Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian He-Man Thread ( Official Oo-Larr )

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Barbarian He-Man Thread ( Official Oo-Larr )

Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Toyguru said that this version of He-Man is coming eventually. All talk of him should go here, so that it doesn't derail the Goddess thread. Here's how it unfolded last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yup. Exactly what we were going for. Like I've said, we have long term plan here...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So does this mean that we can look forward to an eventual release of THAT particular He-Man in that picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yup. But not for quite awhile. And that isn't Prince Adam.

I think he ought to come with more than only a spear. Give him an Alcala style head. Heck, have him come with a Skeletor Alcala head.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 25, 2011 at 01:35am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I love your idea on the other thread of having him come with an Alcala-style head for Skeletor as a bonus item.

Alcala Skeletor head packed in = BRILLIANT.

Looking forward to a Red Beastman.
    A flesh colored, with new armor Stratos.
    And a modified Merman with new shorts boots n' gloves.
    A blonde Teela with possible new headsculpt would be sweet, and has been asked for repeatedly.

Those three are assumptions of course, just speculation, but how cool would it be to be able to represent the first four minicomics on your shelf in figure form?!

Thank You TG on the Barbarian He-Man drop!

All that would remain? A Mark Taylor/Alcala styled Castle Grayskull!
    (And a battle ram with sky sled and a wind raider)

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Looking forward to a Red Beastman.
    A flesh colored, with new armor Stratos.
    And a modified Merman with new shorts boots n' gloves.
    A blonde Teela with possible new headsculpt would be sweet, and has been asked for repeatedly.

Those three are assumptions of course, just speculation, but how cool would it be to be able to represent the first four minicomics on your shelf in figure form?!
    Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Easy to do too, since we have all of those characters already made. All they need are a few alterations. I wonder how profitable it would be? Many of the fans got into MOTU through Filmation and missed this period of MOTU.

Many of the fans got into MOTU through Filmation and missed this period of MOTU.
    That me in a nutshell but I have become enthralled with the pre Filmation stuff, it's just awesome.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I dont see how his head is all that different. Sure it's different art, but it's just He-Man head.

Guess I feel too much like Toyguru, as it isnt different at all. Just a different artistic style. So what's the point?

I'll take the bare feet, arms, no belt, spear ect. Think it's a waste, but I've already decided I like the character. But his head? Come on, it's just nearly nekkid He man.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I love your idea on the other thread of having him come with an Alcala-style head for Skeletor as a bonus item.
    Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Thanks!

He might as well, since he won't have anything except a spear.
    He'll have plenty of room for other things.

I was excited to hear about the barbarian He-Man, it does make one wonder if the other mini comic characters are coming, I really do hope he comes with his spear, it's awesome. I just hope the story that Mattel comes up with is good and doesn't feel forced or shoehorned.

Other than that though, I'm happy as a clam.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm not really too keen on loads of repaints (or "refreshes" as the buzz word seems to be at the moment), and we've got the forthcoming 'Savage He-Man' (Wun-Dar) to keep us going,

BUT...
    I love the idea of Barbarian He-Man, and other mini-comic versions of early characters.
    I wonder if we could get a version of Tri-Klops wearing the costume he had in the second wave of comics?

Also, in similar vein, I'd love to see 'Vik-or' (or whatever he's called), based on the original sketch for what evolved into He-Man.

All the early mythos are finally getting the love they so deeply deserve. This is MOTU's second golden age!!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Seriously though, there are so many more possibilities open to us now! Just regarding Savage He-Man, though: I'm liking the idea of giving him the Skeletor head. Hopefully they just give him a few generic weapons 'n stuff like that! I'll have to think more about what else they could give him. Since he's pretty much naked, that leaves it open for a lot of extras!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yes please!

Wow! A barbarian HE-MAN!?? I never, in a zillion years, would have thought that was possible.

If that can happen, pretty much anything is up for grabs. Awesome!

( crosses fingers and hopes for 'Barbarian TEELA' )
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Wow! A barbarian HE-MAN!?? I never, in a zillion years, would have thought that was possible.

If that can happen, pretty much anything is up for grabs. Awesome!

( crosses fingers and hopes for 'Barbarian TEELA' )
    YES YES YES!!!! Send her my way immediately!!!!
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Interesting. Where did TG say this at?
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I don΄t like the idea of several He-mans. He-man is the most powerful man in the universe and only Adam merged with the Sword of Power can summon him. I prefer Wun-dar as a "preternian he-man", we also got King Grayskull (he is very barbarian!).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Thanks to Demo-Man's bio, Oo-Larr the Jungle He-Man has built up quite the resume before his figure has come out. It's also notable that his information comes from bad guy bios.

• Oo-Larr teamed up with the Goddess and beat Gygor. (Gygor's bio)
    • Oo-Larr stopped Skeletor from opening up a portal to Despondos (Demo-Man's bio)
    • Oo-Larr destroyed Skeletor's Battle Armor and sent him back behind the Mystic Wall (Battle Armor Skeletor's bio)

Who's ass will Oo-Larr kick next?

I hope Oo-Larr has the Alcala He-Man head! It would be a nice counter part to an Alcala headed Skeletor! I'd buy two so I could do this! Here's hoping Oo-Larr gets announced in 2012!

Mods, could you change the title to "The Official Oo-Larr the Jungle He-Man Thread"?

Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Thanks to Demo-Man's bio, Oo-Larr the Jungle He-Man has built up quite the resume before his figure has come out. It's also notable that his information comes from bad guy bios.

• Oo-Larr stopped Skeletor from opening up a portal to Despondos (Demo-Man's bio)
    • Oo-Larr destroyed Skeletor's Battle Armor and sent him back behind the Mystic Wall (Battle Armor Skeletor's bio)

I hope Oo-Larr has the Alcala He-Man head! It would be a nice counter part to an Alcala headed Skeletor! I'd buy two so I could do this! Here's hoping Oo-Larr gets announced in 2012!

Mods, could you change the title to "The Official Oo-Larr the Jungle He-Man Thread"?
    Looks like I wasn't paying enough attention to the new bios. I assumed the encounter in the Demo-Man story was the same as the Battle Armor fight. Oo-Larr and Skeletor have some history Skeletor's got to hate that guy!

I'm seeing the new bare lower leg sculpt on Demo-Man and Photog and realizing we're another step closer to Oo-Larr. After seeing so much ambitious stuff from SDCC, I'm really curious about what kind of accessories and head sculpt we'll see on Oo-Larr.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

I like the idea of Oo-Larr having the Acala He-man head...very cool!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I like the idea of Oo-Larr having the Acala He-man head...very cool!
    That would be so perfect now that we have the alcala skeletor head on the way.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    That would be so perfect now that we have the alcala skeletor head on the way.
    Agreed, if we get that head it will replace my He-man as the real He-man. Best era is pre-filmation in my opinion.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yeah! Gimme an Alcala He-Man! Call him OO-Larr or whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Agreed, if we get that head it will replace my He-man as the real He-man. Best era is pre-filmation in my opinion.
    We often don't agree, but the Pre-Filmation Era was pretty damn good!

I've got a spare He-Man body to put an Alcala He-Man head on. At this rate, we'll have an Alcala mini-comic shelf.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

Official Oo-Larr Discussion Thread

Finally! Oo-Larr is coming to MOTUC!

I know a lot of people have been waiting patiently for Oo-Larr to be announced, myself included, and now I kind of feel that he has made the wait worth it. Oo-Larr seems like a great candidate for the final sub-only figure to be released (if, in fact, 2015 is really the final year...)

As far as source accuracy is concerned, it seems like the 4H have knocked this one out of the park! We have newly tooled wrists and calves which are now smooth, or naked, and an all-new "cave-man" He-Man head sculpt! Also, his accessories seem to be just right: a large spear (as seen in the iconic original mini-comic story) and an axe (which I'm still not sure if the axe comes with Huntara, or if it is actually included with Oo-Larr.)

Either way, I am super stoked to get this figure! Finally we can display our Alcala-headed Skeletor battling Oo-Larr, the tribe's greatest warrior!!

So we've been treated to not just one, but TWO new He-Men coming next year (Snake Armor He-Man and Oo-Larr), which is more exciting? What could make Oo-Larr better? What can his newly tooled parts be used for in the future of MOTUC?

Discuss!

PS: Mods, if a similar thread already exists I do apologize. I could not find one using the search engine.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    All the possibilities of he-man has come full circle.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Pretty dang excited for this! I do wish they had taken the chance to give 'em a minicomic Power Sword, but that's not really a complaint. Everything is pretty much perfect, AND there's that additional toy head! All the swapping, OH THE SWAPPING. Not sure what my main swaps are going to end up being, but I'll probably be trying the heads out on all the He-Men for awhile (except on Thunder Punch, I guess, since he's all pale).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.