Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    It's an example of how we can all make our own canons or stories how we prefer them.
    Even though many won't agree, I think that's the absolute best thing to do.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Wow! This bio is genius! The different He-Mans over 500 years addresses something that I've considered about how Grayskull had supposedly been undefended and didn't need to be defended until this current point in Eternia's history when Skeletor is out to get its secrets. I'm very much digging it and am looking forward to the explanation of how the Sword of Protection fits into all of this. Satisfactory indeed!

wow i love her and her bio!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    The different He-Mans over 500 years addresses something that I've considered about how Grayskull had supposedly been undefended and didn't need to be defended until this current point in Eternia's history when Skeletor is out to get its secrets.
    See, I much prefer the notion that Castle Grayskull is from so long ago that no one remembers it anymore, and its location is kept secret.

i wish they did pix showing off her translucent skin better

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

The skin looks pearlescent to me more than translucent.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Very very interesting. The bios feel more and more like to be truely appreciated they have to be considered together. It definately raises the need though for some sort of accompaning media for the figures, be it mini comics, a new series, a D2D animated movie, whatever. So far, i'm liking the bios!

I love this bio. I have no problem with them combining the canons and creating new stuff for MOTUC. This is very cool. She seems like so much more than a Teela repaint now.

So ti's possible that Barbarian He-man, Filmation he-man, and NA He-man are all DIFFERENT he-mans

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eternos View Post
    So ti's possible that Barbarian He-man, Filmation he-man, and NA He-man are all DIFFERENT he-mans
    I don't think NA He-Man is different…he was always Adam "summoned to the future".
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Wow talk about a whole new universe. That bio just opened up a whole realm of possibilities.

BTW I love the figure and the bio.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice figure.

As long as BA He-man, Snake Armor He-Man, Flying Fists He-man, etc aren't also all "other" He-mans, I'm happy with that!

Awesome! I like the final skin color, and she looks great! I think I'm gona switch the staffs, though (between Teela and Goddess). I know the harness axe and sheild are a homage, but I don't really have any cave scene to set it all up in, so I kinda wish they had taken the change to give us something more unique. Regardless, I'm gona try and heat the harness up and see if I can't get it into a draping possition and find something to drape it on.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The other He Men were to make sure nobody got both halves of the power sword, so in escense they were the protectors of it until as the bio says the true heir to the sword was born which was Adam

You know another thing that makes Adam's He-Man unique is that Goddess's bio says the previous He-Men fought to keep the Sword of He separate. Adam was the only one who combined the two halve sof the sword accordng to his bio. I'm kind of taking it as the previous He-Men were protecting the sword for Adam to use, with him being the Chosen One. Little food for thought...

She is a really awesome looking figure & I love the bio.

It would have been nice if they mentioned more about the woman (or creature) herself, but I'm glad we found some new depth to the MOTU history.

I wasn't sure about the skin at first, but it has grown on me over the day....I like it.

I love the way they have placed her in the packaging to match the image from the mini comic. I'm almost tempted to buy my first double just so I can keep one looking fantastic MOC.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I don't think NA He-Man is different…he was always Adam "summoned to the future".
    Or Adam who permanently becomes He-Man, if you follow the mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    haha this is funny because it's the Goddess' bio but the debate is all about He-Man. All we've learned about the Goddess is that she's a "creature" named Sharella who trained He-Man.
    (which is fine by me really, I don't mind a bit of mystery)

I was jusy gonna post that.I want to know about Goddess not He-man,yeash she isnt even metioned till half way through the bio.This is a bio for a variant He-man like battle armor or flying fist.

I want to know how they are going to include Adam 200x and Adam vintage.Is 200x the begining since Adam 200x is younger and filmation Adam is that Adam all grown up.I mean eventually Adam will have to grow up and then we will be presented with what filmation gave us,you know Adam being the same age as He-man.

Her bio doesn't fit in my Cannon so I have rewritten it:

Born from the last leaf of the oldest tree on Eternia before it withered and died.It was the Goddess who aided a young Teela-Na in her search for a secret castle that would give her the power to save her village.The Goddess's forest and home ,what little she adpoted as her family had been destroyed at the hands of Batros during the Great Divide.Her true name had been lost,forgotten from the days of loneliness and solitude.She now spends her time protecting and restoring the once great forests of Eternia.She has taken the name Green Goddess not by her own doing but by the people of Eternia who claim her to be.
    Last edited by Vorgon; September 30, 2009 at 11:30pm.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Hate the skin but love just about everything else. I may have to get two to try and repaint one because I really hate translucent, transparent parts on figures. To me it just makes the figure look really cheap and plasticky. In person, I bet it also makes molding flaws very noticeable. I love the bio though. It adds a lot to the mythology, and finally gives the the pre-filmation crowd a reason they can ignore all this Adam nonsense. On the otherhand this makes Adam more unique and important for those who came to the party a little late. I'm in the middle myself so I like having barbarian He-Man and Adam depending on my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I won't take the bit about He-Man as a title seriously. Everything else in the new canon has been fine, but this just changes the mythology completely.
    umm how? It's always been a title. I mean what else would you call it? The name has pretty much always come with the sword.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

One thing I'm still curious about is that I haven't seen anything that would explain why Teela and the Goddess both wear the same snake armor. I wonder if there will ever be any kind of link there in the story, since it was already explained that Teela is a clone of the Sorceress (not the Goddess)

I'm really hoping that the Sorceress' bio will explain that. I thought this one would.

The facts as we know them:

--Teela is the Clone daughter of the Sorceress
    --Teela's moniker is "Warrior Goddess"
    --Teela looks identical to the Goddess
    --The Goddess was originally called "The Sorceress"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Love the Skin, Love the Bio, Love everthing EXCEPT the Hitchhiker pose!

I mean, who thought that was a good idea??? She is the one character who should have a open left hand, for spell casting, or gesturing he man to the relics (as in the comic) A MOTUC version of Teelas vintage left hand would be awesome!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I'm a bit worried that the sword's powers could be passed on to people, merged with people and be drained by people a bit too easily.

About these 'He-Men' I see them like Knights Templar protecting the grail. Waitng for the Hero who could control the fabulous secret powers of the Sword of He... kinda like a 'reincarnation' of King Greyskull or He-Ro.
    Not too fond on the 500 years thing...It definetely needed a 1000 more...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    We need confirmation from Toy Guru if the fig is translucent or not. Translucent would be hugely rad.