Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    PERFECT!!!

This is perfect, exactly as I had always imagined it. The Bio is perfect. This is how I imagined He-man's backstory for ages. Perfect. Change nothing.

-Necrono

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    Love the Skin, Love the Bio, Love everthing EXCEPT the Hitchhiker pose!

I mean, who thought that was a good idea??? She is the one character who should have a open left hand, for spell casting, or gesturing he man to the relics (as in the comic) A MOTUC version of Teelas vintage left hand would be awesome!!
    Imagine seeing that on the road. Ummm, looks like that green woman holding some kind of (squints) staff and sheild needs a lift, what do ya reckon honey? should we give her a lift? kids move over and make space for that green woman with the funny cobra hat.

To me she looks like she's tapping on the glass trying to get out of a cramped space..."You! yeah you, moc moron, over here, get me outta here will ya!
    Last edited by Master of Disguise; October 1, 2009 at 12:06am.

Man, I completely missed that her skin is translucent! Awesome! I love that kinda stuff! Fits great here, too!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

OH dear I wasnt planning to buy this figure but I do love the skin and the bio is perfect! I love the He-man title! yeah this is the perfect path to a book about Eternia history! amazing!
    available for commissions
    My flickr
    My Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I don't like that aspect either. There should only be ONE He-Man. Contrary to making the barbarian He-Man from the mini-comics canon, it makes it as if he were a different He-Man who just had the same name. But what about Man-at-Arms and Teela who also featured in those comics? If they said it was King Greyskull that might be acceptable, but not several warriors with the name "He-Man." That sounds like that dumb idea Lee Tamahori had for Die Another Day of having "James Bond" be just a code name and that several agents have shared that name in the past, to explain why Bond never ages in the films.

I agree, multiple He-Man's is lame. One thing I had issue with in the 200X series is how He-Man wasn't as powerful as Greyskull and looked weak sometimes.

To me, He-Man is the Alpha and Omega of Masters of the Universe and should be "the man" like he was in the filmation series. Having multiple He-Man's makes our He-Man (Adam) seem pretty insignificant in the wider mythos, which to me is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Nice figure.
    Yes she is quite shapely.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise
    Imagine seeing that on the road. Ummm, looks like that green woman holding some kind of (squints) staff and sheild needs a lift, what do ya reckon honey? should we give her a lift? kids move over and make space for that green woman with the funny cobra hat.
    She could probably get people to pull over more easily if she shed a few items of clothing.

Nude hitchhiking. That's what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182

One thing I'm still curious about is that I haven't seen anything that would explain why Teela and the Goddess both wear the same snake armor. I wonder if there will ever be any kind of link there in the story, since it was already explained that Teela is a clone of the Sorceress (not the Goddess)
    That's what I'm wondering. Why does she look exactly like the goddess and not Teela-Na the Sorceress? Maybe she's really the daughter of Sharella?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Looking at the complete figure with weapons, I'm wishing that her snake armor was gold like the spear.

But, I'm happy!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Cool, though her accessories are kind of a waste... between he-man and Grayskull I've already got two each of the axe and shield, and one of the armor. It's probably a cost saving thing to redo the same weapons but at least try em in a different colour or something, or just not include them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    We need confirmation from Toy Guru if the fig is translucent or not. Translucent would be hugely rad.
    This is a direct quote from Matty on his Facebook page under the picture of The Goddess unpackaged:

Check out the transulcent skin! It is amazing!!
    So there's your answer. It's definitely translucent.
    Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

I think that ruins the mythology of He-Man. Imagine if the James Bond as codename had also been made canon.

It also doesn't explain why Greyskull wasn't called He-Man since he seems to have used the same power and weapons. Also, He-Ro could've been called He-Man as well if he had possessed the power. And why isn't She-Ra called He-Man (or She-Man)?

He-Man as a title just has too many inconsistencies and problems and makes the He-Man we all know less unique.:
    I have to humbly disagree there. If anything it enriches the mythology,
    because now it gives a history behind the sword, its power and the
    title of the wielder of that sword. Perhaps the reason why Greyskull or
    He-Ro never went by those titles was because everything started after
    their tenure, therefore the title would be bestowed upon successors.
    He-Man would also be a title for male successors, so She-Ra wouldn't
    apply especially if the sword was split into two after Greyskull's death.

Personally I don't think there has to be exclusively one He-Man, because
    every He-Man will be dramatically different from the next depending on
    the alter ego personality. Its alot better than giving Adam a random name when
    he utilizes the power of Greyskull. They can also differentiate Adam's
    He-Man in many ways and maintain that uniqueness about him.

I agree, multiple He-Man's is lame. One thing I had issue with in the 200X series is how He-Man wasn't as powerful as Greyskull and looked weak sometimes.

To me, He-Man is the Alpha and Omega of Masters of the Universe and should be "the man" like he was in the filmation series. Having multiple He-Man's makes our He-Man (Adam) seem pretty insignificant in the wider mythos, which to me is lame.
    IMO I think the 200X was wise in showing that even he-Man has limitations that was one folly of
    the Filmation version of He-Man, he was to powerful at times. Also how would making
    He-Man a title negate Adam's? I mean its not as if Filmation ever expanded upon the Adam and
    He-Man duality, its not as if he-Man was an overly deep character. Multiple He-Man's leave some
    room to build on the mythology but in all honesty they're likely never going to go into the stories
    and backgrounds of the ones who claimed the title, ergo Adam maintains his significants.
    Last edited by Azrael; October 1, 2009 at 12:56am.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This would explain the new NA He-man. He's not Prince Adam anymore. Just a future He-man.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I like the use of "He-Man" as a title. It really gives weight to the history of Eternia. In my mind it's like Green Lantern in a way. All of those other Green Lanterns in the Corps in no way diminish Hal Jordan (or Kyle Rayner if that's your preferance) as THE Green Lantern. And it kind of ties into a line Skeletor said (in the comic I think) about He-Man being "just a legend". What issue was that? Anyway, I think it's cool and there are so many possibilities.

Green goddesss......Mattel has made me happy

I was never a big fan o f the green goddess I have always been a fan of Filmations bible for he-man with other out side influences....But i must say this day with the bio of the green goddes mattel has taken the he-man character to new level that can produce great ideas....I Love the new mythos...I truly love it....Mattel ,4 HOURSEMEN.......This day i am proud to be a fan of the greatest Superhero...In my book In the Universe...(or multi-verse)...I feel big things to come withe the Motuc line......I hope bigger things for Motu AS a whole....i love the Idea of Multiple He-Mans....Great thinking guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by erisk View Post
    I like the use of "He-Man" as a title. It really gives weight to the history of Eternia. In my mind it's like Green Lantern in a way. All of those other Green Lanterns in the Corps in no way diminish Hal Jordan (or Kyle Rayner if that's your preferance) as THE Green Lantern. And it kind of ties into a line Skeletor said (in the comic I think) about He-Man being "just a legend". What issue was that? Anyway, I think it's cool and there are so many possibilities.
    Precisely!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    I guess we won't be getting a real Sharella now. I'm looking forward to this particular figure, but am really disappointed at the loss of the tribal chieftess, Sharella. I was hoping "Sharella" would be the woman with the bow from Megator's box art.
    Me too (except for looking forward to this figure) I was totally P.O.ed when I saw that. I have always pictured Sharella a certain way and had a whole idea set up for my storyline now it's wrecked.

Oh sure I personally can ignore it for just myself but what about my fan fics I want to share with the community huh?!?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    The other He Men were to make sure nobody got both halves of the power sword, so in essence they were the protectors of it until as the bio says the true heir to the sword was born which was Adam
    I really like this idea. It explains the two halves of the power sword, and why they are united now. It also makes Adam the "real He-man".

The reviewers really need to give the Goddess some backlighting so we can see how she looks all glowing and shiney.

It's interesting how close the name Sharella is to She-ra.

Awesome !!! The Goddess is Perfect. I like the color and I love the Bio !!
    I LOVE THIS LINE !!!!!!!! Impatient to get it !!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't like that aspect either. There should only be ONE He-Man. Contrary to making the barbarian He-Man from the mini-comics canon, it makes it as if he were a different He-Man who just had the same name. But what about Man-at-Arms and Teela who also featured in those comics? If they said it was King Greyskull that might be acceptable, but not several warriors with the name "He-Man." That sounds like that dumb idea Lee Tamahori had for Die Another Day of having "James Bond" be just a code name and that several agents have shared that name in the past, to explain why Bond never ages in the films.
    Well, it doesn't mean that the the minicons are part of MOTUC canon as is but that the bios are picking and choosing among different aspects of that continuity.

For me, I like it as it is exploring the timelines between Grayskull and Adam which we don't know anything about. I can't wait to see what they come up with for Wun-Dar now.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    For five centuries they waited for a worthy heir to be born. During this time their spirit guide, the creture known as 'The Goddess' of Eternia, trained secret heroic guardians to keep the two halves of the sword separated.
    Many of these brave warriors took the name "He-Man" in honor of the
    sword they protected, giving birth to many different legends of the
    protector of Eternia.
    While we are overtly reading into this bio, I think the word I've put in bold has been understandably overlooked. I'm looking at most if not all of these former warriors who were "He-Man" possibly not volunteering their identity like Adam does when he becomes He-Man. It could've been an instance where the Goddess was like "you're He-Man now go protect that sword" and they did it without charging into battle calling out their own name. If the bad guy they were after asked them who they were, that particular warrior could've possibly replied "I'm the protector of Eternia, Castle Grayskull, the Sword of He/Power, whatever."

The bio does end by saying these warriors were the beginnings of the legends for the "protector of Eternia" not specifically "He-Man." Even if the threat came from one of He-Ro's old enemies who came to Eternia looking for the Sword of He, but didn't care about Eternia: I'm sure he did a bit of ravaging of the planet and its inhabitants while looking for the sword. This character might not have even known of Castle Grayskull. The warrior who was "He-Man" might've even been summoned from a different dimension or planet and couldn't care less about Eternia. Sure the guy was heroic, but he was specifically trained to protect the halves of the sword and Castle Grayskull.

Also these legends could've been skewed big time if this type of attitudinal stance I'm suggesting did occur. "He-Man" comes in and trashes the bad guy and keeps the Powers of Grayskull safe. Suddenly, someone comes rushing onto the scene after everything's said and done and is like "oh the Royal Palace is on fire! Help!" That's not part of this warrior's job description and he keeps going with his exit. This guy could've been called in to be "He-Man" for just one fight and that was it. Thusly, we've got some different legends about He-Man that are possibly even forgotten until we get Adam who comes in and cleans up all the messes for both Castle Grayskull and the planet of Eternia as a whole. At least that's how it looks to me.

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot something. Filmation's series did have the Hall of He-Man in Castle Grayskull. I remember watching that episode back when I got the DVDs a couple of years ago and thinking "so, was there a He-Man before Prince Adam?" Looks like Mattel is keeping every type of He-Fan in mind with this bio.
    Last edited by wallbie; October 1, 2009 at 03:01am.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Barbarian He-Man is now CANON!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Score one for the Pre-Eternia fans!

500 years of different He-Men, and we know only one of them...

"Wun-dar: the savage He-man"

He-ro

King Grayskull

Adam

And maybe skeletor?
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    Well, it doesn't mean that the the minicons are part of MOTUC canon as is but that the bios are picking and choosing among different aspects of that continuity.
    From what I remember, that's how the bios for MotUC were explained to have been put together - a little from here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    For me, I like it as it is exploring the timelines between Grayskull and Adam which we don't know anything about. I can't wait to see what they come up with for Wun-Dar now.
    ...and also a great way of introducing "Vikor" into the mythos.
    Last edited by Hek-tor; October 2, 2009 at 03:58am.

Not sure if I really like the transculent skin, but I can live with that. I dig her biography.

But the He-Man accessoires are ridiculous! I expected those to be at least colored differently (maybe with a shade of blue just like in the minicomics), but exaclty the same stuff we already got with He-Man??? What a waste.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Bang your head!!!
    I love the bio and I love the figure!
    I am totally in love with the multiple He-Man idea...