Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Tuvar and Baddra?

MOTUC Tuvar and Baddra?

OK, so we know we are getting parts to make Kronis with Trap Jaw, and there have been hints that Keldor will be a future bonus figure. Oedipus will probably be packed with Stinkor.

Two Bad will probably be a long way off (or maybe not). Do you think we will get Tuvar and Baddra as separate figures or a 2-pack, maybe as a bonus? Also, how cool would it be if there were extra parts included with Tuvar and Baddra to allow them to be merged into Two Bad?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Chances are we would get something like this, but I'm hoping we don't. I'm one of those people who thinks Two-Bad is enough in this particular case.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

If they are smart, they'll make him compatible not only with Blast-attak but also with Modulok and multibot
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

I guess that would be a good money-saver.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yeah, they can reuse his parts for modulok and maybe multibot down the line.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

If those were released as bonus figures or a bonus 2-pack, I'd buy them!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    If those were released as bonus figures or a bonus 2-pack, I'd buy them!
    Count me in too. Making those two would be expensive with a bunch of new parts. Definitely later run characters along with most of the Horde or Snake Men.

Damn...soon MOTUC is going to run out of those He-Man and Skeletor buck bodies...

I'm gonna say it before somebody does.
    TUVAR AND BADDRA ARE NOT CLASSIC CHARACTERS AND THIS IS A CLASSICS LINE! THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING HERE! TWO-BAD IS THE ONLY THING WE NEED! GIVE ME THE ACTION FEATURE LIKE THE CLASSIC ONE!!! I LVOE ACTION FEATURES THEY'RE THE BEST OF THE BEST!!
    Now that that's been said, This addition would be cool, to the line. (Bonus two-pack)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Tuvar and Baddra are the best of 200x, I want them any way
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Oedipus will probably be packed with Stinkor
    are you insinuating that stinkor is in love with his mom?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I would be content with only a Two-Bad release. But, should Matty release a Tuvar and Baddra 2-pack, I would not be opposed to it. I wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't oppose it, either. A vintage inspired Two-Bad is good enough for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    I believe that Tuvar and Baddhra are perfect for the first two-pack. And wouldn't it be cool he they were the bonus figure set the same month Two-Bad was released?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Count me in too. Making those two would be expensive with a bunch of new parts. Definitely later run characters along with most of the Horde or Snake Men.

Damn...soon MOTUC is going to run out of those He-Man and Skeletor buck bodies...
    that's a good thing...i'm getting tired of feeling like i'm buying the same figure every month. Bring on all new molds! It'd be about damn time, imo. for a $20 Adult collector's line, every figure should be a whole new mold imo...I hope they DON'T wait till the end to give us the Horde, snakemen or other 'new parts' figures....by then it might be too late if they decide to cancel motu (again). Any one of them can be made right now, not 'later'. If they can make Teela & Battlecat, they can certainly make any of the others as well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I'm gonna say it before somebody does.
    TUVAR AND BADDRA ARE NOT CLASSIC CHARACTERS AND THIS IS A CLASSICS LINE! THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING HERE! TWO-BAD IS THE ONLY THING WE NEED! GIVE ME THE ACTION FEATURE LIKE THE CLASSIC ONE!!! I LVOE ACTION FEATURES THEY'RE THE BEST OF THE BEST!!
    i hope this is a joke.... the word 'classic' sure gets thrown around alot... but it doesn't mean 'vintage', or 'commemorative', so that arguement holds no ground imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    OK, so we know we are getting parts to make Kronis with Trap Jaw, and there have been hints that Keldor will be a future bonus figure. Oedipus will probably be packed with Stinkor.

Two Bad will probably be a long way off (or maybe not). Do you think we will get Tuvar and Baddra as separate figures or a 2-pack, maybe as a bonus? Also, how cool would it be if there were extra parts included with Tuvar and Baddra to allow them to be merged into Two Bad?
    I'm glad to see others are thinking like me. i thought I was the only one who wanted a Two bad that could separate into his two separate beings....imo, anything new they can give us, that hasn't been done in motu figures before, like parts to make their former selves, is a huge plus and only increases my interest in this line tenfold. it has sooooooo much potential.

IMO Trap-jaw is going to be the greatest motu figure ever made, because of the interchangeable parts....at least till they give us king Hisss with similar features. A two bad figure that could do that would be absolutely incredible imo, and certainly bring him up a few notches in my view (of course he's already one of my favorites).

I like to have pre-versions of some characters made for this line, since their backgrounds (who they used to be) is what makes them fascinating imo.
    Bring on Keldor, odephus, teela 'Na, fisto (with normal big hand included), tuvar, baddhra, oldman marzo, young evil lynn, etc....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

i would love to get them as a 2pack!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I love the idea of Tuvar and Baddrah but only as extra figures further down the line, Two-Bad should be the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I would be content with only a Two-Bad release. But, should Matty release a Tuvar and Baddra 2-pack, I would not be opposed to it. I wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't oppose it, either. A vintage inspired Two-Bad is good enough for me.
    You want one two-headed guy who fights himself over two bad-ass bounty hunters? I thought you were an evil-doer...

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    i hope this is a joke.... the word 'classic' sure gets thrown around alot... but it doesn't mean 'vintage', or 'commemorative', so that arguement holds no ground imo.
    Yes it was a joke. I love the idea of Tuvar and Baddra and love the fact that MOTUC takes in from all of MOTU's continuities, but I dislike the nostlagia blindness that comes with the MOTUC. (Like Requesting Ram Man to be exactly like his past toys... unposeable, the extreme distaste for anything that isn't vintage MOTU... etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I like to have pre-versions of some characters made for this line, since their backgrounds (who they used to be) is what makes them fascinating imo.
    Bring on Keldor, odephus, teela 'Na, fisto (with normal big hand included), tuvar, baddhra, oldman marzo, young evil lynn, etc....
    love this (except the big flesh hand, but that I can live with...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Here is how I would make Two-Bad:

The regular month figure would be Two-Bad with his 2 heads, a wide torso (new sculpt), blue right arm & leg, purple left arm & leg and his golden shield. All heads, arms & legs should be removable, the same way as future released Modulok & Multibot.

The bonus figure of that month is Tuvar & Badhra. It contains blue left arm & leg, purple right arm & leg, 2 different torso's, one set of pants, two-part mace and as a bonus his 2 heads in reversed colours.

This way you can make vintage & 200x Two-bad, 200x repaint Two-Bad, Tuvra & Badhra. Plus also other variations.

I would like very much to get them as a two pack somewhere down the line, though I guess they should probably release Two-Bad first. I think Tuvar and Baddra would make a great con-exclusive.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    the two back should include tuvar and badra with weapons AND a torso/hip piece so that you can merge the character. Since they become the one guy. i know people would complain about "not being able to play with all 3 full figures" but as far as tooling, i think this would be the smartest thing to do, and no offense to those who buy 2 or 3 or 4 of MOTUC, but to those, you can just buy another 2 pack for your display needs!

I'm not into the "origin" versions of figures. I wouldn't buy a two-pack of these two - it just doesn't interest me.

Just to get Two-Bad would be cool enough. I think he'll be an awesome highlight in this line when they do make him eventually.

Yes it was a joke. I love the idea of Tuvar and Baddra and love the fact that MOTUC takes in from all of MOTU's continuities, but I dislike the nostlagia blindness that comes with the MOTUC. (Like Requesting Ram Man to be exactly like his past toys... unposeable, the extreme distaste for anything that isn't vintage MOTU... etc.)
    Tell me about it.

Heroic Warrior
    I've thought about this too. I think it would be cool to get them after we get Twobad but only as sort of cheapo kitbash bonus figures. They would be good subscription bonuses as they are not particularly needed but they would be cool to have.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I think it could be a cool idea to have them constructed like build a figures or something. Because of their different textures they would require a lot of new tooling (unless Mattel really cheaps out).

Sing it brother!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    WOO HOO!!!
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress