Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor packaging / Crushed or Damaged figures due to UPS or Matt Collector

Heroic Warrior

Poor packaging / Crushed or Damaged figures due to UPS or Matt Collector

You would think that with this supposed to be a collector website that they would want these products shipped collector grade.. OF COURSE NOT..

They package these figures with only padding on the top and put them flush to the side of a box with no other padding.. and send them through the usps from puerto rico..

The worst part.. Econo post doesnt get refunds because there is no tracking.. when I call the 800# tomorrow to refund my 91.80 or I will contact my credit card company and reverse the charge..

and Mattycollector doesnt have their own forum.. what a surprize they dont want people to tell everyone else how I think their service and products are currently lacking.
    Http://www.rickstoyroom.com My Website - Newly redesigned
    http://flickr.com/photos/shdwknt My Toy Collection

Mine came the same way. Packed like junk, and the figures inside being just as bad with loose joints and warped parts. I'm pretty down about it to be honest. I thought these things were gonna get here and blow me away at how awesome they were. Not be let down by how bad they are.

I had the same problem, my Beasty had a bum leg so I called Matty customer service and while I had to pay to send him back ($8.00 via USPS label they provided) they are gonna send me a new one (well hopefully).

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Soulfly:

Same here.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HE-Fan78 View Post
    I had the same problem, my Beasty had a bum leg so I called Matty customer service and while I had to pay to send him back ($8.00 via USPS label they provided) they are gonna send me a new one (well hopefully).
    Im sorry.. did you say $8.00 you had to pay to ship him back.. I will call my credit card company and dispute the charge if they think that I am going to pay to ship back this stuff.
    Http://www.rickstoyroom.com My Website - Newly redesigned
    http://flickr.com/photos/shdwknt My Toy Collection

i received 10 figures in total. every single one of them had at least one point of damage on the card. though i didn't expect the cards to be absolutely flawless, none of them are even close to a C9. i have crumpled corners, creases on the cards, even small tears on the cards. it really is ridiculous. if i'm paying $20 per figure and this is supposedly a "collector" line, than why am i receiving damaged merchandise? Mattel knows people will be buying figures to keep MOC, yet they decided to use very flimsy cardboard for the boxes and then decided to do a **** poor packing job. if the packing was done the right way and the cards came to be in excellent condition, than i wouldn't care as much about the flimsy cardboard. i will definitely be contacting them and either asking for a refund or a return for new figures and i refuse to pay return shipping. like i said before, for $20 a figure, i nor anyone else should have to go through this.

I haven't gotten mine yet, but as a MOC collector I find this very disheartening to hear. If mine arrive like this, I won't be collecting this line. It sounds like they don't care about the MOC collector by packaging these so poorly.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Haven't gotten mine yet, but had this problem with the first order (trashed Giganta package, and I'm talking smashed and split apparently BEFORE it was shipped). The packing was very poor, though, and I felt lucky Grayskull's packaging was okay (it was lying on the bottom of the box, and nothing between it and the bottom); sounds like it hasn't improved.

Glad I'm a loose collector...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

10. MOC collectors like to buy figures in person to get the best condition possible. Having to order sight-unseen through a website worries MOC collectors. How well are these carded figures going to be packaged before they are sent out to avoid damage while getting to collectors?
    This is a question that Toyguru is suppose to answer in the next Q&A. I will be pretty interested in his response, as it sounds like the packing is very poor.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Just to make a clarification. These are NOT being shipped from Puerto Rico. I called Matty Cust. Service yesterday and a very nice rep. told me that that is a glitch on a part of Digital River or whatever that company is called. They are all shipping out of California for the most part. So if you see Puerto Rico such as was my Invoice, it is a glitch.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    Just to make a clarification. These are NOT being shipped from Puerto Rico. I called Matty Cust. Service yesterday and a very nice rep. told me that that is a glitch on a part of Digital River or whatever that company is called. They are all shipping out of California for the most part. So if you see Puerto Rico such as was my Invoice, it is a glitch.
    ill second that, i got off the phone with them a few hours ago and they assured me they were being shipped from Cali.

I sure hope mine is ok as i am a MOMC collector

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sToyFan View Post
    ill second that, i got off the phone with them a few hours ago and they assured me they were being shipped from Cali.

I sure hope mine is ok as i am a MOMC collector
    Me too! I collect MOMC and I'm just crossing my fingers, eyes, toes and everything else!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i received 10 figures in total. every single one of them had at least one point of damage on the card. though i didn't expect the cards to be absolutely flawless, none of them are even close to a C9. i have crumpled corners, creases on the cards, even small tears on the cards. it really is ridiculous. if i'm paying $20 per figure and this is supposedly a "collector" line, than why am i receiving damaged merchandise? Mattel knows people will be buying figures to keep MOC, yet they decided to use very flimsy cardboard for the boxes and then decided to do a **** poor packing job. if the packing was done the right way and the cards came to be in excellent condition, than i wouldn't care as much about the flimsy cardboard. i will definitely be contacting them and either asking for a refund or a return for new figures and i refuse to pay return shipping. like i said before, for $20 a figure, i nor anyone else should have to go through this garbage. way to go mattel. great job right out the gate.

That is the reason that make me order another Beastman. If I want my money back I have to send the figure back to them and I have to pay the shipping. They told me, only the price of the figure is going to be refund, $20.00. I lose the first and second shipping money here. That's why I order another BM. If the new figure have the same problem....

One shouldn't have to pay to ship them back when they got damaged because of THEIR poor packing. That is poor customer service IMO.

Both of my figures have badly damaged cards. I guess that makes the decision to open them easier. It also makes the decision to not buy these easier. I'm thinking Skeletor is the last one I'll order. Don't get me wrong the figures are GREAT! That said they are NOT worth over $25 per figure including shipping. Especially when the packaging arrives damaged.

I'm also not digging the fact that if I do get a damaged figure then I'm out even more $$$ to get a replacement. I'm not going to do that.

Is it too much to ask to pay a premium price to get a quality product in good packaging without luck being a major player?

I think I'll start praying for a good Skeletor now.... maybe it will help....

Um.., I can't help but feel a little responsible about this I posted this in another thread Monday and though I was just being too anal and harsh on Mattel but wow, I guess I'm not the only one. I'm gonna call them Friday and send them back and argue why I should not be charged for the damaged items.

Yeah, I have a pretty similar issue. I'm not familiar with the whole AFA card grade scale but I'd have to say that on a 10 scale, my two best cards are about a 8. My two worst are about a 4. I bought 2 of each, one to keep MOC and the other to open. Fortunately the 2 that are the worst damaged are not the same figure.

Perhaps they should institute what other online stores like BBTS have - a system that grades packaging before they send product out and a way for MOC folks to pay a little more to get the most pristine packaging and extra care in packing the items for shipping.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Considering the price folks are already paying, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least a decent package. I wouldn't expect to always get something pristine, but what I'm hearing here sounds bad.

I never pay BBTS for graded items as I'm a loose collector, but even mass market stuff arrives in good condition or better from them. I've never received something packed like or in the condition of my first Matty order. On a few occassions, they offered damaged packages at a discount price ,which was fine as I knew what I was getting.

Competent shipping shouldn't be a premium service, it should be a given, especially with a collector's line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Not disputing that. For the price, the packing should be done with care out of courtesy and good business. But a system like BBTS takes it a step further and garauntees a mint package or you the buyer has a legit beef because they paid for an extra service. But hey, I open my stuff so what do I know.

Thats the thing that gets me the most. If I, or anyone else wants replacements, we have to pay for it. We have to take the time to deal with a CS rep, just to be able to send them back. THEN we have to pay for shipping back to Mattel. Then wait even longer, and hope what you get back is better than you got the first time. It's a joke really. I think it sticks people into just keeping bum stuff from Mattel rather than blow more money on it. Why should I have to pay another 8-10 dollar to ship the stuff back to Mattel? It wasn't my fault He-mans leg is bent horribly. It's not my fault Beastman can't stand up. It's not my fault these were packaged horribly by the shipping department and came all beat up.

I can tell you right now this. I would have passed on these had I seen them in the store. One, because I would have been able to pass on damaged figures before buying them. Second, I wouldn't have bought such beat up cards. If online is going to be the only way to get these things then Mattel needs to fix the problems.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Imagine an international collector, if they had to send it back, they wouldnt, from Australia atlest $20 odd dollars, just not worth it which is crap when your keeping them MOC.

This reminds me of the CRAP packaging job AFX did on the classic colours sorceress staction, my bubble was all pushed in.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Man, I haven't gotten mine yet. But if mine are as beat up and can't stand or have bent/warped body parts. I will be sending them back and NOT PAYING for shipping...I will cancel the visa transaction if thats the case!!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Imagine an international collector, if they had to send it back, they wouldnt, from Australia atlest $20 odd dollars, just not worth it which is crap when your keeping them MOC.

This reminds me of the CRAP packaging job AFX did on the classic colours sorceress staction, my bubble was all pushed in.
    An international customer can only cry...

And if he really wants an other figure he just have to buy it again... Or try to negociate, but I doubt it works...

I had a problem with the volume 2 of MYP... I bought it again, it was cheaper

If I get beat up cards and faulty figures, I'm done with this line. You can count on that. And I will not pay to ship them back for replacements.

Whomever said that is poor customer service is dead-on right. My wife orders clothes and shoes from (the name escapes me) all the time and they pay for all returns - no fees at all. And the wife tells me this company is rated as one of the best in the business for online orders.

My budget only allows me to buy one of these and I really wanted them MOC. This is disheartening to say the least.