Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Paranormal Activity"

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    [*]Original ending: Katie sits for hours on end, cops come in, and shoot her
    This is the one I never saw. Wasn't on my DVD. Did you see this online or maybe an early screening?

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post

I quite like this kind of movie, but I think a sequel needs to show someone elses story. Let Katie go.
    Considering every straight guy I talked with about this movie, even if they hated it, mentioned "Katie's" ample attributes, I think it would be smart for them to either use her again or an actress of a similar ilk.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    One of my favorite films is Signs. Not because of the story, or the special effects, but because of the lack of alien in it. The scene where Mel is in the house with his family and the aliens are knocking and banging trying to get in and you hear them walking around the porch is an awesome scene. Not terrifying, but creepy.

I can see where in Paranormal Activity they tried this. Like the footprints and stuff. I thought it was a little over the top myself and not very believable. I'd prefer to watch Ghost Hunters (TAPS) on SyFy. I find their stuff a little more creepy and "real"
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by MMANOR View Post
    At the end of the trailer did anyone notice what is written in the mirror? If you look in the mirror by the carpet, there is something written in it. I can't figure out what it says. Also you can see the baby sitting up in the crib through the mirror, but the baby can't be found otherwise.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    The old "Never reveal the monster" trick in movies works really well. It gets you using your imagination more, and whats scarier than what your mind can come up with?

I have to admit after watching Paranormal Activity about a month ago I still can't fall asleep easy. The moment I think of the movie I freak myself out! Lol It all goes back to the fear of falling asleep and being completely vulnerable and I for one think they did a great job of it. Plus how creepy is it when Katie just stands there in the middle of the night just looking at her b/friend?

If I heard my keys fall off the counter while I'm falling asleep... game over man! Lol

Evil Master of Warcraft
    There are only two movies that really scare me. The Exorcist and The Amytiville Horror (original). There were a few creepy parts in Paranormal Activity ( I agree with her standing there for so long), but overall I wasn't impressed.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

well I found Paranormal Activity (as well as The Exorcist and Amityville Horror) to be extremely funny movies and not in the least bit scary.

Doesn't mean I didn't like them tho cuz I did. Great movies...just not scary
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

For me, scary movies are ones that could definitely happen(at least in extreme cases). I'm not sure how much I believe in ghosts or possessions(this is coming from a Catholic) so while I find Amityville and The Exorcist to be good movies(especially the Exorcist), I've never been scared by loud noises or humans talking in odd voices. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, on the other hand, not only looks like a documentary(without beating you over the head with it like Blair Witch & Paranormal Activity), it scares the hell out of me with very little gore.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, on the other hand, not only looks like a documentary(without beating you over the head with it like Blair Witch & Paranormal Activity), it scares the hell out of me with very little gore.
    Yes, and I've had dreams about Leatherface for about five years or so that stopped bothering me like two or three years ago. The weird thing is: I saw the original TCM in 1999. To me, Leatherface truly trumps all of the big, bad movie monsters because he definitely could be real and was (loosely) based on Ed Gein.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Kid View Post
    I have to admit after watching Paranormal Activity about a month ago I still can't fall asleep easy. The moment I think of the movie I freak myself out! Lol It all goes back to the fear of falling asleep and being completely vulnerable and I for one think they did a great job of it. Plus how creepy is it when Katie just stands there in the middle of the night just looking at her b/friend?

If I heard my keys fall off the counter while I'm falling asleep... game over man! Lol
    I know exactly how you feel. I can hear those footsteps from the movie in my head and I'll look through the doorway to my son's room to make sure nothing's going in there. Last week I had something spook me and the tiniest noise from his room shot me up out of bed when I was trying so hard to go to sleep. I watched over him in his crib for a few minutes and kept looking in his closet for for something to come out. Finally I threw caution to the wind and told whatever-it-was to leave my son alone. Honestly I was scared... poopless.

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    Yes, and I've had dreams about Leatherface for about five years or so that stopped bothering me like two or three years ago. The weird thing is: I saw the original TCM in 1999. To me, Leatherface truly trumps all of the big, bad movie monsters because he definitely could be real and was (loosely) based on Ed Gein.
    I agree about Leatherface. He's actually scarier than Gein since he's either mentally challenged or so freakin' nuts, he can't even talk. The funny thing about Gein is even though his "story" led to both TCM & Psycho, he had a lot smaller bodycount than either the Sawyer Family or Norman Bates.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This is the one I never saw. Wasn't on my DVD. Did you see this online or maybe an early screening?
    I saw this online a loooooooooooong time ago... long before it was rereleased in theaters. I understood that this was the original ending. So, I've never seen the ending you've seen.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Did anyone go to a late-night screening of PA 2?

Heroic Warrior
    I saw it last night and thought it was okay. It is meant to be a prequel to the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Did anyone go to a late-night screening of PA 2?
    this one just looks lame.. i think its just a halloween spoof movie now

at least the first first did not give out whats to happen and did give a scare or 2
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Leatherface...how does a 225+ lb man with a damn chainsaw run like him...being able to chase people down like nothing. Nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I agree about Leatherface. He's actually scarier than Gein since he's either mentally challenged or so freakin' nuts, he can't even talk. The funny thing about Gein is even though his "story" led to both TCM & Psycho, he had a lot smaller bodycount than either the Sawyer Family or Norman Bates.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I just got back. Saw a Burlesque trailer. Christina looked so hawt.

Without spoiling anything, I'll say that I liked this one too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

This new one certainly had more "BOO!" but a lot less "OH GOD @#%!^%^#%%#!!!".

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I just got back. Saw a Burlesque trailer. Christina looked so hawt.
    Have you seen: "Don't underestimate us farm girls" yet? @ Kristen Bell's face.

I've heard a few people say that PA2 is just as good as the first one. I'm intrigued. I'm gonna try to make it to the cinema to see it soon!

Heroic Warrior
    This series is just crap, no scares no qualities just dull.

I still think Cannibal Holocaust (THE REAL origin of the found footage genre of horror films), REC, V/H/S and The Last Broadcast are the best found footage genre films and better than this crap.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by harrycanyon View Post
    this series is just crap, no scares no qualities just dull.

I still think cannibal holocaust (the real origin of the found footage genre of horror films), rec, v/h/s and the last broadcast are the best found footage genre films and better than this crap.

motivator9160924.jpg
    Reminds me of Skeletor
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

I love this series. 1 and 3 are my favorite. Three is probably my favorite out of them all if I had to pick one.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Those glassy-eyed witches were funny! I can't believe that the guy didn't slam the door in their faces.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Anyone waiting in nervous anticipation for 4? I definitely am. This is really the only movie series that gives me the creeps after the movie is over. I think its the fact that it takes place in average looking houses and because you never see anything other than the entity's effect on the environment.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I am. This movie and Sinister have me really excited.