Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

From Mattycollector.com's Facebook Page!

The Goddess Has Arrived

Check out the goddess in all her glory! This fan demanded figure comes out this december 15th. Note that she is not included in the 2009 subscription, so if you want to add her to your collection, move fast!

Goddess comes with removable snake armor, corodite armor, power shield and grayskull's axe to train her warriors as well as an all new staff of the elders. Catch her before she magically disappears!

Translucent skin!!! Awesome! I don't remember hearing that before!
    Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I'm curious as to what her original name was going to be. If you look at the bio, Sharella is a sticker laid over.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Nice figure, although the pose in the box does slightly look like she's hitch-hiking!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

NICE BIO! I would have to say it's my favorite bio thus far. Sharella.....eh....it's alright.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Eh, bio's kinda bland.

And the colors look too muted for my taste.

Otherwise looks pretty cool!
    Glad we're getting her for sure!!

Sweeeeeet. Thank you Matty, Toyguru, Four Horsemen!!!!

The translucent skin is a VERY nice touch!

A very interesting bio. Still letting it soak in. So apparently "He-Man" in the "He-Man and the Power Sword" wasn't Adam then?

He-Man has become a title? Hmmm.... again, letting it soak in...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

She looks sexy. I'm tempted to get her because she looks more of a separate character to Teela (Teela wearing the snake armor still looks very similar to when she's not wearing the snake armor). The only thing is that the goddess or Sorceress I first knew had the flesh colored skin from the later mini comics, as I never read "He-Man and the Power Sword" until later. If only the character had stayed with green skin, then this wouldn't be such a dilemma, because she does look hot and really good in green. It's just not quite the character I knew though.

Sharella is quite a pretty name. Must remember that for future use.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I dig the paint job! It's MUCH better than SDCC version. I dig the real name too.

I don't dig the bio. Different "He-Mans", lol. It's alright though, to me she's still the Sorceress who gave the one and only He-Man his weapons in the original comic.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Can we officially get rid of the "green" part of her name now? and just call her what her original name was in the mini-comic: "the goddess"
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Barbarian He-Man is now CANON!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Score one for the Pre-Eternia fans!

500 years of different He-Men, and we know only one of them...

Nice!
    Sharella! From "The Power of Grayskull"...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

The best part of her bio is that it open's up the possibility of having multiple looking He-Man figures.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    The many He-Man concept now works better for me. I recently rewatched the 200x three parter and the Sorceress declared Adam would become He-Man and in my head that was just odd. As if there was a lineage there, of different He-Men...if you get what I mean.

Not sure about he skin tone, but I'm o used to the fan versions done by Baena and others, its kinda tainted my memory.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

As I've mentioned in various threads over the years, I've often dreamed about (and started to sketch out many times) what I'd love a live-action MOTU TV series to be like.

One of my ideas, to be explored in the second season, was of a 'previous He-Man', taking place in the Pre-Filmation era. It finally looks as if these longing dreams of mine are coming to life (in bios, anyway). I love it!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Barbarian He-Man is now CANON!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Score one for the Pre-Eternia fans!

500 years of different He-Men, and we know only one of them...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    Nice!
    Sharella! From "The Power of Grayskull"...
    Ahhhh......Good Call on both those points He-Fans!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    I dig the paint job! It's MUCH better than SDCC version. I dig the real name too.

I don't dig the bio. Different "He-Mans", lol. It's alright though, to me she's still the Sorceress who gave the one and only He-Man his weapons in the original comic.
    I don't like that aspect either. There should only be ONE He-Man. Contrary to making the barbarian He-Man from the mini-comics canon, it makes it as if he were a different He-Man who just had the same name. But what about Man-at-Arms and Teela who also featured in those comics? If they said it was King Greyskull that might be acceptable, but not several warriors with the name "He-Man." That sounds like that dumb idea Lee Tamahori had for Die Another Day of having "James Bond" be just a code name and that several agents have shared that name in the past, to explain why Bond never ages in the films.

Anyone noticed the line "Real Name: Sharella"?

Maybe it's just the way the photo took, but it looks to me as if this is stuck over something else, like they've changed their minds on what the real name is?
    ~jay firestorm~

What do people think of Sharella as a potential baby girl's name?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Anyone noticed the line "Real Name: Sharella"?

Maybe it's just the way the photo took, but it looks to me as if this is stuck over something else, like they've changed their minds on what the real name is?
    Could be another spelling mistake, or perhaps they forget to print that part on the packaging.

REALLY loving how the green color looks on The Goddess. It almost looks pearlized or translucent as some folks have said.

I like the idea of there being other past heroes trained by the Goddess, but not sure how I feel about many of them taking on the name He-Man. Have to mull that over for a bit.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I was planning to get two Teelas next month. One to use as Teela, one to use as the Sorceress. Now, having seen this, I might have to rethink my plans. I'm still not sure how I feel having the character I first knew in green, although the goddess does look really great.

Heroic Warrior
    I wasn't planning on getting the Green Goddess (or Goddess as she is now know, much like Madonna and Prince), so it's not a major issue, but that translucent plastic doesn't look particularly attractive to me. Perhaps it is the kind of thing that looks best "in person" though.

I have seen some nice looking translucent figures, but they rarely seem to photograph well.

And "Sharella". I wonder if the similarities to "She-Ra" are intended. At least, they sound kind of similar to me. She-Ra. Sha-Re-La.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I don't like that aspect either. There should only be ONE He-Man. Contrary to making the barbarian He-Man from the mini-comics canon, it makes it as if he were a different He-Man who just had the same name. But what about Man-at-Arms and Teela who also featured in those comics? If they said it was King Greyskull that might be acceptable, but not several warriors with the name "He-Man." That sounds like that dumb idea Lee Tamahori had for Die Another Day of having "James Bond" be just a code name and that several agents have shared that name in the past, to explain why Bond never ages in the films.
    Exactly...great points. I understand why they did this, obviously trying to reconcile the different canons/origins, etc, and explain them as Eternian legends. But, this bio is a miss for me.
    I also thought she would an early version of the Sorceress, since Teela is cloned in this continuity, and (minus the green skin) she just happens to look exactly like the Goddess

But still, she looks great!

Coolness! She looks wicked!

I really like the bio but what ho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    He-Man has become a title? Hmmm.... again, letting it soak in...
    Aye, I too am gonna let that sit.
    It kinda rationalises the name and gives it a bit history but do I want other heros bearing the name He-man?
    But then it mean... it's Adam's He-man.... which sounds kinda cool! It Adam that makes this He-man so special! ....mmm
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm digging everything we saw today. The look, the bio, the whole deal. This bio does a good job of paving the way for us to see other iterations of He-man...and perhaps a crop of original characters as a result.