Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You're missing the bare arms, bare feet, no belt and spear.
    i never said he was mint did i
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yup. But not for quite awhile. And that isn't Prince Adam.

AHHHHHH! I am LOVING this and YOU. How COOL!!!! It's like being a kid again and there are new characters... well, I know you said no "new" characters, but any character that has appeared in the past 27-28 years is game, even if he or she wasn't named (as long as it wasn't from a media source from which Mattel didn't own the toy-rights).

TG, can you give us one more tid-bit? Anything really, but make it specific to The Goddess? It would be nice to know a little more about her, or Sharella the character's history too.

SO, this is all really amazing.

I suppose then we will get:

-Barbarian He-Man (with the spear & sword that are in that picture of him & The Goddess... the only weapons in that pic that The Goddess doesn't come with)

-Flesh-colored Stratos (with BLUE wings & Red Armor, and the Emerald Staff
    of Avion? - which would be amazing)

-Blonde Teela (with a head of blonde hair UP, and a head of blonde hair DOWN)

-a RED Beastman?

-a BLUISH Mer Man?

-a mustache-less Man-at-Arms with a fur CAPE? (as seen in the mini-comic when he's riding the Battle Ram) Maybe he can have more of the Grayskull weapons-rack stuff

-Alcala-faced Skeletor whose "real name" would be Demo-Man...

I think this is a great idea, because those early mini-comics were the first source of He-Man love for many of us (I grew to prefer the Filmation canon, but I love the mini-comics too, and I think they can exist together).

So, thank you for doing it all this way. I am excited to see the future bonus figures and re-releases done a LITTLE differently!

And let me echo Tally's sentiments regarding a similar love for POP... I loved the ORIGINAL artwork for She-Ra and Swift-Wind, which was far more realistic than either the toys or the cartoon... though I loved those too -- the box art is beautiful art - amazing. But it would be rather cool to get characters like the Seeress, and maybe 2 different Kowls (one that is yellow like the toy and in the minis, and one that is brown like... oh wait, that's probably only Filmation... well, whatever lol).
    Last edited by bcrduke; October 7, 2009 at 12:40am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yup. But not for quite awhile. And that isn't Prince Adam.
    My Mouth Is Watering!!

I am SO loving this!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Great bio, the green shade of her body looks nice!

Heroic Warrior
    One of the better biographies. Not that I'm really paying much attention to them - I'd rather make up my own. Interesting that Mattel are providing biographies and saying there is no definitive canon. A contradiction or a paradox? Who cares? Officially, all of us are correct now, regardless of our affiliation. Mattel actually deserves a bit of credit for that.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Interesting that Mattel are providing biographies and saying there is no definitive canon. A contradiction or a paradox? Who cares? Officially, all of us are correct now, regardless of our affiliation. Mattel actually deserves a bit of credit for that.
    Kind of, but it also lets them off the hook if when fans don't like a particular idea.

"Hey, we already told you this isn't the one, true canon!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Kind of, but it also lets them off the hook if when fans don't like a particular idea.
    I can't argue with that! It does seem like a fairly sensible realisation that they can't accomodate everyone though.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    so he-man isn't a person but a title given to random barbarians, hmmm who let that nugget of genius through
    As I interpret it, He-man is still a name. Remeber, Bruce Wayne wasn't the only Batman. It's the name of a superhero, where the torch is passed from generation to generation. I rather like the idea.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    500 years?!?!? Really. It's been 2000 years since Jesus and we all know who he is! ...I just don't even know how to start. This throwing the baby away while keeping the bathtub crap is really getting bad! These bio's have to be the vision of a single person who only read about the stories he is trying to reference because up is down and black is white.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    500 years?!?!? Really. It's been 2000 years since Jesus and we all know who he is! ...I just don't even know how to start. This throwing the baby away while keeping the bathtub crap is really getting bad! These bio's have to be the vision of a single person who only read about the stories he is trying to reference because up is down and black is white.
    Amen!

You think so? I'm enjoying the bios quite a bit, and they fit in just fine with my MOTU.

i'm with you Uki i like them alot but i do with the goddess bio was more about her

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I think that the lack of information regarding Sharella in her bio goes to illustrate that she is more of a spiritual entity than a person. I also believe that she will be mentioned in Eldor's bio, perhaps in closer relation to how Sharella was to be used in the Powers of Grayskull line. I could, of course, be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Good thing this would be an exclusive. I could never see a half-naked man selling at retail or even being stocked.

I don't even see the appeal of it for adult collectors apart from the nostalgic value.
    That's funny, the only appeal for me is that he is half-naked...
    I think it's great that they are being so detail oriented. Those early mini-comics have so many cool things. I want a mini-comic Tri-Klops!

Am I the only one who thinks people are going too extreme? I just read where some individuals are of the notion that they are just making stuff up as they go or have no clue...say what??
    These people have at least three different canons and ideals that they had to RESEARCH thoroughly and try to compose ONE. That doesn't sound like "off the top of your head" to me. Toyguru already stated that these bios were written well in advance of the figures. This would be after all the meetings where contradicting elements had to be ironed out among MANY executives with the help of diehard fans like Val. So, no offense, but it has been already stated that some things in the bios would not go over well with everyone and some would be praised: but they have done the work for us fans to TRY and put it all together. They did NOT have to do this...Mattel could have just put out the figs as is with no art or bios.
    Whether you like the bios or not, Mattel actually spent money to place in the mythos. Pick and choose how you like, but give some credit where due!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks people are going too extreme? I just read where some individuals are of the notion that they are just making stuff up as they go or have no clue...say what??
    These people have at least three different canons and ideals that they had to RESEARCH thoroughly and try to compose ONE. That doesn't sound like "off the top of your head" to me. Toyguru already stated that these bios were written well in advance of the figures. This would be after all the meetings where contradicting elements had to be ironed out among MANY executives with the help of diehard fans like Val. So, no offense, but it has been already stated that some things in the bios would not go over well with everyone and some would be praised: but they have done the work for us fans to TRY and put it all together. They did NOT have to do this...Mattel could have just put out the figs as is with no art or bios.
    Whether you like the bios or not, Mattel actually spent money to place in the mythos. Pick and choose how you like, but give some credit where due!
    The Masters of the Universe Classics biographies were written exclusively by employees at Mattel with no input from fans.

Those of us who are proficient with regards to the canon of Masters of the Universe do not need Mattel to combine the disparate mythologies.

I would prefer that the figures be released with their original artwork and biographies if the new ones are going to be executed this poorly.

I do not care how much effort or money has been placed in the biographies—they are still terrible.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    This would be after all the meetings where contradicting elements had to be ironed out among MANY executives with the help of diehard fans like Val.
    I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd love to sell you...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Good thing this would be an exclusive. I could never see a half-naked man selling at retail or even being stocked.
    You've never seen the WWE action figures?

Most just look like guys in underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    You've never seen the WWE action figures?

Most just look like guys in underwear.
    But at least they have shin pads and some kind of wrestling boots so that they look like they're actually doing something. Barbarian He-Man looks like he just came out of the shower.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Maybe 1 Eternian year=4 Earth years? Time is money, and the dollar isn't what it once was either.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleprachaun View Post
    Maybe it's Vikor ?
    Vikor is a totally different heman, Possibly one of the first defenders of the power sword, but certainly where he gets the Power Axe from. this is the way I see the linage of hemans

1. He-ro
    2. Grayskull
    3. King Tamusk (if we get the filmation rights)
    4. Vikor
    5.Barbarian He-man
    6.Wun-dar
    7. Adam

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Vikor is a totally different heman, Possibly one of the first defenders of the power sword, but certainly where he gets the Power Axe from. this is the way I see the linage of hemans

1. He-ro
    2. Grayskull
    3. King Tamusk (if we get the filmation rights)
    4. Vikor
    5.Barbarian He-man
    6.Wun-dar
    7. Adam

Is this a complete list of "He's"?
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Is this a complete list of "He's"?
    Not in my world. But I don't include King Tamusk. I DO include He-Ro (Gray), Grayskull, Vikor, He-Lok (my own creation), "Barbarian" He-Man, Wun-Dar, He-Man and She-Ra, and He-Ro: Son of He-Man. Many Guardians of Grayskull have existed over the years in my personal mythos.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC