Thread: Toy Story That Time Forgot

Toy Story That Time Forgot

The Toy Story gang seem to be up against some snake-men looking characters with MOTU-inspired players in their new short!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Picture ?

Link ?

It looks really cool. I hope that the figures coming out are in MOTUC scale. The "snake-men looking" characters called the Battlesaurs are actually Dinosaur characters not snake. My gripe with this short is that it only concentrates on a few characters: Buzz, Woody, Trixie, and Rex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Picture ?

Link ?
    Google still works.

Today, I saw these figures at Wal-Mart.

Wow, I'd have loved those as a kid. Makes me wonder if they'd sell MOTU better right now if it was cartoony like that. Even Transformers did the hyper stylized toon versions for a bit. I'm looking forward to the special at least.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Thanks for the pics - I'm too un-tech-savvy to do that!

Just look - near-vintage looking box designs and characters that could double for Bionatops, Lizard-Man, Rattlor (especially 200X's 'The General!) and the Dragon Walker. I may just snap these up - someone at PIXAR is clearly a "MOTU-Head"! ;-)
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    Today, I saw these figures at Wal-Mart.

**images removed**

These are Walmart exclusives in case anyone is wondering. Why? Who knows? Pretty stupid considering how popular the franchise is today.

I'm going to pick them up for sure. Mattel's Toy Story stuff is actually really great. I'll have to wait and see how well they look with MOTUC. If they fit in, I'll be buying a bunch.

EDIT:

THE BAD:I just noticed that these figures have very limited articulation. UGH! I found a review on youtube for them and they're pretty bad. I'm passing. Goliathon though looks great.

THE GOOD: Thinkway is supposedly coming out with figures too but will likely be 1:1 scale so they won't be in MOTUC scale.
    Last edited by Bonehead; December 1, 2014 at 01:37pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    THE GOOD: Thinkway is supposedly coming out with figures too but will likely be 1:1 scale so they won't be in MOTUC scale.
    It appears that Thinkway is only releasing Woody and Buzz in their armour. And yes, they're "true scale", so 12" to 16". I don't think they plan on releasing any of the Battlesaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    It appears that Thinkway is only releasing Woody and Buzz in their armour. And yes, they're "true scale", so 12" to 16". I don't think they plan on releasing any of the Battlesaurs.
    Not true. They have said they have "more surprises coming."

The Buzz and Woody's in their armor are TRU exclusives. The Battlesaurs are rumored to be Disney Store Exclusives for later in the year. Probably to coincide with the inevitable DVD release in 2015.

I just wish they'd do a 1:1 "regular" Trixie. It's the biggest hole in my my TSC along with Stinky Pete who only had that overseas release by Medicom or Jun Planning that now goes for over $1,000. I hesitated at $300. Stupid! Stupid!
    Last edited by Bonehead; December 1, 2014 at 09:15pm.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    It would be cool to see those Battlesaurs dudes in the more 6"ish scale that they used to do Toy Story figures in (like Twitch!). I'm pretty bummed that they did these in 4".