Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC King Miro figure???

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    of course (200x)
    Yes, this.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

What if they make a Miro wearing Filmation Randor's clothing? A head swap and you get a Filmation Randor to match Queen Marlena.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    What if they make a Miro wearing Filmation Randor's clothing? A head swap and you get a Filmation Randor to match Queen Marlena.
    I like that idea.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I want him to come in his 200X outfit, but also with a Filmation inspired 2nd head, to make a Collector from the UK comics!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    NOOOOOOOo......

No I do not.

I find the fan demand for He-man's mom ridiculous enough... but seriously... He-man's GRANDPA??

I dont' see how he would add anything to the storyline... and really only muddy Randor's 'right to rule'... If Miro is around, HE should be king... If DAD is around, HE should be able to negotiate SOMETHING wtih Keldor/skeletor...

He really just dilutes too many kings as it is....
    You say it yourself, he's Skeletor's father! That's a big deal. It's not like we're asking for He-Man's not-often-seen Aunt Ruth or his cousin's roommate. And muddying Randor's right to rule? He's old and he abdicated (or in 200X, only Randor was named King of Eternia). And I would think he'd have even less of a chance to make peace with his wayward mutant son than Randor. Frankly I'm not sure he's even alive in He-Man's time for MOTUC, so this is probably another character from the past. He dilutes nothing.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'd dig a King Miro figure! I think that would be really cool for a bit later on down the line.

I find the fan demand for He-man's mom ridiculous enough..
    I don't want to derail the thread but I have to say, really? I'm still surprised she never made it into the original line. Even though the character wasn't utilized as much as she could have been, she was part of the core ensemble of characters and she's an important part of the MOTU story.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    You say it yourself, he's Skeletor's father! That's a big deal. It's not like we're asking for He-Man's not-often-seen Aunt Ruth or his cousin's roommate. And muddying Randor's right to rule? He's old and he abdicated (or in 200X, only Randor was named King of Eternia). And I would think he'd have even less of a chance to make peace with his wayward mutant son than Randor. Frankly I'm not sure he's even alive in He-Man's time for MOTUC, so this is probably another character from the past. He dilutes nothing.
    Between King Grayskull, King miro, King Randor... that's just too many kings...

Also anything that reminds us that Skeletor, the Overlord of Destruction... is just a petulant prince is a BAD thing in my opinion. Having 'dad' around to make peace would only lead to the tired annoying trope of 'bad guys turning good again...' And I would HATE Skeletor to go that route...

And how often did Miro get mentioned? Twice? Three times? EVER... I'm not sure I make a distinction between He-man's grandpa, and the quoted " not-often-seen Aunt Ruth" 200+ chances and only seen 3 times... He's not worth a figure. Either he will be 'out of time' and have no place on the shelf... or he'll be 'old and useless' and have no place on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread but I have to say, really? I'm still surprised she never made it into the original line. Even though the character wasn't utilized as much as she could have been, she was part of the core ensemble of characters and she's an important part of the MOTU story.
    So is Ma kent, and Perry White... but I don't want their figures either. It's all a matter of opinion, but Some characters just aren't worth 'action figures' and those are the ones that never DO anything... Marlena's sole purpose was to sit on the throne, and show that He-man had a mom... MAYBE get kidnapped occasionally...

Not worth the 2, 3, 4 figures people keep clamoring for...

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'd dig a King Miro figure! I think that would be really cool for a bit later on down the line.

Agreed, 100%. Randor and Marlena nearly always appeared together. I think The Search For Keldor was the only time she wasn't by his side. And with the exposure she got on the show, as an astronaut, an American hero no less, it's kind of shocking. One would think they'd have even found a way to release her in the POP line. Now there, I absolutely could have seen her getting a change of outfits...
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Between King Grayskull, King miro, King Randor... that's just too many kings...
    There will never be too many kings in this line, particularly when none of them are king at the same time!

Also anything that reminds us that Skeletor, the Overlord of Destruction... is just a petulant prince is a BAD thing in my opinion. Having 'dad' around to make peace would only lead to the tired annoying trope of 'bad guys turning good again...' And I would HATE Skeletor to go that route...
    It does not only lead to that! A personal conflict has gravitas, it doesn't diminish Skeletor at all. In fact, it makes him meaner. He'd slay even his own dad without a second thought. You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree with it to the Nth degree!

And how often did Miro get mentioned? Twice? Three times? EVER... I'm not sure I make a distinction between He-man's grandpa, and the quoted " not-often-seen Aunt Ruth" 200+ chances and only seen 3 times... He's not worth a figure. Either he will be 'out of time' and have no place on the shelf... or he'll be 'old and useless' and have no place on the shelf
    Mentioned? The dude appeared in the He-Man, She-R, and 200X shows. You might not distinguish between such a character and one that doesn't exist, but he's very much worth a figure. As for being out of time or too old, meh, I am sorry for anyone who can't imagine ways around that in a fantasy story!

So is Ma kent, and Perry White... but I don't want their figures either. It's all a matter of opinion, but Some characters just aren't worth 'action figures' and those are the ones that never DO anything... Marlena's sole purpose was to sit on the throne, and show that He-man had a mom... MAYBE get kidnapped occasionally...

Not worth the 2, 3, 4 figures people keep clamoring for...
    It certainly is all opinion, but I'm finding fault in your reasons. Personally I do want Ma and Pa Kent and Perry White and Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane as figures (Clark Kent, Jor-El, Lara, and Krypton Man too) because I disagree that they don't DO anything. They're all significant supporting players of Superman's world--it's not all fisticuffs and heavy-lifting. They didn't participate in fist fights (well, except for Ma Kent, she'll take your kidney if you're not careful), but that's not the only reason I'd collect the figures. It sounds like it is the reason you would, but I don't think the MOTUC or DCUC lines should be limited to such a narrow definition of "doing something." As for Marlena, she led an army to save the rest of the Heroic Warriors in one of the more epic Filmation episodes, and while we didn't see her going into battle in her "battle armor" in MYP, I think most fans who are more literal about her use of that armor want that figure in order to cast her into the action in their own staging/gameplay.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 5, 2011 at 08:05pm.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Honestly...No I dont want one, I dont see the point.

But if it did happen Id prefer it be a Quarterly Variant, so as to not take the place of an Actual character!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

As an adult collector who was first exposed to the He-Man story through Filmation, I absolutely would want a King Miro MOTUC action figure!

He is a important part of Adam and Adora's family as well as the MOTU story itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    But if it did happen Id prefer it be a Quarterly Variant, so as to not take the place of an Actual character!
    But he is an actual character, and he's not a variant, so you may have to live with him being a regular release. There's a chance he'll be an exclusive though, so maybe he'll be ignorable enough for you.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I don't know if we're going to get a Miro but I would sure love one

Hmmmm ... Tough one.

I like his 200X look and that his story has FILMation origins, however I am still undecided about getting him. If he had a really interesting BIO that gave his character some more depth and the figure looked awesome I would consider it. Maybe he was the original holder of Skeletors 200X sword and he passed it on to Keldor.

I'm still undecided.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogopop View Post
    Maybe he was the original holder of Skeletors 200X sword and he passed it on to Keldor.
    There was nothing special about that double-sword - one pair got melted to slag, and Skelly either had a spare or made a new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogopop View Post
    Hmmmm ... Tough one.

I like his 200X look and that his story has FILMation origins, however I am still undecided about getting him. If he had a really interesting BIO that gave his character some more depth and the figure looked awesome I would consider it. Maybe he was the original holder of Skeletors 200X sword and he passed it on to Keldor.

I'm still undecided.
    Plus, you'd have to alter your avatar!!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

King Miro........c'moin now with the Flimation rights you just gotta make him.

I want Adams Grandpa. He was in the DC comics but he was also in the She-Ra episode I forgot the name but it was all about him. We need this character in MOTUC. His reign could have had a huge input on the past of Eternia.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I want Adams Grandpa. He was in the DC comics but he was also in the She-Ra episode I forgot the name but it was all about him. We need this character in MOTUC. His reign could have had a huge input on the past of Eternia.
    Miro is in the new mini comic they passed out at the panel, so I think there's a pretty good chance of seeing him.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Have we seen what he looks like in the new mini comic yet?
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Have we seen what he looks like in the new mini comic yet?
    He looks very much like his 200X version, albeit with a crown instead of a helmet. Personally, I hope they stick with this look--it'll fit in much better with the other figures, I think.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

So I saw Miro in the minicomic preview...he looks pretty cool with the MYP look, and crown. I'd be interested in a Miro with that look. That would really finish off the royal family, too.
    What's his story, anyway? I don't know it outside of the brief mention in MYP. In the vintage era did he just re-appear but not resume kingly duties? An advisor-type role to Randor, or something...?

Yes i hope we do get him very soon. I think he's another character that could flesh out the bios quite well. And please let him be in 200x style like in the mini comic.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    was looking forward to a possible figure based on the myp. now with the new mini comics a figure of miro looks very possible.
    he may even keep most of his myp look.

I've been wanting a Miro fig for a few years, i thought his 200x design was pretty cool and from the one page of the mini-comic it looks like he figures into the ultimate battleground, I dig it. As far as too many kings goes, that makes for a good story-reading George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire right now, and speaking of- how can you say he's an uninteresting character? I always wanted to hear more about Keldor's mother and how that all went down. It's a bit like the Ned Stark / Jon Snow situation where he brings him home and raises him at court... I think it's awesome how they've connected Marzo, Keldor, Randor, and the shadow beasts together, it makes for a fun bit of play. BRING ON MIRO!

(But not before a Captain Randor with removable Galactus helmet)

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    was looking forward to a possible figure based on the myp. now with the new mini comics a figure of miro looks very possible.
    he may even keep most of his myp look.
    Yes ! MYP look is the best