View Poll Results: Would you like MOTUC to make a human Light Hope?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 46.07%
  • No

103 53.93%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Hope as a figure?

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    A clear and colorful figure would be a very cool nod to the original representation. Now, if they took a preexisting character like He-Ro or Lord Bryon (please o please!) and made him be Light Hope, that would be very cool. And if we get some new creation, that'll be cool too. Imagine getting a new version of say He-Ro (or whomever), as mentioned above, with color and sparkles, to show Light Hope in spirit form.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I'm scared Mattel would really cut costs on a Light Hope figure and we end up with a flash light in a white MOTUC mailer box.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I really like your custom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I like the idea that Light Hope is actually He-Ro. A "spirit" version of him would be fantastic, especially done in a multi-hued, transluscent plastic.
    I love that idea since I'm a huge He-Ro fan!!! Anything that lets him continue into modern day MOTUC continuity is great with me!!!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I really don't know...

It would depend on the backstory and the design of the figure.

But if a figure is made with nothing more than what is known today about light hope, I would answer "no".

Thread is a bit unclear if you're speed-surfing.

Light Hope as a figure? Yes.

Light Hope as a human figure? No. So I voted no.

I see him as more of an ornament than anything else, maybe one of the 'large scale beasts' releases. Packaging him with Loo-Kee is a great idea.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I'd be ok with Light Hope as a figure, even if it was just he-ro all done in transluscent black sparkliness
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Only if they sell him in the form of a color changing fiber optic lamp or something.

Figure form...no thanks.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Only if they sell him in the form of a color changing fiber optic lamp or something.
    Haha! That would be awesome County - I'd totally buy that...a battery-operated Light Hope!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I'd rather it was a bonus type figure/accessory that looked as it should but i guess i'd still get a human one.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Light Hope is mentioned in the new Etheria poster! He is referred to as a 'being of formless light' that was created by the Trollans!

Now, being "formless" doesn't necessarily mean that he couldn't take a human form... just that his natural state is as a being of formless light...

Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 13, 2011 at 11:37pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I voted no to the human-form, but I'd definately want to see Light Hope done in MOTUC - in some form.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

If it means a translucent figure, the hails yeah. whether it breaks or not.

Light Hope is a being of pure energy. I see no need to turn him human.

As for a physical representation, He could be made as platform with a lightblub embedded in the center and a hollow plastic tube with some painted elements to give the glowing effect. He doesn't need to be a figure, more of a small scale playset.

The only downside is that it seems Matty has an issue with shipping electronic toys over-seas, so international fans would be in a bind.

I like him being a formless light, makes him more mysterious.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm not POP's biggest fan (though I'll buy whatever they release), but the only way I could see Light Hope being realised was maybe as some kinda diorama mini (and I do mean mini) playset, maybe some kinda dark surrondings and a beam of coloured light that projects from some point.
    (Well it made sense in my head )

Like I say, I'll buy just about anything the line releases, but not too fussed about Light Hope; not at this stage at least.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Sure. A transluscent shimmery rainbow plastic buck in the form of a featurless man. Light hope given man shape. Or anything like that.

Think of Marvel Comic's Eternity character.

I'd buy that. And since Mattel wants to be able to make as many characters as possible, I hope they seize this opportunity.

Word. -

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Personally I beleive Light Hope should be a sculpture (possibly with moving parts) made out of holographic, reflective, or white shimmering material.

This could be a chance for the horsemen to let go and sculpt something deep and creative outside of the action figure form.

It would be incredible to see them sculpt an actualized abstract form of Light Hope. Complicated yet simple - and then package it in a figure case as the representation of that character.

Imagine the Four-Horsemen being given the green light to scuplt whatever they think the form of Light Hope is behind the actual light WHILE STILL adhearing to the integrity of the picture people see in their heads when thinking of this character. Gives me goose bumps.

Edit:

I also have to say that packaging Look-ee and Lighthope together is an incredible idea. Basically if Light Hope was done in a non-human scupture form - he could come packaged with an Actual figure of Look-ee. Think of it - A little articulated Look-ee figure with a big prop of Light Hope packaged in one MOTUC blister.

Plus I would probably bet that the people interested in actual Look-ee figures and Light Hope figures are of all the same group of MOTUC collector (She-Ra Lovers and/or Complete MOTUC line collectors). Packaging Light Hope and Look-ee together makes logical sense and would probably be preffered for those (unlike me) who are not interested in the whole She-Ra thing. Basically the combo takes up one month instead of two.

Heroic Warrior
    No, he is a spirit to me, so he is formless... No need for a figure for me...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    No, he is a spirit to me, so he is formless... No need for a figure for me...
    Totally agreed. If we ever get a Crystal Castle, hopefully it has some sort of Light Hope "effect".

Not sure if "human" is the right word-- humanoid though, yes. I'd want him to be done up as some kind of ancient--- keeping his translucent and rainbow qualities (like opalescent translucent plastic) on his skin bits as if he was just barely maintaining humanoid form. His outfit would probably be best mostly pale monochrome to show off his rainbowy deco bits and that shiny skin. I'd want the "valkyrie" crown theme to be carried off with him (a winged helmet? golden wings? an actual valkyrie-esque crown? something) since it's a huge part of the deco of the castle he guards. Also, I'd want Lighthope's rainbow star (shown in screen transitions in the toon and often with Lighthope) to be his main symbol. I also think he should have a staff (the valkyrie thing would work well there too as the top finial).--- Lookee would be a good pack in for him, especially if Lookee were portrayed as his spy rather than the annoying little troll he was in the toon.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

If he does get a humanoid form, he's welcome in the collection.

I'd like a translucent figure for Light Hope. Pack in a Lookee and we are good.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I would like to have one. I like the ideas of forces having an avatar to interact with characters better (see CastleGrayskull Man).
    And just like CGM, I would see a lighthope figure as being that force's response to something REALLY bad happening and they step in to stop
    evil from winning.

Yes, Light Hope is PoP's Sorceress. We've gotten 3 incarnations of her, Light Hope needs a representation in classics. His humanoid shape could be bio'ed in as the way he leaves his castle. (Zoar-like)
    That being said, I think having a solid black or black translucent figure with an opalescent paint job. A completely featureless head depicting a facial shape, think Rorschach here, and his own unique weapons. A shield designed to resemble the mirror seen in the CC, and I'd like to see a truly nasty short spear with a harpoon like tip. Packed in a window box with transparent orb, Loo-Kee and a 9"x 15" sheet of opalescent mylar wrapped around the figure. The cylinder of mylar could be secured using small plastic clips and displayed covering the figure, be laid flat to represent a pool, or secured to the box insert to resemble the iconic wall of light. That, IMHO, would be doing it right.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Light Hope would make sense to me as a play set gimmick. Something like a light that shines through a filter. As a stand alone thing, he would have to be some sort of chintzy plastic popup piece. Of course, making him a figure would work too.
    Last edited by goluphi; November 26, 2013 at 12:17am.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arent absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I dont collect toys to be miserable. So Id rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

they can do it, i could see a 'burst of energy in plastic form like shown in the series intro,, maybe on a black/clear platform. it can be done, but wouldnt be much of an 'action' figure-would be more like a large accessory.