Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian He-Man Thread ( Official Oo-Larr )

It looks like Photog got us a step closer to Oo-Larr, thanks to the bare "human" lower leg parts that he comes with.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    It looks like Photog got us a step closer to Oo-Larr, thanks to the bare "human" lower leg parts that he comes with.
    Demo-man's got them to

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Maybe we could get him packaged with a Battle Chariot
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

Official Oo-Larr Discussion Thread

Finally! Oo-Larr is coming to MOTUC!

I know a lot of people have been waiting patiently for Oo-Larr to be announced, myself included, and now I kind of feel that he has made the wait worth it. Oo-Larr seems like a great candidate for the final sub-only figure to be released (if, in fact, 2015 is really the final year...)

As far as source accuracy is concerned, it seems like the 4H have knocked this one out of the park! We have newly tooled wrists and calves which are now smooth, or naked, and an all-new "cave-man" He-Man head sculpt! Also, his accessories seem to be just right: a large spear (as seen in the iconic original mini-comic story) and an axe (which I'm still not sure if the axe comes with Huntara, or if it is actually included with Oo-Larr.)

Either way, I am super stoked to get this figure! Finally we can display our Alcala-headed Skeletor battling Oo-Larr, the tribe's greatest warrior!!

So we've been treated to not just one, but TWO new He-Men coming next year (Snake Armor He-Man and Oo-Larr), which is more exciting? What could make Oo-Larr better? What can his newly tooled parts be used for in the future of MOTUC?

Discuss!

PS: Mods, if a similar thread already exists I do apologize. I could not find one using the search engine.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    All the possibilities of he-man has come full circle.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Pretty dang excited for this! I do wish they had taken the chance to give 'em a minicomic Power Sword, but that's not really a complaint. Everything is pretty much perfect, AND there's that additional toy head! All the swapping, OH THE SWAPPING. Not sure what my main swaps are going to end up being, but I'll probably be trying the heads out on all the He-Men for awhile (except on Thunder Punch, I guess, since he's all pale).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm REALLY excited to finally be getting THIS incarnation of He-Man! I always loved the Alcala mini comics/pre-Filmation stuff. My ONLY nit-pick is nothing to do with flaws…it's the vintage style He-Man head…THAT is the head all the other He-Man figures should have! THAT'S He-Man!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Pretty dang excited for this! I do wish they had taken the chance to give 'em a minicomic Power Sword, but that's not really a complaint. Everything is pretty much perfect, AND there's that additional toy head! All the swapping, OH THE SWAPPING. Not sure what my main swaps are going to end up being, but I'll probably be trying the heads out on all the He-Men for awhile (except on Thunder Punch, I guess, since he's all pale).
    Yeah, I was hoping for that acala sword too.
    yes, Im going to be doing some head swapping (except for pale thunder punch).
    Cant wait to get Snake Armor HM as well so I can make my 200x HM & also see how the head looks on Prince Adam.
    But yeah that Acala Oo-Larr head & vintage toy HM are what Im super excited over.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Look up board member EvilMike if you need an Alcala sword and a more accurate spear.

This is a very divisive figure. Lots of people are calling it a waste of a slot. I'm really excited for it, though. I've mentioned before that I just finished making my own... oh well, I'll consider this an upgrade.

Heroic Warrior
    The First, the Real, the ONLY ONE He-Man. And with both Vintage and Alcala head. A 32 year dream finally became reality. In this case thanks Mattel, because it was a really long wait. Enough said.

I am very curious to read his bio....

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Look up board member EvilMike if you need an Alcala sword and a more accurate spear.

This is a very divisive figure. Lots of people are calling it a waste of a slot. I'm really excited for it, though. I've mentioned before that I just finished making my own... oh well, I'll consider this an upgrade.
    Yes his work is really worth looking at. I have several of his custom weapons/accessories.
    But yes he's got a much better version of the spear & hes got the acala sword.

I personally find it a very boring figure...in my mind THE least visually appealing figure of the whole line. That said, I don't feel he is a "waste of a slot" as some might say. He is just not my favorite.

This is so cool now we can have on display the whole revolution (concepts) of He-Man in classics form.

Vykrom, Vikor, Oo-Larr, He-Man (complete vintage toy look), NA He-Man & 200x He-Man

Wow! This has been a line that has really delivered!!

I agree that Oo-Larr is a polarizing figure... some people couldn't care less for him because they never have, or will, accept Oo-Larr as the original He-Man. While others felt that the line was incomplete without Oo-Larr due to his importance in the original mini-comics and He-Man's "toy" origin...

I am extremely happy that we are finally getting such an awesome representation of He-Man. Now there is at least one version of He-Man to appease the myriad fan base out there!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    This is so cool now we can have on display the whole revolution (concepts) of He-Man in classics form.

Vykrom, Vikor, Oo-Larr, He-Man (complete vintage toy look), NA He-Man & 200x He-Man

Wow! This has been a line that has really delivered!!
    Great way of putting it! I completely agree!

Update:
    Here is a look at the second Oo-Larr head on a He-Man body! Looks awesome!!!!

Thanks Fwoosh!

He looks extremely angry. Good stuff.

I am going to cry...vintage He-Man head!!! Now we can make a proper angry He-Man! No offense to the handsome, smooth faced He-Man we have now, but I love the vintage head sculpt!

BTW, I hope Oo-Larr is a separate character. It's okay if they want to have his spirit and power go into the sword (Hence giving Adam the appearance we see in modern times), but I hope Mattel doesn't somehow make Oo-Larr the modern He-Man we know...merge them like they did with Teela/The Goddess.

Oo-Larr is not a waste of a slot, he is an important character in MOTU, and should be treated as such. Not sure I would have made him the sub exclusive (the days of great sub exclusives ended with King He-Man), but he is an important character.
    Last edited by sirsniffy; July 27, 2014 at 10:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow! For the first time in the MOTUC line we are looking to the eyes of He-Man. Great moment. Also my compliments to the 4H, for the details that they put to the vintage head.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 27, 2014 at 10:18pm.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Wow! For the first time in the MOTUC line we are looking to the eyes of He-Man. Great moment. Also my compliments to the 4H, for the details that they put to the vintage head.
    100%
    The guys at Mattel and the Horsemen nailed it....
    Absolutely loving it.
    THANK YOU!
    Fantastical!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I am going to cry...vintage He-Man head!!! Now we can make a proper angry He-Man! No offense to the handsome, smooth faced He-Man we have now, but I love the vintage head sculpt!

BTW, I hope Oo-Larr is a separate character. It's okay if they want to have his spirit and power go into the sword (Hence giving Adam the appearance we see in modern times), but I hope Mattel doesn't somehow make Oo-Larr the modern He-Man we know...merge them like they did with Teela/The Goddess.

Oo-Larr is not a waste of a slot, he is an important character in MOTU, and should be treated as such. Not sure I would have made him the sub exclusive (the days of great sub exclusives ended with King He-Man), but he is an important character.
    I could not have said (typed?) it better myself! (Except the King He-Man part... )

I would love for Oo-Larr to have been the first He-Man to have donned the famous iron-cross armor and, as such, set a new standard for all others to follow. Of course, since we see him fighting Skeletor and his cronies throughout the mini-comics, I don't know exactly where Oo-Larr's origin is going to fit in MOTUC.... I think I am more excited to read Oo-Larr's bio than anyone else in the line!

This is a PERFECT sub only figure! I am very excited... where to display him along with the Goddess? That is my only concern. This line continues to be all sorts of awesome... it's nice to read a thread where people are happy and not crying!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Carrying her in his arms because she fell and broke her hip?

I'm excited for this figure, and I think he turned out fantastic!! Love the extra vintage head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Carrying her in his arms because she fell and broke her hip?

No!!!! Mine is still in one piece thanks goodness! I never move her, therein lies my trouble!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Eh...

The 4H did a great job on the figure and he's accurate to the source material but I find him to be pretty boring. I know some have wanted him so it's cool they are getting him but to me he seems like a wasted slot. Even the vintage figure head isn't doing anything for me. It looks weird on the classics body.