Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Goddess Bio Revealed!

This also ties into the "I thought He-Man was only a legend" belief of some of the villagers. I love this bio.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

ok, so in 500 years how many He-men do you think is a reasonable number?

I'd guess about 8. Maybe more. We know they're likely to die in battle at a young age.

I'd bet Wun-Dar was the first. He's savage afterall. Then maybe vikar.

I also like the idea that NA he-man is a different person. They certainly look different. I hope he still remains called adam though and we get a NA adam though.

I wonder if the he-man alts will be classed as different he-men?

Battle armour he-man... is that still the same man?
    What about snake armour he-man?
    2002 he-man?
    the 200x designs should have a different head sculpt. this seems like the best way of writing it in imaginable.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by Schlonk View Post
    So there's your answer. It's definitely translucent.
    Oh coolness! That part was omitted from the first post in this thread. Sooo excited over translucent skin.

As for the "creature" bit, maybe The Goddess has some other true form or she's hiding something under the outfit. ...or how some of the Gods/Goddesses in Greek mythology transformed themselves into other things.

Anyhow, after thinking about it for awhile, I've decided that it does makes sense for there to be guardians of the swords taking on the name He-Man so as to establish the myth.

Sharella and She-Ra? Would be a little strange if Adora is taking on some Sharella powers or using She-Ra as an homage to her, since Teela is already a clone of the Goddess. Would be like a little Goddess club...lol In a way I think it would be cool if She-Ra was an all-new Goddess or demi-Goddess that was created because of Adora...if that makes sense.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think I'm gona switch the staffs, though (between Teela and Goddess).
    Me too, make more sense to the Green Goddess getting the Staff of Ka.

For me Green Goddess is the guardian of the Viper Tower...

I donīt like the idea of several He-men. I prefer to think that some brave warriors like Wun-dar, He-Man and others have defended Grayaskull in different ages, but He-Man is just only one.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    ok, so in 500 years how many He-men do you think is a reasonable number?

I'd guess about 8. Maybe more. We know they're likely to die in battle at a young age.

I'd bet Wun-Dar was the first. He's savage afterall. Then maybe vikar.

I also like the idea that NA he-man is a different person. They certainly look different. I hope he still remains called adam though and we get a NA adam though.

I wonder if the he-man alts will be classed as different he-men?

Battle armour he-man... is that still the same man?
    What about snake armour he-man?
    2002 he-man?
    the 200x designs should have a different head sculpt. this seems like the best way of writing it in imaginable.

Oh no no! That would be terrible.
    Battle armor He-Man, Flying Fists, NA etc are all the same He-Man. Adam of the house of Randor.
    Those are gifts from Grayskull to He-Man not different people.

The only one who should be a different He-Man is Wun-Dar.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Nope, I mentioned it right back on page 1!

I'd imagine it is some prototype box alteration, and won't be a sticker on the final product.
    LOL actually if you check back, I mentioned it first on Page 1...not that I'm scoring points for it
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Many of these brave warriors took the name "He-Man" in honor of the
    sword they protected
    , giving birth to many different legends of the
    protector of Eternia.
    no mention of it being a title, also it doesn't state that ALL the protector's took the name but it does state later on in the bio the wait for the birth of one worthy of the power, the REAL He-Man.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It might take me a while to get get used to the idea of Sharella & The Goddess being the same person, but I think it works. The translucent skin was also a surprise, but it does look pretty cool.

I do like the idea of different warriors using the name He-Man in his honor, so long as they don't have the Power of Grayskull like Adam does.

Overall i'm very happy with the figure and her bio.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Ok, I've had all night to stew about this.

As a figure, I like her. Total Teela repaint but it works. The fact they added translucent skin really helps me get over "it's just a repaint". They made it something a bit more which is nice. She has loads of accessories too. So the figure I'm good with. (except for the fact it looks like she's giving us thumbs up.)

The bio I think I'm feeling better about. I love her real name and have no problem with that. It's just reconciling the fact that there has been a line of He-Man. (Men) Who is this Vikor everyone talks about? I'm not familiar with him. Wun-Dar being a He-Man is cool and that's probably what they're setting up in this bio.

500 years the Eldors waited for Adam to be born and carry the power of the Eldors. (which actually came from the Sword of He) The Goddess trained secret heroic guardians to keep the swords seperate many of which took the name He-Man. So other guardians did not take the name. (Wun-Dar and Vikor) You know, I think I like that. I'm just surprised that 500 years passed between Grayskull and Adam. That's a lot of family in between! No wonder why Randor doesn't know the castle is his!!

So to sum up. She freakin' ROCKS!! Love the bio and the character. I think there will be a connection between Sharella and Adora. AWESOME!!

Oh, and this is the last figure of 2009 that had to be revealed. What a year!!! Can't wait for the next one!
    Last edited by HordeFan; October 1, 2009 at 07:51am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Who is this Vikor everyone talks about?
    Vikor was He-Man's original concept.
    Check it out:

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Or Adam who permanently becomes He-Man, if you follow the mini-comics.
    Correct, He-Man of Filmation and He-Man of NA are THE SAME PERSON. They're NOT different people.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I wasnt sure I was excited about this figure but after seeing these images my excitement has risen. I do like the coloring of the figure. Not sure I am crazy about the bio - I need to process it some more.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Thanks for the pic Mike! Wow, yes, very Conan-esque. I do like what looks to be Skeletor. Very cool. So, Vikor was just a concept and never in any media??

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    that is one sweet looking figure! i can't ait to get here.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    So, Vikor was just a concept and never in any media??
    There is a Conan-esque prototype of He-Man that exists (owned by board member Peter, I believe), but I don't think it's the same as the one shown in the picture. That prototype is shown in the art book and online somewhere.

However, Mattel did recently trademark the name Vikor. It's not clear if they did that just for the art book, or if they intend to make the character sometime down-the-road.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yuck, not diggin' her shade of green AT ALL. I was considering her, but now she will be a giant pass.

Heroic Warrior
    I really like the character and the bio...if this canon is used in the proper way can have a very good potential, I only hope this wouldn't be just an excuse to make stupid and countless variations just to sell more!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Battle armor He-Man, Flying Fists, NA etc are all the same He-Man. Adam of the house of Randor.

I agree. I think Adam should have been the only He-Man to get so far as to access different armors such as Snake Armor, Horde Armor, Battle Armor, Flying Fists, etc.

They are really going to have to go out of their way to make the normal He-Man really special. It's there already, if you think about it.

I've had a further think and I like the He-man title idea. It makes scense and mnakes things far more serious. It also makes Adam far more special.
    He is the unlikley canditate for He-man as he's care only to have fun, just like all incarnations of the character.
    Yet despite his many shortcomings, it turns out that whatever it is about Adam, he is the He-man that will succeed where the others failed.
    There's a lot of fun to be had with this.

One of my big questions about this expanded continuity though is weather Marlena is still going to be Marlena Glenn astronaut from Earth. I for one hope so.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post

Like many other things you have said Mike I agree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I've had a further think and I like the He-man title idea. It makes scense and mnakes things far more serious. It also makes Adam far more special.
    He is the unlikley canditate for He-man as he's care only to have fun, just like all incarnations of the character.
    Yet despite his many shortcomings, it turns out that whatever it is about Adam, he is the He-man that will succeed where the others failed.
    There's a lot of fun to be had with this.

One of my big questions about this expanded continuity though is weather Marlena is still going to be Marlena Glenn astronaut from Earth. I for one hope so.
    Interesting thoughts, i like to think that what makes Adam special is his sensitive very caring side, hes a thinker and a dreamer and maybe these things when combined with the power of Greyskull really take him from savage brute into a truley special godlike warrior.....just thoughts..
    Last edited by skeletorous; October 1, 2009 at 08:51am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    The figure looks great. And I'm absolutely in love with the translucent skin!

And I'm really digging that bio. It totally makes sense to me, and it's a great way to work that first mini comic and a barbarian He-Man in to the canon.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The figure looks great. And I'm absolutely in love with the translucent skin!

And I'm really digging that bio. It totally makes sense to me, and it's a great way to work that first mini comic and a barbarian He-Man in to the canon.

Yeah, I get that aspect ... but who was "barbarian" He-Man battling - time-traveling Skeletor, Mer-Man and Beast-Man along with his friends prehistoric Man-At-Arms and Teela?

Seems like everyone is ignoring that gaping hole in the continuity.

So, we're just supposed to take from this bio the parts that actually make sense and ignore all of the other events and people that are out-of-place in the original story? This hurts my brain.
    Last edited by G-Man; October 1, 2009 at 09:43am.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Yeah, I get that aspect ... but who was "barbarian" He-Man battling - time-traveling Skeletor, Mer-Man and Beast-Man along with his friends prehistoric Man-At-Arms and Teela?

Haha! Good point.

Unless the Flux Capacitor gets worked into the canon. Hmmm...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Interesting thoughts, i like to think that what makes Adam special is his sensitive very caring side, hes a thinker and a dreamer and maybe these things when combined with the power of Greyskull really take him from savage brute into a truley special godlike warrior.....just thoughts..
    That doesn't sound like Adam to me.
    On paper he's selfish, lazy and 'cares little for matters of state'.
    This is why I say he is the unlikley canditate for He-man.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post

So, we're just supposed to take from this bio the parts that actually make sense and ignore all of the other events and people that are out-of-place in the original story? This hurts my brain.
    I think I have it figured out. Barbarian He-Man was from 200 years ago. I get this from MAA's bio, where it states how there's been a MAA since 200 years ago.

Man-At-Arms: Alcala Man-At-Arms is explainable. For two hundred years there has been a MAA. So this guy isn't Duncan or Dekker, possibly before Dekker. Maybe he was the first MAA and started cobbling together vehicles that he unearthed from The Great Wars.

Stratos, Beast Man and Mer-Man: The Alcala versions of Stratos (Caucasian Skin and Beast Man's feet), Mer-Man (Blue Skin and scaly underwear) and Beast Man (All red) are merely the precursors of the current versions and just other members of those races.

Another explanation for Stratos could be that it's actually the normal Stratos, since we don't know how long those races live. The Caucasian version could be when he was much younger, so his fur hasn't fully grown in yet. It would fit in with his MYP characterization which presents him as an "older" warrior.

Skeletor: Skeletor might actually not be Keldor, but Demo-Man--the actual demon from another dimension, which keeps with his original origin. "Skeletor" returns when Demo-Man gets merged with Keldor. So that means that barbarian He-Man must have defeated him, became King of Castle Grayskull, took Blonde Teela as his queen and they begat...The Sorceress of Grayskull we know?

Teela: Could Blonde Teela be The Sorceress of Grayskull when she was young? Or Blonde Teela might be the Sorceress' mother? If so, this shows a trend in Teela's becoming the Sorceress eventually.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 1, 2009 at 10:11am.