View Poll Results: Which bio would you like Mattel to (possibly) use with Modulok in MOTUC?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) A human who mutates himself, works for Skeletor then joins the Horde(Filmation)

47 41.23%
  • 2) A slave to Skeletor who escapes & joins the Horde(Mini-comics)

41 35.96%
  • 3) Just Shows up with Hordak and the Horde(Star/Marvel Comics)

17 14.91%
  • 4) Prisoner in Prison Star & saved by Hordak(UK Comics)

9 7.89%

Thread: Which bio would you like Mattel to (possibly) use with Modulok in MOTUC?

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

Which bio would you like Mattel to (possibly) use with Modulok in MOTUC?

There are only 3 origins(4 now thanks to Toymaker) I could find for Modulok and each are totally different, so vote for the one you want.

1) A human who mutates himself, works for Skeletor then joins the Horde(Filmation)

Quote Originally Posted by Zadok Angell in the cartoon and features section of the .org

Filmation MOTU Episode 123 "Mistaken Identity"

Adam, Cringer, Teela, and Orko enjoy a picnic in the forest while Tharan and his girlfriend have a date. Kareel's doting on the heroics of He-Man prove prophetic when He-Man saves them all from a Shrieker accidentally aggravated by Cringer. In the royal prison, a scientist Galen Nycroft uses a machine to transform into Modulok. Tharan concocts a plot to make Kareel think he is the secret identity of He-Man. He uses his pet Armi to create Dragosaur sounds in the Crystal Cave. News of the Dragosaur reaches He-Man, who finds nothing in the cave. Kareel sees Tharan enter the cave and He-Man exit the cavern.

Overhearing Tharan admit to Kareel he is He-Man's secret identity, Modulok captures him. Kareel alerts Adam of Tharan's capture, and He-Man investigates. Modulok tries to force Tharan into changing into He-Man by unleashing his Grabber monster on him. Armi leads He-Man and Kareel to Tharan, where He-Man defeats the Grabber and imprisons Modulok.
    His real name was Galen Nycroft(can't blame Mattel for this name, this was Filmations fault).By the time we get a Modulok Figure Mattel should have the Filmation Right IMO

"Mistaken Identity"
    2) A slave to Skeletor who escapes & joins the Horde(Mini-comics)

"The Treachery of Modulok" which came with the figure and the one origin Mattel has the rights to now.

Quote Originally Posted by From the .org MOTU Mini-comic archives

"The Treachery of Modulok"

Modulok comes to the Fright Zone with a plan to take over Eternia, with the help of some forbidden weapons, located in the palace.

He packs himself in a box and leaves it on the palace doorstep and the heroes bring it inside, look at the contents (Modulok unassembled), and can't make heads or tails of it. So they take it to Castle Grayskull.

While they sleep, Modulok reassembles himself and acquires an invincible shield weapon from the Room of Forbidden Weapons, giving it to Hordak.

Hordak then uses it to attack Grayskull, but Skeletor appears, too, to do the same thing. Basically, He-Man saves the day using his Thunder Punch power, given to him by the Sorceress.
    The Treachery of Modulok!

3) Just Shows up with Hordak and the Horde(Star/Marvel Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by From the .org MOTU Marvel/Star comic archives

Marvel/Star Comics Masters of the Universe Issue 1, Vol. 1, May, 1986 "The Coming of Hordak"

Though it is toted as a "collector's item," the first issue of the 13-issue series is hardly that. As the story begins, Skeletor seals the interplanetary gate between Eternia and Etheria to stop Hordak from coming.

In the meantime, Adam and Teela are practicing their mid-air fighting skills. The Sorceress alerts Adam to danger, and he rushes to Grayskull. There, he finds Skeletor trying to dig into Grayskull with the Terror Claws of Allocca.

Maybe you should re-read that last sentence.

Anyway, Skeletor takes Zoar as hostage, and Orko says an incantation for help, and he gets something he didn't bargain for: Hordak and the Horde show up. A battle ensues, and eventually Hordak captures everyone and imprisons them on Etheria.

They break free, of course, and, after a brief skirmish with the worm monster, Orko says an incantation to take them all home. They arrive to find Hordak beating Skeletor in a duel of magic. The heroes stop Hordak and he returns to Etheria, while Skeletor curses them for helping.
    He just showed up with Hordak, Mantanna, Grizzlor, and Leech, no origin past that. I also believe Mattel will have the rights to this by the figure gets made IMO.

01 -The Coming of Hordak!

4) Prisoner in Prison Star & saved by Hordak(UK Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker and 1988 Masters of the Universe Annual in the UK MOTU Magazine Archives
    There was another origin in the UK comics.

Galen Nycroft was an inventor who used his inventions in a crime spree around the galaxy, making him a most wanted fugitive. He was tricked when a diamond was advertised, yet when he went to steal it, gas went off knocking him unconscious, and he was taken to Prison Star.

During his time in Prison Star, Nycroft organised a riot, so that the guards would be busy whilst he broke into a labratory, where he was going to make a potion to change his shape, so that he could escape, but it was only due to be temporary, however guards found him before he had finished, and he dropped the potion on himself, turning into Modulok.

In the confusion, he managed to reach a ship and get away. He would have been caught and taken back, but Hordak was watching and used his magic to bring him to Eternia
    1988 Masters of the Universe Annual

All quotes are used for reference and this poll is mostly for fun. I am using a single choice secret ballod type poll so pick the one you like and post below if you wish to discuss the topic further. (I personally like option 3.)

Thank You Toymaker, MossMan710179, and guitargod694 for helping with this post and the .org in general.
    Last edited by griffen112182; January 7, 2011 at 03:40am. Reason: added links and pics to actual page info on He-Man.org
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

This is one where I have to give it to Filmation, hands down. I hope they nail down the rights eventually so we get this story.

A slave to Skeletor escape and join for Hordak!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I'd combine the origins myself. Here's how my bio for him would go. i hate the 'he just showed up out of nowhere' stories. i like in depth background origins/bios.

Modulok - evil beast of a thousand bodies.

Modulok was once a scientist named Gaylen Nycroft (imprisoned for past crimes) who builds a machine (in his prison cell, with help from a small assistant) to give himself powers. He winds up turning himelf into a monster, which can change into various shapes by rearranging his body parts- & even separate into two entities. After working alone a few times, he later joins up with Skeletor. Skeletor gets angry at him for failing several missions at the hands of He-man, so he imprisons him in his dungeon & makes him his 'slave'.

Modulok eventually escapes, turns on Skeletor by joining up with Hordak, after following He-man through a portal to Etheria. Occasionally Modulok works alone, but also enjoys working with Hordak who doesn't treat him quite as badly as skeletor did, and appreciates his scientific knowledge. Modulok eventually builds his own version of the perfect servant - Multibot, which can combine with its creator to become the biggest threat our heroes have seen yet.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I voted #2, but I would like to see a combination of 1 and 2, personally.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I hope a Ring as bonus accessory The Ring which controls Modulok !!!!
    Or a 2-pack with Hordak. !!!

Heroic Warrior
    This would be one of the only times I really don't care.

I do think the Filmation version is crafty.

Darth Bong

The minicomics version for me!
    Modulok is one of my fav characters.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

There was another origin in the UK comics.

Galen Nycroft was an inventor who used his inventions in a crime spree around the galaxy, making him a most wanted fugitive. He was tricked when a diamond was advertised, yet when he went to steal it, gas went off knocking him unconscious, and he was taken to Prison Star.

During his time in Prison Star, Nycroft organised a riot, so that the guards would be busy whilst he broke into a labratory, where he was going to make a potion to change his shape, so that he could escape, but it was only due to be temporary, however guards found him before he had finished, and he dropped the potion on himself, turning into Modulok.

In the confusion, he managed to reach a ship and get away. He would have been caught and taken back, but Hordak was watching and used his magic to bring him to Eternia
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

Request To Moderators and ToyMaker

MossMan710179 or guitargod694 could you please add the following option to my poll at the top of this thread thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Toymaker thanks for the info I will add your Bio info for Modulok to my post at the top as a fourth choice. Still need your help though, Do you have the year and issue number for that magazine(do not need cover art), also need to know what pages the story is on and what the title for both the story and the magazine are. If you could do this it would be a great help.
    Last edited by griffen112182; October 8, 2009 at 03:20am.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I'd combine the origins myself. Here's how my bio for him would go. i hate the 'he just showed up out of nowhere' stories. i like in depth background origins/bios.

Modulok - evil beast of a thousand bodies.

Modulok was once a scientist named Gaylen Nycroft (imprisoned for past crimes) who builds a machine (in his prison cell, with help from a small assistant) to give himself powers. He winds up turning himelf into a monster, which can change into various shapes by rearranging his body parts- & even separate into two entities. After working alone a few times, he later joins up with Skeletor. Skeletor gets angry at him for failing several missions at the hands of He-man, so he imprisons him in his dungeon & makes him his 'slave'.

Modulok eventually escapes, turns on Skeletor by joining up with Hordak, after following He-man through a portal to Etheria. Occasionally Modulok works alone, but also enjoys working with Hordak who doesn't treat him quite as badly as skeletor did, and appreciates his scientific knowledge. Modulok eventually builds his own version of the perfect servant - Multibot, which can combine with its creator to become the biggest threat our heroes have seen yet.
    I voted #2 but I find Multibot's Origin to be quite satisfying.

Thanks For Sharing It, Multibot! Modulok would be well pleased in the work of his creation!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

I love the UK - version. It is the story I knew when I was young.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Option 1 for me. Altough the Uk version of Modulok is great!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Since he has a real name the Bio just has to say:

If they create a silly new name, I won't use it and the whole MOTUC Bio canon falls apart for me. Don't mess this up Mattel because we all know he already has a name...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    But they can't use Nycroft. That's from Filmation.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    works for Skeletor as Nycroft then later is mutated & then joins Hordak & is named Modulok.

I don't really like that it was a Skeletor henchmen, so I voted for the UK comics version.

please discuss this more!

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But they can't use Nycroft. That's from Filmation.
    I know this is an older post but I mustve missed it. I asked this question just to be sure it was available.

5. Count Marzo:
    Is "Galen Nycroft" an available real name for Modulok when and if you get to him?

Currently, we do not have a trademark on this name, but if it is available when, and if, we get to Modulok this is the name we would want to use based on the 1987 licensor kits!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

That pretty much the same as the style guide so I think they will use that. Would be nice if they also said something like he briefly worked with Skeletor before joning the Horde.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Have we seen the bio for him yet? I've tried searching for it and can't find it.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I voted for Filmation but frankly I cannot see why Classics couldnt combine Star & Filmation origins. Basically the same anyway.

I want Galen Nycroft to create himself as Modulock, which those two stories show. I prefer what you revealed about Prison Star. Do that.

But specifically voted Filmation if for no other reason that I am not familiar with the comic you describe.