Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian He-Man Thread ( Official Oo-Larr )

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Barbarian He-Man Thread ( Official Oo-Larr )

Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Toyguru said that this version of He-Man is coming eventually. All talk of him should go here, so that it doesn't derail the Goddess thread. Here's how it unfolded last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yup. Exactly what we were going for. Like I've said, we have long term plan here...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So does this mean that we can look forward to an eventual release of THAT particular He-Man in that picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yup. But not for quite awhile. And that isn't Prince Adam.

I think he ought to come with more than only a spear. Give him an Alcala style head. Heck, have him come with a Skeletor Alcala head.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 25, 2011 at 12:35am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I love your idea on the other thread of having him come with an Alcala-style head for Skeletor as a bonus item.

Alcala Skeletor head packed in = BRILLIANT.

Looking forward to a Red Beastman.
    A flesh colored, with new armor Stratos.
    And a modified Merman with new shorts boots n' gloves.
    A blonde Teela with possible new headsculpt would be sweet, and has been asked for repeatedly.

Those three are assumptions of course, just speculation, but how cool would it be to be able to represent the first four minicomics on your shelf in figure form?!

Thank You TG on the Barbarian He-Man drop!

All that would remain? A Mark Taylor/Alcala styled Castle Grayskull!
    (And a battle ram with sky sled and a wind raider)

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I love your idea on the other thread of having him come with an Alcala-style head for Skeletor as a bonus item.
    Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Thanks!

He might as well, since he won't have anything except a spear.
    He'll have plenty of room for other things.

I was excited to hear about the barbarian He-Man, it does make one wonder if the other mini comic characters are coming, I really do hope he comes with his spear, it's awesome. I just hope the story that Mattel comes up with is good and doesn't feel forced or shoehorned.

Other than that though, I'm happy as a clam.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm not really too keen on loads of repaints (or "refreshes" as the buzz word seems to be at the moment), and we've got the forthcoming 'Savage He-Man' (Wun-Dar) to keep us going,

BUT...
    I love the idea of Barbarian He-Man, and other mini-comic versions of early characters.
    I wonder if we could get a version of Tri-Klops wearing the costume he had in the second wave of comics?

Also, in similar vein, I'd love to see 'Vik-or' (or whatever he's called), based on the original sketch for what evolved into He-Man.

All the early mythos are finally getting the love they so deeply deserve. This is MOTU's second golden age!!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Seriously though, there are so many more possibilities open to us now! Just regarding Savage He-Man, though: I'm liking the idea of giving him the Skeletor head. Hopefully they just give him a few generic weapons 'n stuff like that! I'll have to think more about what else they could give him. Since he's pretty much naked, that leaves it open for a lot of extras!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yeah, and can we get the little kid standing by the fire too?!

He could come with matches and they could do a whole Smokey the Bear tie-in!

They could call him Little-Cousin-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Looking forward to a Red Beastman.
    A flesh colored, with new armor Stratos.
    And a modified Merman with new shorts boots n' gloves.
    A blonde Teela with possible new headsculpt would be sweet, and has been asked for repeatedly.

Those three are assumptions of course, just speculation, but how cool would it be to be able to represent the first four minicomics on your shelf in figure form?!
    Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

Easy to do too, since we have all of those characters already made. All they need are a few alterations. I wonder how profitable it would be? Many of the fans got into MOTU through Filmation and missed this period of MOTU.

Many of the fans got into MOTU through Filmation and missed this period of MOTU.
    That me in a nutshell but I have become enthralled with the pre Filmation stuff, it's just awesome.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I am really happy for you guys, but what exactly does MOTUC mean? MOTU Classics or MOTU Customs?

Sure, obscure characters like this one are a treat for fans, but I think we have too many of those way too early in the line. I really hope Mattel would concentrate on regular MOTU characters that people love and would actually buy, rather than obscure characters only, like, 7 people care about. It's OK to produce an occasional exotic, never-before-made figure, but this is just too much. Give us regular guys first, then move on to this.

Yes, I realize that this is a perfect opportunity to just remove He-Man's costume and sell him over again under a new name, making extra profit with virtually no investment, but in the long run it will be very bad for the line.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    AWESOME!!!
    As long as He-Man has his spear
    and his only clothes & accessories etc. "attached" on him are the furry shorts,
    so basically a barefoot He-Man without the bracelets than I'm a happy camper!

I would be an extremely happy camper if He-Man has a new Headsculpt!

This is getting the He-Man from the first appearance of the very first media on the first page ever! That is so totally awesome!!!

As for any extra accessories, I don't mind. Anything goes and is A Ok in my book on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Sure, obscure characters like this one are a treat for fans, but I think we have too many of those way too early in the line. I really hope Mattel would concentrate on regular MOTU characters that people love and would actually buy, rather than obscure characters only, like, 7 people care about.
    Every figure has sold out so far, and this version of He-Man, while confirmed, is not coming for a long time. So I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

I am really happy for you guys, but what exactly does MOTUC mean? MOTU Classics or MOTU Customs?

Sure, obscure characters like this one are a treat for fans, but I think we have too many of those way too early in the line. I really hope Mattel would concentrate on regular MOTU characters that people love and would actually buy, rather than obscure characters only, like, 7 people care about. It's OK to produce an occasional exotic, never-before-made figure, but this is just too much. Give us regular guys first, then move on to this.

Yes, I realize that this is a perfect opportunity to just remove He-Man's costume and sell him over again under a new name, making extra profit with virtually no investment, but in the long run it will be very bad for the line.
    Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™

LOL! Well, you don't get anymore Classic than the original mini-comics. And as I've been repeatedly told many times over the years while campaigning for 200X, this is MOTU Classic.

I don't think you have anything to fear. These have bonus figures written all over them, so they won't interfere with the regular monthly releases. Besides, these are essentially repaints (although some will need minimal tooling), effectively paying for future figures.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 25, 2011 at 12:36am.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    He should come with interchangeable Boots too!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Every figure has sold out so far, and this version of He-Man, while confirmed, is not coming for a long time. So I'm not sure what you mean exactly.
    Yeah, I know that the figures are selling out, but I just hope it stays that way. I just get this feeling that the line is getting a little bloated with too many different story-lines from too many eras merging together. Maybe it's just me, but I am beginning to lose the nostalgic feelings I had about it because there are just too many guys showing up that I never cared about. I know about these characters because I heard about them here on the Org, but honestly I couldn't care less about them and I am sure that 99% of the people would rather buy a Whiplash or Grizzlor, or whoever, than some dude who was the early concept for HM but got discarded later on. (There's a reason why he was discarded in the first place).

A lot of people didn't even care about King Grayskull and two Zodak(c)s, and now we get the Goddess, Wun Dar, Barbarian He-Man, and on the other hand no one knows when we would get some popular guys like Ram Man or Buzz Off? I know they require new sculpts, but so what?! Are we just stuck with He-Man repaints? if the line is so popular and it sells out, make the new sculpts! You'll reuse them later on.

I think we should have one (or at most two) of these characters a year, and that's it. They must be just a small percentage of the line - just an occasional extra.

He-Man (the original He-Man) is supposed to be the most powerful man in the universe. The way MOTUC is headed, every other character and their mother is more important than him!

Sorry if I seem a little annoyed...

If Mattel makes a Classic Prince Adam and the original Mini-Comic Barbarian He-Man then the MOTUC line will have a clear case of conflicting continuities. And I think it’s great. I don’t think MOTUC should be bogged down by continuities.

I prefer the Filmation/Adam as He-Man story, but for those of you who prefer the original mini comics, I’m glad that we’ll both eventually get what we want. And I’ll still probably get Swimsuit (Barbarian) He-Man anyway.

YMaybe it's just me, but I am beginning to lose the nostalgic feelings I had about it because there are just too many guys showing up that I never cared about. I know about these characters because I heard about them here on the Org, but honestly I couldn't care less about them and I am sure that 99% of the people would rather buy a Whiplash or Grizzlor, or whoever, than some dude who was the early concept for HM but got discarded later on. (There's a reason why he was discarded in the first place).
    I think you underestimate just how many people loved those old mini-comics as kids. They may not be nostalgic to you, but they are the origins of He-Man to a whole lot of people.

This excites me. I know it’s not to everyone’s liking, but I’m really liking the story that Mattel are giving us through their bios. They’ve made Eternia a much bigger place, as well as more mythological and epic. MOTU seems to be more than just He-Man and Skeletor now, and I like that. The stories they’re coming up with seem too big for the bios alone. Maybe a novel or, dare I say it, a one-off comic can be made from them. They seem too good to just exist for the bios alone.

I think you underestimate just how many people loved those old mini-comics as kids. They may not be nostalgic to you, but they are the origins of He-Man to a whole lot of people.
    Here here! The Pre-Filmation mini comics and golden books were the first exposure I had to MOTU when I was only 3 years old. I like that era/canon of MOTU the best, and I would love to see more characters from that oft-forgotten era. A 3 year old and his first ever exposure to He-Man and MOTU? You can't get more nostalgic than that for me!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    If Mattel makes a Classic Prince Adam and the original Mini-Comic Barbarian He-Man then the MOTUC line will have a clear case of conflicting continuities. And I think it’s great. I don’t think MOTUC should be bogged down by continuities.
    But MOTUC doesn't have multiple continuities like Transformers and G.I. Joe. They are merging everything into one whole storyline. Barbarian He-Man is as legit as Adam He-Man in MOTUC. Better than deciding on one storyline and alienating the rest.

Yeah, I know that the figures are selling out, but I just hope it stays that way. I just get this feeling that the line is getting a little bloated with too many different story-lines from too many eras merging together. Maybe it's just me, but I am beginning to lose the nostalgic feelings I had about it because there are just too many guys showing up that I never cared about. I know about these characters because I heard about them here on the Org, but honestly I couldn't care less about them and I am sure that 99% of the people would rather buy a Whiplash or Grizzlor, or whoever, than some dude who was the early concept for HM but got discarded later on. (There's a reason why he was discarded in the first place).
    Barbarian He-Man was discarded because he wasn't kiddie enough. They gave him a secret identity and Saturday morning sidekicks to appeal to children. He was successful in the years before Filmation came on the scene.

Oh, yeah...

Oo-Larr, Oo-Larr!™
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 25, 2011 at 12:36am.

A lot of people didn't even care about King Grayskull and two Zodak(c)s, and now we get the Goddess, Wun Dar, Barbarian He-Man, and on the other hand no one knows when we would get some popular guys like Ram Man or Buzz Off? I know they require new sculpts, but so what?! Are we just stuck with He-Man repaints? if the line is so popular and it sells out, make the new sculpts! You'll reuse them later on.

I think we should have one (or at most two) of these characters a year, and that's it. They must be just a small percentage of the line - just an occasional extra.

He-Man (the original He-Man) is supposed to be the most powerful man in the universe. The way MOTUC is headed, every other character and their mother is more important than him!

Sorry if I seem a little annoyed...
    Your problem lies in you are looking at the line from the aspect of everything coming at once.

Look at whats been announced, how many fluff characters are coming out to make the line bloated??? We are getting core characters for the remainder of the year and into next

Wun-Dar is not even available to anyone outside subscribers so it effects nobody who was not already hard core into the line. Barbarian He-Man could be coming at the tail end of 2010 or beyond, so that leaves you with The Goddess as definitive proof the line is being subject to non core characters. I would argue the Black Zodak is just as important if not more so than the old white Zodak, to me he is not an optional character
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

But MOTUC doesn't have multiple continuities like Transformers and G.I. Joe. They are merging everything into one whole storyline. Barbarian He-Man is as legit as Adam He-Man in MOTUC. Better than deciding on one storyline and alienating the rest.
    Yup. And there are a million ways to fit him into continuity. The easiest is having him be one of the precursors to He-Man. Heck, he could be the same He-Man as Adam. What if he was a more savage barbarian, but his merging with Adam is what gave He-Man his humanity - making him the one true "He-Man"?

(There's a reason why he was discarded in the first place).
    My understanding is that it wasn't "kid friendly" enough for TV. I could be wrong. But in any case the original minicomics are what got me into motu when I was a kid, long before filmation.

Yeah, I guess you are right, and I am glad that they can finally get what they want but I still hope they kept it separated, which brings me to another reply...

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I don’t think MOTUC should be bogged down by continuities.
    I couldn't agree more! Where others have seen "conflicting continuities" I always saw richness of continuities. But that is not what they are doing. They are trying to put it all together into one storyline and have all these He-Man coexist in the same universe (albeit some at different times). I wish they would not mix those. Yes, I will buy the Barbarian He-Man and the Goddess, but I will display them separately because they just don't belong with Adam and the gang. I guess I am just a little annoyed that they are mixing it all together - I think all the continuities would be better off on their own.

I guess I can just ignore the character bios, and I'll be fine

And, also wish they would do them later on the line, when the line had been established and successful enough to be able to support these alternatives.