Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

Heroic Warrior
    Great figure, love the translucent skin and all! HATE the bio!! I can buy her as some preternia goddess, but training centuries worth of He-Men. He-Man is a title now? What a steaming pile of poo!

the general story explained in the bio is all fine and dandy but it really doesn't speak much of the actual "goddess" character or her origin ...

Pretty interesting. Like everybody else, I wondered how in blazes MATTEL would 'write-in' in the GREEN GODDESS.

The whole concept of various 'HE-MEN' keeping the sword halves apart would explain some of them being armed with solely an axe, too. Maybe WUN-DAR is one of them?

( I think I just confused myself... )
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Actually, this IS confusing ... I understand they're trying to tie the Goddess into the mythos but this would make Skeletor and his minions like 100-some years old AND when and where did Keldor exist if these "He-Men" were battling HIM (Skeletor) in the original minicomics - which are the whole basis for the production of this character/figure.

Hmm ... after thinking about it, not sure i like this or if it can even make sense to me ...

This bio actually appeals to me quite a bit!

Both the Filmation and MYP cartoons imply that there have been many Sorceresses over Eternia's long history. If this is the case is it too far fetched that there could have been other warriors to protect 'The Power of Greyskull" that bore the 'He-Man' name as well?

The Overlords of Trolla give He-Ro the Sword of He to combat evil. After his (implied) long series of adventures he ends up on Eternia where he meets King Greyskull and his companions. He helps them combat evil and in time He-Ro dies and basically gives Greyskull his powers to wield by giving him the sword. Then after more adventures Greyskull eventually dies and then transfers the sword's power to the Elders to protect and then gives the sword to Veena to hide away. The sword is split into two and then the line of Sorceresses as well as the Elders wait for a worthy heir to be born. In the meantime the Goddess trains guardians to protect the Powers of Greyskull. Many (but not all) of which take the name He-Man (The man that bears the Sword of He).

If this is all somewhat accurate HOW does She-Ra and her sword fit in? I want to say that her sword IS the other half... But why would Skeletor have had it.

'The Power of He' theoretically could be passing from being to being for all Eternity accross space and time to combat evil... The Overlords of Trolla had it Then He-Ro, Greyskull, The Elders, Adam and perhaps others to follow as well...
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; September 30, 2009 at 08:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Well this bio raises more questions?

Is the mustache less head the Man-At-Arms came with not Duncan but the Man-At-Arms from the Barbarian He-Man Era?

Is the Blonde Teela actually Teela Na before becoming the Sorceress? Is the Goddess her mother?

How did Barbarian He-Man fight Skeletor? Was it Demo-Man meaning he walked Eternia before Keldor's time?

Is Beast-Man and Mer-Man now titles passed down through time?
    See, I think all those questions show how great this bio is. It's an example of how we can all make our own canons or stories how we prefer them.

I like the Bio not bad the name probally has to do with She-Ra. But I cant wait to have this figure.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bio. It fits exactly with how I imagined things. While The Goddess (Sharella, love the name!) exists forever, sort of like a guardian archangel for Eternia, there is a lengthy succession of Sorceresses who act as custodian of the Power of the Universe. I see the power of the Sword of He as similar to the MacGuffin I am using in a series of (non-MOTU related) stories I am writing with a pal of mine. The object is more or less a "tool of God/the Supreme Creator/Whathaveyou) and there are those (such as the Overlords of Trolla, Cosmic Enforcers/etc. who act as protectors. There are also, naturally, those who seek to control it (the Horde, etc.).

Very cool stuff! I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on her!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    the general story explained in the bio is all fine and dandy but it really doesn't speak much of the actual "goddess" character or her origin ...
    Exactly. This is my problem as well.

Why not use the bio space to, I don't know, actually provide a bio for the character in question?

Instead, the limited space for the bios is wasted on self-consciously explaining the names in a "logical" fashion.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Why do we need all these He-Men when we already had Cosmic Warriors, Mystic Warriors, Cosmic Enforcers, Defenders, Men-At-Arms, etc.? I thought the legend of He-Man was to be fulfilled when such a great evil (Skeletor) arrived to threaten the peace of Eternia.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess we won't be getting a real Sharella now. I'm looking forward to this particular figure, but am really disappointed at the loss of the tribal chieftess, Sharella. I was hoping "Sharella" would be the woman with the bow from Megator's box art.
    ne jabba no badda!

You guys are jumping the gun a bit, well from the bio I read (the one transcribed here because for some reason the cardback pic doesn't show up for me) it says these warriors TOOK the name he-man in honour of the duty they had of protecting the sword. it doesn't say it was a title, this can EASILY be seen as an homage to the coming of THE He-Man. the name gets spread throughout the ages, legends are born, myths grow out of it, and when Adam becomes he-man, it's a huge event for Eternia. there's good potential in the story all you need is toimagine an epic tale with these elements (but not some of the names)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm still not sure how I feel about this He-Man title thing. I mean, I've always seen the He-Man name as a title, but not in a "there were more than one" fashion. Still, it actually makes the character itself more legendary... if we now get an Adam which is not He-Man in different clothing, but has a different face and haircut (like 200x, and Adora at least always had different hair), we can have this legendary He-Man that always looked the same, but was in fact a power carried over by different warriors until the true chosen one, Adam, took the sword. Hum...

I'm still trying to figure out the new sword thing; If He-Man joined both halves of the power sword, that means he has Skeletor's half? So where did Skeletor get his half in the first place and how did he lost it? Actually, I never liked the idea of He-Man carrying both halves of the sword... takes away all the stress from conquering the other half and then having full access to Grayskull imho. And as mentioned, where does She-Ra's sword of protection come into the story?

I'm not sure that by making the Goddess official in this canon, and adding the various "He-Men" they were making the first mini-comics completely canon to MotUC as well. I don't think that, even if we get "Savage" He-Man (who might as well be Wun-Dar - He has the cosmic warrior vest as Wun-Dar, and takes the techno power suit from the Goddess once he becomes He-Man), that he would interact with Man-At-Arms, Teela, Skeletor, Beast-Man and Mer-Man in the old mini-comics way... Maybe Man-At-Arms, and maybe that's why we get the second head (if you think of it, right after the first mini-comics and with the intodution of Adam as He-Man we started having Duncan with a moustache, so maybe the non-moustached Man-At-Arms was the one from Wun-Dar/ Savage He-Man's times). There could be other Mer-Man and other Beast-Man (after all, it's races), but Skeletor as we know it couldn't be there (he is the half brother of Randor and he can't be that old, unless savage He-Man was right before Adam), so my guess is Demo-Man. Teela couldn't be there at all (unless she was another clone of the Sorceress - and now those are too many unlesses)

If they go Savage He-Man way, I think they should do it only with Savage He-Man, unmoustached Man-At-Arms, and Demo-Man. More characters in common with the "present" story and that's too much coincidence already.

Awesome, nice to see the bio & the more of MOTUC's "one core history" direction. The figure looks great!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    He-Man..........so much for being the most powerful man in the universe, when there have been MANY given that title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    It makes the He-Man we all know and love (Prince Adam who becomes He-Man) way less charismatic, in my opinion.
    I disagree. Adam, the current He-Man is the best of the He-Man lineage. He's fighting Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss AND Flogg and lives to tell the tale. Unless the other He-Man do comparable things, Adam is still #1.

But of course, it leaves SO MANY open doors for zillions of He-Man concepts, repaints and variants... And so, in my opinion, this is just another commercial tactics for future possibilities.

I just hope we won't see tens of repaints and variants. Alas, this sad trend has already begun as soon as the subscription has been launched. I fear for the future of MOTUC, and dread infinite repaints and variants that are able to ruin the line, just like it happened with the 200X line.
    I think that's the awesome part! It makes canons other than the one established by Filmation and MYP legit. It reminds me of how Nintendo does the whole Zelda canon now. While the fans get the normal monthly figures, those fans of the other eras of He-Man can get those 82'-83' characters as bonus figures. This is a great day for Pre-Filmation fans!

And this solves the whole He-Man goes off into the future problem, if NA He-Man is some other He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Well this bio raises more questions?

Is the mustache less head the Man-At-Arms came with not Duncan but the Man-At-Arms from the Barbarian He-Man Era?

Is the Blonde Teela actually Teela Na before becoming the Sorceress? Is the Goddess her mother?

How did Barbarian He-Man fight Skeletor? Was it Demo-Man meaning he walked Eternia before Keldor's time?

Is Beast-Man and Mer-Man now titles passed down through time?
    That part is a little confusing... Man-At-Arms is a title anyway (probably carried by the moustache-less fellow) and Teela (the blonde version) is obviously someone else.

With the non-humans, they could get away with much....Caucasian Stratos could have been another Avionian, just like the all red Beast Man and blue Mer-Man could have been other members of those races.

But who was Skeletor...unless it was Demo-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Well, Hordak still lives. So the other He-man's obviously didn't fare too well!
    Those He-Men never fought Hordak. He was in Despondos.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 30, 2009 at 09:41pm.

Loving her

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    It has always been. Even in Filmation they refer to He-Man as a legend.
    Granamyr even mentions he had heard that name through the centuries.
    No it hasn't. And Granamyr didn't say he'd heard it through the centuries, only that he'd heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I disagree. Adam, the current He-Man is the best of the He-Man lineage. He's fighting Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss AND Flogg and lives to tell the tale. Unless the other He-Man do comparable things, Adam is still #1.

And this solves the whole He-Man goes off into the future problem, if NA He-Man is some other He-Man.
    What is he, Turok now?
    Really...with the bios I can take it or leave it, but I'll stick with the original minicomics on this one. In pre-filmation, his name was He-Man, and he was recognized by the Spirit of the Castle as the future ruler of the castle. So, y'know...one canon is as legit as another anyway. The most important thing is that she'll be standing on the shelf alongside the other originals!

I love the Bio. Multiple people over multiple generations have held the name He-Man. The story is coming together nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    What is he, Turok now?
    Really...with the bios I can take it or leave it, but I'll stick with the original minicomics on this one. In pre-filmation, his name was He-Man, and he was recognized by the Spirit of the Castle as the future ruler of the castle. So, y'know...one canon is as legit as another anyway. The most important thing is that she'll be standing on the shelf alongside the other originals!
    as I said, he can still be the ONLY one who IS He-MAn, all those who chose the name he-man as defenders of the sword did so one their own, Adam never chose the name He-Man, he BECAME THE He-Man. it's like the 4 supermen, they weren't superman, but they represented him while he was gone and went by the name.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What is he, Turok now?
    I wasn't saying that to dismiss the other He-Mans, but the current version has problems the other versions never had to deal with. It doesn't mean that those others were any less legitimate.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    No it hasn't. And Granamyr didn't say he'd heard it through the centuries, only that he'd heard it.
    "I have heard the name whispered on the winds of legend," I believe. I always took it as Granamyr having heard prophesies of the hero, myself.

Personally, I find the bios interesting (if at times annoying) but don't take them too seriously--I have my own MotU mythoi, and so far, there's nothing in the Classics story that I feel compelled to add to my own versions of the Matter of Eternia. I do, however, think that five centuries is too short a gap between Grayskull and Adam.

Matthew L. Martin (He-Ro and King Grayskull come from different universes, the bit about Teela being a clone was a lie of Skeletor's, and Scare Glow ain't no bounty hunter. )

haha this is funny because it's the Goddess' bio but the debate is all about He-Man. All we've learned about the Goddess is that she's a "creature" named Sharella who trained He-Man.
    (which is fine by me really, I don't mind a bit of mystery)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    "I have heard the name whispered on the winds of legend," I believe. I always took it as Granamyr having heard prophesies of the hero, myself.

Personally, I find the bios interesting (if at times annoying) but don't take them too seriously--I have my own MotU mythoi, and so far, there's nothing in the Classics story that I feel compelled to add to my own versions of the Matter of Eternia. I do, however, think that five centuries is too short a gap between Grayskull and Adam.

Matthew L. Martin (He-Ro and King Grayskull come from different universes, the bit about Teela being a clone was a lie of Skeletor's, and Scare Glow ain't no bounty hunter. )
    yeah 500 years is too short IMO as well. but whatever.

Fear is faith in failure

haha this is funny because it's the Goddess' bio but the debate is all about He-Man. All we've learned about the Goddess is that she's a "creature" named Sharella who trained He-Man.
    (which is fine by me really, I don't mind a bit of mystery)
    I don't like that Sharella is a "creature" either. It makes her sound as if she might not be human in form but has only assumed that shape. I prefer it to say "deity" or "nymph".

Hmmm.... actually I like the sound of that. A green nymph named Sharella who goes by the name of the goddess. Sounds kinda hot.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!