Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They stole my shipment, I need your help and advices (Big Bad Toy Store - FedEx)

They stole my shipment, I need your help and advices (Big Bad Toy Store - FedEx)

After months of privations and savings I finally had the money to buy a Masters of the Universe Classics Three-Pack Power-Con 2017 Exclusive, I wanted that Prince Adam since 1984.
    It was a really bad moment in my life but then I had more though months, all my world crumbled down, I lost my job for the second time after a month, I couldn't find a job opportunity and I had health problems and now I have to undergo a surgery. I hadn't checked my email and I didn't follow the order because of this and I discovered what happened after many days.

So on 15th of November I began to be nervous about this shipment and I discovered that the tracking on Fed-Ex said that they already delivered the box but I never received it. My bad luck strikes again!
    I contacted the Big Bad Toy Store and they contacted FedEx that began a tracer investigation that after 9 days was closed "we delivered the shipment, you don't have it? Well it's your problem".
    The item was shipped in USA.
    So Big Bad Toy Store can't help me because it was delivered.

I tried to file a claim to Fed-Ex but of course it didn't work, it always gave me an error.
    They left the shipment on the porch unattended, just look at the porch and you will understand that the 150$ box is just an easy prey.

Somebody can help me? I don't know what to do, I can't afford to use the phone from where I am right now.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; December 2, 2017 at 08:11am.
    I know 4 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer, Stacy Mealer and you know who you are!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I had a similar thing happen a few months back; in my case, neighbors actually saw the miscreants run up to my porch and steal two packages, so I was able to make a police report (nothing came of it, sadly). I really don't have much advice for this instance; I had to pay to replace the items I lost and never got the originals back. I can only offer advice for the future. Number one is avoid Fed Ex like the Black Death. Either USPS or UPS does give you an option to have the package held at one of their locations so you can go pick it up; Fed Ex has no options with regular home delivery for that; such an option has to be requested by the sender (which FE told me over the phone when TRU sent a package Fed Ex to my PO Box, which was a dumb thing for TRU to do since FE home delivery won't deliver to PO Boxes). Even the one option you sometimes have of choosing where you want it left is a waste (I tried it with a package I had to use Fed Ex to get and they still left it on the front porch, even though I told them to leave it by the back door). Big Bad does offer USPS shipping; it's a bit more, but you can go right on the USPS site and have them hold your mail at the local post office if you're expecting something. With UPS, I've been able to pick up the item at a UPS store a few times. Fed Ex Smart Post leaves the package in USPS hands at the end, so you have the options above. I wish I had more options for the situation at hand; honestly, without getting on the phone, dealing with Fed Ex is likely going to be a waste of time even if you can use the site. You might check with any neighbors to see if anyone saw someone cart off the package; you might have a little more leverage if there's an actual police report on the situation.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Maybe call FedEx instead and see about filing a claim on the phone?

I'm not sure how it works with FedEx and claims dealing with theft. The problem is someone stole it. And if FedEx wasn't given specific delivery instructions on where to leave something safely, then there may be nothing they can do.

But I'm not absolutely sure.

Have you tried calling the police? And, do you have any security cameras recording the porch?

I have cameras recording the outside of my place. And I also have a delivery profile setup with both FedEx and UPS giving specific delivery instructions. I'm very paranoid about delivery theft or people breaking in. So I feel for you. It sucks big time that some jerk did this to you.

EDIT: I was drafting this before I saw Scott's reply. Sounds like he has a lot more experience with this, and it stinks to see it didn't go so well for him either.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

If you used a credit card, or paypal you can file a claim with them and get all your money back.

Technically you didn't receive it. Not that this happened but, the Fedex guy could have just scanned it as delivered and took it.

I think my mail delivery person stole a box from me. It was missing for months, when I filed a claim with paypal, 2 days later a slip showed up in my mailbox saying a package delivery was attempted (and this was the final notice). It had the wrong dates on it, and the hand written tracking number was illegible. My wife went and picked it up for me, and I could not believe it was the missing box with 3 He-Man figures and some other figures. The box was opened and retaped.

My guess is Paypal put some heat on the postal service (so did the seller, and I called many, many, many times, they all know me by name now) and my postman realized it was not going to drop and that it was not worth the trouble.

Not saying that's the same case with you, but file a claim with who you used to pay for it with, and they should protect you.

Another possibililty is that it was misdelivered. That's happened to me a few times with purchases from eBay.

What method did you use to pay? Was the package insured?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    If you used a credit card, or paypal you can file a claim with them and get all your money back.
    Doesn't that stick it to BBTS, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    What method did you use to pay? Was the package insured?
    Thanx to He-Bro I discovered that I used paypal, I don't think the package was insured.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Have you tried calling the police?
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    you might have a little more leverage if there's an actual police report on the situation.
    It's a great idea but I can't go to the police because I'm outside USA.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Technically you didn't receive it. Not that this happened but, the Fedex guy could have just scanned it as delivered and took it.Not saying that's the same case with you, but file a claim with who you used to pay for it with, and they should protect you.
    Oh that's a great idea! Thank you! I forgot that I used paypal! I opened a claim and I used your words! I hope it will work.

Yes but if Paypal put some heat on BBTS and BBTS put some heat on FedEx maybe there will be a solution.
    If it was about 20$ I'll be like "Ok, just one day work that went down the drain" but 150$ is just too much, I can't and I don't want accept this loss.

Maybe call FedEx instead and see about filing a claim on the phone?
    As I said since I'm outside USA I can't afford to phone them but it's the only thing that's left to do so I'll phone 'em and I'll let you know.

Thank you to everybody!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; December 1, 2017 at 12:58pm.
    I know 4 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer, Stacy Mealer and you know who you are!

Call FedEx and ask them to call you back. I have done that before. You are the customer. Good luck.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    It's a great idea but I can't go to the police because I'm outside USA.
    Sure, the USA police, but why not the Italian polizia?

As I said since I'm outside USA I can't afford to phone them but it's the only thing that's left to do so I'll phone 'em and I'll let you know.
    Since it's the Italian Fedex that delivered, I'm sure their Italian division is able to help over the phone. From FedEx's website:

Local: 199.151.119 (0.10 € / min, VAT included)
    International: +390292172660

- - - Updated - - -

Also, because this situation royally sucks and I want to give Joey as much info as I can, I just talked to PayPal.
    They said on the phone that Buyer Protection does not cover stolen items that are marked as delivered, and that the buyer will have to try and file a claim with the courier. That's what they said on the phone anyway.

So I definitely recommend calling FedEx to see if they can help at all, and contacting the local polizia to see if they can help at all.
    Sorry Joey. this is a massive kick in the pants, I know.

Most likely it was probably delivered to the wrong address. Anyone who's ever sent enough items to Italy and certain other countries knows that's more likely to happen. I can't even begin to wonder why BBTS would ship to Italy. It was on my list of countries I wouldn't ship to even when I still shipped things internationally. It's not worth the hassle or the trouble.

Sadly, you're probably boned. It says it was delivered. The tracking shows that. Generally, companies won't argue with that, because it sets a bad precedence. If it's that easy to say you never got something but the tracking shows otherwise and still get your money back, no company would ever ship anything ever again.

Your best bet would be to first ask your neighbors. Then see if there are similar addresses in the near by area to check those. You might get lucky. Happens to me at my store all the time. I'm on St. Charles and there's a Charles right around the corner from me.

Hopefully you get lucky and it turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Most likely it was probably delivered to the wrong address. Anyone who's ever sent enough items to Italy and certain other countries knows that's more likely to happen. I can't even begin to wonder why BBTS would ship to Italy. It was on my list of countries I wouldn't ship to even when I still shipped things internationally. It's not worth the hassle or the trouble.
    Yikes! It's scary that it was that bad.
    Oddly enough, we haven't had a single problem with non-attendee orders going to Italy *knock on wood*

We've had more problems with Mexico than anywhere, unfortunately.

Yikes! It's scary that it was that bad.
    Oddly enough, we haven't had a single problem with non-attendee orders going to Italy *knock on wood*

We've had more problems with Mexico than anywhere, unfortunately.
    Mexico was the other place I would never ship to. So that it's not at all that surprising to hear honestly.

Doubt fed ex will help. It was marked as delivered. A couple years ago the fed ex guy delivered my box to the bay next to ours, same number wrong bay. Luckily they neighbour called me to pick it up. I called fed ex and told them what happened, see if he’d bring it. They did an investigation and told me the driver delivered it to the right place and I was wrong. Asked seriously how the next bay would take my package and call me to tell me they have, their response was the driver said he delivered it right.

I think JoeyCruel has a really good chance of recovering his money through his Paypal claim, because the package was never left with an individual. Tracking doesn't really mean much in instances where there is no signature confirmation required or a "left with individual" designation on the tracking status.

Though it may not seem fair, the responsibility has always fallen on the seller to ensure that packages safely arrive to their customers. At least that's how it works in the U.S. There seems to be a misconception amongst a lot sellers/businesses that their responsibilty ends once they send the package out, which just isn't true. Just like how it's the seller's responsibility to insure or else they are the one taking the risk if a package gets lost. (No amount of disclaimers changes that) Insurance is for the seller's protection.
    Last edited by Tallstar; December 1, 2017 at 04:48pm.

I once had a Fed-ex problem. They said they hire alot of new drivers in the last few months of the year and I remember him saying "he hoped the driver wasn't being dishonest because they have a lot of new drivers" . The package said it was delivered but nothing was here. Luckily I had cameras and called Fed-ex and they tracked the package and called the driver whose truck it was on because I wouldn't let it go.I talked to several people at Fed-ex before I got someone who would help me. The driver was new and scanned the package as "Delivered" but knew he was caught so claimed he just didn't know where to leave the package at the house so he left it on his truck and was going to try to redeliver it another day. Again it was scanned as delivered. I am not a Fed-Ex fan. I have a covered porch in the country every delivery driver never has had a problem before. Maybe, to his defense, he was really worried about leaving it. I guess I will never know, but I am very happy I caught it quickly and was able to resolve it.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

I think JoeyCruel has a really good chance of recovering his money through his Paypal claim, because the package was never left with an individual. Tracking doesn't really mean much in instances where there is no signature confirmation required or a "left with individual" designation on the tracking status.

Though it may not seem fair, the responsibility has always fallen on the seller to ensure that packages safely arrive to their customers. At least that's how it works in the U.S. There seems to be a misconception amongst a lot sellers/businesses that their responsibilty ends once they send the package out, which just isn't true. Just like how it's the seller's responsibility to insure or else they are the one taking the risk if a package gets lost. (No amount of disclaimers changes that) Insurance is for the seller's protection.
    A seller can't be held responsible for the courier. It's not like the seller owns the courier, or they are hand-delivering it.

Plus, while I know first-hand Joey is an awesome guy and this doesn't apply to him, there is the general possibility of false claims about stolen items from shady customers. It's next to impossible for PayPal or the courier to know if an item was actually stolen or if a recipient is falsely claiming this to be true yet actually got the items. That's why when there is proof of delivery in tracking, the seller is not held responsible by PayPal.

Many years ago, this was the case, and a seller was responsible. But after countless seller complaints (which was completely justified), this was changed based on everything I'm reading (here's one instance from a few years ago, and another from a couple years ago). I was even told the same on the phone today by PayPal about a seller not being responsible for a stolen package that shows delivered via tracking.

Joey deserves to get the items he paid for, but it seems everyone else completed their responsibilities and shouldn't be made to suffer either (well, unless the FedEx driver took it, but we'll probably never know). It completely sucks, because it's the fault of whoever stole it, and they should have to answer for their crime because they owe Joey. So it's a crappy situation for Joey to be in.

It matters not what we come up with here, it's up to paypal. I've seen it with eBay where eBay takes the fall and pays the buyer, and does not take from the seller. (Not sure how paypal does it.)

I would still call all they can say is no. Just call... 1-888-221-1161

Then if that fails call FedEx again.

A seller can't be held responsible for the courier. It's not like the seller owns the courier, or they are hand-delivering it.

Plus, while I know first-hand Joey is an awesome guy and this doesn't apply to him, there is the general possibility of false claims about stolen items from shady customers. It's next to impossible for PayPal or the courier to know if an item was actually stolen or if a recipient is falsely claiming this to be true yet actually got the items. That's why when there is proof of delivery in tracking, the seller is not held responsible by PayPal.

Many years ago, this was the case, and a seller was responsible. But after countless seller complaints (which was completely justified), this was changed based on everything I'm reading (here's one instance from a few years ago, and another from a couple years ago). I was even told the same on the phone today by PayPal about a seller not being responsible for a stolen package that shows delivered via tracking.

Joey deserves to get the items he paid for, but it seems everyone else completed their responsibilities and shouldn't be made to suffer either (well, unless the FedEx driver took it, but we'll probably never know). It completely sucks, because it's the fault of whoever stole it, and they should have to answer for their crime because they owe Joey. So it's a crappy situation for Joey to be in.
    Oh yeah, that's what I was getting at with the "Though it may not seem fair" part, because it's crazy that a seller would be liable for the actions of the courier. However, that's exactly the burden that sellers have faced for years. Things may have changed since the last time I've been in this situation (on the seller end of things), but my understanding was/is that the 'contract' is between the customer and the seller, not the customer and the courier, and that typically Paypal sides with the buyer if they claim that the package wasn't received. Plus, that it's the seller that is supposed to be the one dealing with the courier in the event that something goes wrong.

Now it's entirely possible that Paypal will reject the claim, but I think there's a good chance they may decide in his favor if this is his first time making a claim. Plus, it seems like Joey is just guessing that it was stolen. Misdelivery is also possible. There's just no way to prove in this particular situation that it was actually delivered to the correct residence.

Now it's entirely possible that Paypal will reject the claim, but I think there's a good chance they may decide in his favor if this is his first time making a claim. Plus, it seems like Joey is just guessing that it was stolen. Misdelivery is also possible. There's just no way to prove in this particular situation that it was actually delivered to the correct residence.
    I'm with you and He-Bro. Hopefully they do help Joey out on this one.

Probably but it is on them as the seller. They should review the option of using Fed Ex if this is what they do when delivering packages! It's unheard of where I live to leave packages outside your door (what if it rains and drenches your items?, nevermind them getting stolen). To me that is a sign of a very poor delivery company if that's what they do and a business who posts a lot of stuff would be better off not using them.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly and it's the same over here in the UK. Without a signature there is no proof it was delivered to the address it was supposed to go to.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    It's unheard of where I live to leave packages outside your door (what if it rains and drenches your items?, nevermind them getting stolen).
    Leaving packages outside your door is extremely common here in the USA. Not sure if it's different in the UK?
    Granted, most people here have somewhere to put them... like a porch, or an awning over the porch, etc.

Leaving packages outside your door is extremely common here in the USA. Not sure if it's different in the UK?
    Granted, most people here have somewhere to put them... like a porch, or an awning over the porch, etc.
    A lot less common over here.

I don't have a porch, yard or anything like that. My door just opens directly onto the street.
    I had a courier foolishly leave a parcel in a bush by the door recently and by the time I got home it had been taken.

I have a large 'pile of loot' order coming from BBTS soon, a years' worth of items I've been stacking up patiently including Ultimates and Power Con exclusives, and I'm very worried about it making it here safely, fingers crossed.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Well my friend who lives up in Scotland told me never to post him stuff by courier (and to use Royal Mail ONLY). Apparently once a courier thought his rubbish bin was a safe place for his parcel! Good job it wasn't collection week...

When I said 'here' I meant my town (not country) as I believe some of our delivery companies are just as stupid (if not more so!)
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    It's always a tough situation. From a seller perspective, I know my company always likes to replace in these cases when possible. The issue though is that there are a lot of unscrupulous people that run scams trying to get free stuff. So if you make it a policy, it gets around and a few bad apples spoil it.

We track those sort of claims and the persons buying activity with us so we can at least help our frequent buyers we know are being honest. But it is very hard. I'm sure BBTS is saddened by the theft and would love to be able to do more if it wouldn't get the word out and invite scammers to their door.

It just really sucks we live in a world where dishonesty ruins things for good folks. Especially when it surrounds our hobby and something we all do for fun and means a lot to us.

I'm really sorry to hear this story and others like it. I hope it works out for you my friend.

Sure, the USA police, but why not the Italian polizia?
    Because it was shipped to USA to a friend of mine. :-(

They said on the phone that Buyer Protection does not cover stolen items that are marked as delivered, and that the buyer will have to try and file a claim with the courier. That's what they said on the phone anyway.So I definitely recommend calling FedEx to see if they can help at all, and contacting the local polizia to see if they can help at all.
    Sorry Joey. this is a massive kick in the pants, I know.
    Ouch... :-(
    However thank you, I'll try to phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Your best bet would be to first ask your neighbors.
    The neighbors said that everytime they left somethin' unattended they lost somethin', they phoned their couriers but they just don't care and they keep to left boxes unattended.

I think that the only BBTS fault was to not request my signature, without my signature FedEx were free to do whatever they want.

Thank you again to everybody, I'll let you know.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; December 3, 2017 at 07:37pm.