Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian He-Man Thread ( Official Oo-Larr )

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yup. And there are a million ways to fit him into continuity. The easiest is having him be one of the precursors to He-Man. Heck, he could be the same He-Man as Adam. What if he was a more savage barbarian, but his merging with Adam is what gave He-Man his humanity - making him the one true "He-Man"?
    Wow. That's like Marvel's Thor or Captain Mar-Vel, where Thor and Donald Blake are two different beings. It's an interesting take on Adam transforming into He-Man, because usually He-Man is just a powered up Adam, not his own personality.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    We shouldn't forget that MOTUC represents ONE continuity that has elements from the others. That means a barbarian He-Man won't have the exact same story as he had in the minicomics. It is unlikely that he will be described as fighting Skeletor, Beastman and Mer-Man. He will probably be fighting some other villian (Prahvus?) instead.

The Barbaric He-Man will probably represent a post-Grayskull dark ages that occurs between ancient eternia and the time of Randor with its own heroes and villains.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    We shouldn't forget that MOTUC represents ONE continuity that has elements from the others. That means a barbarian He-Man won't have the exact same story as he had in the minicomics. It is unlikely that he will be described as fighting Skeletor, Beastman and Mer-Man. He will probably be fighting some other villian (Prahvus?) instead.

The Barbaric He-Man will probably represent a post-Grayskull dark ages that occurs between ancient eternia and the time of Randor with its own heroes and villains.
    I think Barbarian He-Man probably will be fighting Skeletor, Beast Man and Mer-Man--only it won't be Keldor, R'quil R'quazz and Squidish Rex. It'll probably be Demo-Man and members of Beast Man and Mer-Man's races.

All of this is getting me excited about [hopefully] seeing toy line versions of POP and early mini-comic based characters who never got a figure, such as Catra's army, the old Wizardress, Griffin-like beasts etc.

As a Filmation fan this may be sacrilege for me to say -- and by no means am I abandoning my love for those designs, but I almost don't even care anymore if someone like She-Ra doesn't have the design she had in the cartoon. Part of it is that I'm one of those people who also loved the original toy line (even though it gets a lot of flack), so I'm definitely not gonna be badmouthing a She-Ra figure based on the toy. The other part is that I've just gotten soooo sick of hearing about how Filmation is off-limits and all the associated stress with that. I'm so over it...lol

AND to top it off, I'm becoming wildly curious as to what She-Ra would be like if her story stayed closer to the mini-comics. Don't kill me POP fans.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow. That's like Marvel's Thor or Captain Mar-Vel, where Thor and Donald Blake are two different beings. It's an interesting take on Adam transforming into He-Man, because usually He-Man is just a powered up Adam, not his own personality.
    No. I'm talking about a permanent melding of the two characters into something that is more than the sum of the parts. There isn't Adam OR He-Man, only the combined Adam AND He-Man. He-Man brings the courage and strength, Adam brings the humanity and compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    And, also wish they would do them later on the line, when the line had been established and successful enough to be able to support these alternatives.
    I think that would be worse for the line. If the mini-comic characters aren't seen as being popular enough, the line will fizzle out when it finally gets to them. But if they are used to stretch out the "more popular" characters, the line will have a longer and steadier life.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; October 6, 2009 at 04:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am excited about the prospect of getting a Barbarian He-Man down the line. Though I wonder if they'll offer him as the Subscriber's exclusive for 2011 - each year they offer a different pre-cursor He-Man for subscribers?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Has it ever been stated that ALL of the heroes called He-Man used the power sword? As near as i can tell from the bios, many heroes have taken the name He-Man, and defended Grayskull and the swords, but the ONLY He-Man to use the power of Grayskull is Adam. This would mean that as heroic and powerful as the "other" He-Mans (He-Men?) may have been, Adam as He-Man is still the most powerful man in the universe. It also seems to me as though the power sword allows Adam to essentially tap into Grayskull's power, He-Ro's power, and the power of the elders (unless that is considered the same as the power of grayskull) This certainly suggests a special status in Adam to me, without marginalizing the previous heroes named He-man. On a side note, doesn't Skeletor in the MVC book "Dark Reflections" mention other's have gone by the name He-man?

I would be happy to get these barbarian man for my collection
    So he could bring the sword, the shoes and the wall for the weapons and with the Goddess, everyone could have a great display like in the mini Comic
    Maybe with the fireplace to

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    Has it ever been stated that ALL of the heroes called He-Man used the power sword? As near as i can tell from the bios, many heroes have taken the name He-Man, and defended Grayskull and the swords, but the ONLY He-Man to use the power of Grayskull is Adam. This would mean that as heroic and powerful as the "other" He-Mans (He-Men?) may have been, Adam as He-Man is still the most powerful man in the universe. It also seems to me as though the power sword allows Adam to essentially tap into Grayskull's power, He-Ro's power, and the power of the elders (unless that is considered the same as the power of grayskull) This certainly suggests a special status in Adam to me, without marginalizing the previous heroes named He-man. On a side note, doesn't Skeletor in the MVC book "Dark Reflections" mention other's have gone by the name He-man?
    Barbarian He-Man never used the Power Sword's energies like Adam does, preferring to use his axe and shield. While he often kept his half of the power sword hidden, he did use the sword occasionally.

Adam must have joined the blades together in modern times after he got them back from Skeletor (Keldor). LOL! Adam was four different He-Men in his career...Barbarian He-Man (he used super suits), 200X He-Man (he used the 200X sword to transform), Classic He-Man (the default version) and NA He-Man. And people think these bios detract from Adam?! They make him look even better!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 6, 2009 at 04:42pm.

And people think these bios detract from Adam?! They make him look even better!
    This cannot be said enough, all these extra he-mans just make Adam more special since he is the only one that retained his soul while gaining he-man's power. Like BCI Guy said, its not an either or, its a combo. Adam does not go away when He-Man is active, Adam just becomes stronger and braver with added knowledge.

More like Firestorm in DC Comics
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I think Barbarian He-Man probably will be fighting Skeletor, Beast Man and Mer-Man--only it won't be Keldor, R'quil R'quazz and Squidish Rex. It'll probably be Demo-Man and members of Beast Man and Mer-Man's races.
    I like that! And it is in keeping with Demoman being the original concept for Skeletor.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Hmm, let's see:

New forearms
    New loincloth
    New lower legs
    New feet
    New head (probably)
    New accessory/ies (probably)

I suppose if they relegate him to Bonus Figure status somewhere down the road (like 2011) I wouldn't mind too much, since I'm sure the 4H would make this a cool figure.

But any sooner and I'll be a little annoyed.
    Just too many other more interesting characters to make with that kind of new tooling budget, IMO.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    That's awesome news! Since this line started I've actually been liking the pre-Filmation canon more! I love the Green Goddess and barbarian He-Man! I'm SO excited to hear this!!

I can't wait to see more! Just PLEASE give us a Filmation Sorceress first!! That's all I ask. I never owned one before and I want one NOW!

There seem to be very good ideas on how to incorporate the posibilities of Barbarian He-Man and other He-Men into MOTUC here, and I for one only see any news of releasing characters that we've previously thought were not likely to come about as a very positive thing for the line. As far as the bios go I still think they are very hit or miss, but I'm very much in favor of having the line expanded into a true universe. Yeah there were lots of great characters already, but I don't mind more.

We need to look at this from different angles sometimes. I myself am a massive fan of filmation era and the original 80's figures, so when the new bios and obscure characters were being released and they didn't conform to my preconceived idea of how the eternian universe went, I myself started to feel that this line was starting to become ruined.

Now we're nearly a year in and every thing which was new is now starting to settle in and I've made a new theory of how all this pans out( although I practically have to invent a new one every time a weird bio comes out) and now, I'm pretty happy with it all now. We were always curious to where Adams power came from, and now we have one explanation of where it came from.

Still musing over the gg bio and the 'hemans'(hemen) aspect but we also wondered how many generations there was between grayskull and king miro, so this could be an answer with barbarbian heman

the problem is the 50 word bios, not the new info or characters
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I love your idea on the other thread of having him come with an Alcala-style head for Skeletor as a bonus item.
    Yes please!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I really hope Mattel would concentrate on regular MOTU characters that people love and would actually buy, rather than obscure characters only, like, 7 people care about.
    Savage He-Man is NOT an obscure character because Savage He-Man is the very first He-Man ever.
    I'm sure many others do care about this figure. Maybe not as much as Buzz-Off, Ram-Man, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, etc. but he is still a very significant character in the MOTU history because he's the first.
    He would be a perfect 2011 Bonus figure like Wun-Dar.

Wow! A barbarian HE-MAN!?? I never, in a zillion years, would have thought that was possible.

If that can happen, pretty much anything is up for grabs. Awesome!

( crosses fingers and hopes for 'Barbarian TEELA' )
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

No. I'm talking about a permanent melding of the two characters into something that is more than the sum of the parts. There isn't Adam OR He-Man, only the combined Adam AND He-Man. He-Man brings the courage and strength, Adam brings the humanity and compassion.
    I dunno if I like the He-man (Adam) we have now being two seperate characters.
    Things could get very conveluted real quick.
    That kinda like saying that Adam needs the He-man in him to be the hero.

What i said was when the Goddess' bio was revealed and folks were worried about Adam's He-man's uniquness, was that the Adam character is the most unliklely candidate for He-man. He's lazy and 'care little for matters of state'. But it despite these thing that Adam will (most likely) be the greatest He-man of them all. There a lot of good character stuff to had there if the He-man and Adam are one in the same.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    previous heroes named He-man. On a side note, doesn't Skeletor in the MVC book "Dark Reflections" mention other's have gone by the name He-man?
    Really? Can you confirm that as it would be rather cool if that was indeed the case!

I think all the continuities would be better off on their own.
    There is a part of me that still feels a bit like that but I can also see the benefit of cleaning it all up. It becomes a more weighty property for one.
    We still have our minicomics and whatnot if that's not what we want from MOTU.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Wow! A barbarian HE-MAN!?? I never, in a zillion years, would have thought that was possible.

If that can happen, pretty much anything is up for grabs. Awesome!

( crosses fingers and hopes for 'Barbarian TEELA' )
    YES YES YES!!!! Send her my way immediately!!!!
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Interesting. Where did TG say this at?
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Hey Meggy a thread were we can agree... is this the Twilight Zone?

Pre-Filmation... that is Classic
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Interesting. Where did TG say this at?
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...&postcount=292

And several posts which follow that one is where Barbarian He-Man was confirmed for a release sometime in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I dunno if I like the He-man (Adam) we have now being two seperate characters.
    Things could get very conveluted real quick.
    That kinda like saying that Adam needs the He-man in him to be the hero.

What i said was when the Goddess' bio was revealed and folks were worried about Adam's He-man's uniquness, was that the Adam character is the most unliklely candidate for He-man. He's lazy and 'care little for matters of state'. But it despite these thing that Adam will (most likely) be the greatest He-man of them all. There a lot of good character stuff to had there if the He-man and Adam are one in the same.
    But Adam does need He-Man to be a hero, at his young age he cannot do it himself.

I do not see how hard it is to understand that He-Man/Adam merging into one person is a bad thing, Adam is the only one we know of that basically gets all the power (the others are just guarding it) and so it could be argued he would be the "last" He-Man since he also merges the two sword halves together correct?
    Last edited by markatisu; October 6, 2009 at 07:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Not sure I'd get a barbarian He-Man, it depends on how it turns out I suppose. I am however, down for getting a Red Beastman from the early appearances. I dig that look for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post

Really? Can you confirm that as it would be rather cool if that was indeed the case!

I looked up the quote I was remembering. It wasn't quite as i remembered, but still interesting. In issue 6 of volume 3, Skeletor says "I'm still not sure who you are or where you came from. Ancient legends whisper that He-Man was a great protector from a time long ago. But stories are simply stories." At any rate, this quote suggests that there was at least one other hero who had gone by the name He-Man, though this is in the MVC take on 200x continuity, so it may have no bearing on MOTUC, and who knows what Val and Emiliano had planned for this clue.