Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

Awesome figure Wow her skin is awesome. I like most of the bio. Over all not bad, but I'll only follow about half of it.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I wasn't planning on getting the Green Goddess (or Goddess as she is now know, much like Madonna and Prince), so it's not a major issue, but that translucent plastic doesn't look particularly attractive to me. Perhaps it is the kind of thing that looks best "in person" though.
    I'm not sure that it actually is translucent. I think it would be cool if it was semi opaque.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    so he-man isn't a person but a title given to random barbarians, hmmm who let that nugget of genius through
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Nice figure, although the pose in the box does slightly look like she's hitch-hiking!

LOL! Totally! Or like she's selling that stuff and saying "Hey, yo big fella! Check out dees goods ova here! I give you a great deal, but today only--I gotta move dis stuff real quick-like, if ya know what I'm sayin!"

This may be the first bio I haven't liked, but I'm not sure just yet. I was thinking that this is this their way of combining all the different versions/incarnations of He-Man, but I think of the He-Man we know (from whichever series) as being able to become He-Man from having both halves of The Sword Of Power, but the bio says that the He-Guys help keep it separated...I'll have to let this one marinate for a bit.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    so he-man isn't a person but a title given to random barbarians, hmmm who let that nugget of genius through
    I think that ruins the mythology of He-Man. Imagine if the James Bond as codename had also been made canon.

It also doesn't explain why Greyskull wasn't called He-Man since he seems to have used the same power and weapons. Also, He-Ro could've been called He-Man as well if he had possessed the power. And why isn't She-Ra called He-Man (or She-Man)?

He-Man as a title just has too many inconsistencies and problems and makes the He-Man we all know less unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    LOL! Totally! Or like she's selling that stuff and saying "Hey, yo big fella! Check out dees goods ova here! I give you a great deal, but today only--I gotta move dis stuff real quick-like, if ya know what I'm sayin!"
    She would get more customers if she wore the He-Man armor instead of her snake armor. At least two more goods would be on display.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    But then it mean... it's Adam's He-man.... which sounds kinda cool! It Adam that makes this He-man so special! ....mmm
    DAMN YOU EAMON! I was leaning towards NOT liking He-Man now being a title, but yeah, if that means that THIS He-Man is so special because Adam makes it/him that way, then I freaking LOVE this concept because I've always loved Adam as a character and never thought he got his due, but this would REALLY elevate him to a higher and more deserving level in the mythos!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    The figure looks great, the real name sounds good too.

Now, regarding the bio, it seems that The Goddess is the key to the new Mattel's concept of "He-Man".

And "He-Man" has now become a title !

THIS WILL ALLOW AN EASY TRANSITION FOR WUN-DAR, EVENTUALLY SAVAGE HE-MAN, AND LATER ON IN ETERNIA'S TIMELINE, 200X HE-MAN AND N.A. HE-MAN.

We can consider all these "he-men" different successors to the title, from past until present, and encompassing the future.

It makes the He-Man we all know and love (Prince Adam who becomes He-Man) way less charismatic, in my opinion.

But of course, it leaves SO MANY open doors for zillions of He-Man concepts, repaints and variants... And so, in my opinion, this is just another commercial tactics for future possibilities.

I just hope we won't see tens of repaints and variants. Alas, this sad trend has already begun as soon as the subscription has been launched. I fear for the future of MOTUC, and dread infinite repaints and variants that are able to ruin the line, just like it happened with the 200X line.

Well this bio raises more questions?

Is the mustache less head the Man-At-Arms came with not Duncan but the Man-At-Arms from the Barbarian He-Man Era?

Is the Blonde Teela actually Teela Na before becoming the Sorceress? Is the Goddess her mother?

How did Barbarian He-Man fight Skeletor? Was it Demo-Man meaning he walked Eternia before Keldor's time?

Is Beast-Man and Mer-Man now titles passed down through time?

The He-man chest armor looks like it is cast in softer plastic. I'm really hoping it's cast in gray plastic.

If it is meant to explain different versions of He-Man throughout the years, it's kinda like trying to explain different versions of other characters too though. Since they've all had variations.

Clone Teela
    Filmation Teela
    Fisto's daughter Teela

Original Skeletor
    Filmation Skeletor
    200x Skeletor

All these were with/fighting the different "He-Men" of different canons...but at heart they're all really the same character.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; September 30, 2009 at 07:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Coolness! She looks wicked!

I really like the bio but what ho...

Aye, I too am gonna let that sit.
    It kinda rationalises the name and gives it a bit history but do I want other heros bearing the name He-man?
    But then it mean... it's Adam's He-man.... which sounds kinda cool! It Adam that makes this He-man so special! ....mmm
    I'm going to take it as those that Goddess trained that weren't as worthy as Adam she still considered them warriors and is having them use the He-Man name to further distance Adam/Adora from He-Man and She-Ra so the forces of evil will never find out that they're descendants of Grayskull. (so the line of power/bloodline can live on) or something like that.

I do like the whole 'Sharella' being Goddess name thing, I think there might be more to it when we get to She-Ra and Adora's bio. Kind of like how Grayskull and He-Ro's both have nods in He-Man's name, there would need to be a female counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    She would get more customers if she wore the He-Man armor instead of her snake armor. At least two more goods would be on display.
    HEYOOOOOOO! I've seen at least one fan-pic where I think Teela had He-Man's armor or maybe She-Ra did, and it was bigger so she was covered, but it was still FREAKIN HOT! If someone can find that, post it!

What a horrible bio. It is a good thing I don't take these bios seriously.

This bio also opens the idea why Zodac was fighting against He-Man early in the mini comics. Perhaps Zodac didn't see the Barbarian Era He-Man as a real heir to the Power Sword and fought against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    DAMN YOU EAMON! I was leaning towards NOT liking He-Man now being a title, but yeah, if that means that THIS He-Man is so special because Adam makes it/him that way, then I freaking LOVE this concept because I've always loved Adam as a character and never thought he got his due, but this would REALLY elevate him to a higher and more deserving level in the mythos!
    Well, Hordak still lives. So the other He-man's obviously didn't fare too well!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Vikor is probably one of the heroes she trained.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Vikor is probably one of the heroes she trained.
    Why not! Maybe Wondar too?
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior
    Now, will Skeletor become just a title too ?

If so, we'd see Demo Man (1st version), then Keldor and Skeletor (the Skeletor we all know), then N.A. Skeletor... with the possibility to see stupid variants like disco Skeletor or tutu-Skeletor further down the line.

As far as He-Man's previous incarnations are concerned (and not counting King Grayskull), the only one that would interest me is Vikor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Now, will Skeletor become just a title too ?

If so, we'd see Demo Man (1st version), then Keldor and Skeletor (the Skeletor we all know), then N.A. Skeletor... with the possibility to see stupid variants like disco Skeletor or tutu-Skeletor further down the line.
    Chillaxe man!
    www.eamonart.com

LOVE the figure and like the bio! It explains a lot, and the notion of multiple "He-Men" throughout the centuries doesn't bother me…it fixes issues across multiple canons. So, what if Adam's He-Man is the ultimate He-Man? I can't wait to see how Wundar's bio fits in with all of this! It would be cool to have a "barbarian He-Man" with a different head sculpt and bootless!
    I love the Goddess' staff, and can't wait to see if the plastic really is translucent or not! She's definitely a welcomed addition to my Classics collection! Good work Mattel and 4H!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Maybe all these other "He Men" were the ones to make sure the sword stayed seperated, until Adam got it. Maybe all these other "He Men" were ther so that when the true He man (Adam) showed up there would already be a legend of He man so it`s not like he just showed up out of nowhere, and people put 2 and 2 together Regardless I`d still rather get an extra Teela for my Goddess and only 1 "Green" Goddess for the wall

I love the figures and I am going to try to collect them all, but I would rather have no bio at all than watch all the Filmation magic cheapened the way it has been done from 200x to date.

But like Mattel has stated, we get to make up our own imagination as to what the story is, so I'll make mine Filmation!

Heroic Warrior
    I have mixed feelings... Ever since KG was introduced, I have had vision of King Grayskull being the past, He-man the present, and NA from the future... All seperate characters that could have SUPER SWEET teamups!

The ideas that there have been many he-mans in the past.. I don't know. Probably help explain why nobody questions Adam/He-man identity. If King Arthur suddenly appeared in our darkest hour... Nobody would wonder if he was REALLY the prince... He's a legend. and He's BACK.

I am loving it!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

He-Man..........so much for being the most powerful man in the universe, when there have been MANY given that title.

Just curious, I don't know much about this Goddess, but why are her armbands white like Teela's? Why aren't they painted a dark green like the rest of her outfit and the bands higher up on her arms?
    Last edited by nato; September 30, 2009 at 07:36pm.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210