View Poll Results: Should Marlena's bio have her from Earth?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • OFCOURSE she's from Earth! This line is called "classics" after all.

112 74.67%
  • EARTH?!?! I want me no Earth mixed in with my Eternia.

38 25.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlena: From Earth?

Marlena: From Earth?

And what is everyone's thoughts on Marlena? I certainly am from the "Earth" school. And in the DC comics she was from Earth, before the filmation cartoon, so Matel can use that history.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'm with ya! What's more special than twins born to the king, by a woman who fell from the stars?

Earth? Abso-posi-tutely!!!

I always thought that her being from "beyond Eternia" meant a great deal in the choice of her twins being the saviors of the Universe. It's prophecy, as far as i'm concerned. This is a must to me.

If Mattel wants me happy, Marlena is from Earth, Cringer is on his way, and the bonus figures will make it into next year's subscription options.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    she's from Earth!

Queen Marlena is indeed from Earth.

That's what we learned when Marlena was first introduced. Why change it now?
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Well, it wasn't that way in the mini-comics, nor 200X...

I am a Filmation fan first, but in this case, I don't mind either way...

ONLY because IF she is done in the MYP way - not from Earth - then that means she can remain the descendant of King Grayskull.

The thing is, if Marlena is from Earth, then Randor has to be the descendant, and I like it more if Marlena is...

but then, I suppose she could be from Earth AND be Grayskull's descendant.. somehow!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Marlena's from Eternia. I was so thrilled when MYP dropped the Earth bit.

I've always hated the Earth connection. I think it makes MOTU a little less mystical whenever Earth interacts with Eternia.

If MOTU ever gets a movie helmed by a hack director, I can see him using Marlena to drop Earth slang every minutes she's on screen.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    How about a third option... she DID fall from the stars in a space-ship and was subsequently saved from the rubble by Randor, we just don't ever get to know WHERE she is from! She can't remember it either, and her gear looks a bit sci-fi so it's left ambigous.

Could be she is from Earth... only from a future earth, since the worm-hole she fell trough leads trough both time and space, or it could be she's from another dimension or planet entirely, which just looks a bit similar to Earth.

Thereby we get to keep the cake, AND eat it. ^^

That's what I would want to see. Could someone please add an option with: "fell from stars in ship, but we don't know from where".

I like the idea of her being an earthling!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but as i recall, she was introduced in the DC comics, and i know in the DC comics she was from Earth, which means the character in her original incarnation.....was from Earth!

From Earth!

I always think it's odd when Toy Guru mentions how that if we don't like the bios, we always have our own canon. I go with whatever the company originally intended. Having said that, if Marlena is said to be 100% Eternian for MOTUC, I'm ignoring it.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Not from earth. I also want King Randor and Queen Marlena to look like they did in the early mini-comics.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Marlena Glenn is from Earth! Let's stick to the classic origin.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Form me from the Earth!

<––––––––I say we're from the same planet.
    – No comment.

I also wan't Marlana to be from earth! (IMO) It makes the story much more intresting & makes He-Man & She-Ra even more special.

If Marlana is from earth then Adam & Adora are genetically unique in the universe, being human / eternian hybreds. Just another reasion why they alone could have been predestined & physicallly able to weild part of the powers of Grayskull. They could have all the strengths of both species and the weaknesses of neither, allowing their bodies to be able to contain such powers and endure the regular transformations into He-Man & She-Ra.

The powers of grayskull could have known that Adam & Adora as the children of the traveler from the stars and heirs to the royal Eternian blood line, would have been able and worthy to hold the swords of power & protection. This is why I love Marlana being from earth, it really does give He-Man & She-Ra something special in their character development, while also making them just that little but more accessable to the movie goers (Perticularly the kids).

Batman is an accessable superhero, thats why I think he is always so popular with kids and adults alike, (you don't have to have super powers to be batman). Anything that helps the audience feel connected to the characters is a good thing in my book! As long as the earth connection is handled carefully & correctly there is no reasion to think it will be cheesey when we see it on film IMO!
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 31, 2009 at 05:42am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

She's one of us ... of course!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I would be thrilled either way. Just to see her released. Randor and Adora are coming soon. Adam will be released no doubt, and hopefully we will get Marlena to complete the royal family.

Court Magician
    I'm very attached to the concept of Marlena coming from Earth, even though I can't think of anything terribly interesting that can be done with it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
    I'm very attached to the concept of Marlena coming from Earth, even though I can't think of anything terribly interesting that can be done with it.
    Yeah. In MYP, Marlena could have came from Earth. It's a subject that never really comes up much unless the character always reminds you of where she comes from like going "Well, back on Earth...".

From Earth for sure. It just makes her seem that much more special. Without being from Earth, she's just Randor's wife, but if she's from Earth, she becomes her own unique character, something that no one else on Eternia is, and that makes her seem just a little bit more magical as a queen.

Earth all the way! It's cool that He-Man and She-Ra have some American blood in their Eternian bones.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Earth all the way! It's cool that He-Man and She-Ra have some American blood in their Eternian bones.
    While I definitely want the Earth background for Marlena, i think it would be a mistake to give her a specific nationality. She should be a representation of humanity, not a specific nation.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    While I definitely want the Earth background for Marlena, i think it would be a mistake to give her a specific nationality. She should be a representation of humanity, not a specific nation.
    If they ever make a cartoon to support MOTUC and Eternians are speaking a version of English, then that narrows down where Marlena is originally from.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If they ever make a cartoon to support MOTUC and Eternians are speaking a version of English, then that narrows down where Marlena is originally from.
    Yeah, but who says she's the one who taught them? I'm siding with the majority here and going with her being from Earth as well. Besides, MOTU spans other planets and galaxies. Why can't Earth be a part of all that?