Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Paranormal Activity"

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    I gotta see this movie!!...I hope I don't get nauseous from all the shaky cam....
    There actually isn't too much shaky cam in the movie, a good chunk of the film is when the camera is on the tripod at night. Shouldn't be a problem at all

We're driving 75 minutes away to see this Sunday. I'm hoping for a great, spooky time.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Stratos View Post
    We're driving 75 minutes away to see this Sunday. I'm hoping for a great, spooky time.
    I think i'll just wait till it gets wide release. I'm not driving over an hour for any movie unless maybe it was a premiere that the stars were gonna be at.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I think i'll just wait till it gets wide release. I'm not driving over an hour for any movie unless maybe it was a premiere that the stars were gonna be at.
    We enjoy the drive.

Seeing it on Monday. Can't wait!!
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Heroic Warrior
    I saw it last night, but didn't think it was all that scary.

Not scary at all. Huge disappointment. Every single part that would make you jump is in the trailer.

All around awesome guy sirdanimal's Avatar
    I just saw it, and I was not impressed,
    "You're killing me, Smalls!"
    "I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I thought that movie was awesome. Plenty of "Oh, $%^!" moments! Never saw the trailer so I didn't know what to expect.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I feel the need to make a "real" documentary just detracts from movies like this, Cloverfield, and Blair Witch. The TCM from 1974 looked like a real documentary and featured unknown actors but didn't bother with having a character hold a camera the entire time. If it wasn't for that "realism", this movie would be looked at as a boring student film.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Here's the trailer for Paranormal Activity 2.

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

I hope it's unrelated to the first one. I doubt a sequel would work as well as the first did for the more gullible people out there
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I hope it's unrelated to the first one. I doubt a sequel would work as well as the first did for the more gullible people out there
    It sure didn't for Blair Witch 2.

I doubt I'll see it since I was bored by the first movie, but I really hate that there's a dog in the commercial. Almost any time an animal is in a horror movie, it ends up dead. Call me a traitor to my race, but that always bothers me more than the death of a human character.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 30, 2010 at 07:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

They made a sequal to that crappy movie? Needless to say...I won't be seeing it.

I guess I'm not that surprised though...it only made like a billion dollars more than it took them to make it.
    "I've got a behind, it's super heroic, and I'm about to shake it!"

It is related to the first one; this was confirmed when they announced a sequel was going to be made. That's why they changed the original ending so they could use the same girl again.

BTW, it's always interesting to read between the lines of the production of these trailers. I noticed a lot same sound samples used here that were also used in the teaser trailer for Terminator Salvation, which in turn were used in the trailer for The Road. Seems like all the trailer production houses bought the same sound sample library!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    That's why they changed the original ending so they could use the same girl again.
    The alternate ending is waaaaay cheesy.

At the end of the trailer did anyone notice what is written in the mirror? If you look in the mirror by the carpet, there is something written in it. I can't figure out what it says. Also you can see the baby sitting up in the crib through the mirror, but the baby can't be found otherwise.
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

You think so? I thought the wide-release ending was cheesy.

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

You think so? I thought the wide-release ending was cheesy.
    Yeah, the whole thing was so forced looking, IMO and it was a totally cliche: "oooh let me show off my big knife to try to impress you" moment...lol

Quote Originally Posted by MMANOR View Post
    At the end of the trailer did anyone notice what is written in the mirror? If you look in the mirror by the carpet, there is something written in it. I can't figure out what it says.
    I can't see it either.
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 30, 2010 at 03:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, the whole thing was so forced looking, IMO and it was a totally cliche: "oooh let me show off my big knife to try to impress you" moment...lol
    hmmm... I guess I easily forgot about that because it's not coming to mind. I just remember the cops coming in.

Lycan
    I liked it. More realism that the rest of the movie was trying to portray.
    The revised ending kinda felt like a 'this was actually just a movie the whole time' ending

hmmm... I guess I easily forgot about that because it's not coming to mind. I just remember the cops coming in.
    I don't remember seeing the cops coming in. I think there was just some text thrown up on the screen saying that's what happened on the theatrical ending.

I liked it. More realism that the rest of the movie was trying to portray.
    The revised ending kinda felt like a 'this was actually just a movie the whole time' ending
    See, for me, the overall movie never truly felt totally authentic anyway, however, mixed in with some of the "I'm not buy that" acting and events, there were some tension filled stretches that kept me interested enough to keep watching and allowed for a bit of suspension of disbelief to happen. -- Though it wasn't really that scary at all to me. I wasn't one of those hysterial folks having to leave the room...lol

What I liked about the theatrical ending is that we don't know what the hell happened to Katie, but we can sort of let ourselves imagine that she still exists somewhere within that Demon-inhabited body. I think what that ending does is leave me with more questions, whereas the alternate ending offers an immediate resolution and just makes me think: "Oh ok, the Demon will probably just jump to the next random person now."

Where I do agree with you though, is that I don't think PA 2 should be at all related to the first movie. Leave that one a self-contained story and maybe focus on some other type of paranormal activity.

Anyhow, I think there was supposed to be a third ending too, but I've never bothered seeking that one out. Have any of you seen that one?

Lycan
    See, for me, the overall movie never truly felt totally authentic anyway
    I know, thats why I used the word gullible earlier
    I suppose some may have got quite into it and questioned if it could be real footage, and the sceptic part of the mind could try figur out exactly what was causing the odd occurances. When it ends with the demon face you know that was a movie. The alt ending added to the realism so you could let yourself think for a breif time 'maybe that really did happen

I quite like this kind of movie, but I think a sequel needs to show someone elses story. Let Katie go.

Of course, that said, REC2 was a pretty good follow on sequel, so maybe it can be pulled off just for a laugh

\When it ends with the demon face you know that was a movie. The alt ending added to the realism so you could let yourself think for a breif time 'maybe that really did happen
    I see what you're saying, but you know what it is? -- When she first started coming towards us with the knife, before I knew what exactly she was intending to do with it, I just kept thinking: "Who does she think she is? She's doing a bad version of Alice"...lol I know it's common to have the whole knife holding scene in movies, but she just seemed so insincere with her movements that I was willing to accept the more unrealistic Demon hiss to the camera in the theatrical version.

Of course, that said, REC2 was a pretty good follow on sequel, so maybe it can be pulled off just for a laugh
    You know, I don't believe that I've seen that yet. Just the first [Rec] and the remake, Quarantine.

I don't remember seeing the cops coming in. I think there was just some text thrown up on the screen saying that's what happened on the theatrical ending.

See, for me, the overall movie never truly felt totally authentic anyway, however, mixed in with some of the "I'm not buy that" acting and events, there were some tension filled stretches that kept me interested enough to keep watching and allowed for a bit of suspension of disbelief to happen. -- Though it wasn't really that scary at all to me. I wasn't one of those hysterial folks having to leave the room...lol

What I liked about the theatrical ending is that we don't know what the hell happened to Katie, but we can sort of let ourselves imagine that she still exists somewhere within that Demon-inhabited body. I think what that ending does is leave me with more questions, whereas the alternate ending offers an immediate resolution and just makes me think: "Oh ok, the Demon will probably just jump to the next random person now."

Where I do agree with you though, is that I don't think PA 2 should be at all related to the first movie. Leave that one a self-contained story and maybe focus on some other type of paranormal activity.

Anyhow, I think there was supposed to be a third ending too, but I've never bothered seeking that one out. Have any of you seen that one?
    You know, I'm thinking maybe *you* saw the third ending because what you've described for the other two endings is not coming to mind. LOL! The two endings I saw were these:
    • Original ending: Katie sits for hours on end, cops come in, and shoot her
    • Wide-release ending: Boyfriend gets thrown across the room and Katie approaches the camera