Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: So will fans really boycott Panthor if he isn't flocked?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It's not just about the way he looks, the feel of him plays a big part too. If I held an unflocked Panthor in my hand, it just wouldn't feel like Panthor. Same with Moss Man.

If he was a brand new never before made character I wouldn't mind the lack of fuzz, but Panthor has always been flocked, and that should remain the case.

After all, nostalgia plays a big part in the appeal of this line.
    That's exactly how I feel. I thought the same thing when some people wanted Moss Man Unflocked. huh? Moss Man with no Moss? I just think if it had it as an original it should have it. It's a classics line, and I want my nostalgia!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    So if we have no flocking on Panthor, I do hope for some extra tidbit thrown in there. Not sure what. Maybe a saddle attachment specifically for the havoc staff, to keep it upright like a standard into battle?
    But I DO know I'd prefer it not be cannons.
    Me neither. I've always hated the cannons on the cats.

I hope Panthor would have a panther's head, to set him apart from Battle Cat.

There's not really much you can do with Panthor...there's not much known about him at all.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. I thought the same thing when some people wanted Moss Man Unflocked. huh? Moss Man with no Moss? I just think if it had it as an original it should have it. It's a classics line, and I want my nostalgia!
    sorry, but i prefer mossman unflocked, just as the rest of the figures are unflocked. I'd rather be able to see the 4hm's great sculpt & paintjob than have it covered up by glue & fuzz. that's just me though. i do hope they make both versions to satisfy fans of each.

i'll buy my unflocked panthor & those who want him flocked can get that version when it comes.

for me nostalgia only goes so far.... i don't want every aspect of the figures done EXACTLY as the originals. Some of the originals could have been done better imo. I don't want Stinkor to be a repainted Merman, I'd rather they use beastman's parts for him since the character is supposed to be furry. he's a skunk man, not a fish guy.

If mossman hAS to be fuzzy, then by that same token Orko HAS to have the ripcord because the original had it & Zodak (notice the K) HAS to have the karate chopping feature because the original had it... see how that works?

yes, i like mossman without the fuzz...actually when i was a kid, i bought mossman to use as beastman since by that time BM was nowhere to be found & I scraped off the fuzz... so for me there is no nosalgic factor when it comes to the flocking. for me, it makes the figure look like they were too lazy to paint him.
    the word 'classics' means nothing imo...that word gets thrown around alot for lack of a better term. just like 'universe'... everyone uses that word now too. such a cliche...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I do agree about the cannons.... they weren't used in the myp series, thank goodness...and were removeable from their figures.

as for panthor having his own head... no no no.... he's supposed to be a purple battlecat without the helmet... giving him his own head wouldn't be 'classic' now would it?

of course I'm only kidding.... i do hope Panthor gets his own head sculpt just as the 200x version did. if not, no biggie.... My Battle cat will always have his helmet on, which already will set him apart from panthor... besides, how much differently could they sculpt a cat's head? a big cat is a big cat...
    just as i wouldn't expect Arrow to have a different head sculpt than Swift wind.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    If mossman hAS to be fuzzy, then by that same token Orko HAS to have the ripcord because the original had it & Zodak (notice the K) HAS to have the karate chopping feature because the original had it... see how that works?
    Yes, ideally they should try to keep them as close to the originals as possible. (Well, except maybe Orko. Might be hard to fit that ripcord feature into a correctly scaled small Orko.)

Mattel has said that mechanical action features are simply too expensive to do. But simple moving parts or paint decos do have a realistic chance of happening, as we've seen with Scareglow, Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw.

Heroic Warrior
    I can certainly understand the desire to see the great sculpting work of the Horsemen. To me personally though, I think I already have Beast Man, why do I need to see the same sculpt in green plastic instead of orange? Putting the flocking adds a new dimension to the character and makes it seem like more than just a repaint. Same goes for Panthor.

I can see both sides, but given there such a small amount of new sculpting on those 2 I don't think it's a great tragedy to cover it in flock.

I think doing them both ways is a great idea anyway. Why not? Then everyone is happy, and people like me would buy both versions. Do a re-release unflocked. I think that's a great idea to make fans happy and for Mattel to get more mileage out of a figure.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yes, ideally they should try to keep them as close to the originals as possible. (Well, except maybe Orko. Might be hard to fit that ripcord feature into a correctly scaled small Orko.)

Mattel has said that mechanical action features are simply too expensive to do. But simple moving parts or paint decos do have a realistic chance of happening, as we've seen with Scareglow, Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw.
    yeah that's true.
    scareglow doesn't really have any action features... he's just glow in the dark plastic... tri-klops & Trap-jaw's are more or less articulation. actually the new Trap-jaw has more 'action features' than he ever had... he can now become kronis.

I'm very curious what they plan to do with roboto... how will they do his torso? will he have the ab crunch? will his gears turn inside when his waist is turned? i'm guessing not....is that considered an action feature, or articulation? I've very anxious to see what they do with Roboto given his rather unique torso & insides... I'm sure his claw hand will be articulated, since Trap-jaw's was. and i'd be happy to see his axe hand return too. after seeing Optikk, they have all the parts for Man E & roboto except for the heads & roboto's torso.

imo, some of the action features are better off left in the past, since imo, they can be done in a different & better way now. I never liked that Mekaneck's neck could only be extended by twisting him to the side... a snap on neck piece would work much better for him now. not sure how they'd do mantenna or Snake face.... interchangeable heads maybe? or just a second set of eyes for mantenna? plug in snakes for snake face... not sure how they'd do him. i don't think kowl needs to have his flip up chest panel... but i do think articulated ears/wings would be awesome. Snout Spout could have an articulated trunk, but he doesn't need to squirt water imo.

I'm still going to miss that cool ripcord spinning for orko...oh well, i still have his original figure. ahhh i love the little guy...
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    I don't really care if it's flocked or not, as long as Mattel doesn't use the long flock like Moss Man has.
    the 'short' flock was done by hand and not able to be replicated for mass production.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

There's not really much you can do with Panthor...there's not much known about him at all.
    see. that is WHY there can be alot done with panthor since not much is known.

i really do not need a newly sculpted head but i wouldnt mind one. i'd rather them save the tooling for someone/something else.

now many will display BC w/o his helmet anyway.

i always thought of panthor/bc being part of the same species and that panthor was sort of a black sheep of the species
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!