Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So will fans really boycott Panthor if he isn't flocked?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

So will fans really boycott Panthor if he isn't flocked?

Or is this "No Monkey, No Money" all over again?

I'll get him, but I'll be really disappointed if he's not flocked. How much sense does it make for them to base the flock/don't flock decision on the attendees of a panel at the con? Were there that many people in the room??? I thought everyone wanted him flocked anyway.

I'm into the non-flocked Panthor for articulation's sake.
    Where's the "I want my kitty flocked petition?"
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I won't boycott Panthor just because he has no flocking... I'll be disappointed, but I'm going to get him anyway. I think the only way I'd be angry is if they changed their minds and did a re-release of him flocked, then I'd have something to be upset about. :P
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I've said my piece in the other thread.

I'm still going to get him regardless. I'm not going to play a part in something that could potentially lead to the downfall of the line (not worth it).
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The completist in me can't see everyone investing so much in the line only to skip an unflocked Panthor. You'd have He-Man on Battle Cat, but no matching Skeletor on Panthor?

Fans talk a good game online, but most of them will buy any Panthor Mattel puts out. Any Panthor is better than no Panthor at all.

It depends on how good the painted version looks. I don't want to pass on any figues, and ideally i'd buy both flocked & non-flocked figures to support the line.

But I really would prefer a flocked Panthor.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll buy Panthor either way. But I would rather he be flocked. I haven't seen the new Battlecat up close yet, but it seems to me that articulation isn't as important with the beasts. In fact, it could potentially be a big problem. Imagine getting a BC with joints as loose as some of the figures. Won't be much fun if He-Man can't even sit on him because his weight makes BC's legs buckle.

Bottom line: I want Panthor flocked but will still buy him unflocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I'll buy Panthor either way. But I would rather he be flocked. I haven't seen the new Battlecat up close yet, but it seems to me that articulation isn't as important with the beasts.
    Yeah, I keep wondering exactly how many poses you can put the cats in that would make articulation so important that it prevents flocking. I mean, what can you have Battle Cat and Panthor doing besides standing up and carrying Skeletor and He-Man that won't look silly or awkward?

I'll still get him, but I'd rather he be flocked. Oh well.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Naw, no one is gona boycott it. Even if we get a thread going with tons of people saying they will. A good portion of them won't and then the large portion of people who are buying and are not a part of this forum are going to still be buying as well, and sales will continue as they have been.

I'd rather he not be flocked so they can show off the cool fur detail, but I'm certainly gona buy him even if he is flocked (I'm still curious to see how that would look, too). This line is too good to have something silly like that be a deal breaker for nearly everyone.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Disappointed he won't be flocked. However, the smart thing to do is to wait until we see Panthor before saying we won't buy him. He could potentially come out looking great. These are the 4H we're talking about.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Nope, i won't boycott Panthor if he isn't flocked. in fact it'll make me want him even more. I've wanted an unflocked panthor from day one.
    I never liked how he was fuzzy when Battlecat wasn't, it was never a necessity to me, for one to be flocked when the other wasn't.

It never enhanced Panthor's look, but rather made it look cheap & chinzy. too lazy to paint him, so they cover it up with fuzz. To me the articulation is all-important. i've wanted super poseable cats since day one as well...they won't always be standing & carrying their 'masters', not on my shelf anyway.... I'd like to have them both reared up on their hind legs in an epic battle pose, like real big cats fighting each other...as well as be able to put them in any pose that cats can do, maybe lick their wounds after battle?

If they did indeed make the decision not to flock panthor, then that's the best news I've heard since Trap-jaw was shown.

to me the flocking was only ''remotely'' needed for mossman (which could have looked better with a great paintjob), and no one else. Next fans will be crying because Kowl isn't flocked.....I hope he isn't. it doesn't add anything to the figures imo...except make them look like little girl's toyline figures for Barbie or something...instead of an adult collectors figures.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Release him unflocked if they have to, in vintage style armor. Then, down the line, flocked in 200X style armor. Or vice-versa.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Im only buying an unflocked Panthor if it's cheaper BattleCat. if it's some price me like the big part of the fans say flock it! or i will do it for my self

Heroic Warrior
    I figured out that it would be unlike Panthor could be flocked. I think it would have look patchy. An unflocked Panthor will look better in the long run.

i'm not sure if i would say i was boycotting, but i wouldn't buy him. not necessarily to make a statement, just not interested.

Doesn't matter either way to me - I won't be buying either of the cats. Don't want to spend the extra $ and not really into the cats.

/never saw what the big deal was about them anyway.

Of course there will be fans that don't get him if he's not flocked.

I'm looking forward to the hope that he won't be flocked, but that's my opinion.

We're all gonna have different opinions.

There are people that won't get Moss Man because he's flocked I'm sure! (I'm not one a' those.)

There are people who won't get the Goddess because to them she's a dumb repaint.

Not getting Panthor if he's not flocked won't be much different than any other figure out there. The pickers and choosers might pass on him, the completists will get him regardless, it's the same with any figure.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Doesn't matter either way to me - I won't be buying either of the cats. Don't want to spend the extra $ and not really into the cats.

/never saw what the big deal was about them anyway.
    Ack! I think my heart just died a little.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I'll get him flocked or unflocked. I prefer unflocked for articulation sakes.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Theres no way they will release him non flocked, 200X was even flocked. It would be a kick in the nuts to classic fans everywhere if Panthor doesn`t get the flocking treatment

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Theres no way they will release him non flocked, 200X was even flocked. It would be a kick in the nuts to classic fans everywhere if Panthor doesn`t get the flocking treatment
    I hate getting kicked in the nuts
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I'm into the non-flocked Panthor for articulation's sake.
    Where's the "I want my kitty flocked petition?"
    I believe they moved it to the poll section

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The completist in me can't see everyone investing so much in the line only to skip an unflocked Panthor. You'd have He-Man on Battle Cat, but no matching Skeletor on Panthor?

Fans talk a good game online, but most of them will buy any Panthor Mattel puts out. Any Panthor is better than no Panthor at all.
    Yup they do ,I remember when the line first came out everyone was quitting the line everytime you turn around but when the sum up (figure of that month) there that member would be adding in one or two figures to the running tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Naw, no one is gona boycott it. Even if we get a thread going with tons of people saying they will. A good portion of them won't and then the large portion of people who are buying and are not a part of this forum are going to still be buying as well, and sales will continue as they have been.

I'd rather he not be flocked so they can show off the cool fur detail, but I'm certainly gona buy him even if he is flocked (I'm still curious to see how that would look, too). This line is too good to have something silly like that be a deal breaker for nearly everyone.
    Your lying Alexx one will boycott ,I will.In fact I don't really care anymore.Even if Mattel came on here and said Panthor will be flocked it doesn't matter ,I am so sick of the games they play. And its your opinion for flocking to be something silly.Its quite important to me.I also hope that when a figure you really care about that somehow is changed from what you love that other members respect that and treat you with more understanding.That goes for everyone here.

MegaGearMax collectors are a very forgiving bunch.Mattel could do another artbook fiasco( they will as that was only volume one) or worse QC and fans will complain blah,blah,blah but come the 15th of that following month they would still be online to buy that figure. Heck Mattel could release Panthor brown and everyone would still kill each other to buy one despite their cries of outrage.

This line should be called MOTUC? so that way mattel can do whatever they want when it suits them.

I will be listing my entire MOTUC collection in the market place in a few short hours if anyone needs it.I am tired of their games and will not play the forgiving collector anymore. Take care guys.

Nope will buy him cause I want Panthor. I want him non flocked. Will look 100 times better non flocked.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban