Oh well...if nothing else, I guess I lit a fire under you to get that first post updated.
Major update to the first post!
From my count, we have 76 figures left. Only 40 left for the vintage fans out there. 19 POP characters are left and 17 NA characters.
12 figures each year X 6 more years until the end of 2016 = 72 figures. This means that we'll be getting mostly everyone by then (The Galactic Protectors would be finishing up in 2017), just as Toyguru said.
Even getting all of the figure variants are done in 5 and a half years, with 1 release to spare (Counting the Faceless One) until the end of 2016.
Of course, this doesn't count "new characters" such as Queen Marlena, Eternos Guards, MYP characters, mini-comic characters, DC comic characters, Filmation characters, Jetlag characters, Golden Book characters or 87' movie characters (you never know) or concept characters. I hate to fire up the paranoia crowd, but all of these WILL take up slots, making the line last longer (although some characters will come out later).
Oh well...if nothing else, I guess I lit a fire under you to get that first post updated.
I wonder...can this line last longer than 2017? I mean, if they did get Filmation rights, would it sustain the line for a few more years? Or would the line just not have that form of longevity?
Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!
No, but Val did!Oh well...if nothing else, I guess I lit a fire under you to get that first post updated.
They said they could do Darius, but last we heard, even they're not sure about Mara right now. Maybe she's one of those characters that Toy Guru was referring to when he said it looked like the rights issues have cleared up and they have enough to go into 2017.
"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"
- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"
NA's Sagitar is left off these lists. He is one differently, unique character 4HM will perhaps have much fun with.
Do you think we should add Fright Zone Dragon as a separate beast figure?
After all, if we get playsets in MOTUC I cannot see the 4H and Matty reprising the dreaded sock-puppet idea. So if we were to hypothesise a list where its possible we may get playsets, then I think its possible we may get an articulated FZ Dragon & if we did, the playset would be too expensive in its own right to sell inclusive of a properly articulated dragon figure.
Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized
Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
I don't think NA He-Man and Thunder Punch He-Man are basically the same. They look pretty different to me.
My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Snake Mountain 8) Battle Ram (back half) 9) Roton 10) Eldor
Need Strobo gun - PLEASE PM me!
Sweet Bee is missing from the POP list.
Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 9, 2010 at 03:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The "rules" on making MYP characters seem to be:
1) Named characters original to the MYP cartoon who didn't get toys in the 200X run, and who have no counterpart in the vintage line(s) [e.g., Carnivus, Faceless One]
2) Characters who were originally Filmation-only, but who were recreated for the MYP cartoon [e.g. Marzo, Evil Seed]
3) Characters whose MYP versions are so radically different in design or colour scheme from the pre-200X version(s) that no amount of "stripping away" "animehyperdetail" can make an argument that they're the same design at their core [e.g. Sorceress, Evil-Lyn]
(1) is the widest grouping, and probably the hardest to distinguish between too-small-to-bother-with cameos and characters they'll get round to - but they have said some others, like Veena.
(2) is a very finite grouping (Marzo, Evil Seed... anyone else?) and will certainly be completed if the line lasts. These can easily be included.
(3) is finite, but slightly subjective - while the "standard" MYP Marlena is different from Filmation-style Marlena, I doubt they'll do both - at most they might do a white-dress con-only version for SDCC and put the green on MattyCollector (ala colour-change Orko/standard Orko) - but the S2 "Battle Armour Marlena" design is quite possible though. For the most part, a simple compare-and-contrast could sort most of these possibilities out.
He has probably been dealt with somewhere and I'm missing it but I'm not seeing Eldor on the list. He is a definite lock for a figure.
I updated my humongous list of who's left in MOTUC here:
MY MOTUC WANTS: Rio Blast, Gwildor, Eldor, Angella, Mermista, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Double Trouble, Spinerella, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Entrapta, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Blast Attak, Lizorr, Hoove, Quakke, Butthead, Critta
So, the fact that the line is planned until 2016 now had me thinking about A-List characters and just how spread out they might be. We've seen many of them already and even popular secondary characters- but who, in your eyes, is left from the A-List? And who would you class as B and C-List characters?
Consider the characters' popularity generally, rather than just who you personally like.
Also, any faction can be referenced here- including Filmation characters, as there's one in particular who I'd put on the A-List... And several more on the B and C Lists...
Most-wanted MOTUC: Madame Razz and Broom - Filmation Kowl - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita
From what is available, I'd say any MOTU character that was important enough to include in 200x will be considered A-List (Sorceress, Marlena, Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, Meckaneck, Fisto, etc)
For PoP, A-List would be Catra, Glimmer, Castaspella, and Frosta.
For NA, A-List would be Flipshot, Hydron, Flogg, and Slushead.
I don't want to get into B- and C-Listers, because for me, they're all the same after the ones listed above. I REALLY want the ones listed above. And Mermista and Gwildor. But I'm realistic enough to know that they are not A-List.
I think it depends on how you define the lists. You could argue that the MOTU-verse's only real A-listers are He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak, Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, Teela and Orko, just based on sheer presence throughout the property's history.
For me personally, I'd rank the remaining MIA A-listers as:
A- List: Sorceress, Ram Man, Catra
B-List: Queen Marlena, Man-E-Faces, Clawful, Mekaneck, Fisto, Kobra Khan, Jitsu, Two-Bad, Sy-Klone, Spikor, Stinkor, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Castaspella, Frosta, Kowl
And then so on, from there. (Leaving out Filmation characters, for obvious reasons. )
"That's very interesting...but silly."
A, B & C lists are so open to interpretation this would imposible to discuss without arguement.
The following lists are in no particular order just groups. I did not include any of the recent SDCC reveals as we know those are coming.
Horde Prime or Supreme (?)
Skeletor's Robot Knights
The Faceless One
The Star Sisters
Figures I Don't Care About:
All NA Characters
All Variants (With exception of Blue Hordak or Flesh Toned Evil-Lyn)
Any Additional Army Builders beyond (The Eternian Guards, Horde Troopers, and Skeletor's Robot Knights)
Last edited by csc0709; August 19, 2010 at 11:16am.
Absolutely ! Toyguru himself didn't risk to drown in what he considers A, B or C.A, B & C lists are so open to interpretation
Here's a list of what's left and of what I personally consider A, B or C list (please note that the A, B or C filing doesn't show the interest or the love I have for the characters - what I mean is that, aesthetically, there might be C characters I want more than A characters):
A-list : Sorceress, Cringer, Kowl, Catra, Demo-Man, Eldor, Queen Marlena, Gwildor, Veena, Spirit, Swiftwind and Horde Prime/Horde Supreme.
B-list : * Hydron, Flipshot, Flogg, Kayo, Spinwit, Lizorr, Slush Head, Sagitar, Darius and Karatti for NA.
* Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Snakeface and Sssqueeze for the Snakemen
* Glimmer, Entrapta, Queen Angella, Frosta, Loo-Kee and Mermista for POP
* Leech, Mantenna, Mosquitor, Modulok and Hordak variants for the Horde
* Two-Bad, Panthor, Tuvar, Baddhra, Spikor, Clawful, Kobra Khan, Stinkor, Ninjor, Jitsu, Megator, Blade, Saurod, Lodar, Prahvus, Evilseed and Skeletor variants for the evil warriors
* Fisto, Sy-Klone, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man, Mekanek, Rio Blast, Rokkon, Stonedar, Clamp Champ, King Miro, Lord Dactys and He-Man variants for the heroic warriors
C-list : * Quakke, Hoove, Staghorn, Butthead, Nocturna, Tuskador, Dread Tread and Vizar dor NA
* Peekablue, Netossa, Castaspella, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Double Trouble, Perfuma and Songster for POP
* Dragstor, Multibot, Calix and Horde Trooper for the Horde
* Faceless One, Blast-Attack, Azdar, Bezdar, Chadzar,Twistoid and Geldor, Dinosorb, Crocobite, Rhinorb, Orbear and Gore-Illa for the evil warriors
* Oo-Larr, King Taurius, Snout Spout, Extendar, Procrustus, Granamyr, Rotar, Dekker, Astro Lion, Ty-Grrr, Comet Cat, Cometroid and Tuskor for the heroic warriors
D-list : all the army builders (except Horde Troopers), i.e. Arachna Spider Warriors, Snakemen troopers, Mer People, Caligar warriors etc.
NOTE : I didn't use characters that were announced with a release date at SDCC. I didn't use Filmation characters, since we know they're still considered "off limits". Other than the giants, I didn't use large scale beasts either (except Cringer, Panthor, Spirit and Swift Wind). I put the He-Man, Hordak and Skeletor variants in category B as an average. But there are variants I would put in "Z-list characters". I hope to see all of the 80's variants, plus one or two important or cool variants. Not more.
Last edited by Spectror; August 19, 2010 at 11:59am.
To me personally I see the A listers as most of the main figures from MOTU and maybe a few from POP.
To me the A listers left would be
King Hiss (coming)
Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!
One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!
www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.