Thread: Casual Randor question

Casual Randor question

Okay, wasn't sure where to post this but since it refers to Randor in all areas of the MOTUniverse, this place is as good as any.

My question is, just how far of a reach is Randor's rule? I mean, we hear he's King of Eternia, or King of Eternos, but does that mean he just has rule over Eternos, or the entire freaking planet?

I mean there are several other ruling parties in MOTU, counts, barons, kings, queens, etc.... Do they answer to Randor or are they all of a seperate rule of their own who Randor has no say over?

Kinda curious so...discuss!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Interesting question.

I'd say he's the leader of the entire planet, appointed by the Elders, which all the good races of Eternia recognize (Spuleans, Caligars, Avionians, Andrenids, etc.). However, the more evil races (Snake Men) don't recognize his rule.

I always thought Randor was the high King, sort of an Arthur figure, of the entire planet, while individual kingdoms were led by their own kings who all reported to randor, and came to each other's defence as needed.

I'd say Eternia, or Eternos, is a kingdom that takes it's name from the planet itself, and that is where he rules. Beyond the borders of that kingdom are different, smaller kingdoms of different people with their own rulers. ie: Caligars, etc.

Kind of makes one wonder; in the original mythos, the true "King" would be the only one to freely access Grayskull and its power. Now, if this King were to come during his reign, would his reign as King of Eternia be at an end?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Movie mayhem!
    well... he can only rule over half the planet. The dark hemisphere isn't his.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    I'd say Eternia, or Eternos, is a kingdom that takes it's name from the planet itself, and that is where he rules. Beyond the borders of that kingdom are different, smaller kingdoms of different people with their own rulers. ie: Caligars, etc.
    this. of course, i tend to fall more towards MYP continuity and in the second season it suggests there were many other kingdoms.

I had the idea that Eternos was the Eternian version of Camelot.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Interesting question.

I'd say he's the leader of the entire planet, appointed by the Elders, which all the good races of Eternia recognize (Spuleans, Caligars, Avionians, Andrenids, etc.). However, the more evil races (Snake Men) don't recognize his rule.
    I totally agree. In my head, this is how it goes.

I always thought he was a High King as well.

Hahaha, I thought this was going to be a thread about what Randor wears when he's not in his king clothes.