View Poll Results: Will you buy Filmation figures even if the price will increase ??

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only $1 or $2 in addition

25 18.94%
  • Yes !!! I will buy them all whatever the price.

47 35.61%
  • No, I don't want to pay more for these

42 31.82%
  • No, Filmation Characters don't interest me

18 13.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you pay more for a MOTUC figure with a Filmation design??

Would you pay more for a MOTUC figure with a Filmation design??

In order to get MOTUC Characters from Filmation, I think Four Horsemen and Mattel have to pay more for the rights... (to filmation or anybody having the rights)...

Will you buy such figures even if the price will increase ??

Yes, sure.
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Me too

Yes I'd buy them but not at an outrageous price.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

If it gets me a General Sundar, I'll stand on my head and fart the national anthem. I have ALWAYS wanted him as an official figure and I'd be willing to pay more if they could offer him.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Honestly, the only Filmation characters I would really care about are Prince Adam, Orko, Evilseed, and Queen Marlena, and since all of those are fair game to be made in this new series as it is (and Evilseed will be 200X when/if he's made, woo!), then no. $20 is my maximum for a figure at retail anyway.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

In a heart beat!

After seeing the Hordak immage in Emiliano's picture albums, and hearing about the other Filmation / Classic toy designs he has done: I would willingly pay the same price tag that King Grayskull came with to get characters like Shadow Weaver etc. But we are assuming that Mattel just have to give ER money, (Probably lots) but it might not be that simple. It could be the case that ER will not allow Mattel to make these original Filmation characters period, no matter how much money they offer.

Either way I am not expecting any as it stands. It would be amazing if they could strike a one time deal to allow Mattel to make Filmation inspired renditions of Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Imp, Shekotti, Horde Prime and Madam Razz & Broom for MOTU Classics later down the line. We can at least get the other characters in a different form due to there presence in the original toy line.

But for my money's worth, looking at that Hordak design, Emiliano has got his finger on the style of MOTU Classics designs I would like to see sculpted.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...7&pictureid=62
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 14, 2008 at 12:40pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    It depends for me on who the character is.

I'd pay double for such things as a Filmation Adora and Filmation Sea Hawk. (yes, I'd pay $40 for an Adora and $40 for a Sea Hawk).

I'd pay extra for a Shadow Weaver, General Sundar, and probably a Filmation Marlena style. Perhaps $25 or $30 like King Grayskull was. But $30 is pushing it.

As for Hordak, in the mini comic "The Story of She-Ra" his skin is blue instead of gray.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Well it depends on how much are we talking about.

A buck or two sure more then that then they better come with alot of weapons, extra heads and a BAF!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    It depends for me on who the character is.

I'd pay double for such things as a Filmation Adora and Filmation Sea Hawk.

I'd pay extra for a Shadow Weaver, General Sundar, and probably a Filmation Marlena style

As for Hordak, in the mini comic "The Story of She-Ra" his skin is blue instead of gray.
    Good point Shadow, I totally forgot that! So this might mean Mattel have access to Hordak's Filmation colors. (Fingers crossed)
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Good point Shadow, I totally forgot that! So this might mean Mattel have access to Hordak's Filmation colors. (Fingers crossed)
    Yes, I would love for Hordak to be blue. So, finger's crossed!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Yessssss, blue hordak skin, please!!!!
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

is hordak to be made???

I would pay more for some Filmation characters (Shadow Weaver, Marlena...). I think some characters might sell very well and justify the extra legal costs. Mattell should really consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    is hordak to be made???
    Besides Skeletor he is the second major villian in the MOTU universe, so I most certianly hope he is made. He was mentioned for possible character selection at both of the MOTU panels this year. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Absolutely. Whatever it takes to get Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, Vultak, etc.

I enjoyed Filmation back in the day.
    But even then I had issues with it, and watching it today, It just doesn't hold up for me as much anymore. Some episodes and stories are still quite cool, if you can look past all that stock animation. But all in all Filmation has really lost it's charm on me, so I voted No, the Filmation characters don't thrill me to the point of wanting to pay more for them.

Do I still want a Shadow Weaver figure?
    Yes.
    Do I want one bad enough to pay more for her?
    No.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Mattel could put Shadow Weaver at $ 50-75.00 and I would still pay it for her. It would be worth it to get her into MOTUC (IMO).

I'd say yes, but not for a crazy price. Only a few bucks more.

Yes!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

I would be more than happy to pay a little more if I could finally own a Shadow Weaver!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    No. Shadow Weaver is really the ONLY Filmation character I'm interested in seeing in MOTUC. I'm a PoP fan, but only select characters interest me.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted no for several reasons. Its not just about what I would be willing to pay, as there are a few characters I would pay a bit more for...its about the best thing for the line, and for Mattel to keep it going.

Raising the cost on a line of figures that already has a high price point, even if its for just a few figures, is gonna drive more people away. Its definatly not gonna bring anyone in. And becuase a few of those characters are obscure ones they may not sell many anyway...so charging and extra couple of bucks but selling a lot less really is gonna have the oppisite effect of what it was intended to accomplish.

Also, at 20 bucks a figure, if this line is succesful Mattel will have the money, the budgeted money for the future, and the reasons to justify to the BOD acquiring the rights to make them anyway. So why pay more?

At 20 bucks that is more then enough profit to make it worth picking up the rights, as long as the line does well. If it doesnt do wll then they wont get the rights, and 2 bucks a figure wouldnt really help. And thats true even if you double the cost of the figures.

Not for me thank you. They would have to pay ME to get me to get a Filmation character.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    No. I love the filmation characters, some i love even more than most toy characters. but $20 +shipping is already at my limit.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar