Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

Star Wars has had concept figures of Han, Luke, etc. in the same toyline as their regular figures, but they don't try to say that they are different people.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Star Wars has had concept figures of Han, Luke, etc. in the same toyline as their regular figures, but they don't try to say that they are different people.
    good point, but luke didn't change his name or origin half way through the movie

we had to wait for the prequels for everything to get fubared
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Star Wars never made a cartoon that out of nowhere has a guy named Prince Adam raising his lightsaber over his head to become "Luke Skywalker", forever damning the franchise into some sort of canon-multiverse. Unfortunately this one did.

I really don't think it's necessary for them to have each figure be a separate character, but I think they're driving for a central continuity for the future of the franchise, films, etc? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    so i can guess that this confirms that NA he-man will not be the same guy as "current" adam
    No, it doesn't. All those other 'he-men' were Adam's predecessors. There's no reason to assume that the New Adventures story won't play out as it did before in the minicomics.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    good point, but luke didn't change his name or origin half way through the movie

we had to wait for the prequels for everything to get fubared
    Ha! My sentiments exactly. Prequels equal horror beyond comprehension.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    No, it doesn't. All those other 'he-men' were Adam's predecessors. There's no reason to assume that the New Adventures story won't play out as it did before in the minicomics.
    yeah, but it also doesn't rule out the idea he will be his descendant either does it.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    But all the Batman variations are not sold together as part of the same line. That's a pretty big difference.
    But it's not far different from what Marvel does with its Ultimates brand. You get Marvel Legends figures of both the regular 616 continuity and Ultimates (eg Ultimate Captain America, classic Captain America) as part of the same line. The Ultimates never mix with the 616s. They are a separate continuity and a different retelling or reimagining of the same stories/ premise.

MOTU, NA MOTUC and MOTU 200X are separate continuities. The Filmation and the Mini Comics are also separate continuities. I don't seem them as being that different from Marvel's 616 universe and its Ultimate universe. No need to try to fit them all together.

Well in the Empire Strikes Back, when he had one of his limbs severed, he did become Hand Solo.
    Last edited by Teela-Na; October 2, 2009 at 07:19pm.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I feel the same way, I like how they are changing things up and opening the mythos to a wider array of characters and events.
    Agree completely. Even if I might take issue with a minor point here or there, the new bios are intriguing and imaginative... would I have done each one the same? Probably not... but they certainly have me intrigued and wanting more, sounds like they served their intended purpose, to me.

yeah, but it also doesn't rule out the idea he will be his descendant either does it.
    Maybe not, but so far they've used the minicomics and the 200X cartoon as the primary source of the new bios.

I see no reason why they'd change that, plus none of the bios say that another He-Man would take Adam's place after he's gone.

The Goddess bio just says that there were men who used the name until the true He-Man arrived.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I think we can only have the first four minis count toward this bio.

Besides I always liked to think that the Man-E-Faces, Ram-man, Trapjaw, Teela, Tri-klops, and 2 other stories take place in the current timeline. All Mattel has to say for those stories is that Adam was Transformed before WE got there, (Flimation did this a couple of time, as well as the later minis, Star/Marvel, and even 200X). Plus we had the "?Palace of Etrnos?" and a Royal couple that looked a lot like Randor and Marlena.

That way we have less characters, steeds, and vehicles to try and figure out In the first four minis. Here is a list with my guess

Good Guys:

He-Man: Maybe Wun-dar(Most likely), Vikor, or one of a possible dozen He-men

Man-At-Arms: Obliviously not Duncan or Dekker but one of the original title holders

Stratos: Depending on how old ours is this could be his ancestor or just another Avion

The (Green) Godesses: TG took care of my guess for me

Teela: I am guessing that She is really Teela-na (ala the filmation origin) before she recieved the mantle of Sorceress or some other woman?

Battle Cat: Another green Tiger on Eternia with similar Armor to ours? I need help with this one?

Good Vehicles:

Sky Sled/ Battle Ram: He-man got these from the Godesses so they have been around for a while

Wind Raider: This is another one I need explained? M@A of this time probably found one and fixed it. But what about the one Duncan uses is it the same one or did he find the plans and build him one?

Castle Grayskull: DUH no need for a guess here either

Bad Guys:

Skeletor: I like the thought that it is the non-spirit form of Demo-man

Beastman: Another furball for the same species as ours just red instead of orange and a whole lot hairier.

Mer-man: Same as Beastman in my above guess with blue scales instead of green ones

In other words the only problems we have are The Wind Raider, Battle Cat, Teela, Skeletor, and whether or not the Stratos, BeastMan, and Merman are ancestors of ours or just some other guys with similar names.

I would also like to think that these other He-men's muscle and wisdom where passed into the sword if they fell in battle (like the Autobot Matrix or Leadership from Transformers). That would explain why our He-man is so much strong than KG. (I.E. KG's muscle plus all the physical/magical strength from these other guys.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Yes, there was a post earlier that went through each character, explaining away their appearances in the early minis (I stink because I can't remember whose post it was). so, yes, I think blonde Teela is a different Teela...

It would be interesting if MAA and Blonde Teela WERE the parents of the modern Sorceress, because if red-headed Teela is the modern Sorceress's clone, then MAA IS her father.. in a way. lol

I don't think I like the idea of blonde Teela and/or Warrior woman Teela being "Sultress" or "Sultra," because it sounds evil, and was originally Evil-Lyn's name...

HOWEVER

I think that yellow-skinned, blue outfitted Evil Lyn should be Sultress, and the purple/normal skinned Evil Lyn should be Lyn of Zalesia (MYP)
    Yeah That is my post (see above). I Love getting credit for my work it feeds the ego and you got to feed the monkey/shadow beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I'll repeat it again since everyone seems to keep overlooking this issue that I keep asking:

These theories and the bio still do not account for the goddess in all her post "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic appearances where she appeared flesh colored.

Who is that goddess character in the mini comics dressed in the snake armor with the normal, non-green skin? Is she one and the same as Sharella the green goddess? Is she Teela-Na? Is she someone else?

Why is she no longer green?

If people say she is Teela-Na, how can you also say the blonde Teela is Teela-Na since they both appeared in the comics at the same time?
    The reason she is not GREEN is because a different artist did those pics and Mattel probably wanted her to look as close to the original Teela figure in the 80's so they would only have to use one female buck since it was a new toyline at the time.

Also look at the quote below from MGM:

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'd assume the Goddess can take any form that she wants. Maybe over time, she changed her natural green appearance to further resemble the mortals who are fighting on her behalf.

I think that the Texiera mini's might be current canon (Teela, Tri-Klops), while the Alcala mini's might be ancient times. In the Alcala mini's, the world looked barren, as if it was fresh from the aftermath of the Great Wars. The only people we see are barbarians from He-Man's tribe.

By the time the Texiera minis come about, we have the Kingdom of Eternia, Randor, cities and towns, possibly indicating that much time had passed and that the general technology had evolved from barbaric to medieval.

It's marketing to the biggest possible audience of MOTU fans--all of them at once. Instead of just selling MOTUC to the 80's fans, they can sell it to 200X, NA, POP and Pre-Filmation fans who would might otherwise not even be here, because they would feel left out. It also makes NA and POP designs more appealing to general MOTU fans.

Mattel can't do 5-7 separate lines of each incarnation of MOTU, each with it's own particular stylings. Easier to combine them all into one toyline.
    I agree with this (see the 1st quote). Time has passed and she is probably training our Adam/He-Man(she does give him lots of advice) as her title implies. Plus like I said Adam could have turned into He-man before we got there in the Texiera minis.

I also agree with second part of your post, Mattel is trying to agree to fans of all the DIFFERENT Eras. Plus one continutiy does make it easier to get new media down the line (I.E. movie, comics, TV show, etc.) if Mattel makes a new retail version of the franchise.
    Last edited by griffen112182; October 2, 2009 at 07:37pm.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post

The reason she is not GREEN is because a different artist did those pics and Mattel probably wanted her to look as close to the original Teela figure in the 80's so they would only have to use one female buck since it was a new toyline at the time.
    Well we know the external logic from a creative point of view. That's not what I'm asking. Anyone can just point to the different artists interpretations, and we could've all done that before instead of trying to make sense of the inconsistencies. I'm asking about the internal logic and continuity within the story itself.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I'm asking about the internal logic and continuity within the story itself.
    Well, see, there wasn't any of that

But in regards to your original question - this Goddess name and character has been twisted around quite a bit to get this figure... the green skinned character in 'He-Man and the Power Sword' was actually called the Sorceress, while the white-skinned snake armored Teela-Na was called the Goddess. The Goddess name and green skin got conflated together though, since they are the most distinct features of the two versions of the character, which has lead to this figure.

But Mattel are also going with the clone origin for Teela... which occured in a story that featured the white-skinned Teela-Na Goddess. Soooo... my guess is that the first four mini comics are the only era that Mattel are going to connect with the current MotUC Goddess. And maybe through in an explanation for why Teela-Na adopted the snake-armor? Or just gloss over it?

i imagine this like mmmm king arthur history, that the green goddess was trainning people till find the man who can held the sword and becomes He-man, and the correct guy was the man who was a descendant from king grayskull, adam
    so for me it fits!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Here's my question: Is the dislike of the bio going to prevent anybody from buying the GREEN GODDESS?
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

hahaha I've been waiting to see this figure for 27 years, no way some ink on the back of a piece of cardboard is stopping me from buying her. She's amazing!
    Although I actually like the bio apart from the, uh, thing being discussed in here.

As we've already realized about these bios, especially in the green goddess' case, we can easily cherry pop... I mean cherry pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Well after re-reading that bio, Adam is still the one TRUE He-man.
    It says the others were merely protectors of the sword who took the name He-man to honor the one true heir who wouldn't be born for five centuries...ADAM.
    It seems that Wun-dar was one of those "He-mans" , possibly the barbarian heman from the mini comics that took on the role, protecting the two halves of the sword, thats why the action figure was given the name savage heman, and his when his role was fullfiled, he was seen as a great warrior and given the role as cosmic enforcer. That alos helps explain why the early minicomics were so heavy into collecting the two powrs swords. But my question. Didnt Skelator finally collect the two halves of the power sword( thats according to the MYP Canon) wouldn't he have the power to harness the power of the universe.

But that isn't actually the Power Sword Skeletor has in the MYP canon. It was meant to be when the 4HM designed it, so you are correct from a certain point of view, but Mattel loved the techno-version so much, they made that the actual Power Sword.

I agree with your Wun-Dar points, too. I think he became a Cosmic Enforcer after his exploits on Eternia. I also like the idea someone had of the sword being black while in his possession because he was not the true savior He-Man, only a temp.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    It seems that Wun-dar was one of those "He-mans" , possibly the barbarian heman from the mini comics that took on the role, protecting the two halves of the sword, thats why the action figure was given the name savage heman, and his when his role was fullfiled, he was seen as a great warrior and given the role as cosmic enforcer. That alos helps explain why the early minicomics were so heavy into collecting the two powrs swords. But my question. Didnt Skelator finally collect the two halves of the power sword( thats according to the MYP Canon) wouldn't he have the power to harness the power of the universe.
    What will be cool is that if you get Goddess and Wun DAr, then u can have Savage He-man with the axe armor and shield, and then change him into the black armor... 2 Sets of He-man armor for Wund-Dar... that's awesome!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Each time I look at this thread I want her more and more!
    "I'm as happy as a little school girl!" Mike Myers as The host of Sprokets.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Me too!!! The more i look at the pictures of The Goddess, the more i want her. This is the direction Masters Of The Universe was heading before Filmation and Prince Adam F#%#%# it up! (IMO)

500 years of He-Man...I don't like that concept. Kind of makes "our" He-Man all the less special.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    500 years of He-Man...I don't like that concept. Kind of makes "our" He-Man all the less special.
    Except that "our" He-Man is the only one to harness the full power sword since King Grayskull and He-Ro.

All the other "He-Men" have only protected the two halves of the Power Sword or "Sword of He". Doubtful if any of them really got to use even half the sword.

That make sense?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Betcha the other He-man's didn't have a mom from Earth either!

I can only imaging that having interstellar parents may be an advantage when protecting the power of the universe.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Betcha the other He-man's didn't have a mom from Earth either!

I can only imaging that having interstellar parents may be an advantage when protecting the power of the universe.
    You need to watch The Rainbow Warrior. It certainly helped in that episode.