Thread: Looking to make a life-size Havoc Staff

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Looking to make a life-size Havoc Staff

I'm trying to make a life-size Havoc Staff as part of my Skeletor costume for Halloween this year, and I'm at a loss on how to do it. I tried doing some preliminary shopping in Halloween stores for something close that I could modify, but nothing has really struck me as awesome yet. So I'm looking for suggestions. Help please?
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

That depends on where you are

I only say that because I am in Fort Worth, Texas. There is tons of different southwest style skull decor here that would work for the top. Everything else is easy. Check ebay for ram skulls, you may be surprised.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Heroic Warrior
    i have an artist friend of mine to sculpt one for me. i requested the filmation style, to match my costume. but it wont be on the works yet

Griftor- forget Halloween stores.
    Hoffrod- you're absolutely right about one thing... Texas!
    and vazqjose- it's great to have friends who'll sculpt and pour for you!

i started with the Halloween stores, and you can find something... but it'll look cheap as most commercial Halloween crap does. so i decided to DIY... or DIM as the case may be. and let me tell you, thank you Texas!

of course the most important component to a Havoc Staff is the Ram skull. and again, you can find replica, southwest type ceramic stuff... but aside from the issue of attaching it, it just isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the real deal. cut to Ebay, and the Wildlife Ranch in Mason, Texas. that's where i bought mine. and man was it perfect... sizes and prices vary. WARNING: cleaning can be a ***** if needed (i decided not to as it was relatively clean and what debris it had seems to enhance it).

and as for friends... pretty cool when you have some with skills. hence a buddy of mine at work who has plenty of shop tools at his disposal. but steer clear when boring any pilot holes into a real Ram skull. WOW!!! what a stench!!!

so run down of my components...
    - pole from Lowe's/Home Depot/you know the sort
    - paint
    - Ram skull
    - leather strapping (you can get some cheap from a craft store like Micheals/etc.
    - and some wood blocks and a finial to finish the staff base.

and of course necessary tools and wood glue. oh, and a reference... i went with figure and accessory staff of course- better than 2D, and best for relative scale reference to your own height. my first version was a whopping 8' tall! beast!

sorry, no instructable on how we assembled mine, but here are some shots in action. if you want more specific close-ups, or have direct questions, just message me.

and of course, more photos at the flickr group... flickr.com/groups/snakemountain.

Staff looks great!

thanks.

holding it really makes you want to cause some trouble!

I like all of it! Costume and all!

I do think that adding a bit of blue to the white bone would look nice.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Great custom and staff! I like it!

Heh, I figured you couldn't go wrong with TX decor! Funny thing is I don't have any of it for my own style and I live here.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

What's the size of the skull? Width/Height? Curious, because I am going to build one and the skulls come in various sizes