Sad to read no Ram-man in 2010.I am still holding onto hope for Buzz-off,Sorceress and Spikor in 2010.
Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 23 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Patreek!
Thanks to him for his help!
1. Thus far in the bios, we have read about King Grayskull, He-ro, Eldor and Hordak in what could be considered the past (like Preternia), and we've read about about events from the present with He-man and Skeletor. Are we going to find out about events from the future?
Yes. And not to far from now…
2. With the 2010 Eternia Club Subscription many International fans chose "ground shipping" but "UPS shipping" was charged instead, with higher shipping costs. Will Mattel fix this?
And with the added shipping options announced for international customers, will club international Eternia Club Subscription members be able to alter their shipping method on the fly the same way they can alter addresses and credit card details?
If you have any problems with your order and were charged the incorrect shipping please just contact our customer service at 1 877 GO MATTY. And we will have email customer service coming very soon. And yes, you can change your shipping method for the subscription during the year.
3. When the SDCC Exclusives went on sale, there was a single order page featuring collectibles from all of Mattel's toy lines, which made it very convenient for fans of multiple brands to order quickly from one page. On December 15th there will be six different collector-oriented items going up for sale, so will this option be made available again?
Yes, we are going to try to do this whenever there are multiple items on sale.
4. We know that we will see a NA character in 2010 but the Snakemen have been unrepresented. Will we see a member of the Snakemen in 2010?
It too early to comment on anything for 2010, other than what has already been revealed.
5. Fans were surprised to see that October's Zodak figure is not coming with a 2nd head sculpt, as shown on his bio art. If Mattel has no plans to include new head sculpts in the upcoming accessories pack, is there a chance we can see a new Zodak head sculpt packaged with another figure, or given out as a bonus to those signed up to the subscription plan, or possibly in "head packs" down the road? Fans would love to see characters like Zodak and Faker, two that are simple repaints, get some extra heads sculpts.
Doing new head sculpts on Zodak or Faker would be great ways to refresh these figures down the line. We don’t have plans to include heads of different characters packed in with other characters however.
6. What did the Girls Team at Mattel have to say when you all mentioned there was interest in She-Ra and other POP/MOTU characters as Barbies?
They were excited to hear there was demand for this.
7. It has been stated by Mattel that since MOTUC is doing very well, figures requiring more new sculpting will likely be produced. Teela was the only "all-new" sculpt for 2009. Will there be more all-new sculpts in 2010 (such as Ram-Man and Man-E-Faces)? If so, who and/or how many sculpts might we expect?
We will continue to use shared tooling in 2010 and therehere may be some figures that may have “more” new parts then others. As for Ram Man, we will get to him eventually, but not in 2010.
8. Why has the muscle shading on the figures been stopped? Webstor, Tri-Klops, He-Ro don't seem to have any shading or highlights on their bodies or armor. They stand out in comparison to other MOTUC figures who had lots of shading and detail.
The shading is handled on a figure by figure basis. We’ll pass this comment on to design and the Horsemen.
9. Fans are noticing spelling changes to some of the character names. For example Scare Glow is now Scareglow. Can you give us some information on why we are seeing these changes?
We do our best to preserve the original spellings as much as possible, however sometimes we need to make adjustments due to a variety of factors.
10. With MOTUC making all things he-man more popular, will any of the past cartoons or the 80's live action movie see a re-release on DVD and, even better, on Blu Ray? Many fans would love to see He-Man in HD!
No plans as of yet. We’ll let everyone know if anything changes.
Click here to ask questions in Round 25!
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 23 questions!
Sad to read no Ram-man in 2010.I am still holding onto hope for Buzz-off,Sorceress and Spikor in 2010.
My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Land Shark 3) Road Ripper
Cool news about the subscription as hopefully will be able to change to tracking shipping for when Wun-Dar comes in march as dont want him lost then back to cheap shipping for the rest
This one was incredibly un-informative. A lot of "maybe, maybe not" answers. Disappointed in this round. Especially with the spelling question (#9). They didn't give an answer! Wasted questions except for the fact that we know we won't see Ram Man.
My feedback thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...36#post2355036
Great Traders!: kenobi96, engineer pwns, ByThePowerOf..., Amberbratt, REX-203, greyskull1, PowerOfGreyskull, Igorr, Stickfa, Beeto Bot, SKULLnBONES, JustariusX, tmthor, no_frills_inc, and KalesDad.
I bet you the figs we see in 2010 are...
Buzz Off/Whip Lash (Same fig)
Man-E-Faces/Trap Jaw (already noted for Feb I think?)
Stinkor-/Meck A neck
thats.. 6.. leaving 1 open for N/A and 1 POP figure
since Jan/Feb/Mar/April have been announced.
Adora./Trap Jaw/Moss Man/Wun-Dar (Bonus)
We have battle cat/Panthor coming..
that leaves 1 slot open..
I wonder who it could be...... I hope that it is someone cool!
does anyone like my line up? or do u think its crappy? :P
not including the 'bonus' figures. (KGS, KGS, KGS!)
I wonder if they are going to make Adora/POP from the future not so far into the future as NA though.I am hoping they stick pretty close to the early stuff(secret of the sword) for Adora's bio .I do wonder if mattel might change it to where they were not born at the same time.
I can't think of any character that we are getting soon that could have a future bio.I wonder if the name that Tallstar found will belong to this charcter with a future origin.
Last edited by Vorgon; September 19, 2009 at 03:33pm.
Nothing too revealing there but what's this junk about POP characters as Barbie's!? Does that mean rooted hair!? God PLEASE NO!! Sculputed!!
As for "future" bios maybe Rio Blast!? he's the only one, for some reason, that I would consider "future" characters. Jitsu? Ninjor?
The Goddess may be from the future... she may be a time traveler.
A lot of lame answers But, to be honest, not many great questions... I guess it's hard to ask, since whatever we'd want to know about the future of the line is always shrouded in secrecy.
It'd be nice to get just one absolute reveal each round... or at least a strong clue. We don't really have anything to debate/mull over from this round.
A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...
"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade
"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne
Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!
erm, why are you all thinking ppl like rio blast are from the future for insight into the future? I would've thought that was just an blatant "new adventures is coming" hint.
he-ro is the past era
he-man is the present era
new adventures is the future era.
I wonder if NA he-man will be changed to being he-man's son or something like he-ro was in the original filmation bible or if it'll just be the same adam jetting off to the future
Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head
Flogg or Optikk for the future info. I bet !
Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
Positive Trade with : Thehorde,
That would be AWESOME. I didn't like the NA toon as a sequel (although I did enjoy it a lot as an "alternate universe") so I always used the NA toys which I really did like to create the sequel for the original He-Man and in that story the NA He-Man was Adora's son. I even customized a cousin for him...she was quite pretty.
Last edited by Arthur; September 20, 2009 at 03:29pm.
JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
Since the figures are selling good, I thought maybe we'd get Ram Man sooner. Bummer. I'd guess Optikk or Slush Head for the NA character. I'm surprised that they can't tell us if one of the Snakemen is coming this year considering they have everything pretty much planned out. They don't need to tell us which ones, but it would be nice to know in general if one is coming out.
Disappointing answers to disappointing questions. No offense meant to those who originated those questions
I am happy about question 1 because I have a thing for Preternia
I think Ram-Man is going to be a carrot. He will be the last "big name" character to get made so people stay with the line
i hope this means we get an NA figure pronto...well at least around april or so since other figs are already announced up to then
I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!
I understand the annoyance folks have over duplicate questions or obvious answers, but I have to say it's disheartening to see some of you making sweeping negative comments about all of the questions that were asked.
For the record, question #6 about the Barbies was mine. Now maybe you're not interested in POP/MOTU as Barbies, which is completely fine, but to lump it together as a 'disappointing question' when it's something that's never been asked before?
Also, it's not as if I could flat-out ask them if we're getting some POP/MOTU Barbies without getting the standard type of responses. So, I thought it would be beneficial to ask in a different way so we could get an idea what our chances are of getting them.
"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."
To those who complain about the questions asked:
please keep those opinions to yourself.
The negative remarks about fan questions submitted needs to stop. That's outright disrespectful.
In the future, we'll be deleting those types of comments.
If you truly don't like the questions other fans are asking, then start submitting questions yourself if you think you know what should be asked.
The things of interest to me in this WTFWTK answers are :
1. The NA character is coming soon
2. Mattel doesn't want to say a thing about the Snakemen or about what comes after March
3. Retooled characters will still be used in 2010 (say hello to Jitsu, Evil-Lyn, Fisto, Ninjor, Stinkor, Prince Adam, Clamp Champ etc.)
4. Unique characters like Ram Man etc. won't be produced in 2010
Last edited by Spectror; September 20, 2009 at 02:49pm.