Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Q&As from elsewhere on the net for 15 September 2009

6) Now that we know we will get at least 1-2 NA and POP figures this year, will these figures be incorporated as "Bonus" figures or will they be part of the Subscription? And if they are "Bonus" figures, is it possible that we will see more than 2 from each brand?

The plan is for at least 1 POP and NA character to be in the main monthly figures in 2010. As for the bonus figures, it is way to early to comment on how many we will produce..
    I'm sure this has to be a mistake, but with the way this is worded, it almost seems like they're still up in the air as to whether She-Ra should be a bonus or not. hehe

This one is from Action Figure Insider

Q2. Masters of the Universe: When Orko is made, will he have a true face, or will he simply have floaty eyes and blue ears on a shapeless black form like the original from the 80’s?

A2. It is too early to tell, but Orko is coming in 2010.
    I guess this means Orko would probably be scheduled for mid to late 2010
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Looking at the staction, Grizzlor should be able to have fur and articulation, the arms and legs are free, and fur can be put on the top half of the body to hang over the ab crunch!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Trap Jaw has definitely gotten us closer to Man-E-Faces and Roboto.
    man-e-faces!! can't.. wait..

Indeed, hearing "closer to Man-E-Faces" is great.

When are the Org's Q and A's coming?
    Last edited by RockinHard; September 16, 2009 at 11:24am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here's another one...

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ticle=340&nl=1

1) Since Mattel will not be attending New York Comic-Con next year, will there only be one MOTUC Exclusive figure in 2010?

The only show we will have a retail booth at in 2010 will be SDCC. Just how many exclusives and for what lines remains to be seen.

2) Are the MOTUC display bases still on schedule for February 2010 and what will the price point be?

It is looking like they will be approximately $15.00. We’ll confirm the on sale date in the fall.

3) When we get to bonus figure months with the MOTUC line, will all the product be offered through mattycollector.com on the same day to give fans the opportunity to combine shipping on their orders?

Yes, all toys will go on sale on the 15th of the month (or the following Monday if the 15th falls on a weekend) and you can combine shipping on any items bought in one order.
    $15 bases...ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here's another one...

$15 bases...ouch!
    Indeed, some high stands, price-wise.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here's another one...

$15 bases...ouch!
    Does anyone remember how many bases were included in a set? I think it was either 3 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Does anyone remember how many bases were included in a set? I think it was either 3 or 5.
    Pretty sure it was 5.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

It had better be 5. I'm not paying $5 per stand.

The answer to that question will determine whether or not $15 is a good deal for us or a good deal for them! If it's 5 (which I think makes more sense) then I'm fine with that price. If it's 3 in a pack, I'll gladly pay it anyway!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Pretty sure it was 5.
    That sounds right. And reasonable.

There are going to be packs of 5.

They seem to be interconnectable as well, like CG outer front floor.

Ouch...indeed.

"Ouch" is correct followed by "man that hurts"

BCI its five in a pack I remember the sign in the case at SDCC.I wanted to get one for everyone but thats a bit much.I'll buy a pack and then decide if they are worth it.Don't know why mattel just doesn't package them with the figures,it would definately make them more deserving of the 20.00 dollar price tag they carry.

And they say the economy is bad.

Here is the Sept. 15th Cool Toy Review MOTUC questions

Cool Toy Review: What's the situation with the Princess of Power figures - will they be released in MOTU packaging or under their own line (I for one have interest in some of the characters, but ZERO interest in pink packaging and rooted hair)? Are characters like Shadow Weaver, Octavia and Scorpia possible?

Mattel: POP, NA and MOTU figures will all be released in the same green packaging you have come to love. Shadow Weaver, Ocatavia and Scorpia, along with all other Filmation created characters are not currently available to Mattel.

Cool Toy Review: A lot of people thought Orko might be the special pack in with Man-At-Arms, but it ended up being He-Man's 200X powersword. When can we expect to see Orko in the line? In the past, there have been some hints that he will be smaller in scale unlike his original toy. Is he more likely to be a pack in with a regular figure like Prince Adam or maybe with a different type of figure like Cringer, Kowl, or Gwildor?

Mattel: As confirmed at SDCC, Orko will be coming out in 2010.
    I asked the Orko question (I actually originally asked it in May, but they decided to ask the question now). I was hoping for more than that in Mattel's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    And they say the economy is bad.
    February is going to be a SERIOUSLY expensive month!!! But since Battle Cat is my most wanted character and Trap Jaw wasn't far behind him, it's also going to be the most awesome month since this line started!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I like the idea of spreading out the "big guns" a little more. Give us new figures and make us wait for the main guys!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

$15 for battle stands, wow

Even if it is 5 in a pack that is still pretty pricey

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    $15 for battle stands, wow

Even if it is 5 in a pack that is still pretty pricey
    I disagree. $3 for a painted, sculpted stand does not sound bad at all. Would you prefer a solid color stand with a peg coming out of it?
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    I disagree. $3 for a painted, sculpted stand does not sound bad at all. Would you prefer a solid color stand with a peg coming out of it?
    I agree as well. 5 for $15 is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    By the time that these stands go on sale next February, there should be about 20 different figures released already. If we want a stand for each figure, there would be a $60 plus shipping drop from our wallets upfront; not having in consideration a stand for Wun-Dar nor Moss Man nor any other future figure.

IMHO, a highly detailed 5 stand pack for $10 would be more suitable; by being $15, I'd just rather spend $5 more and get an extra figure.

Hopefully the stands are something they can keep in stock and not sell out in a day or two!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    More QandA's!!!

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009...nd-up-for-9159

6. Just thought we’d check again – what was the final outcome on Moss-Man? If there isn’t one yet, when will you be deciding?

We are going to flock him as much as possible without interrupting the articulation. We are still working on the final details.

7. Planned reuse of body parts is one of the hallmarks of the MOTUC line. Now that there’s a female buck (or is it two) for Teela and Adora, should we expect all female characters, like Evil-Lyn, Sorceress, She-Ra, and other Princess of Power figures to use that basic body? While a more muscular build seems fitting for warrior types, a more slender build may be preferable for the ones who rely on magic.

All of the females will use the basic Teela buck. You can see how it is augmented with new parts for Adora in our SDCC fan panel on MattyCollector.com’s photo page on Facebook.

8. Many people have noticed that Trap-Jaw’s arms are new sculpts. In the vintage line, Trap-Jaw shared arms (at least from the bicep down) with Man-E-Faces. When should we expect to see Man-E-Faces in the line?

In time. Trap Jaw definitely got us closer to a Man-E-Faces figure, but he isn’t in the cards quite yet.
    This has to be the biggest month for Q&A's ever. I put 9 of them on the frontpage.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 17, 2009 at 10:42am.

I'll be curious to see how they make a Jewelstar and Tallstar using the standard female body.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Mattel: POP, NA and MOTU figures will all be released in the same green packaging you have come to love. Shadow Weaver, Ocatavia and Scorpia, along with all other Filmation created characters are not currently available to Mattel.
    Nertz. I was hoping that Octavia was the one character that Emiliano said they found documentation that Mattel originated the design of and not Filmation. Emiliano said before that it wasn't Shadow Weaver or Adora either.

This does, however, give me hope for Madame Razz!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Octavia was the character and I assumed this was just a given when I saw Emiliano's post about it here on the org naming Octavia. So when I posted an update on facebook saying Octavia may be possible for Mattel to make in MOTUC due to the design possibly orignating from Mattel. Matty chimed in and said it was a no go! Perhaps the evdience found in this private collection was not strong enlough to prove to Mattel that Octavia's design originated with them? Either way it's a shame!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!