Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So will fans really boycott Panthor if he isn't flocked?

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

So will fans really boycott Panthor if he isn't flocked?

Or is this "No Monkey, No Money" all over again?

I'll get him, but I'll be really disappointed if he's not flocked. How much sense does it make for them to base the flock/don't flock decision on the attendees of a panel at the con? Were there that many people in the room??? I thought everyone wanted him flocked anyway.

I'm into the non-flocked Panthor for articulation's sake.
    Where's the "I want my kitty flocked petition?"
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I won't boycott Panthor just because he has no flocking... I'll be disappointed, but I'm going to get him anyway. I think the only way I'd be angry is if they changed their minds and did a re-release of him flocked, then I'd have something to be upset about. :P
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I've said my piece in the other thread.

I'm still going to get him regardless. I'm not going to play a part in something that could potentially lead to the downfall of the line (not worth it).
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It depends on how good the painted version looks. I don't want to pass on any figues, and ideally i'd buy both flocked & non-flocked figures to support the line.

But I really would prefer a flocked Panthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I've said my piece in the other thread.

I'm still going to get him regardless. I'm not going to play a part in something that could potentially lead to the downfall of the line (not worth it).
    I feel the same way about Panthor.
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

Looks like we might get both versions, but I think non-flocked will be a better figure all things considered. I will love a flocked one too, more for nostalgia value, but this super articulated figure will not really work as well flocked IMO. Mossy looks good, but the joints are difficult to get right without him looking like he need to visit "Advanced Hair".
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The completist in me can't see everyone investing so much in the line only to skip an unflocked Panthor. You'd have He-Man on Battle Cat, but no matching Skeletor on Panthor?

Fans talk a good game online, but most of them will buy any Panthor Mattel puts out. Any Panthor is better than no Panthor at all.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll buy Panthor either way. But I would rather he be flocked. I haven't seen the new Battlecat up close yet, but it seems to me that articulation isn't as important with the beasts. In fact, it could potentially be a big problem. Imagine getting a BC with joints as loose as some of the figures. Won't be much fun if He-Man can't even sit on him because his weight makes BC's legs buckle.

Bottom line: I want Panthor flocked but will still buy him unflocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I'll buy Panthor either way. But I would rather he be flocked. I haven't seen the new Battlecat up close yet, but it seems to me that articulation isn't as important with the beasts.
    Yeah, I keep wondering exactly how many poses you can put the cats in that would make articulation so important that it prevents flocking. I mean, what can you have Battle Cat and Panthor doing besides standing up and carrying Skeletor and He-Man that won't look silly or awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I won't boycott Panthor just because he has no flocking... I'll be disappointed, but I'm going to get him anyway. I think the only way I'd be angry is if they changed their minds and did a re-release of him flocked, then I'd have something to be upset about. :P
    my feelings exactly!!

it wont stop me getting him because he is a MUST for me-but yeah if he was rereleased flocked Id be furious.

Savage LOLcat of Eternia
    I would probably buy an unflocked Panthor if it came out first, but it would mostly be for the fear of missing out entirely if a flocked version never got produced. Battlecat need an arch-enemy to tangle with.

But let me be clear; I would prefer a SHORT-flocked Panthor given a choice. More like fuzzy purple stubble than a loose, wavy fur.

I'd be surprised if we had a choice in the matter after all the issues about Mossman. Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Release him unflocked if they have to, in vintage style armor. Then, down the line, flocked in 200X style armor. Or vice-versa.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    I figured out that it would be unlike Panthor could be flocked. I think it would have look patchy. An unflocked Panthor will look better in the long run.

Nope will buy him cause I want Panthor. I want him non flocked. Will look 100 times better non flocked.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Nobody would quit the line over Panthor. No one.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Flocked or unflocked, I will be buying all the creatures.

I can't say it means as much to me with Panthor as it did with Moss Man as Panthor should look awesome either way.

I"m going to skip him and wait for the flocked version. Theres no point in having two and he isnt so essential that I cant wait for the second version. Hopefully enough people buy him so that he is a rapid sellout and they can go ahead with the flocked version asap.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    must have it flocked but not over flocked like moss man.

I'd boycott panthor if he WAS flocked.

Heroic Warrior
    The original Panthor was flocked... Since the trend is to make the figures like the originals, I'm sure he will be flocked. If Mattel starts to deviate from the trend for example, a 200X style Prince Adam, I will drop this line all together.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    I'll get him either way. Panthor is my favourite MOTU character but it is annoying how his flock rubs off, even easier than mossmans. Either way he is still the coolest MOTU figure!~!
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    I have everything else in MOTUC, so it's hard to say I will boycott. However, I reserve judgement until I see him. The original was flocked, I think the classics version should be flocked. It is hard to say I will spend $30.00 on a battle cat repaint. We will have to see...

I'd be interested in Panthor - flocked or unflocked, i'm curious to see how Panthor would look without though hopefully all will be revealed in due time