Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 23 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Patreek!
Thanks to him for his help!
1. Thus far in the bios, we have read about King Grayskull, He-ro, Eldor and Hordak in what could be considered the past (like Preternia), and we've read about about events from the present with He-man and Skeletor. Are we going to find out about events from the future? Yes. And not to far from now…
2. With the 2010 Eternia Club Subscription many International fans chose "ground shipping" but "UPS shipping" was charged instead, with higher shipping costs. Will Mattel fix this?
And with the added shipping options announced for international customers, will club international Eternia Club Subscription members be able to alter their shipping method on the fly the same way they can alter addresses and credit card details? If you have any problems with your order and were charged the incorrect shipping please just contact our customer service at 1 877 GO MATTY. And we will have email customer service coming very soon. And yes, you can change your shipping method for the subscription during the year.
3. When the SDCC Exclusives went on sale, there was a single order page featuring collectibles from all of Mattel's toy lines, which made it very convenient for fans of multiple brands to order quickly from one page. On December 15th there will be six different collector-oriented items going up for sale, so will this option be made available again? Yes, we are going to try to do this whenever there are multiple items on sale.
4. We know that we will see a NA character in 2010 but the Snakemen have been unrepresented. Will we see a member of the Snakemen in 2010? It too early to comment on anything for 2010, other than what has already been revealed.
5. Fans were surprised to see that October's Zodak figure is not coming with a 2nd head sculpt, as shown on his bio art. If Mattel has no plans to include new head sculpts in the upcoming accessories pack, is there a chance we can see a new Zodak head sculpt packaged with another figure, or given out as a bonus to those signed up to the subscription plan, or possibly in "head packs" down the road? Fans would love to see characters like Zodak and Faker, two that are simple repaints, get some extra heads sculpts. Doing new head sculpts on Zodak or Faker would be great ways to refresh these figures down the line. We don’t have plans to include heads of different characters packed in with other characters however.
6. What did the Girls Team at Mattel have to say when you all mentioned there was interest in She-Ra and other POP/MOTU characters as Barbies? They were excited to hear there was demand for this.
7. It has been stated by Mattel that since MOTUC is doing very well, figures requiring more new sculpting will likely be produced. Teela was the only "all-new" sculpt for 2009. Will there be more all-new sculpts in 2010 (such as Ram-Man and Man-E-Faces)? If so, who and/or how many sculpts might we expect? We will continue to use shared tooling in 2010 and therehere may be some figures that may have “more” new parts then others. As for Ram Man, we will get to him eventually, but not in 2010.
8. Why has the muscle shading on the figures been stopped? Webstor, Tri-Klops, He-Ro don't seem to have any shading or highlights on their bodies or armor. They stand out in comparison to other MOTUC figures who had lots of shading and detail. The shading is handled on a figure by figure basis. We’ll pass this comment on to design and the Horsemen.
9. Fans are noticing spelling changes to some of the character names. For example Scare Glow is now Scareglow. Can you give us some information on why we are seeing these changes? We do our best to preserve the original spellings as much as possible, however sometimes we need to make adjustments due to a variety of factors.
10. With MOTUC making all things he-man more popular, will any of the past cartoons or the 80's live action movie see a re-release on DVD and, even better, on Blu Ray? Many fans would love to see He-Man in HD! No plans as of yet. We’ll let everyone know if anything changes.