Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Who's Left in MOTUC Thread (the remaining figures / characters)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Major update to the first post!

From my count, we have 76 figures left. Only 40 left for the vintage fans out there. 19 POP characters are left and 17 NA characters.

12 figures each year X 6 more years until the end of 2016 = 72 figures. This means that we'll be getting mostly everyone by then (The Galactic Protectors would be finishing up in 2017), just as Toyguru said.

Even getting all of the figure variants are done in 5 and a half years, with 1 release to spare (Counting the Faceless One) until the end of 2016.

Of course, this doesn't count "new characters" such as Queen Marlena, Eternos Guards, MYP characters, mini-comic characters, DC comic characters, Filmation characters, Jetlag characters, Golden Book characters or 87' movie characters (you never know) or concept characters. I hate to fire up the paranoia crowd, but all of these WILL take up slots, making the line last longer (although some characters will come out later).
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 13, 2010 at 07:45am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Major update to the first post!

From my count, we have 76 figures left. Only 40 left for the vintage fans out there. 19 POP characters are left and 17 NA characters.

12 figures each year X 6 more years until the end of 2016 = 72 figures. This means that we'll be getting mostly everyone by then (The Galactic Protectors would be finishing up in 2017), just as Toyguru said.

Even getting all of the figure variants are done in 5 and a half years, with 1 release to spare (Counting the Faceless One) until the end of 2016.

Of course, this doesn't count "new characters" such as Queen Marlena, Eternos Guards, MYP characters, mini-comic characters, DC comic characters, Filmation characters, Jetlag characters, Golden Book characters or 87' movie characters (you never know) or concept characters. I hate to fire up the paranoia crowd, but all of these WILL take up slots, making the line last longer (although some characters will come out later).
    Oops, guess we got merged by the mods. Wasn't trying to hijack your thread....this one seemed to be all about 200x. All I wanted to accomlish was finding out just how likely we are to get all of the vintage stuff.
    Oh well...if nothing else, I guess I lit a fire under you to get that first post updated.

I wonder...can this line last longer than 2017? I mean, if they did get Filmation rights, would it sustain the line for a few more years? Or would the line just not have that form of longevity?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I wonder...can this line last longer than 2017? I mean, if they did get Filmation rights, would it sustain the line for a few more years? Or would the line just not have that form of longevity?
    I can't see the line lasting once they cover the original toy characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Oops, guess we got merged by the mods. Wasn't trying to hijack your thread....this one seemed to be all about 200x. All I wanted to accomlish was finding out just how likely we are to get all of the vintage stuff.
    This thread was originally to monitor the original figures. A 200X thread was merged into it.

Oh well...if nothing else, I guess I lit a fire under you to get that first post updated.
    No, but Val did!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    It think it can. MOTUC has a fanbase who will blindly purchase figures no matter who the characters are. I'd expect that the line would take a hit as soon as the last vintage character gets sold, but there are fans who do want MOTUC to continue.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 13, 2010 at 10:06am.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    So I was bored at work today and compiled a list of everything that has yet to be made/announced from MOTU, POP, and NA. I wasn't sure what to do with MOTU 200x, and I wasn't sure which variants may be considered too Anime Hyper Detailed, so I only included Snake Armor He-Man (arguably the most important variant) and the Battle Raptor (the only 200x beast not represented in the vintage line) from 200x. This list does not include characters like Eldor or the Star Sisters that made it to prototype form, nor does it include any other characters that Mattel has rights to via other media (Lodar, Marlena, Garn, etc).

The line is supposed to last through 2016, though recent posts suggest the line may run through 2017, which means we might be looking at the following:

72 - 84 monthly figures
    24-28 quarterly figures
    24-28 beasts/large scale figures/multi-packs
    6-7 SDCC exclusives
    6-7 Club Eternia exclusives

So far, we have 2 unaccounted for figures in 2010, one beast in 2010, and 11 unaccounted for figures in 2011 (Faceless One in May takes the 12th slot)

By my calculations, this is what remains:
    67 monthly figures (65 if Kowl and Loo-Kee are pack-ins)
    24 Bonus figures (all variants)
    29 Beasts (including variants and animal-like transports ie. Battle Bones and Butterflyer)

What this means is that, depending on whether the line runs through 2016 or 2017, and IF we are to assume that we will get everything from the vintage line, the wiggle room that we have (including the remainder of 2010) is the following:

6-18 Monthly Figures (8-20 if Kowl and Loo-Kee are pack-ins
    4 Bonus Figures
    -4 - 0 Beasts
    6-7 SDCC Exclusives
    6-7 Club Eternia Exclusives

Definitely more breathing room in some areas than there is in others...

And in case anyone is interested in the complete list, here it is...

Monthly Figures (67)
    Blade
    Blast-Attack
    Buzz-Off
    Clamp Champ
    Clawful
    Dragstor
    Extendar
    Fisto
    Gwildor
    Jitsu
    King Hiss
    Kobra Khan
    Leech
    Man-E-Faces
    Mantenna
    Mekaneck
    Mosquitor
    Ninjor
    Ram-Man
    Rattlor
    Rio Blast
    Roboto
    Rokkon
    Saurod
    Snake Face
    Snout Spout
    Sorceress
    Spikor
    Sssqueeze
    Stinkor
    Stonedar
    Sy-Klone
    Tung Lashor
    Two-Bad
    Angella
    Bow
    Castaspella
    Catra
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Flutterina
    Frosta
    Glimmer
    Kowl
    Loo-Kee
    Mermista
    Netossa
    Peekablue
    Perfuma
    Spinerella
    Sweet Bee
    Artilla
    Butthead
    Flipshot
    Flogg
    Hoove
    Hydron
    Karatti
    Kayo
    Lizorr
    Nocturna
    Quakke
    Slush Head
    Spinwit
    Staghorn
    Tuskador
    Vizar

Bonus Figures (24)

Battle Armor Skeletor
    Buzz Saw Hordak
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Flying Fists He-Man
    Hurricane Hordak
    Laser Light Skeletor
    Laser Power He-Man
    Terror Claws Skeletor
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Bubble Power She-Ra
    Scratchin’ Sound Catra
    Show Power Catra
    Starburst She-Ra
    Battle Blade Skeletor
    Battle Punching He-Man
    Disk of Doom Skeletor
    He-Man (NA)
    Hook Em Flogg
    Missile Armor Flipshot
    Skeletor (NA)
    Spin Fist Hydron
    Thunder Punch He-Man (NA)
    Too-Tall Hoove
    Snake Armor He-Man

Beasts (29)
    Battle Bones
    Battle Rator
    Bionatops
    Horde Trooper (Army Builder Two-Pack)
    Mantisaur
    Megator
    Modulok
    Monstroid
    Multi Bot
    Night Stalker
    Panthor
    Rotar
    Stridor
    Turbodactyl
    Twistoid
    Tyrantisaurus Rex
    Arrow
    Butterflyer
    Clawdeen
    Crystal Monbeam
    Crystal Sun Dancer
    Crystal Swift Wind
    Enchanta
    Royal Swift Wind
    Sea Harp
    Silver Storm
    Storm
    Swift Wind
    Sagitar
    Out of your list I would like to see these top 5.

1 Sy-Klone
    2 Multi-Bot
    3 Spikor
    4 Buzz Off
    5 Horde Trooper two pack

They said they could do Darius, but last we heard, even they're not sure about Mara right now. Maybe she's one of those characters that Toy Guru was referring to when he said it looked like the rights issues have cleared up and they have enough to go into 2017.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

First Post updated. 37 more vintage characters left.

NA's Sagitar is left off these lists. He is one differently, unique character 4HM will perhaps have much fun with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    NA's Sagitar is left off these lists. He is one differently, unique character 4HM will perhaps have much fun with.
    I have him on the list...

I can see why some people don't count him. He's a Large Scale Beast, but a major character at the same time. I usually count him though.

G'day MGM,

Do you think we should add Fright Zone Dragon as a separate beast figure?

After all, if we get playsets in MOTUC I cannot see the 4H and Matty reprising the dreaded sock-puppet idea. So if we were to hypothesise a list where its possible we may get playsets, then I think its possible we may get an articulated FZ Dragon & if we did, the playset would be too expensive in its own right to sell inclusive of a properly articulated dragon figure.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I don't think NA He-Man and Thunder Punch He-Man are basically the same. They look pretty different to me.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Sweet Bee is missing from the POP list.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Sweet Bee is missing from the POP list.
    Great catch!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't think NA He-Man and Thunder Punch He-Man are basically the same. They look pretty different to me.
    The NA He-Man variants just looked as if they were trying to bulk up He-Man to his old standards, by improving on the first NA figure. Like it's the same character and outfit, but with the old MOTU proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    G'day MGM,

Do you think we should add Fright Zone Dragon as a separate beast figure?

After all, if we get playsets in MOTUC I cannot see the 4H and Matty reprising the dreaded sock-puppet idea. So if we were to hypothesise a list where its possible we may get playsets, then I think its possible we may get an articulated FZ Dragon & if we did, the playset would be too expensive in its own right to sell inclusive of a properly articulated dragon figure.
    I don't see the Fright Zone Beast as being separate from the Fright Zone itself.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 9, 2010 at 02:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I won't be adding never before created characters to this list since we don't know exactly who else Mattel will make. This is for the characters who have had figures before. It would be a guessing game trying to figure out every MYP, mini-comic or DC comics character that they could make.
    Well, we know Mattel plan on doing MYP Sorceress, MYP Adam, MYP Evil-Lyn and MYP Randor, since they've said so.

The "rules" on making MYP characters seem to be:
    1) Named characters original to the MYP cartoon who didn't get toys in the 200X run, and who have no counterpart in the vintage line(s) [e.g., Carnivus, Faceless One]
    2) Characters who were originally Filmation-only, but who were recreated for the MYP cartoon [e.g. Marzo, Evil Seed]
    3) Characters whose MYP versions are so radically different in design or colour scheme from the pre-200X version(s) that no amount of "stripping away" "animehyperdetail" can make an argument that they're the same design at their core [e.g. Sorceress, Evil-Lyn]

(1) is the widest grouping, and probably the hardest to distinguish between too-small-to-bother-with cameos and characters they'll get round to - but they have said some others, like Veena.

(2) is a very finite grouping (Marzo, Evil Seed... anyone else?) and will certainly be completed if the line lasts. These can easily be included.

(3) is finite, but slightly subjective - while the "standard" MYP Marlena is different from Filmation-style Marlena, I doubt they'll do both - at most they might do a white-dress con-only version for SDCC and put the green on MattyCollector (ala colour-change Orko/standard Orko) - but the S2 "Battle Armour Marlena" design is quite possible though. For the most part, a simple compare-and-contrast could sort most of these possibilities out.

He has probably been dealt with somewhere and I'm missing it but I'm not seeing Eldor on the list. He is a definite lock for a figure.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I updated my humongous list of who's left in MOTUC here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2508151
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Who's left from the A, B and C-Lists?

So, the fact that the line is planned until 2016 now had me thinking about A-List characters and just how spread out they might be. We've seen many of them already and even popular secondary characters- but who, in your eyes, is left from the A-List? And who would you class as B and C-List characters?

Consider the characters' popularity generally, rather than just who you personally like.

Also, any faction can be referenced here- including Filmation characters, as there's one in particular who I'd put on the A-List... And several more on the B and C Lists...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    So, the fact that the line is planned until 2016 now had me thinking about A-List characters and just how spread out they might be. We've seen many of them already and even popular secondary characters- but who, in your eyes, is left from the A-List? And who would you class as B and C-List characters?

Consider the characters' popularity generally, rather than just who you personally like.

Also, any faction can be referenced here- including Filmation characters, as there's one in particular who I'd put on the A-List... And several more on the B and C Lists...
    I can't talk about Filmation...it's too painful lol.

From what is available, I'd say any MOTU character that was important enough to include in 200x will be considered A-List (Sorceress, Marlena, Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, Meckaneck, Fisto, etc)

For PoP, A-List would be Catra, Glimmer, Castaspella, and Frosta.

For NA, A-List would be Flipshot, Hydron, Flogg, and Slushead.

I don't want to get into B- and C-Listers, because for me, they're all the same after the ones listed above. I REALLY want the ones listed above. And Mermista and Gwildor. But I'm realistic enough to know that they are not A-List.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think it depends on how you define the lists. You could argue that the MOTU-verse's only real A-listers are He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak, Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, Teela and Orko, just based on sheer presence throughout the property's history.

For me personally, I'd rank the remaining MIA A-listers as:

A- List: Sorceress, Ram Man, Catra

B-List: Queen Marlena, Man-E-Faces, Clawful, Mekaneck, Fisto, Kobra Khan, Jitsu, Two-Bad, Sy-Klone, Spikor, Stinkor, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Castaspella, Frosta, Kowl

And then so on, from there. (Leaving out Filmation characters, for obvious reasons. )
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

A, B & C lists are so open to interpretation this would imposible to discuss without arguement.

The following lists are in no particular order just groups. I did not include any of the recent SDCC reveals as we know those are coming.

A-List

Shadow Weaver
    The Sorceress
    Queen Marlena
    Ram-Man
    Cringer
    Catra
    Swift Wind
    Spirit
    Panthor

B-List:

Granamyr
    Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Madam Razz/Broom
    Frosta
    Man-E-Faces
    King Miro
    Clawful
    Kobra Kahn
    Spikor
    Modulok
    Mantenna
    Leech
    Scorpia
    Kowl
    Horde Troopers
    Queen Angella
    Fisto
    Horde Prime or Supreme (?)
    Light Hope
    Skeletor's Robot Knights

C-List:

Loo-Kee
    Multi-Bot
    Two-Bad
    Rattlor
    Tung Lashor
    Jitsu
    Meck-A-Neck
    Sy-Clone
    Snout Spout
    Entrapta
    Spinerella
    Netossa
    Sweet Bee
    The Faceless One
    Mermista
    Perfuma
    Flutterina
    Peek-A-Blue
    Fangman
    Lizard Man
    Strong Arm
    Octavia
    Evil Seed
    Ceratus
    Eldor
    Gwildor
    Blade
    Saurod
    Sea Hawk
    Double Trouble
    The Star Sisters
    Calix
    Horde Mummy
    Dylamug

Figures I Don't Care About:

Clamp Champ
    SSSqueeze
    Snake Face
    All NA Characters
    All Variants (With exception of Blue Hordak or Flesh Toned Evil-Lyn)
    Any Additional Army Builders beyond (The Eternian Guards, Horde Troopers, and Skeletor's Robot Knights)
    Last edited by csc0709; August 19, 2010 at 10:16am.

A List:
    Sorceress
    Glimmer
    Manteena
    Two-Bad
    Catra
    Mekaneck
    Ram-Man

Heroic Warrior
    A, B & C lists are so open to interpretation
    Absolutely ! Toyguru himself didn't risk to drown in what he considers A, B or C.

Here's a list of what's left and of what I personally consider A, B or C list (please note that the A, B or C filing doesn't show the interest or the love I have for the characters - what I mean is that, aesthetically, there might be C characters I want more than A characters):

A-list : Sorceress, Cringer, Kowl, Catra, Demo-Man, Eldor, Queen Marlena, Gwildor, Veena, Spirit, Swiftwind and Horde Prime/Horde Supreme.

B-list : * Hydron, Flipshot, Flogg, Kayo, Spinwit, Lizorr, Slush Head, Sagitar, Darius and Karatti for NA.
    * Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Snakeface and Sssqueeze for the Snakemen
    * Glimmer, Entrapta, Queen Angella, Frosta, Loo-Kee and Mermista for POP
    * Leech, Mantenna, Mosquitor, Modulok and Hordak variants for the Horde
    * Two-Bad, Panthor, Tuvar, Baddhra, Spikor, Clawful, Kobra Khan, Stinkor, Ninjor, Jitsu, Megator, Blade, Saurod, Lodar, Prahvus, Evilseed and Skeletor variants for the evil warriors
    * Fisto, Sy-Klone, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man, Mekanek, Rio Blast, Rokkon, Stonedar, Clamp Champ, King Miro, Lord Dactys and He-Man variants for the heroic warriors

C-list : * Quakke, Hoove, Staghorn, Butthead, Nocturna, Tuskador, Dread Tread and Vizar dor NA
    * Peekablue, Netossa, Castaspella, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Double Trouble, Perfuma and Songster for POP
    * Dragstor, Multibot, Calix and Horde Trooper for the Horde
    * Faceless One, Blast-Attack, Azdar, Bezdar, Chadzar,Twistoid and Geldor, Dinosorb, Crocobite, Rhinorb, Orbear and Gore-Illa for the evil warriors
    * Oo-Larr, King Taurius, Snout Spout, Extendar, Procrustus, Granamyr, Rotar, Dekker, Astro Lion, Ty-Grrr, Comet Cat, Cometroid and Tuskor for the heroic warriors

D-list : all the army builders (except Horde Troopers), i.e. Arachna Spider Warriors, Snakemen troopers, Mer People, Caligar warriors etc.

NOTE : I didn't use characters that were announced with a release date at SDCC. I didn't use Filmation characters, since we know they're still considered "off limits". Other than the giants, I didn't use large scale beasts either (except Cringer, Panthor, Spirit and Swift Wind). I put the He-Man, Hordak and Skeletor variants in category B as an average. But there are variants I would put in "Z-list characters". I hope to see all of the 80's variants, plus one or two important or cool variants. Not more.
    Last edited by Spectror; August 19, 2010 at 10:59am.

To me personally I see the A listers as most of the main figures from MOTU and maybe a few from POP.

To me the A listers left would be

Mekaneck
    RamMan
    Man-E-Faces
    Fisto
    Syklone
    Buzz-off (coming)
    Roboto (coming)
    Bow (coming)
    King Hiss (coming)
    Leech
    Mantenna
    Spikor
    Stinkor
    Two-bad
    Clawful
    Jitsu
    Sorceress
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.