroic Warrior
    Fur all the way baby! You go TG!

Seems like the fur would be easier than the flocking for Moss Man as I'd think it would hold up a bit better.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

like moss man, i want to see both versions first.

Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur, Fur . . .

and . . .

more fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur, fur!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

These are from Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation

1.) Does MOTUC Trap-Jaw’s robotic arm have a hinge joint at the elbow and a ball joint at the shoulder?

Yes. Trap Jaw’s robotic arm has the same articulation points as a regular He-Man arm. However, some of the characteristic sculpt details on Trap Jaw’s robotic arm limit some of the range of motion on his shoulder. We felt that it was important to keep those details, despite having the effect of limiting the range of motion.

2.) Finkrod asks: Does Mattel plan on doing re-issues of all previously released MOTUC figures?

That’s to be determined.

3.) Dayraven asks: Will the re-release King Grayskull get some re-engineering (like closed shoulder socket gaps or a removable harness/cape)?

That’s still to be determined as well.

4.) Fallen Eldor asks: How Many Bonus figures (not including deluxe offerings like Battlecat) do you have in mind for 2010?

It all depends on fan demand. We’ll see!

http://www.poeghostal.com/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Thanks for the updates Tallstar, also fur all the way.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Speaking of Q&As, what happened to the He-man.org Q&A for September 1st? I never saw it. As much as I love this site and I understand the admins are probably really busy, I find it frustrating that the best He-man website on the internet can't post their Q&As within 2-3 days of the 1st and 15th of the month.

WOW, so the Style Guide is now open for use!!!!!!!!? Incredable news! Hopefully this will allow the 4H the ability to take what they want design wise from the style guide and classic toy designs so they can make what they truly feel is the most iconic versions of these amazing characters!

I personally hope the MOTUC POP figures will be primarly style guide based, intergrating many of the nice design features from the POP dolls in most cases. I do however really hope that the Star Sisters & Entrapta will be classic POP toy based. Hopefully She-Ra and Catra will be primarly style guide inspired but with the classic toy boots and arm gauntlets with POP sheilds & both She-Ra's original sword (as a dager maybe) & toy Catra's cat sword, belt & tail maybe a whip.

I am sooooooo excited to see what the 4H will come up with now! Emiliano's She-Ra & Catra designs are feeling a lot closer today. Great news for POP fans everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 15, 2009 at 08:43pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ooooh, can I play?

http://pendragonspost.blogspot.com/2...tty-91509.html

4. Assuming you eventually get to Prince Adam, have you given any thought to whether he would be a straight repaint of He-Man or whether he would be a completely different mold as in the 200x series?

We have made this decision but have not revealed it yet. Stay tuned!

6. Patrick asks - Hi Matty. Thanks for taking our questions. I was very happy to see the upcoming Adora figure and I think it is safe to say that the reaction to her has been very good. Can you give us any insight into the decision to release Adora before She-Ra?

Adora has never had a figure and we wanted to giver her her do!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 15, 2009 at 09:09pm.

So it looks like all females will have no articulation at all in their bodies, if they are all going to be like Teela and Adora. That's bad
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I actually REALLY hope Adam is a pure re-deco like the vintage one was--what can I say, the Classics have COMPLETELY seduced me!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Great questions and answers...

(I wonder how long before we get into a Fully-Furry, Partially-Furry and No-Furry discussion/poll for Grizzlor! )

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I actually REALLY hope Adam is a pure re-deco like the vintage one was--what can I say, the Classics have COMPLETELY seduced me!
    I want a redeco He-Man base for Adam, but I much prefer the 2K style jacket and white top to his classic toy version. I hope he comes with the Filmation inspired Sword of Power, like Adora has come with the Filmation style sword of Protection. Then hopefully She-Ra will come with her classic gold sword and an identical sword to MOTUC He-Man & Skeletor, with a blue jewl set on top of the blade & her gold POP sheild! I want it all! LOL

I also vote partial fur for Grizzlor, much like the staction!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Holy crap!!! I've never seen those designs by Emiliano for Catra!!!! AWESOME!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Wow cool tid bits of news in there. Thanks for sharing.

I don't like the original Adam only because his muscles are just as big as He-man's. That is the one thing i like about the 200x design in that the transformation is more dramatic than the filmation one.

I hope we see some fur flying on him thats for sure. Lets keep all the orginal of these figures the best possible I would say. Plus the ones that havn't been done, keep those really cool.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Keep fighting for the fur Toyguru!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    Keep fighting the fight TG

Court Magician Randor_Triumphant's Avatar
    Wow, those concepts pictures are great!
    I cant wait to see some prototypes...
    Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded...

Here are MOTUC related questions and answers from That New Toy Smell Q&A.

3) We have really enjoyed the bonus accessories with MOTUC figures, such as the 200x Sword and the Warrior Ring. Will we see more bonus accessories such as these down the road? And, can you give us a hint as to how many?

Now that would be telling! Not every figure will have one, but they will sneak in now and then.

4) I like having the leaders(King Randor, Skeletor, Hodak ect), are there plans to make or when can we expect King Hiss, Sorceress, or Queen Marlena?

We do plan on getting to these figures in time, but a lot of the leaders will be spread out over the course of the line. Don’t expect them all in one year!

5) Since we pretty much have a good base of figure parts, when will see characters that share these parts like Stinkor and Ninjor? And since Trapjaw will be released next year will we see Man-E-Faces or Roboto in the near future?

We can’t comment on exact release dates for any unreleased figures, but Trap Jaw has definitely gotten us closer to Man-E-Faces and Roboto.

6) Now that we know we will get at least 1-2 NA and POP figures this year, will these figures be incorporated as "Bonus" figures or will they be part of the Subscription? And if they are "Bonus" figures, is it possible that we will see more than 2 from each brand?

The plan is for at least 1 POP and NA character to be in the main monthly figures in 2010. As for the bonus figures, it is way to early to comment on how many we will produce..

7) Any plans to change the packaging style of MOTUC to include the re-sealable blister bubble similar to what you have done with Egon and the Green Lantern 3-pack?

No, we will not be adding this. This was special for the SDCC items only.

8) Is there a possibility of seeing other different repaints like Battle Armor Skeletor and Hurricane Hordak since they seem easy to do?

These would be good refreshes of the main characters! Time will tell.
    http://tnts.dirtmound.com/article.ph...90915180751945

From Kastors Korner Q&A.

Kastor: Any news on Moss Man? If he is delayed is the character replacing him a male or female? Hero or villain?

Matty: No news yet, but it looks like no delay. We are just working out just how much flock can be added without it interfering with the joints. The main message from fans has been that Moss Man needs as much flock as possible!

Update**Matty did update us on Moss Man on his Facebook page**
    http://kastorskorner.com/index.php?o...=381&Itemid=54

- Joni -
    Last edited by EuroCoin; September 16, 2009 at 07:01am. Reason: I made some additions
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images