Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 331

Thread: The Official Who's Left in MOTUC Thread (the remaining figures / characters)

  1. #76
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Here Steph...more Sortech, the guy who controls all of the power that runs Eternia's machinery.
    He reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. "Hey! Pay no mind to man behind that machinery!"






    Quote Originally Posted by HiI'mCringer View Post
    Do you think we'll ever get a 200x Prince Adam? I always preferred scrawny Adam to He-man Adam.
    No doubt! Toyguru has mentioned that he would be appearing in this line multiple times. 200X Adam would be Adam a few years before he grows into Classic Adam.

    But the question is...will we get a young Adora or Teela?

    Young Adora is for the fans who want a young prince and princess of Eternia. Sorta like an unrevealed 200X version of Adora. Since She-Ra was coming in the third season of MYP, Adora couldn't be too far behind either.

    Young Teela, of course, is the MYP Teela, complete with ponytail. Another character that can go with young Adam.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 15, 2010 at 01:21pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,011
    I always thought Teela should stay older than Adam because she was always talking down to him anyway. Works better in my head anyway.

    People keep mentioning Captain Randor or MYP Randor, but it was Battle Armor Randor and Marlena that would be the awesome set--and he must come with an alt head wearing that crazy helmet!

    Callix is taking some knocks here for being the redshirt, but I always thought his full story was untold and that there may have been a reason Hordak singled him out to die (other than that he hated bad news). Perhaps he was a spy for the Rock People or something. That said, always thought he'd make a great opponent for Snake Face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Can someone please name each of those 5 characters ... that obviously is from one of the later eps I never seen.
    Certainly. Left to right: Unnamed Manotaur-looking character from "To Walk with Dragons" MYP episode (was named Gryphnar in the BoE story in which this artwork appeared), Prince Leon (from the mini comic "Double-Edged Sword" but aged to a teenager for our Return to Anwat Gar fan fiction), King Taurius (or Torius) from "Of Machines and Men" and "To Walk with Dragons", Ceratus of the Caligars from various MYP, and Lord Dactys of the Spelians also from various MYP.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Sortek might just be the most reviled character in the mythos...
    Huh, Waaaa? That cannot be possible. The Widgets, Gwildor, those awful ABC giants, Loo-Kee, he cannot have earned greater hatred than any of them--and if he did I demand a reason from every hater. There was nothing to hate about Sortech himself. The episode he was in was one of the more shallow toy-commercial concepts, but he was fine as a character and made the MYP technology seem more mystical than it had before. He just does not lend himself over to a MOTUC toy at all. He's a scrawny little techno-wizard covered in cables and robot arms and sporting a holographic head. I think of the available characters, he's probably the most unmakable in the MOTUC formula unless he's a large bonus item, and even though I don't know how they'd work in the hologram. Even Lighthope (apparently available according to the lastest Q and A) and Horde Supreme can be designed from almost scratch and could be made to fit the MOTUC bucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Pravis a scrub warlord who got his a** kicked by a weakened Sorceress again lame.
    It was not my impression that she was weakened during the fight, in fact I thought she was channeling her magic more effectively in that sequence than she had most any other time in the series. The guy's got a cool as-yet-unexplained glove, cool horns, and if they make that star-fish shaped sky-sled he was on, he'd be one sweet awesome large item toy.

  3. #78
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    People keep mentioning Captain Randor or MYP Randor, but it was Battle Armor Randor and Marlena that would be the awesome set--and he must come with an alt head wearing that crazy helmet!
    Randor DOES have alot of looks. So does Marlena. It's great to be the King!

    Callix is taking some knocks here for being the redshirt, but I always thought his full story was untold and that there may have been a reason Hordak singled him out to die (other than that he hated bad news). Perhaps he was a spy for the Rock People or something. That said, always thought he'd make a great opponent for Snake Face.
    Yeah, it was his ONLY known appearance. It's like Saurod...he probably had an entire history of evil deeds before he was killed.

    Huh, Waaaa? That cannot be possible. The Widgets, Gwildor, those awful ABC giants, Loo-Kee, he cannot have earned greater hatred than any of them--and if he did I demand a reason from every hater. There was nothing to hate about Sortech himself. The episode he was in was one of the more shallow toy-commercial concepts, but he was fine as a character and made the MYP technology seem more mystical than it had before. He just does not lend himself over to a MOTUC toy at all. He's a scrawny little techno-wizard covered in cables and robot arms and sporting a holographic head. I think of the available characters, he's probably the most unmakable in the MOTUC formula unless he's a large bonus item, and even though I don't know how they'd work in the hologram. Even Lighthope (apparently available according to the lastest Q and A) and Horde Supreme can be designed from almost scratch and could be made to fit the MOTUC bucks.
    I was counting MYP, not Filmation or the other canons. Sorry, I should have been more clearer.

    The ABC giants are bad? I think they are better than Tytus or Megator. They certainly have better weapons...

    It was not my impression that she was weakened during the fight, in fact I thought she was channeling her magic more effectively in that sequence than she had most any other time in the series. The guy's got a cool as-yet-unexplained glove, cool horns, and if they make that star-fish shaped sky-sled he was on, he'd be one sweet awesome large item toy.
    I don't get the whole weakened thing either. The Sorceress is very powerful, despite her reputation of usually being a damsel in distress.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah, it was his ONLY known appearance. It's like Saurod...he probably had an entire history of evil deeds before he was killed.
    OMG, Saurod was totally a heroic warrior pretending to be a bounty hunter. He wanted to help He-Man so he went to Earth with the others, he even used his species special spike-finger salute to show his sympathy but those dumb Eternians mistook it for an attack, so in the end he tried to assassinate Skeletor only to die in a noble sacrifice.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I was counting MYP, not Filmation or the other canons. Sorry, I should have been more clearer.

    The ABC giants are bad? I think they are better than Tytus or Megator. They certainly have better weapons...
    Oh, those giants were loathed like few others when MYP came out. I still think they were more annoying than threatening, and personally I dislike that they seemed to ruin the whole "giants lived in the past thing.

  5. #80
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It was not my impression that she was weakened during the fight, in fact I thought she was channeling her magic more effectively in that sequence than she had most any other time in the series. The guy's got a cool as-yet-unexplained glove, cool horns, and if they make that star-fish shaped sky-sled he was on, he'd be one sweet awesome large item toy.
    IIRC. she mentions when describing the events that she'd left much of her power behind in Grayskull, but the power she had "was enough".

  6. #81
    Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    The only ones I would not mind seeing from the 200X line would be Faceless One, Evilseed, and King Miro but that is it. All the rest in my opinion are not worthy to have a figure in MOTUC. I mean come on Calix, a guy who got a minute of airtime just to die lame character. Pravis a scrub warlord who got his a** kicked by a weakened Sorceress again lame. I could go on and on about these lame characters.
    I agree with you.

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,330
    For fun, I decided to see how many MYP character we could get by 2016 by limiting new release to 2 a year, plus 1 quarterly figure, plus on beast/2pack slot. It is possible to get almost everyone.

    2011
    Figure A: Faceless One (announced)
    Figure B: Lord Dactys
    Quarterly: MYP Evil Lyn
    Beast/2 pack: Battle Lion

    2012
    Figure A: Prahvus
    Figure B: MYP Sorceress
    Quarterly: Zeehlar
    Beast/2 pack: Beastman's Griffon

    2013
    Figure A: Captain Miro
    Figure B: Calix
    Quarterly: Veena with Oracle
    Beast/2 pack: Marzo's dogs with Cursed Marzo

    2014
    Figure A: Kulatak Elder
    Figure B: Horde Wizard
    Quarterly: MYP Captain/King Randor
    Beast/2 pack: Tuvar and Baddar (2-pack)

    2015
    Figure A: Lord Certatus
    Figure B: Dekker
    Quarterly: MYP Adam
    Beast/2 pack: Battle Armor Randor & Marlena

    2016
    Figure A: Evilseed
    Figure B: Hawke
    Quarterly: MYP Teela
    Beast/2 pack: Shadow Beast

    Didn't fit:
    King Taurius
    Sortex
    Andreenid Queen
    Stingrad
    Grayskull's Masters/Council of Elders
    Giant, Azdar
    Giant, Beldar
    Giant, Chazdar
    Serpos

    Army Builders/2 packs not specific to MYP only:
    Eternos Guards
    Snake Men
    Bone Warriors

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior Bulkhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vagabond
    Posts
    1,567
    Steph, that's pretty cool. I could totally live with all those releases just like that. Sounds Great!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

  9. #84
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Who knows what horrors Prahvus did in the Great Unrest until he got up to The Sorceress? Likewise, with Calix--he might have been quite the terror.

    The moments that we see on screen aren't their only moments.
    exactly...that's why I refuse to judge King Grayskull solely by the one episode appearance he was it; there's probably a lot more they were going to show us, and it never happened. I think they would've made him a very cool character that people would've found very appealing had the opportunity been given.

    BTW, could someone fill me in who King Taurius and Zeehlar are? I hear someone mentioning about King Taurius being "the Yak guy", but other than that I don't remember the character; anyone got any screen shots?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  10. #85
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    For fun, I decided to see how many MYP character we could get by 2016 by limiting new release to 2 a year, plus 1 quarterly figure, plus on beast/2pack slot. It is possible to get almost everyone.

    2011
    Figure A: Faceless One (announced)
    Figure B: Lord Dactys
    Quarterly: MYP Evil Lyn
    Beast/2 pack: Battle Lion

    2012
    Figure A: Prahvus
    Figure B: MYP Sorceress
    Quarterly: Zeehlar
    Beast/2 pack: Beastman's Griffon

    2013
    Figure A: Captain Miro
    Figure B: Calix
    Quarterly: Veena with Oracle
    Beast/2 pack: Marzo's dogs with Cursed Marzo

    2014
    Figure A: Kulatak Elder
    Figure B: Horde Wizard
    Quarterly: MYP Captain/King Randor
    Beast/2 pack: Tuvar and Baddar (2-pack)

    2015
    Figure A: Lord Certatus
    Figure B: Dekker
    Quarterly: MYP Adam
    Beast/2 pack: Battle Armor Randor & Marlena

    2016
    Figure A: Evilseed
    Figure B: Hawke
    Quarterly: MYP Teela
    Beast/2 pack: Shadow Beast

    Didn't fit:
    King Taurius
    Sortex
    Andreenid Queen
    Stingrad
    Grayskull's Masters/Council of Elders
    Giant, Azdar
    Giant, Beldar
    Giant, Chazdar
    Serpos

    Army Builders/2 packs not specific to MYP only:
    Eternos Guards
    Snake Men
    Bone Warriors
    We are already told no myp versions EXCEPT i THINK Prince adam, so removing them will leave us

    2011
    Figure A: Faceless One (announced)
    Figure B: Lord Dactys
    Quarterly:Marzo's dogs with Cursed Marzo
    Beast/2 pack: Battle Lion

    2012
    Figure A: Prahvus
    Figure B: Zeehlar
    Quarterly: tuvar
    Beast/2 pack: Beastman's Griffon

    2013
    Figure A: Captain Miro
    Figure B: Calix
    Quarterly: Veena
    Beast/2 pack: serpos

    2014
    Figure A: Kulatak Elder
    Figure B: Horde Wizard
    Quarterly: baddhra
    Beast/2 pack: abc giant

    2015
    Figure A: Lord Certatus
    Figure B: Dekker
    Quarterly: MYP Adam
    Beast/2 pack: abc Giant

    2016
    Figure A: Evilseed
    Figure B: Hawke
    Quarterly: Shadow beast
    Beast/2 pack: ABC Giant(ANY)

    Didn't fit:
    Grayskull's Masters/Council of Elders


    Army Builders/2 packs not specific to MYP only:
    Eternos Guards
    Snake Men
    Bone Warriors
    HORDE TROOPS
    [/QUOTE]

  11. #86
    The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    4,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Anyone else forsee them being an SDCC two-pack one year?
    That is an awesome idea!!

  12. #87
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    I hafta admit that if they ever get the filmation license I will not be getting the Sub anymore, and its the same for MYP- Im happy with Carnivus and Marzo, but if the 'New' characters start outnumbering the 'Classic updates' then Im out! and will line up on matty monthly!

    Im only interested in Updates of the Classic POP,MOTU and NA, thats why I love this line.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    We are already told no myp versions EXCEPT i THINK Prince adam, so removing them will leave us
    MYP Adam has been mentioned planned many times along with MYP Evil Lyn. "Captain Randor" has been mentioned and hinted by Toyguru on mods on the Mattel board. MYP Sorceress fits Toyguru's rule "if the designs are significantly different, characters will likely get a 2 figures". Teela is the only one never mentioned, but I listed her as a fan favorite. So they are possibilities. Having them appear as quarterly figures makes sense because Toyguru has (for now) declared that the quarterly will be A-List character variants.

    Personally, the only MYP A-list character update I would want is the Sorceress, cause she did not get a toy in the 200x line. The rest I am happy with the 200x versions.

    I realize my first list is not perfect, but Marzo's dogs and Shadow beast could not be a quarterly due to price and tooling. Assuming the Shadow Beasts would be model on Gygor, and Marzo's dogs would be completely new figures. Honestly, I think Marzo's dogs are a pipe dream- so I removed them. And if we want to "cheat", the Shadow Beast could be claimed by vintage and 200x fans- so no need to list them as specific 200x characters.

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior kelddorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    The only ones I would not mind seeing from the 200X line would be Faceless One, Evilseed, and King Miro but that is it. All the rest in my opinion are not worthy to have a figure in MOTUC. I mean come on Calix, a guy who got a minute of airtime just to die lame character. Pravis a scrub warlord who got his a** kicked by a weakened Sorceress again lame. I could go on and on about these lame characters.
    evilseed and faceless one would be awsome, faceless one is one of my favorite 200x characters too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    For fun, I decided to see how many MYP character we could get by 2016 by limiting new release to 2 a year, plus 1 quarterly figure, plus on beast/2pack slot. It is possible to get almost everyone.

    2011
    Figure A: Faceless One (announced)
    Figure B: Lord Dactys
    Quarterly: MYP Evil Lyn
    Beast/2 pack: Battle Lion

    2012
    Figure A: Prahvus
    Figure B: MYP Sorceress
    Quarterly: Zeehlar
    Beast/2 pack: Beastman's Griffon

    2013
    Figure A: Captain Miro
    Figure B: Calix
    Quarterly: Veena with Oracle
    Beast/2 pack: Marzo's dogs with Cursed Marzo

    2014
    Figure A: Kulatak Elder
    Figure B: Horde Wizard
    Quarterly: MYP Captain/King Randor
    Beast/2 pack: Tuvar and Baddar (2-pack)

    2015
    Figure A: Lord Certatus
    Figure B: Dekker
    Quarterly: MYP Adam
    Beast/2 pack: Battle Armor Randor & Marlena

    2016
    Figure A: Evilseed
    Figure B: Hawke
    Quarterly: MYP Teela
    Beast/2 pack: Shadow Beast

    Didn't fit:
    King Taurius
    Sortex
    Andreenid Queen
    Stingrad
    Grayskull's Masters/Council of Elders
    Giant, Azdar
    Giant, Beldar
    Giant, Chazdar
    Serpos

    Army Builders/2 packs not specific to MYP only:
    Eternos Guards
    Snake Men
    Bone Warriors
    when was faceless one announced and where i must have missed it?
    Last edited by kelddorr; June 27, 2010 at 11:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #90
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by kelddorr View Post
    when was faceless one announced and where i must have missed it?
    A long, LONG time ago he was mentioned for May 2011, and more recently they confirmed he was still on for Q2 2011.

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    2012
    Figure A: Prahvus
    Figure B: MYP Sorceress
    Quarterly: Zeehlar
    Beast/2 pack: Beastman's Griffon
    While it's not going to matter much with the all-in sub, I'm pretty sure the MYP Sorceress would be a variant and thus a Quarterly figure, while Zeehlar wouldn't be a variant and so would be a regular figure. I kind of doubt he'll come out as soon as 2012, but there are always surprises (and to be fair, the variant as bonus figure idea may change by then too).

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    While it's not going to matter much with the all-in sub, I'm pretty sure the MYP Sorceress would be a variant and thus a Quarterly figure, while Zeehlar wouldn't be a variant and so would be a regular figure. I kind of doubt he'll come out as soon as 2012, but there are always surprises (and to be fair, the variant as bonus figure idea may change by then too).
    I placed MYP Sorceress as a regular release cause I figured she would require more tooling that is currently seen in the quarterly figures. Once she or Veena is made, the remaining one could be a quarterly by reusing parts.

    For Zeehlar, all they need to do now is make a new helmet-less head and put that on Zodak's body. Swap out He-ro's trunks with Carnivus loin cloth, and paint his grey under suit on and you have a cheap quarterly figure. The could give him Keldor's cape or splurge and make his half cape.

    Time release wise I picked wasn't set in stone- I was just trying to spread characters out. If it were up to me, Evilseed would be out next week. Sadly for me, I could see Mattel holding hostage for several years. That is okay though. With the release of Marzo and Carnivus, I feel a lot better about MYP characters making it into the line.

  18. #93
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,893
    Is Zeehlar Zodak's brother? Cause otherwise I honestly don't remember him.

    And who was King Taurius?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior Bulkhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vagabond
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Is Zeehlar Zodak's brother? Cause otherwise I honestly don't remember him.

    And who was King Taurius?
    Yes. Zeehlar is Zodak's brother who was eaten alive by King Hsss.

    Taurius was part of Randor's new council of leaders. He was only in the background a couple of times.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I placed MYP Sorceress as a regular release cause I figured she would require more tooling that is currently seen in the quarterly figures. Once she or Veena is made, the remaining one could be a quarterly by reusing parts.

    For Zeehlar, all they need to do now is make a new helmet-less head and put that on Zodak's body. Swap out He-ro's trunks with Carnivus loin cloth, and paint his grey under suit on and you have a cheap quarterly figure. The could give him Keldor's cape or splurge and make his half cape.
    I get where you're coming from, but the minor tooling doesn't sound like it's a distinguishing factor for bonus figures anymore. The last I saw from Toyguru, bonus figures are how all variants will be released, and that they'll usually be more than just repaints like the slower selling Zodak and Goddess were. If the lesser tooling is still big though and they reused parts from Veena for MYP Sorceress (I guess they could create MOTUC stylized armor that could pass for both), they'd definitely put MYP Sorceress in the bonus slot. I'm not sure if King Grayskull coming out later this year as a bonus figure is considered a variant of King Grayskull's earlier release, or a variant of He-Man though. If he's considered a He-Man variant, then people like Veena, Oracle, and Demo-Man might all be considered variants.
    Last edited by gbagok; June 27, 2010 at 08:42pm.

  21. #96
    Heroic Warrior bamf1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,805

    So What's Left?

    So I was bored at work today and compiled a list of everything that has yet to be made/announced from MOTU, POP, and NA. I wasn't sure what to do with MOTU 200x, and I wasn't sure which variants may be considered too Anime Hyper Detailed, so I only included Snake Armor He-Man (arguably the most important variant) and the Battle Raptor (the only 200x beast not represented in the vintage line) from 200x. This list does not include characters like Eldor or the Star Sisters that made it to prototype form, nor does it include any other characters that Mattel has rights to via other media (Lodar, Marlena, Garn, etc).

    The line is supposed to last through 2016, though recent posts suggest the line may run through 2017, which means we might be looking at the following:

    72 - 84 monthly figures
    24-28 quarterly figures
    24-28 beasts/large scale figures/multi-packs
    6-7 SDCC exclusives
    6-7 Club Eternia exclusives

    So far, we have 2 unaccounted for figures in 2010, one beast in 2010, and 11 unaccounted for figures in 2011 (Faceless One in May takes the 12th slot)

    By my calculations, this is what remains:
    67 monthly figures (65 if Kowl and Loo-Kee are pack-ins)
    24 Bonus figures (all variants)
    29 Beasts (including variants and animal-like transports ie. Battle Bones and Butterflyer)

    What this means is that, depending on whether the line runs through 2016 or 2017, and IF we are to assume that we will get everything from the vintage line, the wiggle room that we have (including the remainder of 2010) is the following:

    6-18 Monthly Figures (8-20 if Kowl and Loo-Kee are pack-ins
    4 Bonus Figures
    -4 - 0 Beasts
    6-7 SDCC Exclusives
    6-7 Club Eternia Exclusives

    Definitely more breathing room in some areas than there is in others...

    And in case anyone is interested in the complete list, here it is...

    Monthly Figures (67)
    Blade
    Blast-Attack
    Buzz-Off
    Clamp Champ
    Clawful
    Dragstor
    Extendar
    Fisto
    Gwildor
    Jitsu
    King Hiss
    Kobra Khan
    Leech
    Man-E-Faces
    Mantenna
    Mekaneck
    Mosquitor
    Ninjor
    Ram-Man
    Rattlor
    Rio Blast
    Roboto
    Rokkon
    Saurod
    Snake Face
    Snout Spout
    Sorceress
    Spikor
    Sssqueeze
    Stinkor
    Stonedar
    Sy-Klone
    Tung Lashor
    Two-Bad
    Angella
    Bow
    Castaspella
    Catra
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Flutterina
    Frosta
    Glimmer
    Kowl
    Loo-Kee
    Mermista
    Netossa
    Peekablue
    Perfuma
    Spinerella
    Sweet Bee
    Artilla
    Butthead
    Flipshot
    Flogg
    Hoove
    Hydron
    Karatti
    Kayo
    Lizorr
    Nocturna
    Quakke
    Slush Head
    Spinwit
    Staghorn
    Tuskador
    Vizar

    Bonus Figures (24)

    Battle Armor Skeletor
    Buzz Saw Hordak
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Flying Fists He-Man
    Hurricane Hordak
    Laser Light Skeletor
    Laser Power He-Man
    Terror Claws Skeletor
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Bubble Power She-Ra
    Scratchin’ Sound Catra
    Show Power Catra
    Starburst She-Ra
    Battle Blade Skeletor
    Battle Punching He-Man
    Disk of Doom Skeletor
    He-Man (NA)
    Hook Em Flogg
    Missile Armor Flipshot
    Skeletor (NA)
    Spin Fist Hydron
    Thunder Punch He-Man (NA)
    Too-Tall Hoove
    Snake Armor He-Man

    Beasts (29)
    Battle Bones
    Battle Rator
    Bionatops
    Horde Trooper (Army Builder Two-Pack)
    Mantisaur
    Megator
    Modulok
    Monstroid
    Multi Bot
    Night Stalker
    Panthor
    Rotar
    Stridor
    Turbodactyl
    Twistoid
    Tyrantisaurus Rex
    Arrow
    Butterflyer
    Clawdeen
    Crystal Monbeam
    Crystal Sun Dancer
    Crystal Swift Wind
    Enchanta
    Royal Swift Wind
    Sea Harp
    Silver Storm
    Storm
    Swift Wind
    Sagitar
    Last edited by bamf1980; July 12, 2010 at 04:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #97
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,755
    I think we'll have plenty of folks to fill that space, like Lodar and other mini comic-only characters. Battle Lion may be a beast, but TG also said a "beast" slot might be a 2 pack, so a pack of Kobolds or Kex or whatever could take that as well.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  23. #98
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    For fun, I decided to see how many MYP character we could get by 2016 by limiting new release to 2 a year, plus 1 quarterly figure, plus on beast/2pack slot. It is possible to get almost everyone.
    What follows are nitpicks, based on the current expression of Mattel's ever-so-consistant rules. Take that into consideration

    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    2012
    [...]
    Figure B: MYP Sorceress
    This would be a quarterly figure (and as such basically require both Filmation-style Sorceress and Queen Angella - the latter so there's suitable wings available - to be out first)

    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    2013 [...]
    Quarterly: Veena with Oracle
    A "Veena with Oracle" pack would have to be either an oversized/beast pack, or a con-exclusive. As they explained Adam/Orko, they couldn't pack-in Orko at the standard $20 price point, which all the sub figures are fixed as being (and even if the price goes up for 2012 or later, that won't change the basic point). Since both the standard and "Quarterly A-list variant" figures are fixed at that standard price point, Veena could only fit there if she's solo (and if that were the case, she'd probably be a "monthly" rather than a "quarterly" figure since she's a separate character from the Sorceress?).
    Last edited by Reboot; July 12, 2010 at 06:34pm.

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I think we'll have plenty of folks to fill that space, like Lodar and other mini comic-only characters. Battle Lion may be a beast, but TG also said a "beast" slot might be a 2 pack, so a pack of Kobolds or Kex or whatever could take that as well.
    While I'd love Kex or Kobold army builders, at the rate of 1 2-pack a year, I don't expect to see either of them any time soon. Eternian soldiers, Snake Men, Horde Troopers, Tuvar and Badra, and maybe Skeletor's bone warriors seem like they'd come sooner. Not that the number of 2-packs can't change or anything, but I'd even expect to see the beast men mentioned in Gygor's bio first as well. Though I think, if they did mention Kobolds, it's a great case for not making Lodar the sub-exclusive. How many people would want army builders for a bad guy that not everyone can get? They'd sell more figures if they kept him and his servants available to more fans.

  25. #100
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    So I was bored at work today and compiled a list of everything that has yet to be made/announced from MOTU, POP, and NA. I wasn't sure what to do with MOTU 200x, and I wasn't sure which variants may be considered too Anime Hyper Detailed, so I only included Snake Armor He-Man (arguably the most important variant) and the Battle Raptor (the only 200x beast not represented in the vintage line) from 200x. This list does not include characters like Eldor or the Star Sisters that made it to prototype form, nor does it include any other characters that Mattel has rights to via other media (Lodar, Marlena, Garn, etc).

    The line is supposed to last through 2016, though recent posts suggest the line may run through 2017, which means we might be looking at the following:

    72 - 84 monthly figures
    24-28 quarterly figures
    24-28 beasts/large scale figures/multi-packs
    6-7 SDCC exclusives
    6-7 Club Eternia exclusives

    So far, we have 2 unaccounted for figures in 2010, one beast in 2010, and 11 unaccounted for figures in 2011 (Faceless One in May takes the 12th slot)

    By my calculations, this is what remains:
    67 monthly figures (65 if Kowl and Loo-Kee are pack-ins)
    24 Bonus figures (all variants)
    29 Beasts (including variants and animal-like transports ie. Battle Bones and Butterflyer)

    What this means is that, depending on whether the line runs through 2016 or 2017, and IF we are to assume that we will get everything from the vintage line, the wiggle room that we have (including the remainder of 2010) is the following:

    6-18 Monthly Figures (8-20 if Kowl and Loo-Kee are pack-ins
    4 Bonus Figures
    -4 - 0 Beasts
    6-7 SDCC Exclusives
    6-7 Club Eternia Exclusives

    Definitely more breathing room in some areas than there is in others...

    And in case anyone is interested in the complete list, here it is...

    Monthly Figures (67)
    Blade
    Blast-Attack
    Buzz-Off
    Clamp Champ
    Clawful
    Dragstor
    Extendar
    Fisto
    Gwildor
    Jitsu
    King Hiss
    Kobra Khan
    Leech
    Man-E-Faces
    Mantenna
    Mekaneck
    Mosquitor
    Ninjor
    Ram-Man
    Rattlor
    Rio Blast
    Roboto
    Rokkon
    Saurod
    Snake Face
    Snout Spout
    Sorceress
    Spikor
    Sssqueeze
    Stinkor
    Stonedar
    Sy-Klone
    Tung Lashor
    Two-Bad
    Angella
    Bow
    Castaspella
    Catra
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Flutterina
    Frosta
    Glimmer
    Kowl
    Loo-Kee
    Mermista
    Netossa
    Peekablue
    Perfuma
    Spinerella
    Sweet Bee
    Artilla
    Butthead
    Flipshot
    Flogg
    Hoove
    Hydron
    Karatti
    Kayo
    Lizorr
    Nocturna
    Quakke
    Slush Head
    Spinwit
    Staghorn
    Tuskador
    Vizar

    Bonus Figures (24)

    Battle Armor Skeletor
    Buzz Saw Hordak
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Flying Fists He-Man
    Hurricane Hordak
    Laser Light Skeletor
    Laser Power He-Man
    Terror Claws Skeletor
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Bubble Power She-Ra
    Scratchin’ Sound Catra
    Show Power Catra
    Starburst She-Ra
    Battle Blade Skeletor
    Battle Punching He-Man
    Disk of Doom Skeletor
    He-Man (NA)
    Hook Em Flogg
    Missile Armor Flipshot
    Skeletor (NA)
    Spin Fist Hydron
    Thunder Punch He-Man (NA)
    Too-Tall Hoove
    Snake Armor He-Man

    Beasts (29)
    Battle Bones
    Battle Rator
    Bionatops
    Horde Trooper (Army Builder Two-Pack)
    Mantisaur
    Megator
    Modulok
    Monstroid
    Multi Bot
    Night Stalker
    Panthor
    Rotar
    Stridor
    Turbodactyl
    Twistoid
    Tyrantisaurus Rex
    Arrow
    Butterflyer
    Clawdeen
    Crystal Monbeam
    Crystal Sun Dancer
    Crystal Swift Wind
    Enchanta
    Royal Swift Wind
    Sea Harp
    Silver Storm
    Storm
    Swift Wind
    Sagitar
    The star sisters had prototypes and think they're far game too. Not sure about Mara though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •