Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robo Force

Oh yeah! I've still got Maxx and some blue one with a helecopter head (well, sorta...the copter blades broke off a long time ago). Loved the things, but I never got more than the two figures.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I think I've got the whole series stashed away somewhere. I'm planning on putting them on eBay when/if I find them.
    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 5872 5712 0970 1915 (let me know if you're adding me)
    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PS3 User ID: KidTDragon

Love this line and hope to finish off my boxed set someday. 6 down 4 to go
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Warner Archive on facebook about the Robo Force cartoon:

We've been wanting to release this for some time. All indications indicate that we still have all the rights, but we're waiting for official confirmation of this, specifically home video rights. If our assumpions are accurate, we have several unique ideas as to how to make this available. Stay tuned!
    My guess is that they'd put it on a disc with a couple other specials.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    were these ever released in the UK? because some of them look an awful lot like some toys I used to have when I was little but it was years ago and I can't recall if they are exactly the same.
    Yes, they were available in the UK.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

I've got all the good guys from that series, but they are yellowing badly.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I looked into getting some of these recently, but prices for nice condition copies are quite expensive and it's one of those cases where the age of the toys is a detriment- they relied a lot on thin plastic tubing for the arms and that stuff split easily even back then, and the arm brace pieces are also fragile. Taking these toys apart for repair isn't even all that easy and some bits aren't made to be disassembled. Plus stickers seem to go missing or are damaged and no one makes replicas of those stickers as I can tell. It's an 80s line I'd love to get into, but between the costs and fragility I just don't think I can invest into them.

I sort of wish it'd get a revival, but the rights are probably lost forever, and it's one of those cases where "everything from then EXCEPT FOR THIS..." can come back.

Cool line, have a complete collection. A few are harder to get than others. Haven't been watching them in quite a few years though to see where prices are at.
    Visit The Action Figure Archive Forums to discuss, buy, sell & trade action figure lines of the 70s, 80s & 90s. Remember to checkout the action figure guide and online store on the site as well!

Check out my trade feedback here

Robo force is back, brought to you by the same guys who just brought back Mordles

http://toyfinity.blogspot.com/

Officially coming in October, but there are a few on sale right now at NYCC, all Glyos compatible
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Is this an official release? Are they like M.U.S.C.L.E.S.? I'm not sure what Glyos is.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Is this an official release? Are they like M.U.S.C.L.E.S.? I'm not sure what Glyos is.
    Glyos is the system of interchangeable parts created by Matt Doughty and Onell Design. It is used in Spy Monkeys Weaponeers of Monkaa figures, the Four Horseman's Power Lords and Outer Space Men as well as a variety of other lines. It allows you to have one toy but if you feel like it build with other lines that use the same system into new builds and new characters.

And yes this is an official release, John Kent and his company Toyfinity LLC bought the legal rights and trademarks to Robo Force.

and no they are not like MUSCLES, my toyline that is now produced in China is like MUSCLES. These guys are multi part figures

This is what one looks like taken apart

Its a neat idea, they retain the "look" they had originally and are almost as tall, but they add the ability to be built into new robots or bigger robots while opening up swapping in and out with the entire Glyos line of toys.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I do like them, but I do miss the straight-up suction cup bodies.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    They seem to be deviating too much from the original designs. It seems like while they'll have the same heads, maybe the same hands, that's about all they share in common. And knowing what these are likely to cost I'd rather just buy the originals.

I mean, if you're going to do a straight modern update of an old toy, isn't changing the designs sort of contradictory to the point of doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    They seem to be deviating too much from the original designs. It seems like while they'll have the same heads, maybe the same hands, that's about all they share in common. And knowing what these are likely to cost I'd rather just buy the originals.

I mean, if you're going to do a straight modern update of an old toy, isn't changing the designs sort of contradictory to the point of doing so?
    The cost will be around $10-15 I "think", people pay more at regular retail for less these days.

And they can be put together to resemble the old versions, so not sure where the complaint is. Unless you really want just a fat tub robot with suction cups for like $40-50 on the small production scale.

Those builds posted above are just examples of what you can do if you take it apart and make your own creation, which give it a new life to a new customer base.

The line stayed dead for decades for a reason, nobody is going to invest the tens to hundreds of thousands to produce a line nobody has wanted in a decade without changing it up a bit and modernizing it.

So will these be different colors like the originals or one solid color?

The final ones should be painted up.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The final ones should be painted up.
    That's cool. They look great so far.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

My brother had MAXX STEELE as a kid from Robo Force, it's funny I recently got the cartoon 1-shot dvd as a gray market/bootleg release because I loved it so much after watching it on youtube. There was a rumor a while back that the 4H was interested in reviving this line, and it's amazing to see it done here thru Toyfinity! I am interested to see where this goes & can't wait to tell my brothers about it!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

OH MAN! Awesome!! I'm totally into Glyos so these will make some fantastic parts! Otherwise, I love the look of Robo Force so there is just NOTHING bad about this info!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    So will these be different colors like the originals or one solid color?
    They will be painted I think as well as come in various colors over time, you can take a look at how the Glyos system works in terms of releases by going to http://www.onelldesign.com/archive/

I think it will look really nice once painted, its got so much detail that the core color does not do it justice. The only reason these were released like that is because they came straight off the production line as a surprise for NYCC

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yep, I'm quite excited about these! All in! The Glyos system is so incredible, and it's amazing to see how well it lends itself to bringing back these old lines. Most of these old properties we would not see any other way if it weren't for the "little guys" and the ability to use the Glyos system.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Toyark put up some decent pictures.

http://news.toyark.com/2013/10/14/ny...mordles-106072
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

The -Genesis Version- of Maxx Zero just blew outta the Toyfinity store in less than 8 minutes! My paypal completed so I think I'm good!

MOTUC RECORD

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's my review if you guys want a closer look at the new Robo Force toys!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Great review Dan, I can't wait to get my 1st Robo Force -genesis version- figure in!

MOTUC RECORD