Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

I'm bummed that Sharella is not another character now. He-Man is a title now? Ugh. But after all that, this bio doesn't tell us much about the Goddess herself!

Anyone care to transcribe the bio?

I only get little red crosses when things are linked to facebook

What's the significance the name,Sharella?

bonus items?

Maybe I'm missing something--- but is there anything different about the axe, shield, and armor that come with The Goddess, than the one that he-man figure already comes with? Seems like a redundant accessory if it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Losgar View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something--- but is there anything different about the axe, shield, and armor that come with The Goddess, than the one that he-man figure already comes with? Seems like a redundant accessory if it isn't.
    She comes with that armor as a homage to the mini comic where the Goddess gives He-Man his armor. The only new item with her is her staff.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

They’re really making the background and mythology as deep as they can. I like it a lot. So ‘He-Man’ is a name that many others have been called in the past.

Hahaha, He-man as a title? God this stuff gets worse and worse.

On the plus side, I can totally ignore anything written on the backs of these figures and go with what I saw in the 80s

THIS IS THE COOLEST BIO I READ SO FAR.

I love the way they placed Godess and the young men whom she trained and who took the name "He-Man" in the realm of myths and legends. These heroes were the subject of the stories kids were told by their parents, while everyone was waiting for the real He-Man to show up. It somehow reflects the fact that we, as kids, used to read those storis about He-Man's different incarnations and Godess in the minicomics which were all anticipating the arrival of the "real" Filmation He-Man. I really love this bio.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I really like her bio a lot.

I'm glad to see Mattel using the Sharella name. Since she was the one who was supposed to have trained He-Ro for the PoG line that never was, I never thought we'd hear that name again.

As for a lineage of He-Men, that doesn't bother me that much. Hopefully if they revisit the previous He-Men, we get a villain or two for them to battle. Perhaps a certain ghost could have faced off against a He-Man before his untimely demise.

I do hope however that NA He-Man happens to be Adam and not a descendant, and that the Galactic Guardians came back to the past to seek the aid of the greatest He-Man of them all.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Did anybody else notice the sticker?!

Look carefully on the back of her card, the "Real name: Sharella" is a sticker!

Does this mean there's another name under there?

I'll be peeling mine off to check...count on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    HEYOOOOOOO! I've seen at least one fan-pic where I think Teela had He-Man's armor or maybe She-Ra did, and it was bigger so she was covered, but it was still FREAKIN HOT! If someone can find that, post it!
    Search relentlessly for that!!! I wanna see! lol

If there's a variant of that pic with He-Man's armor much smaller and there's more showing, send it to me in a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What a horrible bio. It is a good thing I don't take these bios seriously.
    I won't take the bit about He-Man as a title seriously. Everything else in the new canon has been fine, but this just changes the mythology completely.

I don't mind the new name Sharella as it is pretty, but it would've been cool if she were called Veena instead as that would tie in to an existing concept. Also, it would be kinda neat to give her the name Veena as that is the name of the character who appeared as a green-skinned Orion Slave Girl fantasy in the original Star Trek pilot "The Cage". It would be a great nod to that. Veena sounds like a green name anyway.

Still, any thoughts on Sharella as a potential baby's name?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    The Green Goddess rules!! What a role, what a BIO!!
    I LOVE IT!!!

I am soooo getting this figure.
    They are on a role with these new bios.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I'm curious as to what her original name was going to be. If you look at the bio, Sharella is a sticker laid over.
    Good eye! I thought I was the first one that noticed that.

I'll be peeling it off to check!

I guess I am not surprised by the bio because, in the back of my mind, this is how I always thought things were with He-Man. So I appreciate it. But then again, I will take any new story I can get, I don't have a single problem with any of the bios. (except Tri-Klops and Mer-Man's real names )

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Anyone care to transcribe the bio?

I only get little red crosses when things are linked to facebook

What's the significance the name,Sharella?
    Something like this I think...

THE GODDESS

After the death of King Grayskull, the power of the universe was
    transferred from the Sword of He to the Council of Elders who hid it
    deep within his castle. Knowing the full sword was the key to channeling
    the power, they split it in two to prevent it from falling into the hands
    of evil. For five centuries they waited for a worthy heir to be born. During
    this time their spirit guide, the creature known as 'The Goddess' of Eternia,
    trained secret heroic guardians to keep the two halves of the sword separated.
    Many of these brave warriors took the name "He-Man" in honor of the
    sword they protected, giving birth to many different legends of the
    protector of Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post

It also doesn't explain why Greyskull wasn't called He-Man since he seems to have used the same power and weapons.
    Sure it does. It implies that the He-Man title didn't come into play until AFTER Greyskull's death, as "He-Man was the title given to whoever the Godess was currently training.

Well after re-reading that bio, Adam is still the one TRUE He-man.
    It says the others were merely protectors of the sword who took the name He-man to honor the one true heir who wouldn't be born for five centuries...ADAM.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    So is Adam kind of like the Messiah of all the He-Men or what? All the others kept the seat warm until the chosen one(Adam) arrived?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    He-Man is a title now? Ugh.
    It has always been. Even in Filmation they refer to He-Man as a legend.
    Granamyr even mentions he had heard that name through the centuries.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    So is Adam kind of like the Messiah of all the He-Men or what? All the others kept the seat warm until the chosen one(Adam) arrived?
    That's what it sounds like.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    I was trying to decide if I would be bying this figure for my collection. As a kid I never had the mini comic she appeared in. I didn't even know there was a green goddess until a couple of years ago. After seeing the new photos of her I'm certain I will be adding her to the rest of my figures. I love the real name they gave her. Sharella. Majestic and mysterious. I really do like the bio. Now this is coming from a die hard 80's MOTU fan, but I don't have a problem with other "He-Men" existing before Adam's time period. Even when I was a kid that idea occured to me more than once. Adam is still the one true He-Man we grew up with. I don't consider the bio's "canon" anyway. I take what I like and discard the rest. I think we all do that. This line keeps getting better and better, and the mythology continues to grow. Can't wait to see what other revelations they have in store for us.

Chris here...

When I first read the bio I didn't like it...but, it's growing on me with repeated readings. The wording of it actually doesn't diminish the character of He-Man that we know (i.e., the idea of He-Man as Adam) - rather it says that the Goddess trained up some warriors who took on the name of He-Man, it doesn't actually say that they were He-Man. That's a very important distinction.

As a big fan of the comics character Captain America (real name Steve Rogers), several other characters in Marvel Comics canon have taken on the Captain America title (particularly during the 1950s when Steve Rogers was MIA), but it's generally assumed that Steve Rogers was Captain America, with the others just assuming the Captain America guise. It's much the same deal here with Adam and He-Man.

As with "The Sword of He", I love what Mattel are at least trying to do with bios such as this one, by creating a rich and powerful MOTU mythology - I'm not sure this one works completely, but I can live with it completely happily (and I'm sure that there are many cool story ideas that could be had out of it).

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    As with "The Sword of He", I love what Mattel are at least trying to do with bios such as this one, by creating a rich and powerful MOTU mythology - I'm not sure this one works completely, but I can live with it completely happily (and I'm sure that there are many cool story ideas that could be had out of it).

Take care...
    I feel the same way, I like how they are changing things up and opening the mythos to a wider array of characters and events.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

WOW

Im very excited for this figure!
    The skin looks pretty awesome cant wait to crack mine open.
    My Avatar is Robert Goulet as a stormtrooper holding a Fudgie the Whale Cake -

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Good eye! I thought I was the first one that noticed that.

I'll be peeling it off to check!
    Nope, I mentioned it right back on page 1!

I'd imagine it is some prototype box alteration, and won't be a sticker on the final product.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Great! The accessory of He-man is very cool!