Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Who's Left in MOTUC Thread (the remaining figures / characters)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Alright, you opened a can of worms here. Filmation characters are lame? Let's start with Batros a guy who was smart enough to gain respect from Skeletor and challenged him to a fight even. Icer another guy who was a potential threat. Even Plundor who many consider lame was a guy that destroyed a whole planet. At least the Filmation guys had whole episodes based on them instead of 1 to 3 minutes of airtime. But this is just my opinion and I am not starting a war here.
    If Mattel had the Filmation rights, then there would be a whole bunch of one-episode characters that fans would want made. And most characters are one-episode characters that we never see again.

I'm sure if MYP had 65 episodes a season like Filmation did, that secondary characters would have been a lot more developed, like they did with Marzo, Sy-Klone, Roboto, Two Bad, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops, Evil-Lyn, Skeletor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Even Plundor who many consider lame was a guy that destroyed a whole planet.
    I don't care what he did.

GIANT. PINK. BUNNY. GUY.

LAME!

This isn't My Little Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Yes. I agree about Calix and Prahvus btw. Overrated.
    I like Prahvus for his looks and know he was suppose to be more integral to the Horde in Season 3.

Calix, I never cared for- he was a red shirt that was meant to die to show how evil Hordak was in under a minute. But I won't bemoan Horde fans for wanting him. It is true, we may have gotten more about him in flashback- who knows?
    Last edited by Steph; June 14, 2010 at 06:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I don't care what he did.

GIANT. PINK. BUNNY. GUY.

LAME!

This isn't My Little Pony.
    Never underestimate an evil rabbit!! Didn't you see Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Anyway, I'd love to see Plundor in MOTUC!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

If Mattel gets the rights to the Filmation library, I'll be rooting for fan favorites. Even Plundar, no matter how lame I think he is. HE should be a SDCC exclusive!

Mattel can certainly milk this line for a long time. Awesome!
    bnl4life

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I don't expect them ever to make Calix - on top of the fact he was a redshirt who died in around a minute to prove Hordak was an idiot (seriously, even Hordak admitted he was talking sense...), wouldn't he need an all-new sculpt on top of that? Maybe if they could have made him out of mostly-extant bits...

Surprised you didn't list Tuvar and Baddar.
    Anyone else forsee them being an SDCC two-pack one year?

That would be the man...or yak. Thanks for the name.
    I think we were referring to the Kulataks.. that almost get made in the 2002 line!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I don't expect them ever to make Calix - on top of the fact he was a redshirt who died in around a minute to prove Hordak was an idiot (seriously, even Hordak admitted he was talking sense...), wouldn't he need an all-new sculpt on top of that? Maybe if they could have made him out of mostly-extant bits...
    We've got a bunch of dead guys already in the line. What's one more Horde guy?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The only things I really want from 200x after Count Marzo are Evil Seed and the 3 giants so I can have a Council of Evil. Those are the only characters that I really enjoyed from MYP everything else I can live without. I don't even know who most of the characters named in this thread are. I might have to try to watch the dvds again.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    The only things I really want from 200x after Count Marzo are Evil Seed and the 3 giants so I can have a Council of Evil. Those are the only characters that I really enjoyed from MYP everything else I can live without. I don't even know who most of the characters named in this thread are. I might have to try to watch the dvds again.
    Remember that "If we could do Filmation, who would you want" thread that Toyguru started way back? This is the MYP version of that thread.

I should start a Jetlag version just for kicks...

Not that I want to see him made, but you forgot Sortek.

Now that he has been mentioned, let's never speak of him again.

Surprised you didn't list Tuvar and Baddar.
    I want Sortek!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Who knows what horrors Prahvus did in the Great Unrest until he got up to The Sorceress? Likewise, with Calix--he might have been quite the terror.

The moments that we see on screen aren't their only moments.
    I want Prahvus and Callix, too.

Emiliano, they listed the Kulatuks. I think they were referring to the Yak-looking/bison people seen on Randor's new Council of Eternia late in MYP. (Correct me if I'm wrong, gang!)

I would love to see any and all of the mentioned characters in Classics!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I want Sortek!
    All yours sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Emiliano, they listed the Kulatuks. I think they were referring to the Yak-looking/bison people seen on Randor's new Council of Eternia late in MYP. (Correct me if I'm wrong, gang!)
    That is the guy I am think of too.

EDIT:

I knew gbagok drew him at least once. The guy in the middle:
    Last edited by Steph; June 14, 2010 at 09:17pm.

Can someone please name each of those 5 characters ... that obviously is from one of the later eps I never seen.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Can someone please name each of those 5 characters ... that obviously is from one of the later eps I never seen.
    That image is not from an episode- it is a fan drawing for a fan series by gbagok and iceman from the forums. The two on the left are their creation for their "Book of Evil" fanfic. (It was easier to find their drawing than a screencap)

In the middle is King Taurius. Next to him is Lord Certatus, followed by Lord Dactys. Taurius only appeared once in the second season- he didn't do anything other than fill out the ranks of Randor's Council of Good.

I think he looks cool, but I don't think there is any chance of getting him.

Aha! Thanks Steph. That explains it.

The human looks a bit like that kid Leon from the Double-Bladed Sword mini-comic.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Remember that "If we could do Filmation, who would you want" thread that Toyguru started way back? This is the MYP version of that thread.
    Except that a huge part of MOTUC is based on the 200x era and Filmation is completely off limits. We will see obscure 200x characters before extremely popular Filmation characters such as Shadow Weaver. That is the only reason why some fans get upset seeing all this 200x stuff in MOTUC.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I also need to rewatch MYP. I haven't seen any episodes since it's original run. I like the screen caps of Calix.. He has a cool design that I think would look cool in plastic. But sounds like his character was terrible in the show..

Evilseed is my #1 want from the MYP characters.. but it really does help that he was in the filmation show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I think we were referring to the Kulataks.. that almost get made in the 2002 line!
    I admit I had to look up a Kalatak.. but I wish I coulda got one of these in the 200X line.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    I admit I had to look up a Kalatak.. but I wish I coulda got one of these in the 200X line.
    So sad, there are design drawing for the Kulataks in last years SDCC artbook.

Imagine how cool would have been during the Snakemen era of the 200x toy, that we would have gotten Clawful, Stinkor, Sorcerress, Marzo, Evilseed, the Kulataks, Speelians, Miro, etc.

I think we don't get all of the 200X Characters from your lists..
    But I think we'll get (after Faceless One in May 2011):

- Evil Seed
    - Hawk
    - Veena
    - Battle Lion
    - Lord Dactys
    - Ceratus
    - Prahvus
    - Shadow Beast
    - Dekker
    - Kulatak
    - Odiphus
    - Oracle
    - Horde Wizards
    - Calix

A-List 200X Variants:

- King Randor
    - Queen Marlena
    - Teela
    - Evil-Lyn
    - Orko
    - King Hssss
    - Sorceress
    - Prince Adam
    Last edited by Firesoullove; June 15, 2010 at 05:33am.

I think the point is, we've had (or soon will have) four of the major fan-favourites from MYP- King Grayskull, Keldor, Count Marzo and now Carnivus. The Faceless One comes in 2011...and so, for me, the only major players (who weren't even major...!) left are Evilseed and Lord Dactys. Hawk would be cool, as a female counterpart to Stratos, but I'm not bothered by Veena, who we know little about. Not bothered about Ceratus at this time as he's very similar to Whiplash.

I think Mattel will learn a lot from Carnivus' popularity and whether it's worth investing in other secondary characters. Remember, he hardly played a role in the episodes he was in, let alone the series and yet some have gone mad for him. Let's see...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Not bothered about all the characters listed, really don't wont the three giants, but would like Calix, Faceless One, Evilseed, Lord Certatus and Lord Dactys.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Prahvus had other appearances than Out of the Past. He also appears again in flashback form in Of Machines and Men. Fans might not remember that episode much because it was a commercial for the Battle Armor mech suits.

Prahvus DID steal Sortech's technology and created war machines, probably during the Great Unrest.

On a side note, I really enjoy 'Of Machines and Men' and think Sortek's tale is quite tragic. The Mecha-Armor suits ruin it, as the Samurai armour ruin 'The Mystery of Anwat Gar' for me. I wonder if this blights people's opinions of the episode itself?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    On a side note, I really enjoy 'Of Machines and Men' and think Sortek's tale is quite tragic. The Mecha-Armor suits ruin it, as the Samurai armour ruin 'The Mystery of Anwat Gar' for me. I wonder if this blights people's opinions of the episode itself?
    Personally, the concept of Sortek reminded me late season Thrudercat episode where Thrundarr had the giant gyroscope. If it gyroscope/Sortek were not protected, the whole plant would fall apart. I know both series are fantasy, but both concept were a stretch IMHO.

If they had toned down the cataclysmic effects of Sortek being thwarted- I would have like it better. Personally, as thin as it was, I think Anwat Gar was a better commercial.

Widget
    Do you think we'll ever get a 200x Prince Adam? I always preferred scrawny Adam to He-man Adam.